• Veronica: Princess Rising
    • Camilla: Midnight Bloom
    • Edelgard: Hegemon Husk
    • Fomortiis: Demon King
    • Robin: Fell Tactician
    • Chrom: Fate-Defying Duo
    • Ophelia: Starlit Maiden

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/06/2023 at 02:59 AM

18 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

...according to the predictors, Fallen Edelgard is set to take down Camilla. Ya know, sometimes I really freaking dislike Feh's dumb community...

Updated prediction is expecting wins for Veronica, Camilla, Fomortiis, and Ophelia. I hope it's right.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

Updated prediction is expecting wins for Veronica, Camilla, Fomortiis, and Ophelia. I hope it's right.

If both Edelgards really do end up losing, even the actually good Edelgard apparently loses per tradition.

Somehow that would be Fallen Edelgard's fault.

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

Ideal case for me, never got an Ophelia, Veronica is a merge goal of mine, and Camilla makes it a 9% focus.

So ... I'm on Veronica's team ... and I just got some victory feathers. So apparently we beat Summer Edelgard ...

Somehow this is f!Edelgard's fault.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

So ... I'm on Veronica's team ... and I just got some victory feathers. So apparently we beat Summer Edelgard ...

We take those.

Demon King, Veronica, Ophelia, and Camilla are the winners. Aside from Grima losing, this is pretty much fine. I just go all-in on red for the banner, not too big a deal.

So now that it's official that both Edelgards lost, can we ban all Edelgards from the voting portion of AHR just to save time in the future?

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Nah, it was partially mine and I'm proud of it. I ended up going with Veronica and contributed 800 flags on that last multiplier.

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

So now that it's official that both Edelgards lost, can we ban all Edelgards from the voting portion of AHR just to save time in the future?

Better destroy voting gauntlet entirely as its flawed and has been since its inception. Any system that time of votes matters as much as it does in voting gauntlet should be deleted as the nonsense it is.

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, it was partially mine and I'm proud of it. I ended up going with Veronica and contributed 800 flags on that last multiplier.

I did too! Although I would've been fine with Summer Edelgard winning at least.

But in all seriousness, if it wasn't for Fallen Edelgard splitting the vote between herself and Summer Edelgard, it's possible that the latter would've been in a better spot to win than she was in this reality.

While I'm fine with Veronica moving on since I don't have her, it really is silly that the first seed can miss out on the banner entirely. But clearly they value the engagement the VG decider provides more than running AHR in a more... sensible manner. 

In a literal sense it probably is Fallen Edelgard's fault for splitting her voting base, but pragmatically I'm not going to be upset at anyone for voting for the unit they genuinely most desire.

Anyway, these results are fine by me. Not a high bar to clear, in that any combination where we got the triple-red banner is essentially equivalent for me. Yeah, ultimately it sucks that there's a lottery element to the contest, but those were the terms going it. It's like finishing first in your World Cup group but getting a harder matchup as a result of an upset in the other group. Would I like a different system? Sure. Hell, defuse the stakes by simply having an eight-unit banner, it's hardly something unprecedented.

Summer Edelgard vs Veronica. I want both. I do have Summer Edelgard already but wanted another as mine is -Atk, the one bane where a Florete won't fix her. It means I'm now committed to using Trait Fruits on her, but not a huge deal as I have ~900.

Camilla vs Fallen Edelgard. I have neither unit and would take one of either, but both aren't particularly high on the totem pole. Mostly it's the red vs grey thing. Oddly perhaps I'm now stuck on Team Camilla but would rather have Veronica win the upcoming matchup, but it's a low stakes affair. Winning the first round is imperative, winning the VG as a whole is just a small bonus.

Fomortiis vs Grima. The matchup I didn't care at all about the result, the loss already happened by virtue of being a double-grey head-to-head. I think I'll be skipping grey on the banner itself, but I suppose if I get sufficient copies of the other red units via natural summons and the winner, then I'd be fine sparking Formortiis.

Ophelia vs Chrom. I leaned Chrom here as I wanted to actually use him, plus the fact that Duo heroes are harder to get. But it's not a big deal because Ophelia is a passable consolation prize, even if I already have two. I may dislike her as a character and would rather not use her as a unit, but I'm sure I can find 3-4 red mages who want Arcane Eclipse.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Ophelia vs Chrom. I leaned Chrom here as I wanted to actually use him, plus the fact that Duo heroes are harder to get. But it's not a big deal because Ophelia is a passable consolation prize, even if I already have two. I may dislike her as a character and would rather not use her as a unit, but I'm sure I can find 3-4 red mages who want Arcane Eclipse.

I used one of my R!Ophelias to give my regular Ike Special Spiral 4 XD

I am not sorry

7 minutes ago, Ether said:

While I'm fine with Veronica moving on since I don't have her, it really is silly that the first seed can miss out on the banner entirely. But clearly they value the engagement the VG decider provides more than running AHR in a more... sensible manner. 

I feel its silly that voting gauntlet has not been reworked or touched at all when it has been pointed as flawed for years. And I hated the fact that it was used for AHR since the actual first time it was.  It is a real dampener on the whole event that a problematic mode is used for it. Yes I realize that there is no flawless answer to it other than letting people choose their free unit but voting gauntlet is so flawed it shouldn't be in a community event imo without heavy heavy reworks.

50 minutes ago, Ether said:

Demon King, Veronica, Ophelia, and Camilla are the winners. Aside from Grima losing, this is pretty much fine. I just go all-in on red for the banner, not too big a deal.

So we have one of the most broken units in the game, a potent offensive threat, an Arcane Weapon giver who can also provide Special Spiral 4, and a dangerous Vantage unit.

Pretty solid banner we got going on here. Honestly I'm glad Edelgard, Hegemon, and even Chrom/Robin all lost for personal vendetta reasons. Arcane Grima is a bit of a shame, but I'll manage.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I used one of my R!Ophelias to give my regular Ike Special Spiral 4 XD

I am not sorry

Probably better than my habit of sitting on fodder until they become obsolete. Ironically an example of this is a spare regular Ike of my own who's been sitting around for over five years now.

Anyway, I haven't used Ophelias yet but it'll certainly be Lilina and Valentine's Titania for the first two. Haven't done it yet because I haven't been able to plan out an optimal quad-inheritance setup from Ophelia, especially as most of her skills are infantry-locked. If I give Ophelia Ruptured Sky and a general-purpose tier 4 A-skill with easy prerequisites (like Swift Sparrow or Atk/Spd Push) then most of the problem is fixed. Hurts to "waste" Special Spiral 4, but then I don't have Spiral 3 fodder. Well, I will have one since it's available from Divine Codes 4, but beyond that no.

52 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

I feel its silly that voting gauntlet has not been reworked or touched at all when it has been pointed as flawed for years.

Explain why it is flawed.

The larger team having a 100% win rate is not good for engagement.

The smaller team having more than 50% multiplier uptime and the larger team having 0% multiplier uptime with the larger team still having a 100% win rate is not good for engagement.

The entire point is that upsets are supposed to be able to happen and that the winner cannot be 100% predicted from the event's outset.

27 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Explain why it is flawed.

The larger team having a 100% win rate is not good for engagement.

The smaller team having more than 50% multiplier uptime and the larger team having 0% multiplier uptime with the larger team still having a 100% win rate is not good for engagement.

The entire point is that upsets are supposed to be able to happen and that the winner cannot be 100% predicted from the event's outset.

I am probably not going to get my point across properly as I am not the best explainer of this. But part of it is I think the exact opposite of you described where it feels way to skewed towards the "underdog". Its not just this voting gauntlet I feel this way about it either its just this one has more reason to be discussed in comparison to others. So you get the same flaw of feeling like 100% winrate but its always the upset character.  Its not a good feeling when every time a character appears you can pretty much accurately say they are losing or winning.  Edelgard isn't the only example of this she just is the most extreme example.

And as I said above regardless of which team you are on its really really dumb that you can actively hurt your supported team by doing it at times that you can that don't line up with the optimal voting gauntlet times.  Sleep schedules alone can make you feel like you don't matter contribution times if bigger bonuses are near the end and you are never awake for the end.  And while awake their is alot of just general life crap that can prevent you from doing voting gauntlet when it would help the most which alone I think is enough for me to be justified in my heavy rework desire. And even without the timers I feel the multipliers themselves are badly implemented and don't balance out popularity correctly. I think they actually over correct for size differences between teams too much at times.  but I do think its something I don't have a good way to express why I feel that way that feels like it is satisfying.

Its a flawed bad system on multiple levels imo. I don't think its an exactly easy fix nor do I think its my particular area of expertise to implement a fix for it but I know I am not the only one who has expressed disdain for the method being used.

And the tradition continues, of Edelgard losing on Round 1 of Voting Gauntlet. And this time, she lost it twice!

We are getting pretty much my perfect banner possible. Well... Time to save all my orbs for this.

IS will fix the Edelgard situation by releasing five versions of her this year, thus guaranteeing a second-round appearance next year. Let's see, Baby Edelgard, Mythic Edelgard, Ascended Edelgard, Rearmed Edelgard, and uhh, Hot Springs Edelgard?

27 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

IS will fix the Edelgard situation by releasing five versions of her this year, thus guaranteeing a second-round appearance next year. Let's see, Baby Edelgard, Mythic Edelgard, Ascended Edelgard, Rearmed Edelgard, and uhh, Hot Springs Edelgard?

Don't for get that they will introduce a new type of unit this year, and we will get an Edelgard of that as well.