Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Seriously tho, people are hard sleeping on Celine with how she's like the best Emblem user after the Dragons

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fire Emblem Engage the framerate of Camilla's map.

Oh yh 3 Houses Frame rate simulator

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I'm not sure if i'll actually be able to do Mage Knight Citrinne this run. I mean i can but like Citrinne is basically magical Etie where she can hit really hard but her speed is ass (to the point where it's a meme that you give her Olwen S ring with Thunder cause she ain't doubling otherwise) and there's only one Lyn Emblem to go around. This isn't counting the fact that Celine and Ivy are here now.

So maybe in a third run where i don't use Etie and use Citrinne instead.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Seriously tho, people are hard sleeping on Celine with how she's like the best Emblem user after the Dragons

Hm? How so?

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? How so?

She is a Mystic...who can use Swords.

Most Emblems use Swords in their Emblem Attacks.

That means, she can benefit from Mystic bonuses while making use of Magic stat/Mystic bonuses for Engage attacks. Levin Sword Engage attacks as an example.

Lucina's all for One isn't 0 damage + chain attack damage anymore, but can actually deal damage with chain attacks (As Lucina's Swords suck quite a bit) 

With her mixed Stats she can attack both magically and physically with Sigurd, and get's Mystic Damage bonus as well.

Etc.

Not to mention she's fast and has super high luck growths, making her basically a Magic Myrmidon. 100 avo is the normal minimum with her Which can be a drawback in maddening as enemies start to ignore her then lol

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Lucina's all for One isn't 0 damage + chain attack damage anymore, but can actually deal damage with chain attacks (As Lucina's Swords suck quite a bit) 

This pains me, Shrimpy. 

Random thoughts @Acacia Sgt, but has there ever been a mecha series with water-filled cockpits?🤔

We've various systems that link physical motions of their pilot to their mech, yet gravity limits the movements possible within a cockpit. If you had a cockpit filled with some kind of fluid -or zero-gravity works too- the pilot would be free to flex in any possible way. Albeit the absence of gravity/introduction of water would likely slow the movements the pilots make (unless -and mecha is inherently fantasy so why not?- the pilots were wearing suits that cut through the fluid/0G for normal atmospheric motion times).

There would be the question of what benefit those motions not possible in a standard cockpit possess. It suggests to me a mech utilizing such a cockpit would need to be extra flexible, more of the organic/cyborg or polymer kind than the typical rigid steel soldier. Likely also some form of constant flight or at least hovering, as being earthbound would render those motions in fluid worthless. Said mech would possibly also need a larger than normal cockpit to grant the pilot the room to fully maneuver, which could necessitate a larger overall robot.

...Actually, are you aware of any mecha series that primarily take place underwater? Yes we have Getter-3, the Marine Spazer, and other mechs -seemingly not uncommonly multi-form- that have aquatic combat prowess. But I mean an entire manga/anime that takes place beneath the sea with all their robots intended for underwater warfare first and foremost. Water in SRW is that disliked, forgotten terrain type.

The fluid-cockpit mech would actually be benefit best from being underwater. Since unlike the vacuum of outer space, it water is a substance that one can push aside and thereby propel oneself forward, thrusters would be less necessary.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, when you consider the chain of events, perhaps the insanity wasn't so feigned

I left out the part where Hamlet stabs and kills a man (Polonius) eavesdropping behind a curtain thinking it's his uncle. Hamlet then proceeds to harshly criticize his mother for falling in love with his murderous uncle so soon after his father was killed. After which Hamlet leaves the room, dragging old Polonius's body out with him. He later refuses to tell anyone where the corpse is.

Right before the above? Hamlet had the perfect chance to kill his uncle. But nope! He was praying at the moment, you can't kill a murderer if they're praying, it'd be blasphemy nullifying any righteousness of the act.

And Hamlet technically committed a double-murder here. Since Polonius's daughter Ophelia was already mentally pushed to the edge, for at the start of the play she thought Hamlet loved her and was a sane man. She simply couldn't comprehend his changed behavior, yet tried to bear with it as it bore down on her. Unlike any Camus Fire Emblem has ever had, with the death of her father, she snaps. She hands out flowers, speaks of their symbolism, picks them, and then drowns, having no longer any sense of self-preservation left in her.

Hamlet is not an epic play in the least. It's one man's procrastination on a simple task given to them by a ghost, resulting in the death of every important person in the tragedy. How it is considered to be arguably Shakespeare's greatest work, I do not comprehend.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Random thoughts @Acacia Sgt, but has there ever been a mecha series with water-filled cockpits?🤔

We've various systems that link physical motions of their pilot to their mech, yet gravity limits the movements possible within a cockpit. If you had a cockpit filled with some kind of fluid -or zero-gravity works too- the pilot would be free to flex in any possible way. Albeit the absence of gravity/introduction of water would likely slow the movements the pilots make (unless -and mecha is inherently fantasy so why not?- the pilots were wearing suits that cut through the fluid/0G for normal atmospheric motion times).

There would be the question of what benefit those motions not possible in a standard cockpit possess. It suggests to me a mech utilizing such a cockpit would need to be extra flexible, more of the organic/cyborg or polymer kind than the typical rigid steel soldier. Likely also some form of constant flight or at least hovering, as being earthbound would render those motions in fluid worthless. Said mech would possibly also need a larger than normal cockpit to grant the pilot the room to fully maneuver, which could necessitate a larger overall robot.

...Actually, are you aware of any mecha series that primarily take place underwater? Yes we have Getter-3, the Marine Spazer, and other mechs -seemingly not uncommonly multi-form- that have aquatic combat prowess. But I mean an entire manga/anime that takes place beneath the sea with all their robots intended for underwater warfare first and foremost. Water in SRW is that disliked, forgotten terrain type.

The fluid-cockpit mech would actually be benefit best from being underwater. Since unlike the vacuum of outer space, it water is a substance that one can push aside and thereby propel oneself forward, thrusters would be less necessary.

Not water, but the Evangelions have their cockpits filled with Orange Soda LCL, which is fictional, but a liquid nonetheless. It's used to help sync the pilot with the Evangelion for the most part.

Actually, no, I don't think there actually is one, come to think of it. Any "ocean needs" is pretty much fulfilled with outer space, as it were.

Hahaha, you might think, but Space as a terrain has actually been absent from SRW twice! Unlike Water. Both cases being EX and Compact 3. EX makes sense because it takes place in La Gias, so no space. While Compact 3... no idea, actually. We just have no space stages at all for seemingly no reason.

54 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not water, but the Evangelions have their cockpits filled with Orange Soda LCL, which is fictional, but a liquid nonetheless. It's used to help sync the pilot with the Evangelion for the most part.

Ah, the big one I've yet to encounter that transcended the mecha subgenre and had an impact on anime as a whole. *Checks the master list* Looks like I'd have to wait for V as the sole English experience for that. I am (not) saying that I'm eagerly looking forward to that day, but NGE is a lacunae I want to see filled.

Use as a medium for the facilitation of linkage, makes sense. Not everything passes through air most efficiently, and it's a solid alternative to wiring.

Actually, no, I don't think there actually is one, come to think of it. Any "ocean needs" is pretty much fulfilled with outer space, as it were.

Ohhhh... c'mon! Space is dark and lifeless and cold. The ocean can be bright and colorful and lively!* What, did Aquaman being the lamest superhero turn off the super robot writers? How in the five decades of mecha has there not been a single 90%-covered-in-water planet in need of legions of specialized war machines? Get some terraformers over to Enceladus and melt the icy surface, that's next to Saturn, it's close. You can do it, Gundam.

*Well, light and life on the ocean's surface and on continental shelf, where you'd expect there to be lots of human aquatic settlement. The darkness of the depths could add intensity and danger later in a hypothetical story; the perfect place to hide the villains' bases too.

Hahaha, you might think, but Space as a terrain has actually been absent from SRW twice! Unlike Water. Both cases being EX and Compact 3. EX makes sense because it takes place in La Gias, so no space. While Compact 3... no idea, actually. We just have no space stages at all for seemingly no reason.

*Checks the game's series list and glimpses the flow chart*

Well, if you downplay UC Gundam, I suppose it's possible for space to become unneeded (kinda looks like C3 does if most of the UCs join in the first battle?). It'd still be strange, but if Banpresto cherrypicked their series carefully and made a few careful incisions into what's presented from them, I can see no-space working.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ah, the big one I've yet to encounter that transcended the mecha subgenre and had an impact on anime as a whole. *Checks the master list* Looks like I'd have to wait for V as the sole English experience for that. I am (not) saying that I'm eagerly looking forward to that day, but NGE is a lacunae I want to see filled.

Use as a medium for the facilitation of linkage, makes sense. Not everything passes through air most efficiently, and it's a solid alternative to wiring.

On the subject, I wished they used the TV series again... but I suppose Rebuild is here to stay for the time being.

Ohhhh... c'mon! Space is dark and lifeless and cold. The ocean can be bright and colorful and lively!* What, did Aquaman being the lamest superhero turn off the super robot writers? How in the five decades of mecha has there not been a single 90%-covered-in-water planet in need of legions of specialized war machines? Get some terraformers over to Enceladus and melt the icy surface, that's next to Saturn, it's close. You can do it, Gundam.

*Well, light and life on the ocean's surface and on continental shelf, where you'd expect there to be lots of human aquatic settlement. The darkness of the depths could add intensity and danger later in a hypothetical story; the perfect place to hide the villains' bases too.

I suppose they consider only having the occasional water involvement as enough.

*Checks the game's series list and glimpses the flow chart*

Well, if you downplay UC Gundam, I suppose it's possible for space to become unneeded (kinda looks like C3 does if most of the UCs join in the first battle?). It'd still be strange, but if Banpresto cherrypicked their series carefully and made a few careful incisions into what's presented from them, I can see no-space working.

Ah yes, UC Gundam in Compact 3 is post-script for the most part, stopping beyond ZZ Gundam but not incorporating Char's Counterattack except for units like the Nu Gundam. Well, you do face against the Titans remnants for a bit in the early game, but they peter out pretty much by the midgame.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

You know, I am thinking on changing my approach a bit in my fan SRW idea.

Mainly, I think I'm going to make it like T and 30 and have the Main Trio of Amuro, Koji, and Ryoma be in their 20's/Veteran status. I've found I quite like that approach... the fact I am already that age too may have a hand there, pft.

Anyway, that means replacing Classic Mazinger and Getter for Mazinger Infinity and Getter Robo Armageddon. I even thought of a good way to meld it together, thanks to, again, T and 30 giving pointers on that front, heh.

As a side-note, since I mentioned previously I added Might Gaine to the list, I was thinking that just like the Ultimate Gundam of G Gundam was created because of Second Impact and Orphan's awakening, so were those events what drove Maito's father to create the Brave Express Corps.

Anyway, so, if you recall from what else I plan to have in my roster, years after above, with the situation on Earth being quite delicate... cue the crash-landing of the alien vessel that would become the Macross, combined with the beginning sightings of Invaders on the Moon and the stablishment of the Reclaimers, means the Earth Federation can no longer keep secret the fact there is alien life out there... and is very very hostile. Since at this point they'd also known, through NERV, of the Angels. This is one of the catalysts the Zabi Family uses to drive to proclaim independence. Taking cues on the possible explanation as to why Zeon joined forces with Bian Zoldark in Classicverse. The "we'd be the first line of defense so we'll bear the brunt of any invasion and the Earthnoids would happily allow that if it means they'd remain mostly unscathed" train of logic. I'll also take cues from Alpha 1, where Dr. Hell joined forces with the Principality of Zeon. And just like T and 30, thus the One Year War and the Moon Wars happen concurrently. If 30 had the dynamic of Guy being part of the "veteran group", here it'd be Roy Focker from Macross, due to how the dates match. Rather than the Unification Wars (which wouldn't exist here due to circumstance), it's the One Year War that makes him leave the air circus to join the army, and thus ends up as part of the motley crew of the White Base.

... man, how I can think all this up and still only have it gather digital dust... Bandai Namco should hire me. *shot*

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

So you're telling me she's a good unit?

Perhaps even... top tier?

Bench

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'm not sure if i'll actually be able to do Mage Knight Citrinne this run. I mean i can but like Citrinne is basically magical Etie where she can hit really hard but her speed is ass (to the point where it's a meme that you give her Olwen S ring with Thunder cause she ain't doubling otherwise) and there's only one Lyn Emblem to go around. This isn't counting the fact that Celine and Ivy are here now.

So maybe in a third run where i don't use Etie and use Citrinne instead.

Find a compromise: mage knight Etie.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I left out the part where Hamlet stabs and kills a man (Polonius) eavesdropping behind a curtain thinking it's his uncle. Hamlet then proceeds to harshly criticize his mother for falling in love with his murderous uncle so soon after his father was killed. After which Hamlet leaves the room, dragging old Polonius's body out with him. He later refuses to tell anyone where the corpse is.

Right before the above? Hamlet had the perfect chance to kill his uncle. But nope! He was praying at the moment, you can't kill a murderer if they're praying, it'd be blasphemy nullifying any righteousness of the act.

And Hamlet technically committed a double-murder here. Since Polonius's daughter Ophelia was already mentally pushed to the edge, for at the start of the play she thought Hamlet loved her and was a sane man. She simply couldn't comprehend his changed behavior, yet tried to bear with it as it bore down on her. Unlike any Camus Fire Emblem has ever had, with the death of her father, she snaps. She hands out flowers, speaks of their symbolism, picks them, and then drowns, having no longer any sense of self-preservation left in her.

No, you don't understand, Observer. Polonius was not praying. His crass religious views disgusted Hamlet.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hamlet is not an epic play in the least. It's one man's procrastination on a simple task given to them by a ghost, resulting in the death of every important person in the tragedy. How it is considered to be arguably Shakespeare's greatest work, I do not comprehend.

Old tragicomedies are weird in general. Remember Romeo & Juliet? Famous masterpiece and quintessential romance? Not exactly a shining example of a healthy relationship, is it.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

nxm86r5qqfna1.png?width=825&height=619

Sommie running is peak Fire Emblem.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

if you want to count spin off manga then yes. in Mazinger Zero, Sayaka got a new mecha named Artemis, a successor to Aphrodite and Venus. The cockpit is a liquid oxygen, with reasoning such as dampening impact and ease of movement etc, since it moves by moving her own body.

i cant post the exact page, its kinda NSFW-ish and i cant remember the forum rules regarding that. but its in chapter 17-18 if you want to check

------------------------

pretty sure theres also other mecha that use similar idea, but cant remember. and its usually be a Super-robot type for obvious reasons. will post if i do remember

Edited by joevar

@GuardianSing

I thought of another random game or two to suggest to you

Fallout: New Vegas: A classic, which combined the best aspects of old Fallout, and Bethesda Fallout, which has a fair bit to say about politics, and morality, in a way I think you may end up enjoying. Do be warned, this is a buggy open world game (like all the Bethesda open world games really), and you will almost certainly have to reload the game at some point because of that. This at its core is a game about choice, and is surprisingly robust to things like failure (for instance, failing to prevent a President's assassination doesn't lead to a game over, it just has consequences for world continuing on), the player's willingness to murder hobo important characters, or the player's willingness to solve problems without violence (even letting you talk the final boss into retreating...if you can create an argument he actually finds convincing).

Undertale: Another RPG about choice, but this time its an indy darling, that you have probably at least heard of before, although you might want to wait until you have a few RPGs under your belt before playing it, as it tends to play with conventions of the genre in really clever ways. Well known as friendly RPG in which nobody has to die...but you always have that as an option. Best known for its two extreme routes, the Pacifist route, and No Mercy route (often referred to as the Genocide route as well), and its meta-commentary on the genre.

9 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

This pains me, Shrimpy. 

But you know it's true xD

Lucina's best weapon is her Bow, and she can't use that for All for One.

Lucina does have top tier skills anyone can benefit from yes, but for her Engage attack you preferably have a good Sword user. Celine fits the bill due to Levin Sword, but someone like Kagetsu or Alpaca boi with high str and the ability to use Silver Blades could work great as well.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Perhaps even... top tier?

ehhh

I don't think she's top with the likes of Kagetsu and Ivy

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

BiqzpH0KFN.jpg

seems the developers really loves Attack on Titan so much.

I mean, the "monster" even appear from a wounded man, before transforming into that. clearly a nod to the Anime/manga where the people who can turn into titan need to be wounded first

Find a compromise: mage knight Etie.

Alternatively: Warrior Citrinne.

Not exactly a shining example of a healthy relationship, is it.

It was probably really progressive for the time. "What? Heirs of a noble family wanting to marry out of love and not because it's politically/financially convenient? What manner of sorcery is this?"

I like this tier list lol

But you know it's true xD

Lucina's best weapon is her Bow, and she can't use that for All for One.

Lucina does have top tier skills anyone can benefit from yes, but for her Engage attack you preferably have a good Sword user. Celine fits the bill due to Levin Sword, but someone like Kagetsu or Alpaca boi with high str and the ability to use Silver Blades could work great as well.

Ngl I didn't feel Lucina really needed the super attack. I had her on Lindon all the time, who made woeful use of every part of her kit except the guarding and the backup attacks. It still was a great combo just because backup attacks are really good. She's not the best emblem, but she has her uses. Certainly no Marth.

ehhh

I don't think she's top with the likes of Kagetsu and Ivy

Saved!

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

Well... I refuse to accept that, then! lmao

Will you challenge her fate?

It worked for me. They say Vandad is Jeigan and unsalvageble. Hah! I scoff at that.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Alternatively: Warrior Citrinne.

Do both. Alongside Sage Vandad, because why not.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It was probably really progressive for the time. "What? Heirs of a noble family wanting to marry out of love and not because it's politically/financially convenient? What manner of sorcery is this?"

Good point.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Will you challenge her fate?

It worked for me. They say Vandad is Jeigan and unsalvageble. Hah! I scoff at that

Naturally! There is no other course than to challenge fate!

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I mean, have you seen the divorce rates nowadays because people think on marrying for love?

Love is ephemeral, political/financial perks last longer. Marrying for love was a mistake.

---

Okay, not-quite a disclaimer: *has separated parents*

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Hmm

Since i am planning to replace Alcryst with Lindon...How viable is a crit/Wrath build with Lindon actually?

19 Mag ain't bad, but since i will need to stick with Elfire for the 20 crit bonus....

Corrin Engrave will reduce the MT, but give it 40 crit, and wrath will top it to 90 crit. Giving him Leif for Vantage than Inheriting Wrath and Mag+ or Hold out should do the trick

The question is if low 30s MAttack with crits will be enough 

25 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hmm

Since i am planning to replace Alcryst with Lindon...

Based

Get his Saphir support for kino

How viable is a crit/Wrath build with Lindon actually?

Extremely. Nigh guaranteed 100 crit rates against everything, if you throw him a forged Elsurge as well. Though even just with Elfire he had great success for me.

19 Mag ain't bad, but since i will need to stick with Elfire for the 20 crit bonus....

Corrin Engrave will reduce the MT, but give it 40 crit, and wrath will top it to 90 crit. Giving him Leif for Vantage than Inheriting Wrath and Mag+ or Hold out should do the trick

I believe Byleth doesn't reduce might? Though you might already be using that one elsewhere.

The question is if low 30s MAttack with crits will be enough 

For me he one-rounded pretty much everything, and I wasn't even close to having a good build on him. Didn't even give him wrath until way later. Don't underestimate this old man's growth rates.

Inb4 RNG screwage

Edited by Saint Rubenio