Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I'm on fire this year. I've watched three movies now. That's more movies than I watched last year and the year before combined, I'm pretty sure.

As for what the third one is... well, it's this.

I have no fucking idea what I just watched, but damn it's well done. If you'd asked me, using a decade-old software with a set of characters usually only found in meme videos, you couldn't possibly pull off a feature length flick, much less psychological horror, much much less of excellent quality. Yet here we are, I suppose.

...Now I just need to find an essay to explain to me what that was all about lol

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

17 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

that's what makes it fun!

If everyone else doesn’t mind the entire challenge crashing and burning due to one player

17 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

anything aslong as you can appropiately link it with our run and see what you can link and the punishments

Hmm…

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If everyone else doesn’t mind the entire challenge crashing and burning due to one player

I mean, so far only me and 06 are in, and i didn't decide on what game to play yet, even. So everything still open, in the plans.

I think 06 might do Pokemon Gen3 Remake

1 hour ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Well gentlemen I have good news. After many hard months in the salt mines I finally have a long vacation!

What’s a “vacation”? 

I aint had one in years

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Anyway, that’s fe7 ironman* and my first ironman* complete. The survivors were Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Nils, Renault, Matthew, and… fucking Bartre?? (So the non game over units are Nils, Renault, Matthew, and fucking Bartre. So four units.) I’m not good at this game…

The tactician ending I got said something about my tactics being incomprehensible to historians. Clearly this means I was so utterly brilliant that no one could see my strategies coming.… 

Hell, I get better marks than that even with all my arena grinding Lol 🤣

I usually give the Afa’s drops to Lyn and she says “well done Im glad we did our best” with a B score 😎

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

If we’re doing non FE, what would I even play? Banner Saga? Berwick Saga?

My other favorite... Heroes of Might and Magic perhaps? 😉

40 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Sooks my boy there are many pitfalls in life when it comes to damning one’s soul. Sometimes one can like something that they think brings them happiness in the sort term, only to cause irreparable harm in the long run.

You just worry about deciding whether to sacrifice yourself or the world and rule it in its damnation 😎

”Captain, whaddya talkin about? 🤔

Spoiler

That would be the last choice you make in Blood Omen

Edited by Capt. Fargus

44 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Sooks my boy there are many pitfalls in life when it comes to damning one’s soul. Sometimes one can like something that they think brings them happiness in the sort term, only to cause irreparable harm in the long run.

Is this… an extended metaphor about alcoholism? From you of all people? Are you okay? Is this a cry for help?

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm on fire this year. I've watched three movies now. That's more movies than I watched last year and the year before combined, I'm pretty sure.

As for what the third one is... well, it's this.

I have no fucking idea what I just watched, but damn it's well done. If you'd asked me, using a decade-old software with a set of characters usually only found in meme videos, you couldn't possibly pull off a feature length flick, much less psychological horror, much much less of excellent quality. Yet here we are, I suppose.

...Now I just need to find an essay to explain to me what that was all about lol

Never could get into the psych horror jobs. I always find em too hard to follow

I do enjoy sci fi ones like Aliens or religion based like The Omen. It’s always interesting seeing how Hell or Satan gets depicted 

The wife has me watching one now called Love’s Unending Legacy. With this pop culture stuff the way it is, it’s refreshing to see a woman that’s attractive yet not a total bitch

33 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

What’s a “vacation”? 

I aint had one in years.

Super happy fun time Captain.

30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is this… an extended metaphor about alcoholism? From you of all people? Are you okay? Is this a cry for help?

Really Sooks? I’m talking about saving Shrimp-kun’s soul, not my perfectly normal and healthy pastime.

Why is my battle history guy Merlinus? It could be because I got my afa’s drops unit and/or Oswin killed or I guess because I did super badly. Bad enough for him to say “better you should join me in my shop, yes?” like damn.

Just now, Sooks said:

Why is my battle history guy Merlinus? It could be because I got my afa’s drops unit and/or Oswin killed or I guess because I did super badly. Bad enough for him to say “better you should join me in my shop, yes?” like damn.

Ya I think thats how it works

I know he’s the default if you dont give the Afa’s drops to anybody. I guess that also goes if the one you gave it to gets killed

Oh apparently Merlinus is the default, I just assumed it was Oswin because he’s the one who does it when you check your ranks in your save file. Why is if different?

But I guess that answers the question of why he’s here, it’s because I got my afa’s drops unit killed.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Ya I think thats how it works

I know he’s the default if you dont give the Afa’s drops to anybody. I guess that also goes if the one you gave it to gets killed

Dammit, you beat me.

Yeah I assumed Oswin was the default.

@Saint Rubenio You’ll love this 😁

You know the part of ch 5 of Requiem when the boss wyvern rider shows up with his two sidekicks?

Damned if I didnt just cheese the hell outta that one. I parked Marco in the bottom fortress with a Deathscythe and waited... and guess who they went after? Lol

As the Queen song goes... “and another one bites the dust” 😎

Okay, there's no more quests I can do without actually grind up in level. So, it's finally time... into the Bionis' Interior!

Well, this is quite surreal... but still quite wicked cool.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Ngl it's been a while since i've been reminded what dungeons in RPGs usually are. Half a year playing Zelda and then the other RPGs i've played recently typically don't have, you know, dungeons, and then i'm playing Ys Celceta and just went through a cave that called itself a dungeon. Like there weren't even any ruins in it, it was just a normal-ass cave with a boss door at the end and a gimmick item.

This isn't a criticism, this is merely whiplash lmao.

Edited by Armagon

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Harken died to a crit that I don’t remember the odds of, then I got Karla killed putting her in range of a Druid without bothering to check the damage, because again, recklessness.

Oof, an endgame bloodbath. Not the most uncommon thing to occur in an ironman, but you can solo a lot of that map with Athos fairly safely

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

I got a Druid down to exactly enough health that Dart (who is base level btw) could kill him a with a hand axe hit that had a 58% chance of happening, which I naturally went for because it would be funny (I probably don’t need to say that this late game Druid could easily OHKO base level Dart). He, uh, didn’t hit that attack…

Giving Dart a last minute chance to prove himself is a nice little touch, too bad it didn't work out for the guy.

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

also berserked Renault killed Guy.

God Berserk staff are the worst...

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Then I killed Nergal without incident. I threw everything I had at the Fire Dragon because I thought I might maybe be able to kill it in one turn and didn’t feel like checking the math, but I couldn’t. The Fire Dragon could’ve given me a game over but instead it prioritized killing Athos for some reason, so Athos died and I meant to give the kill to Hector, but Lyn got a crit softening the boss up and got the kill instead. Insane.

OMG, I can't believe you actually lost Athos in the end.

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Anyway, that’s fe7 ironman* and my first ironman* complete. The survivors were Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Nils, Renault, Matthew, and… fucking Bartre?? (So the non game over units are Nils, Renault, Matthew, and fucking Bartre. So four units.) I’m not good at this game…

I love that Bartre of all people survived to the end after all that raining blood. I would have to double check, but I think @Benice's classic FE7 ironman had even more casualties by the end of it.

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Read the above, I got all the fe7 units I could killed except for 4. You don’t want others’ runs in my hands.

Don't worry about it, FE7 is a surprisingly brutal ironman, and having someone losing linked units for you is half the fun of a linked ironman like this 😛

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I mean, so far only me and 06 are in, and i didn't decide on what game to play yet, even. So everything still open, in the plans.

I think 06 might do Pokemon Gen3 Remake

You can probably pencil me in for another round.

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oof, an endgame bloodbath. Not the most uncommon thing to occur in an ironman, but you can solo a lot of that map with Athos fairly safely

I just wish that Karla survived. She’s cool.

Giving Dart a last minute chance to prove himself is a nice little touch, too bad it didn't work out for the guy.

Yeah, Dart is a fun unit because so much strength and speed when you train him, but I didn’t remember that his start was so incredibly rough, so I never used him except to recruit Geitz.

Barte I toyed with the idea of using in the early game (he got some good levels), enough to get him to level 10 but when deployment slots started getting super tight I dropped him. Guy I used quite a bit early game and he always kept intermittently popping up when a lot of units would die and I needed to round out a deployment slot. It was like an on and off relationship.

God Berserk staff are the worst...

I was relying on Renault to dodge because I thought the avoid formula for staves in this game had something to do with resistance or magic, but I might’ve been wrong. Either way, it had a 79% hit.

OMG, I can't believe you actually lost Athos in the end.

If I’d bothered to think ahead it would’ve easily been preventable but I knew no matter what I could win so I was just in that “last map nothing can stop me go go goooo” mindset.

I love that Bartre of all people survived to the end after all that raining blood. I would have to double check, but I think @Benice's classic FE7 ironman had even more casualties by the end of it.

Yeah, I remember that having quite the long list.

Don't worry about it, FE7 is a surprisingly brutal ironman, and having someone losing linked units for you is half the fun of a linked ironman like this 😛

Hey, if you guys are down for losing by doing absolutely nothing.

But this is all dependent on me finding something to play.