Legendary Hero - Elincia: Undaunted Queen

Fire Emblem Fan

After her Ascended, I didn't think she'd get a legendary anytime soon, but I guess Celica is no longer alone.

Her B skill looks like a T4 counterpart to Dive-Bomb, Flier Formation, and Aerobatics.

My kind of unit really, simple to use but with extreme mobility. Oddly I find I don't like the neutral art at all, but at the same time I think the attacking art looks great. Elincia of course is the poor man's Palla, but there's extra appeal in my having failed to get Guidance 4 on Palla and consequently not bothering with the Forma at all.

Might this also be the best red lineup in a Legendary banner ever? Absolutely nothing of value in blue and green for me, and grey is just so-so. Even then though, the only way I could justify a large investment is if I could stack up sparks on the 1000 banner, this banner, and the upcoming seasonal banner. I guess in terms of justifying another FEH Pass, that's two legs out of three accomplished. (I'd have to decide on sparking Duo Chrom vs Duo Thorr too, hmm)

I'm not at all against Elincia getting a legendary, but it feels kind of soon after we got her Ascended variation. That was just a few months ago, right? Or, was it like last year? Sometimes these banners really blend into one another.

Red is so disgustingly broken. L!Hinoka has been a menace to deal with, Rearmed Chrom speaks for himself and Elincia is just nonsense. I literally have to spark for Rearmed Chrom alone because Arcane Devourer is too good and I have too many units that want it (Lyn and Guy specifically.) I happen to have a week or so left of FEH Pass so I'm definitely going to have to spark on this banner. I'll grab Chrom, if I get him on the way, I'll snag Elincia and hit the road (Hinoka is great, but Elincia's whole playstyle and support really appeals to me.) 

The only downside is that I don't have an infinite amount of orbs, and In order to spark on this banner, I won't be able to snipe red so I'll have to be efficient and do full pulls. Aside from red, the rest of the colors are pretty eh.

Blue is underwhelming. I already have Seiros, Noah is nothing and while I like Gilliam, he is a one off so he probably won't see much use.

Green is literally worthless. I already have Dagr and L!M!Byleth, Otr has no value for me at all and none of these units have SI that's worth anything.

Colorless actually has nice value though. Legendary Claude is pretty strong (even if L!Hinoka is far superior), Fallen Maria is actually amazing both as a unit and fodder (which would be nice for Serra) and Gotoh is actually a pretty nice unit too.

It's definitely nice knowing with FEH Pass at least one of these units is guaranteed. 

What impressed me about her is her supportive abilities. She does very well in helping allies by granting them more mobility because of the Guidance 4 type effect (but works on all movement types), her 4 spaces Rein effect so allies can easily make use of it, and also granting the Null Follow-Up status effect to allies, which free them from using the B or Seal slots for it (unless they use with Phys. or Mag. NFU, which also adds half Null DR). Then she is also a very offensive unit, being able to quad a foe in player phase before they can counterattack.

Yes, she lacks a way to deal with damage reduction (she may be speedy enough to ignore foe's Spd based damage reduction from skills like Close Call 4 or the Dodge status effect), but that is not a big issue. And she pretty much dies if foe initiates combat, so keep her far away from them. Having Canto 2 helps her in warping, killing the foe, and retreat.

I believe her main counter would be Legendary Myrrh and her Warp Bubble effect. Both are Wind Legendaries, so Myrrh can be a common enemy of her in arena, to counter her warping.

Overall, she is a broken legendary hero and an incredible merge project if the player doesn't have a high merged Wind Legendary yet.

I am skipping this banner because I don't really need her, and the rest of the banner does not interest me at all because I have everyone from this banner, outside Elincia of course. I will free summon on red, and that's about it.

It's worth noting that her Canto (2) can be used with Aerial Maneuvers' teleportation effects as long as the end space she can teleport to is still within 2 spaces.

In the example combat against Duo Dagr in the trailer, Elincia would be able to use Canto to teleport back to her original position afterward.

I wonder what the prerequisite for Aerial Maneuvers is. Its effects are a combination of Dive-Bomb, Flier Formation, and Aerobatics. The English name of the skill appears to be based on Flier Formation and Aerobatics, but the Japanese name of the skill (see the translation notes below) is based on Dive-Bomb. Dive-Bomb is basically a given due to the Japanese name, but it would be really convenient if the skill could use any of the three skills it's based on as a prerequisite (like Aether, Flash Sparrow, etc.).

I really want to pull on this banner since all three red units I need copies of, but I have to split my budget between this banner, the wind festival banner, and FGO's current event banner. This one, unfortunately, has the lowest priority of the three banners, but I can probably pass up on some merges for Wind Catria to make room for more budget here.

And the usual translation notes:

Elincia's epithet, "Undaunted Queen", is "心の女王" (kokoro no joō), "Queen of Heart".

Absolute Amiti is "清真アミーテ" (seishin amīte), "Sincere Amite". "清真" (seishin), "sincere", is a reference to Elincia's epithet in the epilogue to Radiant Dawn, "清真女王" (seishin joō), "Sincere Queen", localized as "Devoted Queen".

Aerial Maneuvers is "空からの猛襲" (sora kara no mōshū), "Fierce Attack From the Sky". Compare with Dive-Bomb, "空からの急襲" (sora kara no kyūshū), "Raid From the Sky" or more literally "sudden attack from the sky".

Heart of Crimea is "クリミアの心" (kurimia no kokoro), "Heart of Crimea".

Edited by Ice Dragon

11 hours ago, Jotari said:

I'm not at all against Elincia getting a legendary, but it feels kind of soon after we got her Ascended variation. That was just a few months ago, right? Or, was it like last year? Sometimes these banners really blend into one another.

Ascended Elincia was released more than seven months ago on February 17th. 

But yeah, I do feel like Ascended Elincia is now retroactively unnecessary. If someone on the dev team didn't hate Nephenee so much, she could've worked just fine as the Ascended Hero instead on that February banner.

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

But yeah, I do feel like Ascended Elincia is now retroactively unnecessary. If someone on the dev team didn't hate Nephenee so much, she could've worked just fine as the Ascended Hero instead on that February banner.

Or Ascended Sothe and we finally get the Dawn Brigade.

21 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Or Ascended Sothe and we finally get the Dawn Brigade.

Sothe should get a Legendary of his own at some point, perhaps as the next Wind Legendary.

Ideally, we won't go more than two years between Tellius Legendaries / Mythics again (before Elincia, Micaiah was the latest one in August 2021).

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Sothe should get a Legendary of his own at some point, perhaps as the next Wind Legendary.

Ideally, we won't go more than two years between Tellius Legendaries / Mythics again (before Elincia, Micaiah was the latest one in August 2021).

I think we stand a high chance of seeing Deghensea as a mythic before 2025. So long as they keep to the criteria that Mythics are new introductions to the game, then their numbers of candidates is running rather thin and Deghensea is prime material as a Mythic. So is Lehran, though he has an alt already so maybe they'd make him a legendary even though mythic sort of suits better.

17 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Might this also be the best red lineup in a Legendary banner ever? Absolutely nothing of value in blue and green for me, and grey is just so-so. Even then though, the only way I could justify a large investment is if I could stack up sparks on the 1000 banner, this banner, and the upcoming seasonal banner. I guess in terms of justifying another FEH Pass, that's two legs out of three accomplished. (I'd have to decide on sparking Duo Chrom vs Duo Thorr too, hmm)

Elemental banners have got to often set new power records with their new units' colors, right? With power creep, especially after a CYL, and especially with the tendency to bundle the strongest past units alongside the new one.

58 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I wouldn't quite put it that way. Getting a staff Elincia was important, but a legendary staff Elincia would nicely fill the roles of both.

Edited by Othin

I wonder why they seem to hate staff legendaries so much. Guinevere, Micaiah, and Elincia are all legendary characters who could've reasonably been staff units. Instead, Guinevere is another tome unit who repeats her "effectiveness against tomes" gimmick, literally all Micaiahs have been tomes and there have been three colorless Micaiahs now, and legendary Elincia could've just been the staff unit instead of ascended Elincia (who in retrospect wasn't really necessary, I assume she exists just because she goes thematically with a Crimea banner though).

EDIT: Heck, Leif could've also been a staff legendary too since Ethlyn is canonically associated with staves and it's not like Master Knight Leif is especially associated with bows.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I wonder why they seem to hate staff legendaries so much. Guinevere, Micaiah, and Elincia are all legendary characters who could've reasonably been staff units. Instead, Guinevere is another tome unit who repeats her "effectiveness against tomes" gimmick, literally all Micaiahs have been tomes and there have been three colorless Micaiahs now, and legendary Elincia could've just been the staff unit instead of ascended Elincia (who in retrospect wasn't really necessary, I assume she exists just because she goes thematically with a Crimea banner though).

EDIT: Heck, Leif could've also been a staff legendary too since Ethlyn is canonically associated with staves and it's not like Master Knight Leif is especially associated with bows.

In fact, Master Knight Leif's best utility is staffs! He basically promote to a troubadour.

While the aversion to staff legendaries is certainly odd(recently at least, up until earlier this year when Duo Elise? released staves were pretty feelsbad as a class), I do think that ascended Elincia being staff so that Legendary can be sword works well enough. RD Elincia's arc is defined by her willingness to take up the sword and do what needs to be done, even if it comes at great self-sacrifice. With that being the case, leg Elincia being sword feels fitting.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I wonder why they seem to hate staff legendaries so much. Guinevere, Micaiah, and Elincia are all legendary characters who could've reasonably been staff units.

I'd throw Lilina, Celica, Nanna and Deirdre in there as well. Deirdre in particular is the most egregious one when you remember that she doesn't even get to use the Book of Naga in FE4. So, staff utility was pretty much all Deirdre had going for her in her limited play time because Aura is a meme tier weapon in FE4. 

Leif's more-or-less canon love interest (Nanna) is also associated with staves, so there's that too in regards to Leif.

For a moment I was confused... then it was brought up the other was the Ascended, haha.

Not quite. Between her Baldr Blood and the Light Sword, it's actually swords what Ethlyn is canonically associated with. Even if, yes, her base form here is a staff user.

As for Legendary Lief... well, there's the Bragi Sword. That is meant to be his endgame weapon in Thraccia.

48 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I'd throw Lilina, Celica, Nanna and Deirdre in there as well. Deirdre in particular is the most egregious one when you remember that she doesn't even get to use the Book of Naga in FE4. So, staff utility was pretty much all Deirdre had going for her in her limited play time because Aura is a meme tier weapon in FE4. 

Leif's more-or-less canon love interest (Nanna) is also associated with staves, so there's that too in regards to Leif.

Lol, I knew I was forgetting someone.

But yeah, legendary Deirdre and legendary Nanna also realistically could've used staves (although I can understand why Nanna didn't, because her two previous versions were both staves). Deirdre really should've had a staff though for at least one of her alts, now that I think about it.

34 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For a moment I was confused... then it was brought up the other was the Ascended, haha.

Not quite. Between her Baldr Blood and the Light Sword, it's actually swords what Ethlyn is canonically associated with. Even if, yes, her base form here is a staff user.

As for Legendary Lief... well, there's the Bragi Sword. That is meant to be his endgame weapon in Thraccia.

Fair, although I can understand that they may have been trying to avoid swords for Leif. Considering how they basically made every non-Marth Falchion user a bow and how neither Byleth uses a sword and f!Alear is a "dragon" and neither Robin is a sword unit.

1 hour ago, Ether said:

While the aversion to staff legendaries is certainly odd(recently at least, up until earlier this year when Duo Elise? released staves were pretty feelsbad as a class), I do think that ascended Elincia being staff so that Legendary can be sword works well enough. RD Elincia's arc is defined by her willingness to take up the sword and do what needs to be done, even if it comes at great self-sacrifice. With that being the case, leg Elincia being sword feels fitting.

Yeah, but her other big moment in Radiant Dawn is when she lays down her sword and goes into battle unarmed. So you can kind of justify anything if you try hard enough...wait a second, goes into battle unarmed. Legendary Elincia should have been a Gauntlet Flier!

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Lol, I knew I was forgetting someone.

But yeah, legendary Deirdre and legendary Nanna also realistically could've used staves (although I can understand why Nanna didn't, because her two previous versions were both staves). Deirdre really should've had a staff though for at least one of her alts, now that I think about it.

We definitely needed Earth Sword Nana so I'm cool with that and even though I'd like to see the Blaggi sword some day, Legendary Leif as Master Knight was definitely a good choice. But yeah, Deirdre could totally have been a staff user, even in her base form. And she even has a somewhat associated staff in the form of Silence. Okay, yeah it's not her prf or anything, but her using in on Sandima is basically a scripted battle it's urged so much. A silence as a status effect isn't something we've seen in Heroes and would be super useful. Which in turn would make restore a lot more valuable as Deirdre becomes the ultimate anti magic unit 

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Ignore this. Can't delete on mobile

Edited by Jotari