Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

no no, as a response to your post xD

Yeah. Minas is scary but not too scary. Theodore...Well, it's no wonder Barselphon can't take Minas back himself.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

...none of them this chapter...

nice...

That can be changed via savescumming-Load up your save and try again, I think that changes it.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Give them to me. I'm the one Ironmanning the game!

But you'll mistake it for a health charm and give it to Axel and he'll die! I am obviously the better recipient of the miracle charms.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

and who got you into Berwick? He deserves all the credit then xD

Oh, I forgot to answer this.

In my case? The translation thread and a random gameplay I watched on Youtube. It was love at first sight. So yeah, the credit stops at me.

...really though, the ones who deserve all the credit are @Aethin and @Lightgazer. Without their hard work, all of us non-japanese speakers wouldn't be able to play Berwick Saga! Well... not quite as much, anyway. I know I wouldn't be able to like the game as much if I didn't get to enjoy Volcens's delightful presence in between missions.

Prompted by another user, I finally went and wrote down why I like Neptune as a character.
Severe gushing warning!

Most people will see Neptune as a fun-loving jokester, whose main function is to make references or break the fourth wall, and while that is a very large part of her character (a part which I really enjoy), it's not all there is to her.
I like that there is very much depth to her character, that might appear subtle on the surface, but it's apparent when you look at her closely.
She is lazy, yes, but that only applies to paperwork, since when the chips are down, she's usually the first to take action and be ready to help people out. And while she can appear narcissistic at times, particularly when it comes to her status as the series' protagonist, she is actually very selfless, as evidenced by one scene in Megadimension Neptunia VII, where the other characters get to look at what Neptune wishes for deep down. And it turns out that she wishes for nothing except the happiness of other people. All she wants for herself is being able to have fun with her friends and younger sister, whom she treasures very much. And even when she engages in the occasional teasing (particularly towards friendly rival Noire), it never comes across as mean-spirited.

There are also multiple hints that she is in actuality smarter than she makes herself out to be at times, and this is no more evident than when she transforms into Purple Heart, which changes her personality into that of a no-nonsense Lady of War, who is very ironically the one who has to rein everyone else in when the situation gets tense (and it's also very clear she has the brains in their group when she transforms, whereas Noire becomes overconfident, and Blanc becomes more violent and reckless, whereas Vert stays largely the same, but more arrogant). Neptune doing a 180 upon transforming might be jarring, but what is easily forgotten is that she's still Neptune, so the Purple Heart personality is still very much a part of her.
Not to mention some of her more "philosophical" lines really resonate with me, such as when she says that the mundane, everyday things are sometimes the most important, or that when things look bad, a friend will help a person get back on their feet.

tumblr_mqd3ukvPeE1qbvovho1_500.gif

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

10k gold.

kek

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, I forgot to answer this.

In my case? The translation thread and a random gameplay I watched on Youtube. It was love at first sight. So yeah, the credit stops at me.

...really though, the ones who deserve all the credit are @Aethin and @Lightgazer. Without their hard work, all of us non-japanese speakers wouldn't be able to play Berwick Saga! Well... not quite as much, anyway. I know I wouldn't be able to like the game as much if I didn't get to enjoy Volcens's delightful presence in between missions.

fantl teams are the goat!

It's thanks to them we can play so many games and read so much officialy not localized stuff.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

She is lazy, yes, but that only applies to paperwork, since when the chips are down, she's usually the first to take action and be ready to help people out. And while she can appear narcissistic at times, particularly when it comes to her status as the series' protagonist, she is actually very selfless, as evidenced by one scene in Megadimension Neptunia VII, where the other characters get to look at what Neptune wishes for deep down. And it turns out that she wishes for nothing except the happiness of other people. All she wants for herself is being able to have fun with her friends and younger sister, whom she treasures very much. And even when she engages in the occasional teasing (particularly towards friendly rival Noire), it never comes across as mean-spirited.

There are many scenes through the series where that i shown, right from the beginning from Nep 1 😉

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

There are also multiple hints that she is in actuality smarter than she makes herself out to be at times, and this is no more evident than when she transforms into Purple Heart, which changes her personality into that of a no-nonsense Lady of War, who is very ironically the one who has to rein everyone else in when the situation gets tense (and it's also very clear she has the brains in their group when she transforms, whereas Noire becomes overconfident, and Blanc becomes more violent and reckless, whereas Vert stays largely the same, but more arrogant). Neptune doing a 180 upon transforming might be jarring, but what is easily forgotten is that she's still Neptune, so the Purple Heart personality is still very much a part of her.

The duality of Purple Heart and Nep is one of the reasons i love her so much, umu!

Well said, young Draggy!

I feel languid, morose and somber. I seek sidereal haunts, where the succubi roar for their glut and the funereal pageantries of long vanished cycles can at times still be heard on the night winds in the cimmerian darkness of the void.

Edited by Wraith

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

There are many scenes through the series where that i shown, right from the beginning from Nep 1 😉

True, but in that scene, it's outright stated, so I used that as an example! ^^

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The duality of Purple Heart and Nep is one of the reasons i love her so much, umu!

Agreed!

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well said, young Draggy!

Thanks! ^^

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

Wow Roy has a serious case of baby face... how old is he supposed to be?

15, IIRC.

And how come all of my non Jagen units have literally no res xD

Because in Elibe, they don't know what res is. xD

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I see Sooks is playing FE6. Good luck, Sooks! ^^

Eh, I won't really need it. Now if my units could get strength and speed...

Although, I might use Wolt because he's Rebecca's (and Wil's in my head) kid, but with that gene pool, things won't turn out great...

Eh, I won't really need it. Now if my units could get strength and speed...

Oh you'll need it... those hit rates, man... XD

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

Although, I might use Wolt because he's Rebecca's (and Wil's in my head) kid, but with that gene pool, things won't turn out great...

If an Elibe remake actually went with this... oh boy, oh boy. XD