Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

o-NYFQXbSJ6hXdjs7-wKOA.png

This feels like a shitpost.

The last thing we needed was "Engage flopped" ammo tbh.

Like dawg fuck you mean Alfonse shot up that high when he wasn't even top 5 in previous rounds?

Like democracy in real life, the actually interesting niches get split between voters while the most generic candidates get the most total votes.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

RDT_20240128_223410954518310500515148.jp

42 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Like democracy in real life, the actually interesting niches get split between voters while the most generic candidates get the most total votes.

I mean Alfonse was a genuine surprise but Bernie was definitely a pity win.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

RDT_20240128_223410954518310500515148.jp

I mean Alfonse was a genuine surprise but Bernie was definitely a pity win.

If only Bernie got a pity win in 2016, you know what I'm saying?

Well now I'm curious on how many people voted total. Are there numbers for that?

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Well now I'm curious on how many people voted total. Are there numbers for that?

I don't think so. We only get the total number of votes, not how many people did, best I know.

Engage actually did get the most votes

They were just too split around

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Awesome. Guess now there truly will be no recourse but to beg for context whenever one of you posts a Twitter thread lol

Same here

I am not making an account on that page

With perfect comedic timing, shortly after that scene I learned a new link formation: Kamikaze link.

The teammates form up in front of Jack. Upon attacking, he literally launches them at the enemy and they explode, both inflicting and receiving damage.

Amazing. Jack "it sucks when people die" Russel turns his friends (game's wording, not mine) into bombs.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

56 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

don't think so. We only get the total number of votes, not how many people did, best I know.

We'll get the full rankings eventually so we can infer from there.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Radiata_Stories_SLUS-21262_2024012922032

Jack "named after a dog breed" Russel pearls of wisdom.

The person he was talking about wasn't even dead.

People die when they are killed: "finally, a worthy opponent. Our battle will be legendary".

Also I imagine this is a medieval fantasy world right? Why is bro wearing a suit and tie? What is he, a Time-Lord?

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also I imagine this is a medieval fantasy world right? Why is bro wearing a suit and tie? What is he, a Time-Lord?

Well, Fire Emblem Heroes exists.

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For what it's worth, EXP gains increase dramatically if your units are underleveled. Also, you can keep EXP gains if you lose the battle. So don't worry about that..

Dayum... I didn’t know that

I appreciate the heads up 👍

kamikaze.gif?ex=65ca9a16&is=65b82516&hm=

No seriously why is this something I can do in this game.

I'm turning toddlers into bombs.

Fucking incredible.

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

People die when they are killed: "finally, a worthy opponent. Our battle will be legendary".

The next mission I did after that saw Jack taking on a job from an unknown client that asked him to go to one of the city gates alone.

Predictably, it was an ambush. But not your typical fiction ambush that leads to meeting someone important or obtaining information from the attackers. I got absolutely nothing out of this. Jack's just an imbecile and fell for an obvious trap.

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Radiata_Stories_SLUS-21262_20240128202910.png?ex=65c922b1&is=65b6adb1&hm=fd49901f78986a8376088dac9dd557d3ebc33ff58c0a94605bfaa4c68d9a34c0&

Found this in a dungeon. The job was to find a fabled garb that was supposed to allow the wearer to work for 24 hours a day.

Oof...

24 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Dayum... I didn’t know that

I appreciate the heads up 👍

Any time!

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

btkwf72xjefc1.jpg

Fight cowards

21 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

aiz3ia2xjefc1.jpg

She speedran the lame romance arc.

Good on her.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Radiata_Stories_SLUS-21262_20240128202910.png?ex=65c922b1&is=65b6adb1&hm=fd49901f78986a8376088dac9dd557d3ebc33ff58c0a94605bfaa4c68d9a34c0&

Found this in a dungeon. The job was to find a fabled garb that was supposed to allow the wearer to work for 24 hours a day.

Oof..

Ah I see, this is after the apocalypse.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

bxjilzxbldfc1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=faa493d65

we definetly could've swept this if we were more focused

On a side note, I think Azura winning one of these is just inevitable at this point. Either she snipes a spot next year or just outright wins the following one.

As an Azura OG, I will be there.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Late stage capitalism destroyed the world, and now all that remains is the forgotten uniform of the capitalism army...

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

On a side note, I think Azura winning one of these is just inevitable at this point. Either she snipes a spot next year or just outright wins the following one.

Only gonna take her 10 years, but she'll eventually sail the ocean's grey waves.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Haha yeah I've seen it around.

This is very true, but you can tell it's fake because of the number of votes. In actuality, Derrick got 150,000 votes.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Engage actually did get the most votes

They were just too split around

Wait, i'm not an Engage fan member!

Spoiler

On 1/28/2024 at 6:59 AM, Armagon said:

You mean her cousin? Pretty sure Arthur or whoever is onboard without any convincing.

At any rate, Tine will still defect, but she just becomes a green unit.

When you first see Tine, she is a red unit leading a force of triangle attack mages to take down Seliph, she only becomes an ally if her brother talks her into it, and she is never a green unit. Arthur may be happy to join Seliph, but he also grew up in Silesia, which remembers Sigurd far better.

Still some Genealogy Spoilers in this here box.

On 1/28/2024 at 8:24 AM, Lightchao42 said:

HcHXo8i.jpg

Images that are satisfying. I finished Super Mario Galaxy when I was younger but I never got every star until now.

Now you just need to get all the stars as Luigi 😛 . It really was a fun version of new game +

On 1/28/2024 at 11:42 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

These are the clothes.

This game keeps getting better and better.

That is a cute way to hint at this standard fantasy setting being a future one instead. This game is going on a list of games I will get around to playing...

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

If only Bernie got a pity win in 2016, you know what I'm saying?

What a better world we would live in...

aiz3ia2xjefc1.jpg

A nun encouraging pre-marital kissing?! Wait till the Vatican hears about this...

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I'm also curious what percentage of voters have played a mainline Fire Emblem game, and if they have, which ones in particular they have played.

We need a voter census doc for this game.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Can it be 2000 instead and let Gore win?

Hell, lets go to 1981 and get Carter to win.

@Acacia Sgt

https://www.siliconera.com/gundam-seed-freedom-movie-grosses-over-1-billion-yen-in-japan/

New SEED movie be doing well it seems.

-And care to explain...

https://www.siliconera.com/these-gundam-emblem-acrylic-stands-can-glow-in-the-dark/

...why old man Ramba was deemed worthy of being one of these?

Also mecha related:

https://www.siliconera.com/voltes-v-shokugan-modeling-project-kit-is-available-now/

It's not the model that catches my attention here, it's that there was a live-action Voltes adaption. The design used for that looks uh, different.

btkwf72xjefc1.jpg

"Fight" aside, this is classic Dragon Quest, if you didn't know.😉

Same goes for the guy's outfit.

Should've included a resurrection option as in DQ, she'd uppercut the coffin so hard that its owner would be abruptly smacked out of their eternal slumber and sent flying through the air.

51 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That sounds promising.

-And care to explain...

https://www.siliconera.com/these-gundam-emblem-acrylic-stands-can-glow-in-the-dark/

...why old man Ramba was deemed worthy of being one of these?

GC might've not showed it much, but Ral is a big secondary character in the MSG anime. After Char, one of Amuro's toughest foes. Since THIS IS NO ZAKU, BOY, NO ZAKU. After Garma's death, Ral basically spends quite some time pursuing the White Base, and even got to board it.

He also has the distinction of being the Blue Giant to Char's Red Comet. He had his own blue painted Zaku I, thus leading to the blue Gouf. Ral would basically have custom blue mechs, basically. Well, in spin-off games when he gets to pilot more than just the Gouf.

Supplemental material, which would then be actually shown in The Origin, had his father be the one who rescued Char and Sayla, back when they were Casval and Artesia, from the Zabis shortly after Zeon Daikum's death.

If you recall, SRW A also had Ral still around with unfinished business with Amuro.

Also mecha related:

https://www.siliconera.com/voltes-v-shokugan-modeling-project-kit-is-available-now/

It's not the model that catches my attention here, it's that there was a live-action Voltes adaption. The design used for that looks uh, different.

Yep. A Filipino production, serving as further testament of how Voltes is way popular over there.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I just realized that Heroes has been around for seven years now and people still can't spell Alfonse's name right. It's like how most people think Fates's third route is called "Revelations".

22 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You're...

Well, I didn't mean that it wasn't sad or anything.

Spoiler

I'm guessing the writers wanted Jin to die at some point and thought "eh, better late than never" when 3 was made to be the last game. It probably would've happened more "naturally" if the series wasn't cut down.

It was still a pretty good scene though.

17 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...wait why can't I see the entire results list? I must see who lost.

They're releasing January 31st, don't ask why it's taking a few more days than usual. I too was looking forward to seeing who placed last.

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Even if I'd picked different villains lol. Not necessarily because I like others more (though that's also a factor) but design-wise the only one here that really stands out to me is the... helmet dude? I'm assuming he's from Heroes? Would've liked to see Ashera, Lyon or Idunn here. Still, I'm nitpicking the cool piece of art at that point. This is very good.

That's because all the characters in the art were drawn by Izuka in Heroes. FEH's anniversary pictures are frequently used to commemorate the respective artists' previous characters, so those three were left out because they were drawn by different artists.

The helmet dude is Surtr, the villain of Heroes's second book. He has a beard and likes committing atrocities because he can, so perhaps you would like him.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Now you just need to get all the stars as Luigi 😛 . It really was a fun version of new game +

It should be fun, getting to play the game again as a remixed character is something Mario should do more often (even if Super Mario 3D World technically also did it).