• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Didn't Elzam's beloved steed die a natural death some years ago?

-But who cares? It's SRW, and it's OG to boot, where Banpresto has its fullest license to go wild!😄 No reason at all they can't bring Trombe back. Only a support thingy doesn't really matter it's still cool although a subpilot for Aussenseiter that takes over via an Equus-adjusted DML System during Pferd Mode would've been ideal.

Now tug at Ratsel's (and Rai's and Leona's) soul and have his other beloved make an ephemeral appearance again.😛

Congrats on finishing AW2!

Well, DD has certainly dabbled into alt-scenarios of previous games already. Like that special stage where Gridman shows up in the Classicverse. So somewhere out there is a version of OGverse with Trombe still alive, perhaps. Or a version of Alphaverse with the same. Hahaha, fully following the steps of Fuunsaiki, eh?

I could see them doing it. Since for OGverse they do have their "flashback" stages. So one involving the Elpis Colony (that was its name, right?) might be possible...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Crazy to think that the trip to Spain is next week. Time really crept up on me like that. 

I'll be hoping all goes smoothly for you in your travels. Never have been overseas myself, despite all the stuff I would enjoy seeing.

36 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Congrats on finishing AW2!

Felt longer than expected, though still shorter than a lot of things I play.

I've played through this many years before, but I don't regret having done this again.😀

43 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So one involving the Elpis Colony (that was its name, right?) might be possible...

Alternatively, momentary passage into an alternate dimension where the Elpis Incident didn't happen/Cattleya lived. After all, the Shadow Mirror dimension had the entire colony die, so why not an alternative where the terrorist attack completely failed? Or maybe Elzam rushed in, saved his wife, destroyed the docking bay where the gas was located, but then himself perished somehow. The Ratsel disguise would be really useful there, to keep a pinch of distance from his parallel widow b/c they know they should not be together b/c they're not the same people as their dearly departed.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Alternatively, momentary passage into an alternate dimension where the Elpis Incident didn't happen/Cattleya lived. After all, the Shadow Mirror dimension had the entire colony die, so why not an alternative where the terrorist attack completely failed? Or maybe Elzam rushed in, saved his wife, destroyed the docking bay where the gas was located, but then himself perished somehow. The Ratsel disguise would be really useful there, to keep a pinch of distance from his parallel widow b/c they know they should not be together b/c they're not the same people as their dearly departed.

Hmm...

It gives me Dario and Riddel from Chrono Cross vibes, heh. Just saying, but if Lamia and Axel crossed worlds and stayed...

My father will have to shave his beard for an operation.

I do not know him without a beard.

What a terrible tragedy...

8 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

RFEE01_2023-09-28_16-14-47.png?ex=65176b13&is=65161993&hm=69c062b5261e54f570bc64663fc36dc731c344ba17d4ce71c7e1f909e3cae4a0&

Oh Reyson, you've pretty much contributed nothing to the plot so far but I love you so much I don't even care!

I can't blame you. More dancers really need to be like him.

RFEE01_2023-09-28_16-24-15.png?ex=65176b13&is=65161993&hm=6762d22213cb7006be59f900ad1182975f7f722edea972906008223c8365c7bf&

And better FE protagonist did not live...

...For sure.

RFEE01_2023-09-28_17-14-54.png?ex=65176b13&is=65161993&hm=40054d5f6e5976f217324a974147426376210a7cba56a95a5bdd709632b413b7&

Micaiah encounters another party with plot armor for the first time in her life.

And what a plot armor it is. The fans love him! Imagine if Ike had died in RD. There would've been an uproar.

...But I would've laughed even harder than when Elise got Siegfrieded, so... Meh.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm, I don't remember if I noticed back then, but as I was checking, it came to my notice that Engage splits the El tomes between the C and B ranks. Which is... weird. Since they could've just added another full tier. Heck, RD and Awakening did with the Arc tomes.

Yeah, I noticed that myself. It wasn't just the El tomes though, the wind family was consistently a tier higher than everything else. Despite the fact that it's horrible, and not good enough against fliers to make a difference.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

2023092822183500-s-1.jpg

It was fun.🙂

Beard/10

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Crazy to think that the trip to Spain is next week. Time really crept up on me like that

Please have fun and keep us updated of where you go, on the off chance that you go somewhere I can ambush you.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Maybe i can find a Carrefour Gaming and get some games for cheaper.

Do swing by the nearest Carrefour, yeah. Their selection isn't amazing, but what's there will almost always be cheaper.

Damn so part of the reason RTD came back to Doctor Who is because he noticed how there wasn't any clear successor after Chinball and felt like the show would likely go on indefinite hiatus if no one else stepped up. Perhaps not right away but he felt that the BBC wasn't managing the show well.

Until RTD came back, this is why The Power of The Doctor was written as the potential final episode of the series, what with all the returning characters and Doctors fron the classic era. Probably explains why The Master was killed on-screen too (he'll walk it off). The fact that it just happened to coincide with the BBC's 100th anniversary was just a bonus and the regeneration into the 14th Doctor and the unique return of David Tennant wasn't filmed until later (it was originally supposed to end with the 13th regenerating but we didn't get to see who Jodie passed the torch onto).

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'll be hoping all goes smoothly for you in your travels

I'll be taking lots of pictures to share.

I'm also probably bringing a bit less money than recommend, what with the fact that we ain't spending anything on hotels and foods will likely be a mix of restaurants with the family or just home cooked meals.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Don't forget to take the conversation rate into consideration

Dollars to Euros is like a very small difference.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Please have fun and keep us updated of where you go, on the off chance that you go somewhere I can ambush you.

Bold of you to assume I won't be the one doing the ambushing.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Do swing by the nearest Carrefour, yeah. Their selection isn't amazing, but what's there will almost always be cheaper.

How widespread are they? Are they Spain's GameStop?

Well, that's been the second voting for Feijoo's presidency. Compared to the expectation, that saw Feijoo losing by a margin of six votes, and the first vote, where he lost by a margin of six votes, on this second wind the result was a loss by a margin of... four votes. But then the guy who switched claimed he had made a mistake, which is understandable, it's a very complex process to sit up and say "yes" or "no" in response to the question "do you support this man's claim to the presidency of the nation?" Soooo in the end it was rectified and he lost by a margin of six votes.

Now we'll see if the left can pull off a coalition, or if we go to new elections on January. Also, Feijoo had claimed he'd resign if he lost. Let's see if this politician is a man of his word.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bold of you to assume I won't be the one doing the ambushing.

You would never recognize me.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

How widespread are they? Are they Spain's GameStop?

GameStop? They're Spain's Walmart lol. You'll find one in every city and mall. Once there, you'll have to look for the videogame section. Just follow the technology, it'll be there somewhere.

Spain's GameStop is Game. Game, the game store. We used to have GameStop, I remember the local mall's GameStop clerk gifted me his 3DS AR cards when my parents bought my second-hand 3DS that didn't come with them. But GameStop shut down operations in Spain years ago, so now we just have Game. The game store. It's where I bought the last Shadows of Valentia copy they had left sitting on some shelf in storage, making it one of three two FEs I legally own.

Dianne Feinstein died today. Age 90. Was still serving in office when she died of course. Remember just like a two months ago or something she legally passed on her legal decisions to her daughter.

Hopefully Newsom can appoint someone far younger.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But then the guy who switched claimed he had made a mistake, which is understandable, it's a very complex process to sit up and say "yes" or "no" in response to the question "do you support this man's claim to the presidency of the nation?

"Wait I thought we were voting for someone else" -this guy probably.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

GameStop? They're Spain's Walmart lol. You'll find one in every city and mall. Once there, you'll have to look for the videogame section. Just follow the technology, it'll be there somewhere

Ohhh. See, cause the name "Carrefour Gaming" implies that it's mainly just games  it'd be like if I said Walmart Gaming.

Unless the store is actually just called Carrefour and we've just added the Gaming to it.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"Wait I thought we were voting for someone else" -this guy probably.

In fairness, he was one of the last to vote. Perhaps he fell asleep.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ohhh. See, cause the name "Carrefour Gaming" implies that it's mainly just games  it'd be like if I said Walmart Gaming.

Unless the store is actually just called Carrefour and we've just added the Gaming to it.

Ahahahaha, no, no, Carrefour Gaming is not the official name of anything. Carrefour Gaming is just my moniker for the strat to buy games at Carrefour to get a discount. The place is just called Carrefour and has a few shelves with games in the middle of the tech section lol

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Dianne Feinstein died today. Age 90. Was still serving in office when she died of course. Remember just like a two months ago or something she legally passed on her legal decisions to her daughter.

Hopefully Newsom can appoint someone far younger.

Yeah, I'm not surprised.

I remember we talked about her and McConnel dying while in office... well, we're half-way there now.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In fairness, he was one of the last to vote. Perhaps he fell asleep.

British moment

LKJrxSYZWMEZPEM-1600x900-noPad.jpg?1572113595

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, I'm not surprised.

I remember we talked about her and McConnel dying while in office... well, we're half-way there now.

And now we can Feinstein to this meme

Fvi5qePXoAQtdMS.jpg

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Fvi5qePXoAQtdMS.jpg

Fun fact, I learned recently that Kissinger is canonically a templar in the Assassin's Creed universe apparently, which is fucking hilarious considering the bastard is still alive.

14 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, since I think you're already past the point (at least, for all that it matters), if you don't know already, then one peculiarity about this part of Part 3 is you can force some defections. Zihark and Jill can switch to the Mercs side,  if they get talked with the right people. Lethe and Mordecai for Zihark, Haar for Jill. A few other options exist if you transferred an A rank support from PoR. Brom and Ilyana for Zihark, and Mist for Jill. Outside Aran, I think these are the only cases of "talk to Red unit to recruit" the game has. You could've done this even in 3-6, with Zihark becoming an enemy mid-map (in this case you need to have him be the one starting the talk). But if you then defeat him, he actually dies. Apparently he still keeps the "vulnerable to permadeath" flag and the game doesn't add it when he defects during 3-6.

I kind of like the drama of them being on opposing sides (Not to mention the Dawn Brigand needs all the help it can get) but also I'd love to see that conversation.

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

I take it you don't want some tips then?

Tips would be nice, but part of the fun of Breath of the Wild was not knowing anything going into it, so I'm doing that here too.

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Talk about trauma trip...

*Wraith lifts his head off the fireplace mantle while turning his back on the inferno before him*
Trauma trip you say? I’ve suffer various trips of so called trauma, but only one, one, has truly burnt its way through my dead soul…

Edited by Sidereal Wraith