New Heroes: Rearmed Ganglot & More

Fire Emblem Fan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiki feels like a waste of an Ascended, but Hardin and Nyna are excellent picks, and Elice and Matthis are solid as well. I'll plan to prioritize Ganglot > Hardin > Tiki for the spark. Tiki seems built to use the DC seal, and that's really all there is to say about her.

I wonder if the OC next month will be a Rearmed Hero as well, rather than a Mythic. Most likely either Fates or Radiant Dawn, but the sequence has proved confusing enough that who knows.

Whyyyyy did they have to make Nyna and Elice staff demotes? Like, seriously they're relevant enough to have been 5-stars with proper staves and being demoted just means they're very unlikely to get a prf weapon anytime soon, maybe ever. Plus, instead of making Elice a demote they really could've just saved her for a future banner and put some less popular male character in her place.

Also, with the Rearmed and Ascended Heroes existing is there really a reason to prioritize the female characters over male ones since you're getting your female banner sellers in anyway? I fucking hate how having a Rearmed AND Ascended Hero is now a running trend.

Oh cool, Archanea with another alt that Y!Tiki didn't need instead of Fates. And even though they finally got to Nyna and Elice, they're both Prf-less staff demotes instead of at least of one of them being a premium unit. Oh, and a nice (almost certainly) shitty Prf-less lance cav GHB on top of all of this? You really spoil me on my birthday month, IS.

Then again, I suppose this banner never mattered anyways since it decided it wanted to drop on the same day as Pokemon Scarlet / Violet.

No. Not Elice as the free trash unit T.T She was meant to be a broken staffer using Aum to do...something.

Kind of wanted Hardin to be a sword cavalier rather than a lance cavalier due to the silver sword you're tasked with giving him (which ironically he can't use in Shadow Dragon), but that is like my smallest dissatisfaction with a choice in Heroes to date.

Is Nyna also underwhelming? It's a bit disappointing she doesn't come with a prf, but it is nice to see more inheritable weapons and honestly a guard staff does seem like it would have it's uses. Still, there are less important characters than Nyna that such a weapon could have been foisted upon.

I'm a big Tiki fan, but I find this ascended unit uncalled for. There are a lot of better choices than Tiki in Archanea. And if they are going to use Tiki, I'd' rather they make use of the fact that she can take on forms other than the Divine Dragon. Why not show us Wyvern or Mage dragon Tiki?

Quick Riposte 4 seems very useful for slow infantry. I might foregoe the axe to try and put that on my B!ke.

Edited by Jotari

What I like here is that despite the concerns over her weapon not having the auto follow-up, Ganglot has a complete kit not just for her own use, but in terms of convenient inheritance. I definitely didn't feel that way about Lif and Grima, who I felt I would need to feed some premium fodder first before passing their weapons on. Ganglot, just pass the weapon, DC, DS and QR4, done.

(Needing to pay Subaki 20k feathers still sucks though, I still have never done it)

EDIT: Forgot to talk about the rest of the banner. Actually, on second thought, there's nothing to talk about, I'm not interested in these units. I see Nyna there and she looks okay as my potential first ever +10 healer, but if anything, I'd build Elice instead. Three years later when I have the requisite copies, no doubt.

Edited by Humanoid

Quick Riposte goes from a mere guaranteed follow-up attack when above 70% HP (or 80% if you settle for the more easily available QR2) to damage reduction on the first attack and the guaranteed follow-up when above 25% HP.
Funny thing is that despite having 4 premium skills, all of the skill prereqs are pretty simple to meet (Silver Axe, Distant Counter, QR3, and Distant Guard) if a little harder to acquire than other skills, so it'd be totally possible to get all of Ganglot's skills in one go. Anyway...

• The REAL Hardin's Super-Hone Cav looks pretty nifty.
  • Say what you will about Nyna being the demote, she does bring an amazing support staff along with her. Def/Res +2 and Guard being granted to nearby allies is a great boon to defensive units, and the effect is no longer locked to Tannenbaton or Keaton's refined weapon.
  • Ascended Tiki... uh... well this is awkward... can't say I care anymore after hoping to get a break from her for once with Adult Tiki's Brave alt...
  • Matthis isn't likely to be that impressive a unit...

Man... Ascended Heroes just aren't impressive anymore. At this point they literally only exist to give YET ANOTHER ALT to whoever they feel like giving one to. Guess I'll just focus on getting Arcane Downfall with what orbs I can...

Edited by Xenomata

In terms of unit choice, it's nice to get more of the major characters out of the way as regular Hardin, Nyna, and Elice were big absences in Heroes like Medeus earlier this year. Putting them in almost (missing only Jiol I believe, but he's not on CYL for some reason) rounds out the entire main cast from the game. In terms of treatment... Eh, Hardin looks good, but Nyna and Elice being staff demotes with no other notable features is underwhelming. 

Also, can we please have QR3 in the 4 star pool now? If you're going to sell us the upgraded version, at least make the outdated one easier to access.

Edited by Medeus

7 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Is Nyna also underwhelming? It's a bit disappointing she doesn't come with a prf, but it is nice to see more inheritable weapons and honestly a guard staff does seem like it would have it's uses. Still, there are less important characters than Nyna that such a weapon could have been foisted upon.

It's equivalent to Winter Sephiran's weapon, but this will make it a lot more available.

10 minutes ago, Jotari said:

No. Not Elice as the free trash unit T.T She was meant to be a broken staffer using Aum to do...something.

Lmao, Elice isn't even free. She's just another immediate injection into the 3*-4* pool like Ricken so you have to spend orbs (without her being a focus unit) or get lucky with a free pull to get her.

Edited by Tybrosion

10 minutes ago, Medeus said:

In terms of unit choice, it's nice to get more of the major characters out of the way as regular Hardin, Nyna, and Elice were big absences in Heroes like Medeus earlier this year. Putting them in almost (missing only Jiol I believe, but he's not on CYL for some reason) rounds out the entire main cast from the game.

In terms of treatment... Eh, Hardin looks good, but Nyna and Elice being staff demotes with no other notable features is underwhelming. 

Well we're still, unsurprisingly, missing Malledus from the main cast...whom coming to think about it would have been a much better character to come with that new staff than Nyna.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Lmao, Elice isn't even free. She's just another immediate injection into the 3*-4* pool like Ricken so you have to spend orbs (without her being a focus unit) or get lucky with a free pull to get her.

I don't see much distinction between units auto added to barracks automatically, tempest trial units, GHB units and 3*-4* units. They are, with few exceptions, just disappointments that I will accumulate without intending to. Still, for Nyna at least the staff is nice. But Elice. My, my Elice, how painful. This was not what I was expecting for her. Couldn't they have just dumped Mariysha or Yulia for that spot instead? Why did it have to be the master of Aum? Elice is actually a character with the lore, presence, design and weapon to make her a banner seller. Nyna too. I'm happy that Hardin, Nyna and Elice (as a non alt) are finally in the game, but, and it's strange to say this for Heroes, the girls deserved better.

Edited by Jotari

19 minutes ago, Jotari said:

But Elice. My, my Elice, how painful. This was not what I was expecting for her. Couldn't they have just dumped Mariysha or Yulia for that spot instead? Why did it have to be the master of Aum? Elice is actually a character with the lore, presence, design and weapon to make her a banner seller. Nyna too. I'm happy that Hardin, Nyna and Elice (as a non alt) are finally in the game, but, and it's strange to say this for Heroes, the girls deserved better.

I'd say I have no clue why she doesn't have Aum either, but I do. It's because, with Ascended + Rearmed now becoming the norm, there's only one other premium unit slot per banner and they chose to give that slot to Hardin.

That said, no Aum for Elice is still bullshit since they did give F!Shez (a demote who was a quest reward) a Prf weapon.

Don’t have much to say aside from what everyone have already said. Y!Tiki alt, Ganglöt as the rearmed as expected (with no follow up on her weapon, though), and the girls as demotes (weird to say that).

One of them should have had a prf, or both even. Hoping they’ll be fast so they can at least be viable merge projects.

Well... at least now no character is stuck in the awkward position of being in the game only as a backpack? But even after Hardin there are multiple characters stuck in the awkward position of only being in the game in their fallen form: Orson, Ashnard and Muarim. I would pay gold to see a version of Orson from before the events of Sacred Stones...

Also WTF IS?! TWO characters as important as Nyna and Elice stuck as prfless healers is... not great. I can only hope we get an Arcane Staff soon.

Matthis should have been the 3*-4* unit. That way he could even be part of Forging Bonds.

Ascended Tiki is disappointing. I guess Celica really paved the way for the future.

Ganglot is the best thing about this banner, honestly.

15 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I'd say I have no clue why she doesn't have Aum either, but I do. It's because, with Ascended + Rearmed now becoming the norm, there's only one other premium unit slot per banner and they chose to give that slot to Hardin.

That said, no Aum for Elice is still bullshit since they did give F!Shez (a demote who was a quest reward) a Prf weapon.

Yeah, but it's not like they were contractually obligated to put Elice on this specific banner. Archanea has no shortage of minor fodder units. Elice (and Nyna) easily could have been saved as the premium units for future banners. There's still a lot of Archanea units not in the game, but not really a whole lot of actual popular and powerful ones (assuming Gotoh would be a mythic and not a regular banner unit).

Guess we'll just have to wait four or five years until current units get weapon refines to see Aum. Unless they do randomly give it to another princess. Or they're planning a legendary version of Elice soon. That would acutally make a lot of sense as their legendary cnadidtates are also running low. Fodder Elice now and have her and Nyna as legends later.

Edited by Jotari

I don't really care for any of the characters on this banner. I'll probably end up just pulling for the spark on this banner and saving my orbs for the next Legendary Hero.

Ganglot is pretty cool, but it's a bit disappointing she doesn't come with an exclusive passive skill. Even if she's the first unit that can be used to duplicate the new fancy infantry Special skills, her Spd doesn't seem to be good enough to use them herself.

I'm also a bit annoyed at her coming with Distant Stance since that's already the easiest Distant Counter+ skill that I have access to (since it comes from Legendary Fae).

The fact that she doesn't come with "Domain of Death" perhaps means we'll be getting a new unit in the next Tempest Trials. Ascended Hel? Or Hel will just remain godless.

Ascended Tiki feels like a waste of an Ascended alt, though it's not like there are many ways to actually add more dragons into the game other than alts, so it's not a complete waste. I would've preferred to see Jeorge, though, especially as another source of Deadeye. Her skill set is pretty good, but it does feel really weird to have her focused on stacking so much Res when the only effect she has that uses it is the start-of-combat Special drain.

Also, you'd think they'd have added a new dragon-usable 500-SP Special by now, but we're still stuck using either Aether or Blue Flame.

Hardin is pretty cool. Guaranteed follow-up to all cavalry units that start the turn within 3 spaces of him is an absolute savior for all of the slow cavalry units out there that wish they had player-phase presence. It will also make Harmonized Lysithea and Summer Micaiah terrifying to go up against since it now gives Lysithea a means of breaking follow-up prevention and Micaiah a means to quad.

Nyna has Tannenbaton as a 4-star unit. That's neat.

Elice doesn't have Aum. That's not neat. But maybe they're saving it for a Legendary Elice since Akaneia doesn't have any remaining obvious picks for Legendary Heroes anymore.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ganglot is pretty cool, but it's a bit disappointing she doesn't come with an exclusive passive skill. Even if she's the first unit that can be used to duplicate the new fancy infantry Special skills, her Spd doesn't seem to be good enough to use them herself.

Doesn't her weapon make that impossible?

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Elice doesn't have Aum. That's not neat. But maybe they're saving it for a Legendary Elice since Akaneia doesn't have any remaining obvious picks for Legendary Heroes anymore.

That's the idea I've settled on to explain Elice and Nyna's underwhelming status here. As far as other legendary characters for Archanea go, though, I think they would be pretty safe with Legendary Linde and Minerva. Camus also has enough presence in universe and across the series that he would feel rather suitable to have a legendary version.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Well we're still, unsurprisingly, missing Malledus from the main cast...whom coming to think about it would have been a much better character to come with that new staff than Nyna.

Oh yeah, I forgot about him. I don't know if he'd replace Nyna on here since they probably wanted her alongside Hardin, but he could've taken over for Elice since she could've been saved for a later banner. 

3 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about him. I don't know if he'd replace Nyna on here since they probably wanted her alongside Hardin, but he could've taken over for Elice since she could've been saved for a later banner. 

Well, like I said, completely unsurprising he's not here. And he might never get into Heroes at all. Yet, he, quite inarguably is a major character of Shadow Dragon, probably having more dialogue than any other character and only being surpassed in number of cutscenes by Marth. But...I don't think anyone actually cares. His design is one of the most generic old man designs out there. He isn't playable. And his character is boring. He isn't a lovable buffoon like Merlinus. He isn't a gruff tough love kind of guy like August. He is literally the most bare bones character you can have who exists purely so Marth could talk to someone at the end of each chapter and they had yet to come up with the idea of a retreating unit or a non lord who causes a Game Over. So...yeah, 100% understand why he's not on Heroes's radar despite actually being rather important. Still, would have traded Elice for him like you say.