Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Curious, why do others hate RNG so much? I dont get it.

Wasting time and restarting due to pure luck, especially when the odds were in your side is and the game doesn't give you the ability to make 100% is annoying and bs to alot of people.

Alot of people find it fine, too, but i am not one of them, and don't think it adds anything to the challenge. Just annoyances.

If it was up to me i would nerf the hell out of crits for everyone except for crit based classes, too xD

Hit rates are enough rng.

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 177.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

...look up Vestaria Saga's final map xD

He has *mostly* grown out of his BS phase.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

RNG is fine for hit rates. But I shouldn't have my weapon breaking be left up to chance. That's garbage design. Plain and simple.

Bro, that is one bad mechanic. If everything in Berwick were really faulty, I may agree, but having one bad idea, (or two, since capturing isn't great) doesn't make a game that bad. Berwick was the first FE-like game to eliminate RNG from skills, (with only Adept and vengeful being proc based, unless I am forgetting one.) and did other good things that FE would later copy. Kaga has really good ideas, and I think he'd do really well back with IntSys, who wouldn't let things like that enter the game.

Just now, Benice said:

Bro, that is one bad mechanic. If everything in Berwick were really faulty, I may agree, but having one bad idea, (or two, since capturing isn't great) doesn't make a game that bad. Berwick was the first FE-like game to eliminate RNG from skills, (with only Adept and vengeful being proc based, unless I am forgetting one.) and did other good things that FE would later copy. Kaga has really good ideas, and I think he'd do really well back with IntSys, who wouldn't let things like that enter the game.

Oh, I know. I'm not saying Berwick's a bad game. Far from it. I actually have enjoyed my time with it so far.

I just think that one mechanic is pretty awful. I hope it doesn't negatively affect my experience with Berwick too much as I continue with the game.

I do understand what you mean, even if I disagree.

Yeah, durability alone isn't enough to sour me on the game, especially when the game is mostly a blast so far.

There's a certain bullshit/fun ratio where i say enough is enough, and in case of Berwick Saga i would say it's 2:8 bullshit:fun ratio so far. 

FE5 for example was 3:7, due to alot of Bullshit and surprises, even with a spoilerless guide, yet i still love the game XD

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

with only Adept and vengeful being proc based, unless I am forgetting one.

Parry and Iaido come to mind, as well

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I hope it doesn't negatively affect my experience with Berwick too much as I continue with the game.

It hopefully won't, since it is a 1% chance for stuff to break.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Which is the right thing, because he didn't hold the copyrights to FE. 

Yeah copyright law is bs and all, but as smart as Kaga is, he really should've gotten a lawyer during TRS development.

Unless there has been lawsuits over "your video game looks too similar to mine" before...

Doesn't detract from IS doing things like trademarking "Pegasus Knight" after TR got released and try to use it in the lawsuit.

They also tried to sue him a third time over Berwick, but were denied.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Parry and Iaido come to mind, as well

Ooh, right. Forgot about those. Modtly because Iado barely exists.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Unless there has been lawsuits over "your video game looks too similar to mine" before...

I mean, trying to continue a story set in the same universe is much more than ''look similiar to mine''.

Yeah, IS and Ninty pulled alot of bullshit, i give you that.

I mean, trying to continue a story set in the same universe is much more than ''look similiar to mine''.

Yeah, IS and Ninty pulled alot of bullshit, i give you that.

Ultimately, the whole thing ended up being for the better. Because it set the precedent that okayed spiritual successors like Bloodstained, Yooka-Layle, Mighty No. 9, etc. by other creators who left their companies but were unable to keep the copyright to their works.

Not everyone is that lucky.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Because it set the precedent that okayed spiritual successors like Bloodstained, Yooka-Layle, Mighty No. 9, etc. by other creators who left their companies but were unable to keep the copyright to their works.

Thankfully.

But yeah, modern copyright law is complete and utter bs.

But that's how it is when you work for a company. Most of your work will belong to them, not to you, sadly

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Unless you use Volo xD

Well yeah, it activates quite a lot, but it doesn't have much of an effect. (I think my Faye has nearly 85% chance to proc it, actually...) It is a nice bonus though, I guess.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

758631599498985473.png?v=1

always my fav. bosses to face. Swordmasters...

Ah, you opened the chest. Marcel, Derrick, Clifford or a well-raised Arthur could deal with him.

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Marcel, Derrick, Clifford or a well-raised Arthur could deal with him.

Here's the thing. Since it's a sidequest and it looked easy enough, only Dean is there from my stronger units XD

Also my Arthur isn't that good. I use him from time to time, but i already have enough sword users xD

Might drop Faye for him though lol.

Here's the thing. Since it's a sidequest and it looked easy enough, only Dean is there from my stronger units XD

Ooof... Hm, do you have Mjolnir? 'Cause Mjolnir desperation might do the trick. Otherwise, probably just Desperation and pray.

Also, this embodiment of Kaga's evil has Adept too. Watch out.

btw @Benice did you miss my ''happiness points'' question? xD

OH SHOOT

Uh, yeah, that's right, main missions give 2 and side give 1. Eating at Kingfisher pavilion also earns one point. Faye dying also gives her happiness. Note that permanently recruited characters, (Such as the Sinon knights and Izerna) do not need happiness for their events.

Oh, if Faramir dies, Faye can also permadie. Forgot to mention that.

YES
MY 4x BATTLECRY HIT HIM WITH 68 HIT

xD

Also, this embodiment of Kaga's evil has Adept too. Watch out

*swordmaster evil

Even non-Kaga FE pull that shit with Swordmasters xD

Sometimes they go full force and give em Vantage + Astra, just because XD

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Uh, yeah, that's right, main missions give 2 and side give 1. Eating at Kingfisher pavilion also earns one point. Faye dying also gives her happiness. Note that permanently recruited characters, (Such as the Sinon knights and Izerna) do not need happiness for their events.

Thanks for the info!

So i need to deploy Esteban in 4 more side quests and Sherpa 1 main quest, right?

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh, if Faramir dies, Faye can also permadie. Forgot to mention that.

yeah i can see that^^

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

OOF.

Pallas riana can attack from 2 range, though!

I know, was just testing the hitrates and stuff xD

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

YES
MY 4x BATTLECRY HIT HIM WITH 68 HIT

M*****F*****

HE EVADED 3 OF PALLAS RIANA

3!

1rn.txt

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So i need to deploy Esteban in 4 more side quests and Sherpa 1 main quest, right?

Yep. Esteban actually has special dialogue with Arina for when he eats and kingfisher Pavilion, actually!

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I know, was just testing the hitrates and stuff xD

Ah, okay. Just wanted to make sure you knew, 'cause...

Yep. Esteban actually has special dialogue with Arina for when he eats and kingfisher Pavilion, actually!

i need to rehire him one time then so he appears there XD

Ah, okay. Just wanted to make sure you knew, 'cause...

dw 😉

1rn.txt

Swordmasters.Boss

xD

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Swordmasters.Boss

That reminds me of how Kronya got pushed into a forest...That was not fun to deal with, but Leonie killed her all the same!