Special Heroes - Summer Firsts

Ah yes, our first Engage alt, and our first Donnel alt. Swimsuit Tharja finally shows up. (Get in the Ylisse-emblem trunks, Chrom). And another heart-melting mother-daughter duo.

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

An axe infantry Donnel as the TT unit, IS? Really? This has to be one of the lamest TT units in quite some time, and he definitely isn't gonna measure up to Summer M!Shez.

That trainee boost also isn't gonna mean much with CYL7 (and its accompanying BST boost) coming very soon. 

7 minutes ago, Florete said:

> Another Tharja alt.

To be fair, this is a Tharja alt that should've happened quite some time ago. The other two members of the Fates reincarnation trio (Gaius and Cordelia) got their Summer alts in 2017 and 2018 respectively.

I was looking for a weapon like Tharja's to give to Valentine's Lyn, especially since there's no blue arcane tome yet.

I'll admit, I dislike a lot of Engage's roster, and even I still think they got too few units ...

I'm so glad I don't care for anyone on this banner. Ivy's okay, but I'd rather just get regular Ivy. Fodder's cool, but don't feel like pulling for fodder.

We have s/r trace on a demote though. Lol.

I almost never care about summer banners, and this proves to be no exception. 

Ironically, I’m most excited about Donnel as the Tempest Trial unit. I like him and he has deserved an alt for a long time. However, I would’ve rather seen him on a Harvest Festival or Spring banner. Those themes suit him more.

Stats [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

summer-firsts-lvl-1-and-40-stats-v0-al1x

Ymir & Eir
Super Asset(s): Atk
Super Flaw(s): HP, Res

Ivy
Super Asset(s): Atk
Super Flaw(s): HP, Spd, Res

Fjorm
Super Asset(s): Spd
Super Flaw(s): Atk, Res

Tharja
Super Asset(s): Spd
Super Flaw(s): none
*Atk/Spd Gap 3 is the 4* unlock.

Donnel
Super Asset(s): HP, Def
Super Flaw(s): none
Skill kit: Wooden Tackle+*, Reciprocal Aid, -, Atk/Def Form 3 (4* unlock), Chill Def/Res 2, -
*Same as Tharja's weapon, but grants +5 Atk/Def to unit and inflicts -X Atk/Def penalty (X being the same as Tharja's weapon) on foe

Good God, what is the point of Summer Donnel? As of this version update, you can just spend some Grails to get Fallen Linus (if you missed his GHB) instead.

52 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

To be fair, this is a Tharja alt that should've happened quite some time ago. The other two members of the Fates reincarnation trio (Gaius and Cordelia) got their Summer alts in 2017 and 2018 respectively.

I mean, just because Cordelia and Gaius got summer alts doesn't mean Tharja had to as well. Tharja is the only one with a desert alt (and spring alt if you count her backpacking), and Gaius only has the summer alt. I don't think them being the "Fates reincarnation trio" really means anything for FEH.

For the record in case it's not clear, I'm in no way upset by Tharja getting this alt, it's just funny to me.

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

I mean, just because Cordelia and Gaius got summer alts doesn't mean Tharja had to as well. Tharja is the only one with a desert alt (and spring alt if you count her backpacking), and Gaius only has the summer alt. I don't think them being the "Fates reincarnation trio" really means anything for FEH.

For the record in case it's not clear, I'm in no way upset by Tharja getting this alt, it's just funny to me.

Well, they were the ones who got the Beach CG's back in Awakening to begin with... but in that sense then Chrom is still missing to round up the quartet.

Well there's nothing... inherently offensive about the units on this banner. Ymir and Eir are gonna be a pain to deal with in TT, but they're magic so it's nothing my Selkie can't handle.

Soaring Guidance is just Guidance 4 for Infantry and Flying allies instead of Infantry and Armored allies, which not gonna lie is pretty weak as far as alternate Tier 4 skills go.

Spurn 4 actually accounts for units using defensive specials, which is interesting. It's otherwise an upgrade to the original Spurn in the same vein as the other Dodge 4 skills.
Fjorm got a new special that is about the same as her original Ice Mirror, but it now packs the DC effect into itself as long as Fjorm's special is ready. That's pretty good, won't lie. Weapon and A slot can both be whatever she wants them to be and she'll still get the DC effect.

Seashell Bowl makes Scion Lewyn's weapon obsolete IMO. Same trigger, same stat boost, but it has an extra Spd/Res penalty infliction and the HP recovery happens after every combat the wielder takes part in rather than just being a Recover Ring. Looks overall better to me.

Fireflood Boost drops the HP comparison of the original Boost skills and makes it... honestly a better Stance 3. +7 to stats if above half HP, a Guard effect if near an ally with above half HP, on top of an HP+5 boost, the only question is if Armor units can get it.

I feel like Ivy shouldn't be here. They could have changed her for Aversa or any other Awakening Female character that doesn't have a Summer alt yet. She is a good unit at least, but ehh.

Fjorm looks nice as a unit, but she is just another god Sword... In a worst place compared to the others ones because she is a Seasonal Hero.

Tharja exists, with quite a good inheritable blue tome.

Tanky colorless tome on the duo, which surprises me that we dont have a Harmonized Hero instead. Will she be annoying in Summoner Duels? Yes. Do I play Summoner Duels? Nope. She will be annoying in AR though.

Donnel exists, and Groom Marth for a new axe.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Fireflood Boost drops the HP comparison of the original Boost skills and makes it... honestly a better Stance 3. +7 to stats if above half HP, a Guard effect if near an ally with above half HP, on top of an HP+5 boost, the only question is if Armor units can get it.

According to datamine:

Spoiler

No skill restriction. Anyone can use it. Only needs Fire Boost 3 or Water Boost 3 inherited.

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

According to datamine:

Hide contents

No skill restriction. Anyone can use it. Only needs Fire Boost 3 or Water Boost 3 inherited.

Spoiler

Welp, in that case Armor units (currently just ones who want Atk and Res boosted anyway) now have a slightly better skill to play with, if they care about an extra +1 to the boosted stats and 5 extra HP anyway.

Yeah, Summer 1 is easily the winner this year then. Nothing here is super appealing to me, a tanky Harmonic is pretty meh. Ivy is the pick for me due to her teleporting shenanigans, and dare I say that Fjorm is a good sword infantry. No interest in Tharja as there's something weird going on with her eyes, even if cheap Trace fodder is theoretically nice.

No idea what my approach here besides summoning green is. Do I want red? Grey? Both? Neither?

EDIT: Duh, my brain was still on auto-pilot and assuming it was a Harmonic, not a Duo.

Edited by Humanoid

14 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Ymir and Eir are gonna be a pain to deal with in TT, but they're magic so it's nothing my Selkie can't handle.

Yeah, about that....

[New OC SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/14rwlc8/datamine_july_6_2023_new_story_character_eitr/

This character already has data for a weapon (which you can find in the comments, and it's seemingly an Arcane Beast weapon), so this our probable TT boss.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, about that....

[New OC SPOILERS]:

Hide contents

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/14rwlc8/datamine_july_6_2023_new_story_character_eitr/

This character already has data for a weapon (which you can find in the comments, and it's seemingly an Arcane Beast weapon), so this our probable TT boss.

Spoiler

...oh. Right. I forgot this is when we usually start the Tempest Trials stories.
Welp, my Selkie isn't handling THAT.

At least we finally getting one Engage character added to Fire Emblem Heroes + first Engage alt unit as well. I wasn't expecting Ivy to be included in the second Summer Banner for 2023 and at least since Fjorm is added in the latest Summer Banner, now we need Summer Hrid to complete all the Nifl Royals in every Summer Alts. By the way, I think that Summer Tharja was wearing the same swimsuit from the Fire Emblem Awakening DLC.

Maybe this is the way they've decided to add Engage to FEH. Just add one random Engage character to every single banner - both seasonal and New Heroes - from now on. 🙂

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Wh... why even bother including Ivy at all, then?

I don't understand the point of any of this.

We all know summer Ivy was happening at some point so I guess they did it now. But yeah suprising that there is no other engage charcters to go with her and make her not feel like an odd inclusion.

Ivy: Tidal Breeze got Slaying, warping around a local Support Partner, Meister, and true damage on Divine Draught. True damage is only possible on player phase and is not particularly reliable due to the amount of conditions required. Meister effect got less requirements, but for practical purposes, is very positioning and team composition dependent, so not really usable either. She is not as bad as Nina, but she is still pretty bad. I do not think she is all that viable outside of Save tank and super tank teams. She will also work in a Galeforce team for Aether Raids following the lead who is also the Support Partner, but no point in running her when better nukes and Galeforcers exist.

Fjorm: Seaside Thaw got Slaying, Null C-Disrupt against ranged foes, Guard, and flat damage reduction on Ice-Bound Brand. Frostbite Mirror is basically Ice Mirror with Distant Counter built in, as well as working against melee foes (albeit with less effectiveness).

Ymir: Seasons of Life got Slaying, guaranteed follow-up, damage reduction, and after combat healing on Sparking Sun. She also got Miracle on Everliving Domain. Duo Skill is basically Odd Recovery.

Soaring Guidance got local warping for allies and offensive half of Null Follow-Up, if they are infantry and fliers.

Spurn 4 now also works with defensive Specials.