Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

These all sound fun...but how do they work in the gameplay?

Or is beeg damage always the best option

Oh no, far from it. Maps are very involved, with height levels, enviromental hazards, more in-depth terrain types, each enemy type has to be handled one way, each situation has characters that are better suited for it than others. The game is far from being so straightforward, believe me.

I generally don't enjoy griding battles in SRPGs - do i need them to catch up with the enemy? How's the gamplay/story ratio without them?

If grinding was necessary, I would not be recommending the game. Playing each mock battle once when it is unlocked, then going to the next story battle after exhausting the mock battles will keep you sufficiently leveled for the entire campaign. And don't be shy to retain your experience gains after a failure - once you're at the appropriate level for the map, your experience gains will be reduced to practically nothing, so there's no risk of accidentally grinding to godmode.

I always say

"Waifubandos make me interested, but don't make me stay"

So Benedict's choice is the wrong one here 😛

I'm the one who's wrong. Benedict would come up with something correct and war crimy, like invading Germany and forcing you to play the game at gunpoint. Or something.

I like half of FE's prep themes more. Most of the ones after FE8 that aren't Awakening's, really.

We disagree there, but I honestly don't like most FE prep themes. Most of them are just kind of dull. Peaked in Shadow Dragon in that regard.

29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

yes I did make the wild assumption that having been born and lived in Spain meant you had at least a family member there

I was trying to tie everyone under the same banner. But yours is a lot more major, so I’m sorry.

Yeah I'm like, lead Spain guy here. The protagonist of Spain.

29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Utility also we both know the game would’ve put Geela here

Cordelia definitely would've voted that way if she could vote

30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Because Benedict’s choice is always the wrong one, it’s actually a metaphor

I got Benedict’s ending the first time around

Benedict is always right. It's just a matter of whether or not you can resist the temptation to go with the fantasy fairy tale optimist route, ratehr than the one that wouldn't lead to your horrible death in real life.

30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And damn, curse the full OST not being uploaded in individual video form. There’s more I would like to share.

Can't believe you forgot the best song in the game.

The three main characters' personal battle themes are some of the best in the game, too. They're also awful to find online. Roland's doesn't even seem to have a dedicated upload, you gotta dig in the full OST uploads lol

• Replies 177.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The three main characters' personal battle themes are some of the best in the game, too. They're also awful to find online. Roland's doesn't even seem to have a dedicated upload, you gotta dig in the full OST uploads lol

Big peeve of mine to be honest. When you can only find remixes, or 1 minute versions, or 30 minute versions like, GIVE ME 3 MINUTE VERSIONS FROM THE GAME REE

Edited by Hanes

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

There's a sizable number of Zelda fans who think the Master Sword breaking at all is blasphemy. Part of it is them wanting a "permanent weapon", not realizing that permanent weapons fundamentally don't mesh with the game. Another part of it is "the strongest sword in the series shouldn't break", which is really funny because the Master Sword is not only not actually the strongest sword in the series but even in the games where it's shown up, sometimes, there were stronger weapons to begin with. In Ocarina of Time, you could get the Biggoron Sword, which was twice as powerful as the Master Sword.

The Master Sword is simply just really good at it's job (evil slayer). And in BotW, they tell you to only use it when it counts (bosses, Guardians), yet people use it on the random Bokoblin and then complain it breaks.

When did the durability stuff start in Zelda games? 🤔

I don’t remember seein it in any of the ones I played

Edited by Capt. Fargus
Spelling

1 minute ago, Capt. Fargus said:

When did the durability stuff start in Zelds games? 🤔

I don’t remember seein it in any of the ones I played

Technically speaking, Majora's Mask had the upgraded sword that could only be swung like 100 times before it reverted (or you rewound time).

But like, proper durability system, it has only been in Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom so far.

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah I'm like, lead Spain guy here. The protagonist of Spain.

One may even call you a Spaniard.

Benedict is always right. It's just a matter of whether or not you can resist the temptation to go with the fantasy fairy tale optimist route, ratehr than the one that wouldn't lead to your horrible death in real life.

But flooding the town was completely unnecessary

Can't believe you forgot the best song in the game.

That one’s good, but not like one of my favorites.

Yeah, Roland’s is the main one I was looking for.

I kinda feel like doing another Engage run, but I am a bit torn on whether I should finally get around to doing a maddening run, or try something a bit different and start up a thread asking for a Pick My Units run (with them also picking class and main Emblem).

https://imgur.com/a/qN86WPP

Damn it Imgur why don'T you allow video gif'ing anymore

1 hour ago, gnip said:

Madrid oder München, hauptsache Italien

I should've become a football player

1 hour ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

drinking should be a happy occasion!

just-one-drink.gif

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Would that be your first one?

Botw + it

My brother is more the Zelda guy

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Because Benedict’s choice is always the wrong one, it’s actually a metaphor

I got Benedict’s ending the first time around

Fighto Fighto

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

OST

ok. that 2nd track

that's something

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I think you’ll enjoy simping for Frederica the whole way through at least a little bi

You guys got me figured out huh?

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

but unlike Trails nowadays, this story is enjoyable!

How many games people told me it's like that, only for me to put on hold/drop them?

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

There’s even an old school trails level plot twist close to the end

ho

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Idk if this a thing you like but choices do matter here.

I like VNs for a reason :sip:

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Most of them are just kind of dull. Peaked in Shadow Dragon in that regard.

Yeah Shadow Dragon's is pretty good. I also like New Mystery's, RD's, SS's, Fates and Engage's. And 3 Copes'

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Benedict is always right. It's just a matter of whether or not you can resist the temptation to go with the fantasy fairy tale optimist route, ratehr than the one that wouldn't lead to your horrible death in real life

FIghto Fighto

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Botw + it

My brother is more the Zelda guy

I see

Well imo it’s better than BotW in like every way (I haven’t finished it)

ok. that 2nd track

that's something

In a good way..?

How many games people told me it's like that, only for me to put on hold/drop them?

Just Cold Steel?

ho

Indeed

I like VNs for a reason :sip:

unfortunately Frederica is the only romanceable character

And 3 Copes'

Wow forgot about that game

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

U0AYlhA.png

Biggest fear tbh

Cold Steel IV pre-final dungeon

Spoiler

In 1206... war was beginning. Once again I enjoyed the breakdown of the different battlefronts and who's fighting in each of them. Not to mention the montage of offscreen allies who are supporting Operation Shining Steel, even Zin and Anelace were there! Kevin was there too so I can't make a joke about Falcom forgetting him.

It's time to get over the mother of all barriers, so all of Class VII's allies must infiltrate their own dungeons to open the way. KeA can't fight, but she will destroy the enemies with cuteness. Making the dungeons replicas of the Salt Pale, a long running mystery, adds to the climactic feel. It's basically Phantasmagoria, except it doesn't immediately proceed the final boss this time.

It was a bold move to save nine new characters for the pre-final dungeon, but I enjoyed getting to use all these overpowered characters. Who expected to get to use Roselia, George, the Stahlritter, Zephyr, Victor, and Vita (Phantasmal Mirror aside)? Maybe some people, but I didn't.

The obligatory pre-final dungeon speech also doubles as a reminder as to who will be in the obligatory final dungeon boss rush. It saves me the effort of trying to figure it out on my own, at least. Besides Claire/Lechter, Cedric/Shirley, and probably Mariabell/Campanella, maybe Rufus and Black Alberich will be fought together since they're Osborne's right hand men. McBurn will probably be fought by himself, since he'll be using his full power this time.

Also I have reached Pikmin 4's final(?) area, Pikmin is now Chibi-Robo.

22 hours ago, Sooks said:

I did get the secret ending but it’s canon I think so it’s not much of a secret.

Secret ending, true ending, same thing.

22 hours ago, Sooks said:

Incidentally are you gonna go straight into Reverie after this?

Maybe, I enjoyed Katamari Damacy Reroll but I'm not sure when I'll get We Love Katamari Reroll+ Royal Reverie... wait, wrong one. As for the actual question, maybe.

22 hours ago, Armagon said:

If I had a nickel for every Nintendo game with flutes and an Ouroborous theme, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, it's just weird it's happened twice.

Are there flutes in Splatoon 3? Then it would be three nickels.

18 hours ago, Sooks said:

Ouroborous is in this game?

Heck yeah I can't wait for Bleublanc to steal the Master Sword.

41 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No, you fools! Don't you know what happened the last time someone added an U to a succesor!?

That just means The Wonderful 101 will somehow be included, I see nothing wrong here.

Edited by Lightchao42

1 hour ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Don’t say that so mournfully Shrimp-kun, drinking should be a happy occasion! Just look at me, I’m drunk as a skunk and as jolly as can be!

I’d be enjoying a couple cold ones right now if I didn’t hafta get up at 2:30 AM and go truckin on a Sunday

G’night all

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Just Cold Steel?

No. I wish. Every game people told me "It's like old good trails" i end up finding nothing alike and dropping XD

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Wow forgot about that game

as you should. It sucks.

17 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I kinda feel like doing another Engage run, but I am a bit torn on whether I should finally get around to doing a maddening run, or try something a bit different and start up a thread asking for a Pick My Units run (with them also picking class and main Emblem).

You go with Engage for the linked ironman, me with Fates Shadow Dragon? How does that sound?

23 minutes ago, Sooks said:

One may even call you a Spaniard.

My favorite moment of Spain 1 was when Ruben said "it's Spaining time" and Spained all over the French.

But flooding the town was completely unnecessary

See...

...Benedict is almost always right. But that one time he wasn't it was funny, you have to admit. That, and flooding the town actually does have one tangible effect: It saves you one battle. One major foe that you have to personally eliminate in every other path is dealt with entirely by the rushing waters. So Benedict's actually right. Benedict is always right, always!

Yeah, Roland’s is the main one I was looking for.

Roland's is really, really good. Though I'm partial to Frederica's. It's unique.

Heck @Shrimpy -Limited Edition- here, your waifu's theme.

Begin to like her.

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Fighto Fighto

I shall try my level best.

You guys got me figured out huh?

Well, if you want to inflict maximum suffering, there is one route I can think of that you might end up picking... But somehow I doubt it, you might end up joining the ranks of the "damn I can't believe Benedict was right at the end" club.

Yeah Shadow Dragon's is pretty good. I also like New Mystery's, RD's, SS's, Fates and Engage's.

I do like the intense one for Engage. Fates's I cannot remember, I cannot tell RD songs apart beyond Wheeling Corby and not Wheeling Corby, SS and NM are insanely dull to me.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

U0AYlhA.png

Biggest fear tbh

Believe me, I am no fan of theirs. The only other of their games that I've really enjoyed was Octopath Traveler, and after 2, I sincerely doubt I would enjoy it as much were I to play it today. They just struck gold with this one, in my humble opinion. I've still replayed the game three times and will go for a fourth when motivation strikes.

For 20 bucks, I'd say it's a complete steal.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Still partial to Temenos's hilarious transition theme that doesn't even suit the tone of half his story.

Spoiler

Which I completely called by the way. Funny how Crick was going to die immediately after the point where I stopped, in the exact manner in which I predicted it before I stopped. That was sure to lessen the impact a bit ngl...

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

No. I wish. Every game people told me "It's like old good trails" i end up finding nothing alike and dropping XD

Perhaps it's best to temper one's expectations. Trails is, or was, quite dear to your heart. Suffice to say, it's Goodâ„¢

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Benedict is always right, always!

you sound like a simp

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

your waifu's theme

quite a weird honestly. Not in a bad way, but weird? lol

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fates's I cannot remember,

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've still replayed the game three times and will go for a fourth when motivation strikes.

How long is each run so far?

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

you sound like a simp

You think I sound like a simp? I merely recognize brains when I see 'em. You should see some of the "who's the hottest character" threads that showed up. You'd think "obv Freddie sweep" but the one I keep seeing pop up in such places is actually Benedict. People really, really dig those war crimes.

quite a weird honestly. Not in a bad way, but weird? lol

I did say it's unique.

For comparison, here are Ben's and Roland's.

Funnily enough, I think Ben's is probably my least favorite, though it's good too.

Oh, right. Yeah... meh. Very average. I like the flute, but that's about it.

How long is each run so far?

40 hours sounds likely for a NG run.

You think I sound like a simp? I merely recognize brains when I see 'em. You should see some of the "who's the hottest character" threads that showed up. You'd think "obv Freddie sweep" but the one I keep seeing pop up in such places is actually Benedict. People really, really dig those war crimes

Tbf

War crimes are pretty hot

40 hours sounds likely for a NG run.

ho so not that long?

Castti’s story was sooooooo good

I don’t need Octopath Traveler 3, I need Castti Traveler 3

And what’s with all the videos of her OST just being spoiler scenes, I had to settle for this.

8 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Hide contents

In 1206... war was beginning.

I feel like I should remember this quote…

Secret ending, true ending, same thing.

Until the bad ending is secretly the true ending, making it a secret true ending. Or the actual canon ending isn’t even in the game and the only person who knows it is one Falcom employee, making it a secret true ending.

Heck yeah I can't wait for Bleublanc to steal the Master Sword.

Tfw you get to the master sword and only find one of those cards

Oh don’t get me wrong, it’s nothing like Trails. I mean the story is good but old Trails is just so, so, good that it still can’t compete.

as you should. It sucks.

True

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My favorite moment of Spain 1 was when Ruben said "it's Spaining time" and Spained all over the French.

But Spain 2 was better

...Benedict is almost always right. But that one time he wasn't it was funny, you have to admit.

>Benedict was almost always right

>but when he’s wrong, it’s funny

classic Benedict fan

That, and flooding the town actually does have one tangible effect: It saves you one battle. One major foe that you have to personally eliminate in every other path is dealt with entirely by the rushing waters. So Benedict's actually right. Benedict is always right, always!

how about you git gud and stomach facing 2 battles

Roland's is really, really good. Though I'm partial to Frederica's. It's unique.

Heck @Shrimpy -Limited Edition- here, your waifu's theme.

Begin to like her.

Honestly I would place Roland’s as my favorite by a little bit, but the other two are so good it’s hard to compare them with each other.

Well, if you want to inflict maximum suffering, there is one route I can think of that you might end up picking... But somehow I doubt it, you might end up joining the ranks of the "damn I can't believe Benedict was right at the end" club.

There’s no way anyone can stomach that on their first play through, at most he does a full war crimes run but chickens out at the very end because… it’s too much.

Anyway crazy how Benedict was right at the end.

Still partial to Temenos's hilarious transition theme that doesn't even suit the tone of half his story.

Hide contents

Which I completely called by the way. Funny how Crick was going to die immediately after the point where I stopped, in the exact manner in which I predicted it before I stopped. That was sure to lessen the impact a bit ngl...

Aw, you got spoiled. Hopefully you haven’t been spoiled on Castti’s story, if you ever return.

Perhaps it's best to temper one's expectations. Trails is, or was, quite dear to your heart. Suffice to say, it's Goodâ„¢

Yes Shrimpy, don’t expect Trails.

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Hmmm...I did just finish a regular Engage ironman, but what the heck, that sounds like a plan.

It will be extra exciting because i will be playing Fates shadow dragon mod blind

So unlike last time, expect lotsa deaths xD

@Newtype06 you still on board, right?

@Sooks how about you?

It took a while, but we might be ready to start sometime next week

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-