• Veronica: Princess Rising
    • Camilla: Midnight Bloom
    • Edelgard: Hegemon Husk
    • Fomortiis: Demon King
    • Robin: Fell Tactician
    • Chrom: Fate-Defying Duo
    • Ophelia: Starlit Maiden

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/06/2023 at 02:59 AM

Yeah, if you're only after Veronica and value getting a Camilla or Ophelia just as lowly as getting an Azama or Saizo, then it's roughly equivalent value. And that's the thing, red has around twice the 5-star rate of grey on the banner. The logic of just sniping red and then sparking the loser no matter what, is that in the both cases you get the winner and spark the runner-up - i.e. both desired units - but your 40 other pulls will contain twice as many 5-stars on average.

I suppose over the long, long term, sniping grey will produce a higher Fomortiis rate than sniping red will produce Veronicas if only due to your pity rate being reset a lot more often on red.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Othin said:

In that case, the chance of success is roughly the same either way.

Ok. Thanks for confirming that! ^_^

@Humanoid

Ah, I see. Yeah, that's along the lines of what I was thanking. Thanks for the clarity!

Edited by Mercakete

Apparently victory was decided by Veronica only managing to get 0.991% ahead on the second-last hour, which resulted in more same hell rather than a multiplier for Formortiis. If she'd had gotten 0.009% more votes at that point, then she'd have the gotten the final multiplier and won. So yeah, very very close run thing.

Anyway, the most likely outcome is that the whoever won doesn't impact me ...unless I fail to pull a single Veronica or Camilla with my 40 red snipes and thus get forced into picking one of them as the spark.

Free Fomortiis! Wooooo! Only reason I care for Fomortiis winning is because I already have L!Veronica, lol.

While I'd have preferred to have Veronica as the freebie, I can't be mad about what happened ... considering that she bullshitted her way onto the banner and into the finals in the first place.

Overall, she did well for just barely making the cutoff into the event.

Edited by Sunwoo

9 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Well, Fomortiis won, so everyone is getting a free Fomortiis now.

To make up for the one I didn’t get in the mythic banner

I was fine with getting either of the units I wanted merges on (Camilla or Fomortiis) or either of the Rearmed Heroes as the freebie, so this went well enough for me. Also victory feathers.

Happy to get a free Fomortiis, though I would have preferred Veronica, if only slightly. Looks like I'll be sniping red (if I even invest here. I have banners to save up for.)

11 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

considering that she bullshitted her way onto the banner and into the finals in the first place.

You mean the multipliers?

In any case, while I sided with Veronica I think it's better that Formortiss won, since it'll be easier to pull on the banner (just pull Red). Good luck on your pulls everyone!

To an extent it's a demonstration of preferential voting. Veronica's was 8th in the number of absolute votes to get into the event, seventh when it came to actual army size in round one, third in round two, and first in round three. So she was the first preference of very few people, but was an acceptable compromise for many of them, more than Formortiis.

Army Size
                Votes R1 R2 R3
Summer Edelgard 1     2
Fomortiis       2     1  1  2
Chrom           3     6
Camilla         4     3  2
Fallen Edelgard 5     8
Ophelia         6     5  4
Robin           7     4
Veronica        8     7  3  1

Interesting how many Chrom and F Edelgard voters failed to turn their website votes into actual support in the VG.

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

You mean the multipliers?

In any case, while I sided with Veronica I think it's better that Formortiss won, since it'll be easier to pull on the banner (just pull Red). Good luck on your pulls everyone!

Yep, multipliers! It almost seems like a hilarious poetic justice that the one time Veronica was stronger in the first hour is the round she loses.

Granted, I wanted free Veronica over free Formortiis, but I don't have either so as long as AHR has a spark I'm fine.