Guinivere: Queen of Bern - Legendary Hero Battle

Xenomata

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FzyDf1qacAI923b?format=png&name=orig

This young noblewoman fled her kingdom of Bern in the wake of her brother's vengeful war against humanity. Now that Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade has come to an end, the war won and Idunn freed, Bern can finally know peace under the rule of its Queen, Guinivere.

Radiant Aureola triggers when Guin's enemy either initiates combat or has more than 75% of their max HP when combat begins. When activated, she gains all stats +5, modifies her damage and the enemies Atk by 20% of her Res stat, inflicts Guard on her enemy, and for good measure disables any type of Adaptive damage that might have come her way.
Bern's New Way activates when an ally is within 3 spaces of herself. All Stats +5, accelerated special charge, and 7 HP recovery are granted to Guin when this condition is met, and as a bonus any allies within 3 spaces will also enjoy 7 HP recovery after their own combats.

Spd/Res Finish 4 will activate a +7 boost to her Spd and Res, +5 special damage, and 7 HP recovery per hit when within 3 spaces of an ally, pairing quite well with Bern's New Way. There will be no usage of Firesweep weapons on her with Null C-Disrupt 4, which comes with the added benefits of inflicting an Atk/Spd -4 debuff on her enemies and reducing the damage of her enemies first attack by 30%. Her Special of choice is Iceberg, adding 50% of her Res as damage on triggering.
On Abyssal, do not try to run effects like Vantage or Desperation. You will find the Hardy Bearing sacred seal restores combat to its natural flow if you do.

Guinivere is nigh untouchable by any form of magic, but fortunately she seems to have left her Defense to rot quite a bit... perhaps there's an advantage you can exploit there? Though make sure she's not near any of her soldiers when you do attack, otherwise she'll be a fair bit harder to take down...

Edited by Xenomata

This Special episode of "Xenomata's Abyssal Clears with units nobody uses anymore" is brought to you by... Specials.
And Arcane weapons! As usual.

Innes was NOT supposed to be the star, but there he went and completely stole the show by one-shotting Guin. Honestly, I did not plan for that, I was just trying to figure out what move I could make after dancing him post-killing that Axe Cav when I noticed he could kill Guin.
...all according to plan???
Sanaki was given a major upgrade with Arcane Eclipse. I took Glacies over the alternative of Iceberg in order to more or less guarantee the death of that Red Manakete on Turn 1. That move had the dual purpose of setting up a Wings of Mercy checkpoint for Lene, and good thing too because that Green Archer is annoying as hell. Her staying above 25% hp was nice too, otherwise that Sword Inf. and Troubadour would not have died so easily...
Charlotte was supposed to be the one to kill Guin. The way I figured it, she's not a unit... basically anyone seems to use, she had the best odds of approaching her with both Tempest skills, and could probably deal very heavy damage between her high Atk, Atk bonus, and Guin's low Def... and then Innes came in with the strategy of hitting Guin really really hard.
Lene was brought in because honestly using the same two maybe three dancers all the time kind of feels like cheapening my victories with all the bonuses they bring along, meanwhile all Lene has to her name is high HP for Infantry Pulse (which honestly I'm not entirely sure was needed in the end anyway). My test run of this did have her using Florid Cane, but then she never actually used the Canto effect, so may as well give her weapon some actual support abilities.

...cheapens my victories, says the chump who gives freaking powerful skills AND Arcane weapons to all of his +10 merge units...

Edited by Xenomata

At first I though I would not be able to do this clear... mainly because I couldn't galeforce from the Axe Armor or that Guinivere has Hardy Bearing so vantage her with Marth was not an option considering she has her Iceberg ready., but then I remembered that I have Pulse Smoke on Groom Marth.

@Xenomata Those are some nice invested units you have. Sanaki's Glacies were very strong, and that kill on Guinivere with Innes was great! Nice clear!

Fans of the series will understand why the music fits.

I'm in the middle of playing other games right now and wanted this done quickly, so here's something a little different. I noticed a video of someone doing an OTK with Lene, and realized I could probably do the same with Silvia. She delivered after I learned that the ancient Hone Def seal would give Silvia enough Def to survive while also tricking the Green Bow into not rallying.

Alas, it's not quite an all-Dancer clear. Maybe there will be a Bonus Doubler-granting Dancer in the future...

@Diovani Bressan Impressive to see that the Marths can still do their one shotting on 'damage reduction: the map". Is it because of far save that the mages attacked Christmas Marth, rather then the other Marths? I assumed they'd attack those and trigger far save instead.

This map is no map for the orphans boys, but i've upgraded my Fates princes a bit so that worked out well. This map feels a bit more fair compared to Hinoka's map.

@Landmaster @BoaFerox

Edited by Sasori

@Diovani BressanWow, winter Marth was faster than Guinivere! None of my units were fast enough to double her. Impressive clear as always.

@Some Jerk That was fast. I was surprised to see Silvia take so little damage, but that's exactly what Vital Astra does.

I'm not even going to bother trying this with the dragons because of Guinivere's Prf that disables adaptive damage. Spring Est gets a refine next month! I'm excited for it. I don't really use DC and Iote's on Catria very often, but I wanted to get rid of that green bow user in the beginning. 

Guinevere's physical defense on abyssal is deceptively high. I was at a point where I could clear the rest of the map, but my units didn't have enough power to get rid of her before the EP started.

But deploying Fallen Byleth to take care of shit did the trick, as well as putting death blow 3 seal on my regular m!Shez. Unfortunately, Halloween m!Corrin had a bit of difficulty tanking shit as he normally does on this map, but I can't really blame him for that. Harmonic Azura danced and stuff.

@SasoriNice clear. It's cool to see all the royal kids in one team. Only missing an Arcane Staff, but at least you got Seaside Parasol for Forrest since that's a very good weapon.

@GuiltyLoveNice clear. Palla's Vantage and Catria warping are both things fum to use. Lets hope Spring Est's refinement is a good one.

Yeah, Winter Marth is very speedy. But one thing that helped Marth against Guinivere was the fact that she could not achieve any condition to trigger her tome. She needs for the foe to initiate combat or for the foe to have more than 75% HP, and since she was the one initiating combat and Marth was already quite damaged from the previous combat... Guinivere's Tome was just a 14 MT weapon with Slaying and no other effect.

@XenomataThat is a very nice Innes! Very cool to see him put in so much work, hoping to build mine up like that eventually too. Very well done by the whole team really, nice clear!

@Diovani BressanNice one turn, well done playing around Guinivere with Winter Marth. Pulse Smoke is often very handy against these cheating bosses that pre-charge their special.

@Some JerkWow, amazing enemy phase one turn! Silvia really had no rivals. Surprised she was able to get enough Res to take 0 initial damage from Guinivere.

@SasoriGreat work by the princes, they all put those Arcane weapons to great use (And Forrest the next best thing for Staves). Nice job playing Siegbert away from the Canto Control so he could run around as he pleased. Nice clear!

@GuiltyLoveNice clear by the Whitewings! Guinivere's damage reduction let her somehow survive that massive hit from Catria, but at least her sisters were ready to follow up. Fingers crossed Spring Est's refine turns out great! Nice job by the all dragon team as well, that one dragon with the sword breath was very handy for getting around Guinivere's massive Res!

Not a very bad map to one turn, although true damage reduction will always be potentially annoying, especially combined with Guard as well. Unlike Askr this boss doesn't have massive defensive stats on both ends of the spectrum though, which helps a lot.

I cleared this the day after the map came out after thinking it was going to be impossible. I expected her to have Hardy Bearing to shut down my Desperation strategy that I'd used up until the Abyssal stage. Turns out the solution was really simple: Pulse Smoke. 

In addition to Pulse Smoke, Seaside Parasol also helped us get the win and I didn't even realize it until I was recording since it prevented her from getting her Special back. I'd actually had it equipped for another enemy entirely but ended up not needing it for that one.

Time for some late comments!

@Diovani Bressan - Fellow Pulse Smoke strats! Duo Marth is shining in these clears lately.

@Some Jerk - Woah on Silvia absolutely eating that Iceberg, much less clearing the whole thing by herself. Truly best girl, needed her Resplendent yesterday. 

@Sasori - The boys are super stonks with those Arcane Weapons and Seaside Parasol. Took a lot to take Guin down but she was defenseless at that point~ Nice work!

@GuiltyLove - Valentian Catria and Palla dominated this map! Impressive given that their builds are relatively simple.

@BoaFerox - Baby Tana getting the boss kill with Ninja Naginata! Love that Summer Tana set the scene up and got to get the final kill thanks to the Duo Dance!