Teehee Madness 2 - Full 3DS Linked Ironman!

Shrimpica

Time to start!

Before i head on to daily winter chore, imma do something i wanted to do!

rVVlYOA.png

Don't let your memes be dreams!

Also

>Excels in Def

??

Pegasi? And if it means Subaki, he definetly doesn't excel in Spd lmao

GE8CLZW.png

dBeiSog.png

Just to get back at staves asap without early promoting!

Pls don't die, Sakura

OskOXCu.png

Time for Winter duty!

Even though it's sunny and reaching 20°C over here 😛

I am letting Hana sit this one out so i can train her liege by dancing with Azura and debuffing with Kaze, hopefully i don't regret this.

Mission: Feed Sakura blood filled Ice - start!

Spoiler

TeSJBVt.png

First enemy, first lvlup after letting Sakura fight him twice + once from Kaze.

Not bad, but i'd like some STR because Bolt Naginata is still a while away XD

fGXH0jJ.png

>Defence twice

Ok, maybe excels Def wasn't a meme after all? Also Armored healers when IS? And i don't mean Feh

oQ2YLMA.png

Kaze with the Muscle while debuffing peeps for Sakura

s8zUWEP.png

Corn with the amazing lvlup

0yhWgov.png

Skyura following Corn's lead 😮

W9UfQ8K.png

Jinx'd

btLRlb7.png

Myrmidon moment. Wait a sec...

More importantly, Poison Strike! Which will give the blood soaked ice Sakura is eating a slime-y taste!

...That sounds....well

Ni4fko7.png

I take that.

Ya know, Sakura saying "Sweet Dreams" when killing someone sounds kinda savage ngl

Z2AOZ6g.png

You can kinda see map progress behind the lvl up. And Tomebreaker time!

r3xEqYu.png

👀

BECi81R.png

I wish Skyzura could dance tbh

3wVS2Om.png

Feels like she's mocking the enemy with that smile tbh

YkXCjRc.png

8fl5st38ibr41.jpg?auto=webp&s=3d5afe21f5

PimZRCm.png

YOU SMELL LIKE A GOAT!

Now that Sakura's exp gain is miniscule, i will put some exp on Farmcher-chan and Luigi
259H3D2.png

J37w5Dq.png

1%crit momento

YXSWWts.png

quj7pvs.png

hF112im.png

We did our winter duty, time to grind some (w)exp off Zola

Hb5oocy.png

Only a little bit, Sakura

...a missclick almost caused me to kill Sakura phew. Thankfully i had Azura to dance her out...

UOxIEzb.png

Hmmm

LyyHy8j.png

blesssssed

I love how Zola's Nosferatu is just making me train up Sakura on him. Let's see if i can get to 20 since Hard mode doesn't limit exp, and the Javelin i got ensures i don't double or crit him. Absolute degeneracy XD

nTsI62P.png

And C Lances, too 😄

QLlBEcJ.png

Defence again? What are you, Subaki? XD

Also i think this is the most degenerate i ever played FE...2nd most degenerate, as i did similar stuff in Thracia as well lmao

Z1ngrWh.png

Felicia levels up from all the healing

4ifKhi5.png

Ü

RaKJkT8.png

We feed the kill to Kaze and Mozu

xxSsNfS.png

Nice

zyyJr7U.png

And Seize to finish the battle

GhaJnZD.png

Absolute fucking degeneracy. I have full playthroughs with less turn count than this XD

QjGSKrn.png

Result of Sakura's training Arc. Much more tanky than i expected (16 def wtf), but i also expected a bit more Str/Mag by now. 

Now i just need Bolt Naginata xD

Pls don't kill her off guys i put alot of work into her

Next up is...Ninjas ugh

Edited by Imperator Squilla

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

rVVlYOA.png

Don't let your memes be dreams!

Also

>Excels in Def

??

Pegasi? And if it means Subaki, he definetly doesn't excel in Spd lmao

Why is that likely a typo and meant Res?

The class has 0 Def growth and 20 Res, it's highest tied with Luk.

7 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Defence again? What are you, Subaki? XD

She has 30% Def Growth, so 15% less than him but higher than you'd expect.

Then again, I wouldn't know, I still remember Hinoka having more Def than him.

9 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Absolute fucking degeneracy. I have full playthroughs with less turn count than this XD

With Rev or FE in general?

Because I call bull on the former.

10 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

QjGSKrn.png

Result of Sakura's training Arc. Much more tanky than i expected (16 def wtf), but i also expected a bit more Str/Mag by now. 

What are the chances she's Mag screwed? She had a 50% growth and procced it 5 in 12 levels here, so only slightly. But, she also started on 8 at level 1, got to 10 by level 8 in a 60% growth and that.... woof, that looks bad.

So, 2 in 7 at 60% would be 2.2 points below average and 5 in 12 at 50% would be 1 below average. Sakura's a bit Mag screwed.

6 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

FE in general?

FE in general

Probably something like FE8 or smth.

7 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Sakura's a bit Mag screwed.

Well, I am thinking if giving her a few levels in Dark Mage (through S support Leo or Corn) for Heartseeker (and if i do it really late Bowbreaker), that should bump it up a bit.

Still, for the mid game that should suffice, especially with Bolt Naginata

It is fate that each version of Fates has us in Mokushu taking out Kotaro and his army of ninjas. Thankfully, the Kotaro we’re dealing with isn’t this one.:

A-fuuma.jpg

Birthright’s Battle of the Underhanded Peasants sure is the easiest. Shares a map with Rev, but the shadow warriors are at their weakest. No Poison Strike (at least on Hard, I forget Lunatic), no green units to worry about, no Master Ninjas barring the boss. The dodging doubling debuffing 1-2 range unit spam is still annoying even so. And so are the damaging and immobilizing punji traps that the game lets you remove, only for them to reopen so easily that it isn’t worth wasting an action to close them back up.

Thankfully, I have Azama! Apothecary’s use of Yumis isn’t ideal b/c ninjas can get into his melee blindspot, but this premodern pharmacist still has delicious WTA over them (even if the bonuses are minimal at D rank). With the Iron Yumi and a Strength Tonic, Azama can OHKO these locusts. And with WTA, a Def Tonic, and +1 Def from his C Subaki, Azama takes no damage from the 15 Atk ninjas and only the teeniest from the 18 Atk ninjas on Hard. BR’s AI isn’t as smart as CQ’s, so having too much Def isn’t a problem. The Diviners, Archers, and Spear Fighters could still deal a solid blow to him, they're the actual threats of this map for me.

Having an early good Yumi user is paying dividends here, as I largely rely on Takumi to show up and Azura gives him a chat. Speaking of, my longwinded gameplay thoughts on the glorious second prince Hoshido.:

Spoiler

Takumi = great start, ordinary finish.

• Takumi is extraordinarily unusual in that he is an FE Archer (not a Sniper, those have a better history of instant reliability) who starts pretty good.
  • Birthright Takumi -if chatted to with Azura- joins in the middle of Diet Ninja Hell, ready to OHKO with WTA and the Fujin Yumi. The next map he is is in is all fliers for enemies, fodder for his laser arrows.
  • Takumi's exclusive Fujin Yumi is 2 Mt weaker than Silver one (Silver for player phase-only units is fine as long as they aren’t used every turn), but it’s free of any debuff drawbacks and he can use it right away.
  • Unlike Setsuna, Quick Draw is already in his skill lineup, improving his start, and he has nearly twice the Str growth, if the teeniest below average at 35%.
  • Takumi’s flaws are that 50% HP on an Archer is unneeded, and 60% Skl is overkill for a Sniper once Certain Blow is learned. He would’ve been better optimally served dumping ten percent off both stats and throwing that into Str & Spd (-2 on his Spd cap too).
  • Endgame performance isn’t usually such a big deal however, and without grinding, Takumi is sublime in his job.
  • If you don’t mind ditching the bows for a moment, heading into his Spear Fighter Heart class does him well. Seal Defense can assure an ally will finish the foe in the next hit if he chips, while Basara’s Rend Heaven (which benefits from his high Skl) can make Seal Defense unnecessary.

With his OHKO damage and 100% accuracy (Azama was high 60s-low 80s, should’ve bought him another Skl Tonic), Takumi dealt a crit on his first hit. Starting off with a bang I see.💥

Corrin too proved near-invincible on this map, with the Dragonstone the weaker ninjas couldn’t hurt him even post-debuff. He wasn’t able to OHKO however, which was fine b/c it let others get the kill EXP.

Turn 1 had Azama move forward while everyone else stayed just out of the enemies ranges. Azama hit and whiffed, and on the next turn I recruited Takumi and started taking out some of the enemies south and coming east. Yet again, it got a little more haphazard and dangerous than I was expecting😅, Corrin taking the brunt of it, yet living.

Since the number of enemies that move towards you is fairly limited, and reinforcements few, after player phase turn 3, things were easy. Azama went south almost alone, Corrin baited some of the northern enemies, and Saizo ferried by Hinoka grabbed the Rescue chest while everyone else except Takumi, Felicia, and Azama dealt with the two reinforcements repeatedly coming out the central south in the form of a Diviner and Archer. Kotaro prior to debuffing Azama could not damage him, while the Azama managed to land two consecutive 40-something hits and 2RKO’ed Kotaro (I know, I should've used a sword or naginata instead on this boss).

Kaze and Corrin reached their A rank after the battle, giving him the plot armor he needs and allowing me to now sideline the green ninja henceforth. Felicia and Saizo are at A now and she's at level 11... I think I'll hold off on feeding her EXP as much as possible. Getting Replicate at 15 is very unlikely, but 16 seems viable, then Shurikenfaire at 18, and back to Maid for Tomebreaker. Chose to do the first Invasion battle afterwards b/c it seemed easy enough now, yet would still provide me with a little EXP.

Level-Ups:

Spoiler

Azama:

• HP/Str/Spd/Def
  • HP/Spd
  • HP/Str.
    • Azama looks to be 1.5 Skl below average, it's 10 at level 14, all levels spent in Apothecary, has 8 in Apo at base and a 50% growth. Not a terrible screwing, but Yumi accuracy leaves something to be desired without Archer regardless. Totally balanced out by everything positive about him though.

Sakura:

• HP/Mag/Skl
  • HP/Str/Skl/Spd/Lck/Def. This would have great, on anyone except a staffbot.

Hinoka:

• HP/Skl/Lck/Res
  • HP/Skl/Lck/Res. Twice in a row one of the worst possible 4-pointers you could get.

Oboro: Res.😑 

Takumi: HP/Str/Spd/Lck. Good start.

Felicia: HP/Skl/Spd/Lck/Def Remains great.

Orochi: Mag/Res

Silas: Skl/Def/Res

Azura: HP/Skl/Spd

Kaze: HP/Skl/Def/Res. Kinda good, but wasted on a character I'm not fielding anymore.

Corrin: HP/Lck/Def

Saizo: HP/Str/Mag/Skl/Lck/Res

Seems like a mostly lackluster set of rolls of the RNG for me this time.

Next fight... I think I'll splurge on the durability Tonics. Open deck ship, all enemy fliers, a few promoted, I might need the boosts.😄

2 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

GhaJnZD.png

Don't forget to put away the vacuum after sucking all the challenge out of the playthrough!

2 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

QjGSKrn.png

I like the perfect offenses. Overall balanced, ought to break a few things here or there.

I'll try not to let SakuBRa die in the next battle. Can't make any promises tho'.😜

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  • HP/Str/Skl/Spd/Lck/Def. This would have great, on anyone except a staffbot.

Skyura time?

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Rend Heaven (which benefits from his high Skl)

Yeah what i usually do with the Pineapple. Allows him to deal with Armors as well since they usually have monsterous strength.

17 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Skyura time?

I need to wait another two battles before the shop upgrade for another two Heart Seals I think. And even if I did...

• Azama has already given up the festal.
  • Felicia will soon be learning ninjutsu.
  • Corrin shall likely embrace the darkness and go Dark Knight or Paladin/Great Knight (via Silas, more likely for now b/c Friendship Seals are less in demand) after promotion instead of Hoshido Noble.
  • Orochi will go Dark Mage as soon as she gets the chance, so no to Onmyoji.

Letting the cherry blossom drift through the air prior to promotion would leave me without devoid of any healer until one of the following happens.:

• Felicia is done skillhopping.
  • Hinoka promotes. -If I don't make her a Spear Fighter beforehand.
  • I Capture a generic. I didn't have the Prison until right after the ninja battle.
  • Or, Izana joins. And I prefer to delay him if I don't need him right now.

Sakura will have to stay earthbound for now.

49 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Kotaro prior to debuffing Azama could not damage him, while the Azama managed to land two consecutive 40-something hits and 2RKO’ed Kotaro (I know, I should've used a sword or naginata instead on this boss).

Why?

51 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'll try not to let SakuBRa die in the next battle. Can't make any promises tho'.😜

Please do that, I'd like to keep Warp.

10 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Why?

BR Kotaro has a Dual Shuriken and Kodachi. My gut reaction of "use a Yumi" is the worst part of the WT you could pick against him, it runs completely contrary to how you'd usually dispatch ninjas.

10 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Please do that, I'd like to keep Warp.

Ah yes, Silque.

I was considering leaving Azura and Sakura below deck, better than them ending up six feet under. Nothing forces full deployment on me. I know I need to keep moving west steadily clipping wings else reinforcements hit a critical mass, and I forget how quickly they spawn and how quickly what exists moves out. Yet this is early Birthright, on Hard, on a spacious ship, with those turbulence DVs I can activate for some additional breathing room. I don't need to cheese with lowmanning.😤

58 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It is fate that each version of Fates has us in Mokushu taking out Kotaro and his army of ninjas. Thankfully, the Kotaro we’re dealing with isn’t this one.:

A-fuuma.jpg

Is that Koei's version of Kotaro?

3 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

QjGSKrn.png

That looks infinitely better than any Wyvern Elise I've seen. And I do mean ANY.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

That looks infinitely better than any Wyvern Elise I've seen. And I do mean ANY.

QRHBc31.png

This was just from my last run. I doubt Sakura will be even close to that, especially since Falcon doesn't have the same offensive potential as Malig.

Wyvern Sakura is one of the strongest units in Fates, and the main weakness, hit rates, can be fixed by supports and skills like heartseeker

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

BR Kotaro has a Dual Shuriken and Kodachi. My gut reaction of "use a Yumi" is the worst part of the WT you could pick against him, it runs completely contrary to how you'd usually dispatch ninjas.

I forgot the Dual Shuriken.

Yeah, Azama just decided he's hit anyway.

Is he C rank yet?

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Is that Koei's version of Kotaro?

Correct. Samurai Warriors's Kotaro Fuma.

samurai_warriors_4___kotaro_fuma_biograp

...Koei takes TOTAL creative license with Kotaro, other than making Uijyasu Hojo his sometime employer who he isn't at all devoted to, but never disloyal either.

Kotaro in SW was designed to be inhuman in appearance and abilities, with stretchy limbs adding to the unreality. He and Hanzo Hattori -the famed samurai-who-commanded-ninjas oft portrayed as a ninja himself in entertainment- are spun as complete opposites. Hanzo could be considered the "Ninja of Order" (not an actual title he uses), he unflinching in his loyalty to his master, who being Ieyasu Tokugawa, seeks to bring peace and stability to Japan. Kotaro is the "Ninja of Chaos", he loves war, he hates peace, strife is fun, tranquility is boring, let Sengoku ("Warring States") never end.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

Yeah, Azama just decided he's hit anyway.

Is he C rank yet?

Over halfway there. Azama's Spd can't quite handle a Steel Yumi, despite reasonable growth, it's at 14, unassisted doubling sans Steel is not always guaranteed just yet. This said, given his ability to OHKO fragile thing with just a Tonic -20 Str without boosts at 14/0 currently- maybe Azama could cinch more OHKOs with the +3 Mt of a Steel.

He is at B Subaki, he might hit A after the next chapter. Which leaves me with the quandary of what to do with Azama afterwards.

• Reclassing to Sky Knight would let me train Naginata rank, which would be great for the enemy phase.
    • But this comes with a pesky bow weakness, and I'm sacrificing HP/Str/Spd growth for Lck/Res. Kinshi is even worse than Sky/Falcon, 5% Str and 0% Def is a lot worse than 20/10.
    • Darting Blow is about the only good skill he could pick up in the short- & mid-term process. As Amaterasu is a pleasant skill practically nobody can get.
  • Then there is the fact Afrothecary hasn't started bonding with Oboro yet, the better Naginata class isn't going to be available for a while.
    • Yet, I also like having Azama as yumi user. His hefty shots are awesome. Going pure Naginata gets rid of this, and the Mt difference between the weapon types is 3 for Bronze/Iron/Steel/Silver.
    • However, Naginatas are better for the enemy phase. And the Mini Bow isn't a BP reward so I can't get one, the Sidelong Yumi is incredibly inaccurate and can't double.
  • My final Azama, provided that he lives the entire game...
    • Would finish in Merchant. It has unreliable skills, but it's got the two weapon types he likes, is grounded, and should have usable stats.
    • Ideal skills would be: Renewal, probably Darting Blow, very slim chance of Replicate *thought dawns on me*💡
      • ...maybe Kagero as a bride instead?🤔 Mechanist as the end class then b/c I would like to retain Yumi access. Any Naginata WEXP goes to waste, but consistent physical 1-2 range! Ninja lady would add Shurikenfaire.
        • Strictly speaking for durability, nothing beats the Guard Naginata, but I think Azama with 32 HP and 17 Def currently would not mind not getting the +5 Def/Res.
          • Although, since Shuriken could benefit from Rend Heaven, I've realized I might have been working on the wrong Friendship for this guy the entire time.😆
  • I guess this means there are three good brides for Azama then. Maximum firepower with Setsuna, maximum defense with Oboro, a balance (well, only endgame late b/c 20/15 requirement for Shurikenfaire, and Apothecary already gives Mechanist access) with Kagero.

I am really overthinking things. Using too much brainpower for such a trivial matter.🤣

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

QjGSKrn.png

Now I'm curious, is it actually possible to class change Sakura into a better Oni Savage than Rinkah?

7 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

QRHBc31.png

This was just from my last run. I doubt Sakura will be even close to that, especially since Falcon doesn't have the same offensive potential as Malig.

Wyvern Sakura is one of the strongest units in Fates, and the main weakness, hit rates, can be fixed by supports and skills like heartseeker

Malig Knight's offensive potential isn't that great, tbf. In general, hybrid classes sacrifice performance, and Malig Knight is no different. From a magical perspective, I'd be better off with any magical class, and physically, they're outclassed by many other classes as well. Of course, another reason my opinion of hybrid classes is so low is that very, VERY few units can make them work on a level I can appreciate. And far as I'm concerned, Elise is NOT one of those units. So Malig Knight has wings going for it... and not much else, frankly. And wings ain't enough of a redeeming feature for me to overlook everything wrong with it. It's about as self-lobotomizing as recruiting Jill into the Greil Mercenaries in RD, to be blunt.

Edited by Shadow Mir

3 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Now I'm curious, is it actually possible to class change Sakura into a better Oni Savage than Rinkah?

She doesn't get a friendship seal option that could pass it and the only partner that can give it to her is Corrin.

22 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Assuming you did wed to Corrin for Oni Savage access. Let us begin.:

Base Stats:

Level 4 Rinkah as an Oni Savage:

• HP 20 Str 8 Mag 2 Skl 6 Spd 8 Lck 5 Def 10 Res 3

Level 1 Sakura as an Oni Savage:

• HP 18 Str 9 Mag 4 Skl 2 Spd 7 Lck 5 Def 10 Res 3

Personal-Class Combined growths as an Oni Savage:

Rinkah:

• HP 40 Str 45 Mag 25 Skl 50 Spd 55 Lck 35 Def 65 Res 20

Sakura

• HP 65 Str 50 Mag 60 Skl 40 Spd 50 Lck 55 Def 50 Res 20

Stat takeaways from this:

• HP- Sakura will win out after a few levels. Albeit it is HP, so a few points aren't so big a deal as in other stats.
  • Str- Sakura will have a 2 Str lead at an equal level on average. However, if Rinkah's Fiery Blood can be kept consistently active, it will give Rinkah a 2 Str lead.
  • Mag- Sakura expectably steals the show.
  • Skl- Rinkah will have a 3 point lead and continue to slowly grow the gap, unless she hits her -2 Skl cap early. Sakura having a 2 base bites her.
  • Spd- Essentially tied. Rinkah's growth lead is supremely marginal.
  • Lck- Sakura wins.
  • Def- Rinkahs in the long run.
  • Res- Tied from beginning to end.

Promotion will change things.

• Sakura will most likely want to put her Mag to use and take up Oni Chieftain for another +4 Mag and Scroll access.
    • The Bolt Axe and Levin Sword are Nohrian items that cannot be bought in BR or found naturally (not DLC or BP rewards) on the route. Therefore, Blacksmith should only be considered on Revelation (which will also affect her bases), where you may want to consider the +7 Skl instead of the +4 Mag.
  • Rinkah can go either way regardless of route, since her Mag is too low to be of much use, even with Fiery Blood backing it. Though picking Blacksmith will provide 1 less Str and 3 less Def.

Let's go with... level 15/0 Oni Savage Birthright averages.:

Rinkah:

• HP 24.4 Str 12.95 Mag 4.75 Skl 11.5 Spd 14.05 Lck 8.85 Def 17.15 Res 5.2

Sakura:

• HP 27.1 Str 16 Mag 12.4 Skl 7.6 Spd 14 Lck 12.7 Def 17 Res 5.8

Now let's make both of them Oni Chieftains so their promotion bonuses are the same and go to 20/20 averages, for a maximum showing of their growth.:

Rinkah:

• HP 33.1 Str 26.75 Mag 15.7 Skl 23 (capped at 20/19) Spd 29.25 Lck 17.25 Def 35.75 Res 14.95

Sakura:

• HP 41.8 Str 31 Mag 30 (capped at 20/18) Skl 17.2 Spd 28 Lck 25 (capped at 20/19) Def 32 Res 15.55

13 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

4ifKhi5.png

Ü

Honestly, kinda amazed you could pull this off, as the Fates games are one of the few where an enemy can run out of chip exp to give, but I guess the power of paragon was shining through.

...Although I am going to have to apologize for this one, as I have kinda lost someone important on chapter 10...

Spoiler

AL9nZEXks-HaBKHL_fvtZaPnoaQ6YBw-zn2mBxI4AL9nZEV-x3jK6w4LhFt-dQmzbjsQ6iQp0WbliKWF

First thing first, I get Haitaka, and then I decide to do Invasion 1, which I have prepared my castle for

AL9nZEUzjpnRTqU77W8WSB1TYXXUkAMYSCooFTAu'

And Rusty gets this level, after having set up

AL9nZEUDsBzSQeDTfuAJ3BjzaMrE6styZdV-zqOj

Enough player phase power to wipe out the wyvern side

AL9nZEUqnbM9FLG4TO6JwFDal7KYQVuK6fad94YB

Although I have one living cav on the other side, so I use rally defense...kinda pointlessly, as the AI goes after building instead of people at the moment

AL9nZEUbAPS6xjpZlGbKsByfpipiOH9RPwhTnz_C

Strength cursed Effie gets this levelup finishing off the cav on their side

AL9nZEUkZecD3oZ6QwIqwxK_zFxvaHwO75Msa1q6

And Elise gets this using healing the piddling damage she took in return. The way I have my castle setup, the ones in the center have an easier time going towards one of my two armies, than passing through the terrain I have in the center, so before long the army on the right is fighting off those as well

AL9nZEWFAhk4_B5N-MlJwiFAOqz9Y10OcY5utMXE

And TeeHee gets this levelup enemy phase the one furthest ahead

AL9nZEXnx7LLKFsUadu_oI79KGCmbgIbNQ96TZNb

And Mozu breaks up the one in defense stance

AL9nZEVWRZFeXMjaaXtlF_4KPAqiMXXkJSwNs0tN

I kinda remember this map being harder, with reinforcements and things...

AL9nZEXtk2TyTksxGFLDmwDfxdN8SGSH23njGlal

I do also cook in preparation for chapter 10, with this kinda meh recipe

AL9nZEVYmRR6SSVQvoIDPzbMVlI-J0-r3-R1QqWqAL9nZEXd-gsZNHTDieGLkKo4opdyQpQaosjogmT9

And we get the buff on half the units I plan on deploying, which isn't that bad (too bad the corpse on the bottom is eating my food)

AL9nZEW3-BlOQsWkk9F3q5ZZ5gzMMXe7FkcZVEfb

Its kinda cute how the game pretends like chapter 10 is going to be a nice relaxing chapter.

AL9nZEU72hfdvjC-nReApmKcvNTHx3USf1x6aPsp

She can learn trample (eventually), so I guess the description kinda fits 😛

AL9nZEWNN4wqPg25B3OBGVUBlG0o_tJWRUotnEn5AL9nZEWUZbf04-iWHn5H7263zhD8gwE1JHNfTuSK

How prescient of TeeHee to predict what the story writers have planned for the map here.

AL9nZEUbmKUF8KT1RP72wxtM9zpeWMfs3-8O9b9G

I like how they emphasize that the choice she made in Conquest was to follow her heart, as it really does define the choice here. Returning to Garon is logically stupid, but joining sides with the siblings she grew to care about, and love over the strangers that claim to share blood with you is a choice of the heart.

AL9nZEVgBxvP1E0n8n7iWTe_vUrSvAqviJnKbktQ

Is that the Fates writing team trying to throw shade on the older on map support conversation system...

AL9nZEXPunfcQQKY2yfHMZFIvlqWOacHL1nvVdZ8

Although it is time for Takumi to take the stage

AL9nZEV-48I380rYZV7Rf5L0wUvhyXGQf-XcIU9H

And reprimand us for the choices we make

AL9nZEUvQQfhg-drBMHuTJtxxeqzo-6Ffsd5hLwe

And we even see the start of his legendary catch-phrase, BETRAYAL, in its infancy.

AL9nZEXgNKRQk20Iv2oLPBWMuSvla2qeIZkQz_HA
...Sigh, is this Nohrian territory, or part of the homeland? To use another Fire Emblem analogy to explain, is this the Western Isles, or Etruria proper. By far the thing Fates is worst at storywise is explaining where the boundaries of these nations are, which is very important to a story about war.

AL9nZEXbyhUAOpHClpJyj4lCYvo2YBZHjTHfzhhH

Yikes, that is a really racist take from Takumi there...no wonder the besotten Oboro is so racist again Nohrian too.

AL9nZEW6dhJGSLkE7H-XXue8GSEOsR7B2NYlfI9s

...I really should have taken this lesson to heart on this map.

AL9nZEVYPe5JIcP7wqgqwxmyidbUcVKvZL6dghwr

Here is our fabulous group of units we are deploying.

AL9nZEVVr1ZtNrfN9UxIVG6Ae_aCXiqEyR4NMcmN

And I am opening somewhat aggressively with TeeHee enemy phasing all the clubbers

AL9nZEUL6c6qW2LF3uejY-RjJ6umPc4m0Xs46Uqu

Mozu then levels nicely against

AL9nZEVhOdBplUdLmLR-jvsJUwO2cplPTDTTGJX9

The front she is mostly dealing with all on her own

AL9nZEXBc-aPspyUNV2fBtQrKxYSTLpGVyWIiYg5

What a nice levelup on Rusty during the cleanup process.

AL9nZEUw58Vtj9FI_Xll0hLifgQXKtTY1em2-sxX

I thought I was so clever here, setting up the Ninjas into an easy enemy phase death against Niles, but the all decided to break the wall instead...

AL9nZEV1uSkjmRIMjo4mJB9EtbeiSLXAHZlZ7Whb

Thanks for the arrival of the cavalry, but you really are the worst of the three (for this map at least....)

AL9nZEWfSgT7rFOg_olac61WZ6cM2-jsqKq-fI42

Sorry Severa, I just don't find you, or Awakening all that memorable...

AL9nZEXbn___f0WUNtXbdcgSUl243uEhrekFpu9t

Don't dogpile me, I did nothing wrong...yet...

AL9nZEXiWf4tMPo_CCkwh0jJu5lEmUv2zDdYli80

...of course she calls them naughty...

AL9nZEU0A6VaCVx2uYnmSgCWaZfvHhxfnlcG9-U7

Let that be a lesson to all of you out there, creepily stalking people from the shadows don't make them like you...or notice you...

AL9nZEX6xDMwnMWsDWKDT4SrQoOqNG12yiVgdVLy

Beruka is so judgemental.

AL9nZEVJQeqn2hIqLL6iYP80T720drRsk5qd7LlJ

I really can't stand her dialogue, as whoever wrote it clearly learned to do so from lazy pornos...

AL9nZEVb5OZqB4B1wHpOhYwXDU1SNXdupUR6OIAi

Ah yes that excuse for why she has to join us late...

AL9nZEUMmI7l_xhdYHpmpWeXlvGutFExhoxeBri2

Which is such a non-issue...

AL9nZEVLFPyVwDTS7kkWe2RmSyr3cieKlzjgJfXQ

..this is so embarrassing Effie. She does luck into the crit here, to convince me to wait on sending help to the front, but Silas is out damaging her against these.

AL9nZEUxiI3Pe7mXCmeWvpM0mVs_SnEmtisZYnE-

Her growths really aren't great for her role...

AL9nZEV7mXlLaaYo8ov5ytR26HbMopA8eeYsyAcs

I kinda regret this, as it let Camilla wipe out a whole conga line of enemies I could have probably handled with the rest of the crew (although she did end up popping two of the pegasi with a dance).

AL9nZEWaCfJ4-zU8-1HKQdV9FGUXF6_ir3P_hxUy

And it convinced Oboro to block off the village I was thinking about having Camilla visit next turn.

AL9nZEWGiBz9tJ5BrmfNfbJmxcP1322trvWy6Jph

On the other side of things, I am luring Hinata into giving an attack stance hit to his ally

AL9nZEXp4v7EeNj0jNqiQ8mcq7dVPDgNk69uZWnh

So I can cripple him with range

AL9nZEV7sWj2nPFn8f1Go2D8VebqInX3clyY0hsz

Before finishing him off up close

AL9nZEUErXjTDVhi8bRGZpmFXD_-rMYI8kGg_v00AL9nZEWuXVCn0LpReRw-BvdyVTMbZ7ncHdn-rGZB

Holy Anakos, Hinata is brutal to TeeHee

AL9nZEWKHQSRXcXqu555YFGloHxvdHo8-o5SEuHN

I guess he kinda does, although you usually need to be on someones side to begin with to betray them...

AL9nZEWt__xvMJ4_Uax4QUab9_6E3kUNLrGKUyPB

I've been defeated but I can't fall here...

AL9nZEUySnTntutsGzL-7nqpcvzp8lp8zGHAZIUT

Eh, for the quality of levelups we see in Fates this is kinda... meh.

AL9nZEWE9fDeOrd0bHydCbUP5-IT7ObHn8Uoo8O9

I am planning on having Camilla lure in and chip Oboro here, so I have a fair number of troops ready to finish her off

AL9nZEWqRqbHOCGxacLLmOBGnaA-BznhZEhTRA2V

On another front, while Effie is embarrassingly weak, she is tanky enough to pull these in...

AL9nZEWT0b5krBTYirMRA1n2WU2a2M_A9TqkSnUu

And Odin gets this tanky little levelup on enemy phase

AL9nZEXwaqW1aMaUCTt3nijCBKD1WiF_7b4PNwko

Alright, this maneuver here was really wasteful, and a mistake, but after Hinata's brutal roasting

AL9nZEUu_Vc4-S8j3KZqCnUt5bFIpbSEyVJCXIVw

I wanted to see Oboro's battle quote with TeeHee

AL9nZEUNPu0Hi0G0UP3_iG1UQlMoQdWKlo1P1J98AL9nZEW_yYthVrd9TVD9DCjbApJjIxYqKwpF5fka

And it is disappointingly cordial

AL9nZEXniV3LH9R5xal5u59A5Vz67XKH47Sc28XZAL9nZEXCcuaw9lpWHJerxmAD3p1bQYIZs5DMME2r

Despite her whole Nohrian scum issue.

AL9nZEVDh4q4rKksVGHQSeV7LXI_AtDBa4Yh07l1

...Look, I already the meme once this map.

AL9nZEVEV0_Qpy-LjO67rnFAotp1b2CkjkGfDhFP

And Niles manages to levelup while dealing with one of the pegasi

AL9nZEUmVT1BMyT9QEr5sTdS90Khny-pUds1DiR9

And Odin has to get Beruka to redeem her miss by triggering her own attack stance hit, but here is where things really go wrong

AL9nZEVWlasCofSJMK7KkhtQUe5umSv5vAE2h13K
As I simply had too much confidence that Camilla could always pop one of the pegasi. I guess it goes to show how little experience I with the "good units". If I hadn't saved Camilla's "kill" for the last action, with how confident I was in her being able to get the kill, there was a lot I could have done to prevent

AL9nZEW3pVK6MDbYuUR2EL3uN9qYSgY8YCZNDVuh

This tragedy here. What makes this more brutal is how clearly it was my own hubris which led to this downfall. If I hadn't been clowning around going for the more interesting battle convo on Oboro, it would have been easy to have Rusty get the kill with a handaxe+Camilla attack stance hit, which would have given me a spare action with Beruka to finish the Pegasi Camilla went after, with TeeHee accomplishing what Beruka did after being danced just fine, probably better, as I wouldn't have needed the dance at all. Heck after the defense rally, she only needed one defense, if I didn't have her pass off Selena for slightly higher accuracy on Niles attack stance hit on the other Pagasi she would have had that one point of defense she needed.

AL9nZEVV1LdSbAUYbkLvtqbYfGhPetZ5TPWwn-ph

Oddly enough Azura's murder lives another turn, as I had more dangerous threats to deal with on player phase with the main army. Overall, Mozu and Elise (over on the western side) are in way over their heads, but the other fronts are going relatively fine

AL9nZEUOBgir45SOIbq1x0PHnF56Pn1YzYo4MWI7

And Mozu does manage to level while trying to tread water

AL9nZEVKU-pX-KWAgLvT1rYmv6l6XGNZDig1qeDC

But I did need to freeze the paired ones to keep her safe

AL9nZEVPewdXDymuC12pmDtGAYFgGq4F9jI3clMf

Fortunately Odin can single handedly wipe this army out, as he needs to miss multiple 90s to keep from out-healing their damage, and even after having one of those misses, the shield gauge lets him laugh it off.

AL9nZEVZv08uIOGVEMdEpfazZZYzsYJL9iBIXj26

Beruka finally gets Lunge, and a nice little levelup as well.

AL9nZEXbZjeqe8xYKRx8uHKVHpvBq6P6GjMtnzuW

Although I am pulling in as the map reaches its conclusion

AL9nZEW6LthVkscsp5zeuoCGyH0FypgN8lIyycoU

I even manage to just barely get an image of my whole army on one screen here, although the group of Pegasi coming in now aren't aggressive, only going for the goal, so there isn't all that much combat going on here

AL9nZEXIfVobvraN7CGe1B9mbD4wdrIY-M84dX4p

Althouh Odin does get a well deserved level from his slaughter of the clubbers

AL9nZEWM67GyW-SLt43q0-mMNLp2Y4i8vRvTFykW

Rusty and Mozu even have to body block the lose condition on the next turn, although I have enough fire power to finish the flier next turn, and after that I can just pull back a little for the win

AL9nZEXNdqY47myrMe0RrlsTly9DCDnrt_qK5p4m

Don't be tempting me to make you maligknight now Rusty...

AL9nZEWmFvzmGUJJmOIiYVFOJO41Qwbv2DvRUQg3

And Elise gets a last turn skill levelup...

AL9nZEXOmRic1giYh1JJHcQXQWjemVwjN5qyoLuw

And like that, the map is done.

AL9nZEXXi5myK0pAEjoSZT7Pf0fxjVxCtc6nmjf3

Really emphasizing that they are only Injured huh

AL9nZEXrCmaa7DDGgvNY53AGqnvk1DFVGRLcpuW_

...I mean you just said we only injured them, do you not believe your eyes Takumi?

AL9nZEUms3b4XM3crpXYyrE2SXO6-SQ_e5lwxt5X

Good luck logicing Takumi away from his racism, that rarely actually work, as racism isn't about logic.

AL9nZEUU1xEtH9hC2r2p035yW4bzAsuM7ffISyc1

To be fair the whole "we didn't kill anyone" shtick does defy belief enough that I can understand the knee jerk of believing someone/something is a liar...

AL9nZEV6BxA3ERQA7nRBvcWhrhXdlha-XZopdmTU

...I don't know about that one, he has said enough to indicate that he is a bit racist against Nohrians

AL9nZEUm3DpVUyTewqZhFsOUqfJErcro--Fle_8R

And not all of his anger (I would even say most of his anger here) is directed at others here, not just you. Although again, I admire that strong sense of personal responsibility TeeHee has.

AL9nZEVhgl2hIgGea2JEpJSF9jDKkbOG2dpgi_p4

And then Takumi starts having a Revenge spasm

AL9nZEXaXkH3hcN73hGjmVHh7HNtPIc0aRBnj6-C

And starts really talking like the villain he becomes

I am so sorry about this one.

22 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Honestly, kinda amazed you could pull this off, as the Fates games are one of the few where an enemy can run out of chip exp to give, but I guess the power of paragon was shining through.

That limit afaik is only on Lunatic, where it lessens exp each time by a bit and after 10 or so battles with the same enemy you get no exp. Wexp is 5 points per enemy iirc.

This Effie is super cursed. Effie usually one shots everything with dual attack on this map

As I simply had too much confidence that Camilla could always pop one of the pegasi. I guess it goes to show how little experience I with the "good units". If I hadn't saved Camilla's "kill" for the last action, with how confident I was in her being able to get the kill, there was a lot I could have done to prevent

I think it's the debuff at the work here. Iirc Camilla has exactly enough Atk to one shot the pegasi...without the debuff

Ripppppp

aQlZ4zg.jpg

Well, since Azura is connected with Key units in the other games, here's how we will do this:

For Fates, Azura rip. That's me and @Interdimensional Observer being dancer-less

For @Punished Dayni and @Edelguardiansing that means using Robin and Celica as sparse as possible, since you can not not deploy them. For example, unless really needed, don't build your strategies around them and have them not fight/kill bosses.

AL9nZEWmFvzmGUJJmOIiYVFOJO41Qwbv2DvRUQg3

Blesslise

Edited by Imperator Squilla

@Eltosian Kadath

Spoiler
3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AL9nZEUErXjTDVhi8bRGZpmFXD_-rMYI8kGg_v00AL9nZEWuXVCn0LpReRw-BvdyVTMbZ7ncHdn-rGZB

Holy Anakos, Hinata is brutal to TeeHee

Haitaka believes in ANAB

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

This tragedy here. What makes this more brutal is how clearly it was my own hubris which led to this downfall. If I hadn't been clowning around going for the more interesting battle convo on Oboro, it would have been easy to have Rusty get the kill with a handaxe+Camilla attack stance hit, which would have given me a spare action with Beruka to finish the Pegasi Camilla went after, with TeeHee accomplishing what Beruka did after being danced just fine, probably better, as I wouldn't have needed the dance at all. Heck after the defense rally, she only needed one defense, if I didn't have her pass off Selena for slightly higher accuracy on Niles attack stance hit on the other Pagasi she would have had that one point of defense she needed.

OH FUCK.

The other routes lose Azura, which sucks, that's Robin gone and all that entails....

Oh gods no.

The fuck do I do in response to this? She's on every map, she can be targeted by witches, oh jeez.

2 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

For @Punished Dayni and @Edelguardiansing that means using Robin and Celica as sparse as possible, since you can not not deploy them. For example, unless really needed, don't build your strategies around them and have them not fight/kill bosses.

I think for most maps Robin doesn't have to be deployed, even on the last map.

Losing Celica though...... Fuck that's rough.

5 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

I think it's the debuff at the work here. Iirc Camilla has exactly enough Atk to one shot the pegasi...without the debuff

It is definitely the debuff, and she overkills them without it by 4, but debuffs are simply better than buffs as I had it in my head they both were 4, and thought I was fine.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

This tragedy here.

The brutality of Conquest begins. I pity your loss.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

If I hadn't been clowning around going for the more interesting battle convo on Oboro, it would have been easy to have Rusty get the kill with a handaxe+Camilla attack stance hit, which would have given me a spare action with Beruka to finish the Pegasi Camilla went after, with TeeHee accomplishing what Beruka did after being danced just fine, probably better, as I wouldn't have needed the dance at all. Heck after the defense rally, she only needed one defense, if I didn't have her pass off Selena for slightly higher accuracy on Niles attack stance hit on the other Pagasi she would have had that one point of defense she needed.

Unnecessary messing about and risk-taking on the most anti-risk type of playthrough, I think that's relatable.🙂

1 hour ago, Imperator Squilla said:

For Fates, Azura rip. That's me and @Interdimensional Observer being dancer-less

Not a huge deal. Sure, Azura is irreplaceable in function, and she doesn't fight over the limited pool of available EXP. Yet BR doesn't demand her, and my primary loss is a little bit of extra movement, or kill feeding, or two heals. I can bear with it. I think this might place some extra emphasis on enemy-phasing for me, since Azura helps solely on the player phase.

Should I go support grind for Shigure now before Edelguardiansing advances?

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

Losing Celica though...... Fuck that's rough.

Linking her to someone whose death doesn't cause a GO I thought a little cruel. I get why she'd be linked to Azura, but I think we all knew the chances of an Azura death would be high.

Without Ragnarok, your chances of the second Dracoshield have gone majorly down. Though if you have access to Pitchforks as I think you implied before, Valbar the ILDF (Individual Liking Dread Fighter)? Those could be your best option for surviving to the very end.

18 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Assuming you did wed to Corrin for Oni Savage access. Let us begin.:

Base Stats:

Level 4 Rinkah as an Oni Savage:

• HP 20 Str 8 Mag 2 Skl 6 Spd 8 Lck 5 Def 10 Res 3

Level 1 Sakura as an Oni Savage:

• HP 18 Str 9 Mag 4 Skl 2 Spd 7 Lck 5 Def 10 Res 3

Personal-Class Combined growths as an Oni Savage:

Rinkah:

• HP 40 Str 45 Mag 25 Skl 50 Spd 55 Lck 35 Def 65 Res 20

Sakura

• HP 65 Str 50 Mag 60 Skl 40 Spd 50 Lck 55 Def 50 Res 20

Stat takeaways from this:

• HP- Sakura will win out after a few levels. Albeit it is HP, so a few points aren't so big a deal as in other stats.
  • Str- Sakura will have a 2 Str lead at an equal level on average. However, if Rinkah's Fiery Blood can be kept consistently active, it will give Rinkah a 2 Str lead.
  • Mag- Sakura expectably steals the show.
  • Skl- Rinkah will have a 3 point lead and continue to slowly grow the gap, unless she hits her -2 Skl cap early. Sakura having a 2 base bites her.
  • Spd- Essentially tied. Rinkah's growth lead is supremely marginal.
  • Lck- Sakura wins.
  • Def- Rinkahs in the long run.
  • Res- Tied from beginning to end.

Promotion will change things.

• Sakura will most likely want to put her Mag to use and take up Oni Chieftain for another +4 Mag and Scroll access.
    • The Bolt Axe and Levin Sword are Nohrian items that cannot be bought in BR or found naturally (not DLC or BP rewards) on the route. Therefore, Blacksmith should only be considered on Revelation (which will also affect her bases), where you may want to consider the +7 Skl instead of the +4 Mag.
  • Rinkah can go either way regardless of route, since her Mag is too low to be of much use, even with Fiery Blood backing it. Though picking Blacksmith will provide 1 less Str and 3 less Def.

Let's go with... level 15/0 Oni Savage Birthright averages.:

Rinkah:

• HP 24.4 Str 12.95 Mag 4.75 Skl 11.5 Spd 14.05 Lck 8.85 Def 17.15 Res 5.2

Sakura:

• HP 27.1 Str 16 Mag 12.4 Skl 7.6 Spd 14 Lck 12.7 Def 17 Res 5.8

Now let's make both of them Oni Chieftains so their promotion bonuses are the same and go to 20/20 averages, for a maximum showing of their growth.:

Rinkah:

• HP 33.1 Str 26.75 Mag 15.7 Skl 23 (capped at 20/19) Spd 29.25 Lck 17.25 Def 35.75 Res 14.95

Sakura:

• HP 41.8 Str 31 Mag 30 (capped at 20/18) Skl 17.2 Spd 28 Lck 25 (capped at 20/19) Def 32 Res 15.55

I know Rinkah is an embarrassment, but this is just humiliating.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

..this is so embarrassing Effie. She does luck into the crit here, to convince me to wait on sending help to the front, but Silas is out damaging her against these.

Did she channel Wii Fit Trainer when critting?

AL9nZEVEV0_Qpy-LjO67rnFAotp1b2CkjkGfDhFP

And Niles manages to levelup while dealing with one of the pegasi

With a disappointing level up as per usual.

Stuff like this is why I get an Iron Axe for her beforehand.

This tragedy here. What makes this more brutal is how clearly it was my own hubris which led to this downfall.

I need to call in Mario for this one...

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Should I go support grind for Shigure now before Edelguardiansing advances?

Your choice. I decided not to, too much of a pain just for Shigure early on XD

I might however get another child with Azura as the parent. Should be allowed aslong as we do it before we start ch.11