Fire Emblem Forever (status: dead?)

Krad

I find it odd that Ares doesn't mention, or it seems, consider Leen in his recruitment convo. Just doesn't seem like he has a good enough reason to turn I guess.

Also, he calls Leen "Leeen" in his convo with jabarro before the chapter start.

EDIT: What's the point of Iron Blades if they have less hit and mt, more wt ,and a higher cost than steel swords and have the same number of uses and require the same weapon level to use?

Edited by deranger

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added a new poll with questions regarding design choices for the future.

Question 1

The reasoning behind this is two things:

• There are already 3 other bishops planned for the hack (Lana, Corple and another person).
  • More variety since Nanna is the only possible Valkyrie.

Question 2

This one is harder to explain. Both of those castles aren't really that relevant to the story (nothing that I can't move around to fit), and none of them are really that important.

Removing them would allow me to handle a few chapters better and not just tackle them on without a real purpose.

For anyone who's not sure of which castles those are, it's these ones.

245j4v7.png

Chapter 9 and Chapter 10 of the original FE4, respectively.

Question 3

Swords get Blades, Lances get Javelins, so I thought Axes could also get another tree of weapons. They would have a very high hit (slightly below swords), in exchange of being weaker than their regular versions.

I know some of these may sound weird, so that's why I'm asking. I think all these could improve the game, but I'd like to hear everyone's opinion beforehand.

As for current progress, Chapter 11's map is done, and Chapter 12's is about halfway done. That's about it.

Edited by Krad

Those all sound fine, although Axes would be better off with more gimmicky weapons like one with low hit and high damage, although a Slim Axe could work.

1. I take it Amalda isn't in the plans? Or what about Janne?

2. I'd be ok with Rados since that one forces you to get out of the way to Miletos, but I'd still keep Ridayle and his troops, just Under the orders of Hilda. I'm a bit iffy on Grutia since it was at least original with its barrier of ballistae. If you remove the castle, I'd suggest keeping ballistae or siege casters around Thracia. Preferably nested in the mountains so that they'd be hard to reach, kinda like FE4 Silesia.

3. I don't really see the use since axes users usually have a problem in speed or defense while I found their accuracy decent enough. Are you sure you don't want to make a line of hand axes?

1. I take it Amalda isn't in the plans? Or what about Janne?

None, but there is going to be another Mage Knight joining near the end of the game.

2. I'd be ok with Rados since that one forces you to get out of the way to Miletos, but I'd still keep Ridayle and his troops, just Under the orders of Hilda. I'm a bit iffy on Grutia since it was at least original with its barrier of ballistae. If you remove the castle, I'd suggest keeping ballistae or siege casters around Thracia. Preferably nested in the mountains so that they'd be hard to reach, kinda like FE4 Silesia.

I plan to keep most of what was in the areas near the castles, all that is being removed is the castle themselves. So yeah, Ridayle would be around Chronos now, and a few ballistas or just a few archers will be near Thracia to compensate (this one maybe not, since too many ballistas are a pain).

3. I don't really see the use since axes users usually have a problem in speed or defense while I found their accuracy decent enough. Are you sure you don't want to make a line of hand axes?

Adding ranged axes is a pain, which is why I didn't instantly add a middle ground axe between a Hand Axe and the Tomahawk. A shield Axe seems like a good idea though. Updated the poll with more options.

Edited by Krad

i would say light(so if anyone non fighter w/ high con uses axes they have a viable option) accurate low damage axes (with okay crit rate)

sheild axes as a third type would be cool to i guess but i think it might end up being hard to balance

also i think that you should do 3 types per weapon

sword

blade high might

normal

low might good crit

lance

sheild lance

normal

javelin

axes

normal

throwing

light fast low damage

Edited by Formidatus

I always felt like Rados was a filler castle during Chapter 10 anyway so I have no issue about it being taken out.

What I'd like to see would be something covering what happened between Chapter 9 and 10 even if its just something to pad out the length of the hack, perhaps a sidequest?

i would say light(so if anyone non fighter w/ high con uses axes they have a viable option) accurate low damage axes (with okay crit rate)

sheild axes as a third type would be cool to i guess but i think it might end up being hard to balance

also i think that you should do 3 types per weapon

I was thinking of rather than doing three weapon trees, two ones plus three effective weapons per weapon type.

I always felt like Rados was a filler castle during Chapter 10 anyway so I have no issue about it being taken out.

What I'd like to see would be something covering what happened between Chapter 9 and 10 even if its just something to pad out the length of the hack, perhaps a sidequest?

That has been in my plans ever since I started this hack.

Edited by Krad

I was thinking of rather than doing three weapon trees, two ones plus three effective weapons per weapon type.

That would be cool to

also the light fast axes could be reffered to as hatchets

i disagree with +def axes because glade already takes like no damage

lighter axes are also similarly pointless since pretty much every axe user has enough con to use almost every axe but a hammer

Idk why but at the end of chapter 10x it says I have a game over for some reason any closure?

ummm yeah..the hack only goes to chapter 10X so far you should read the first post before downloading something

Just finished, not much to say, it was one of the best hacks I've played, well balanced, good level design and pacing as well. Never played FE4 so I can't comment on the story really.

Only thing is I feel as if your units level up at a fairly fast rate, for a game with supposedly 20+ intended chapters, I feel like my entire main army will be hitting 20/20 a good bit before the final chapter. Maybe it's just me.

Oh yeah, units, mostly the ones I used mainly.

fef1.png

Seliph: Horrible. Never doubled anything, couldn't dream of OHKOing anything either, in fact he was getting doubled near the end. I'm guessing it's possible I was fairly RNG screwed with his stats but his bases aren't particularly great. His Prf weapon is nice though but it feels a bit weak. He had some nice durability I suppose, but that's negated when he's getting doubled. I guess it won't really matter once he promotes and gets his weapon. He'll probably be great anyway.

fef15.png

Leif: Pretty much what everyone else says, better than Seliph. That extra point in spd actually allowed him to double a few enemies and avoid getting doubled by even more. His durability was about the same but had a much easier time hitting things as well as throwing out some OHKOs and attacking from range with his vastly superior prf weapon. Add a point of con and I have to say if Seliph wasn't forced there would really be no reason to use him over Leif. Still not a particularly amazing

unit but he's pretty decent and will only get better after promotion.

fef12.png

Julia: ...Yeah, is this normal? Julia was a pretty solid bombing unit from the start but picked up really quickly. I gave her a speed ring on the chapter where you get Salem and after one more level up of speed she started doubling nearly everything and never stopped, no magic user could kill her, she had no issues hitting things coupled with her crazy magic which pretty much made her the best unit in my entire army. She was OHKOing 80% of her enemies. I must have been RNG blessed because she capped speed before she even promoted. Oh yeah and she's tied with Shanan for the fastest unit in my army. Isn't that something?

fef5.png

Arthur: Backup mage, never quite got him to promotion but his 4 magic lead over Asvel at the same level (around 11/12) and superior con resulted in me picking him over the latter. He was growing pretty nicely and will most likely be a pretty heavy hitter once he promoted. I also hear he gets a mount, that'll be crazy.

fef6.png

Ulster: Solid stats all around except for strength. Had mild durability issues which left very early on but had consistent problems killing things even after promoting. Even after giving him a power ring his damage wasn't amazing and I found myself giving him the star sword during his last 10 levels as a merc just so he could keep up with the rest of the army. Had some doubling issues before promoting also, but made moot by the star sword boosts.

fef9.png

Lakche: was the MVP of earlygame (barring Oifye) but lost a lot of steam ironically after promoting. Decent durability for a SM but a little less avoid than usual. Doubling issues when wielding blades and trouble OHKOing without a Killing edge but regardless a solid unit. Inferior to Shanan despite the almost trivial stat difference.

fef11.png

Shanan: Kills everything with Balmung and most with it's imitation. Inferior to Lakche statwise but trivialized by his weapon. He's amazing aside from his expected durability. Amazing unit.

fef3.png

Ares: Great unit, had a little trouble getting started but once he did he became an integral part of the army. He'll definitely be capping everything but res and luck. Can't wait to use his S weapon.

fef2.png

Finn: Amazing unit from start to finish, can't say much else.

fef14.png

Oifey: Served his earlygame purpose, still decent later on. He fits his archetype. Could have gotten better level ups I suppose.

fef4.png

Nanna: Fairly durable for a healer. Trubadours are amazing units anyway. Great 2nd healer and of course useful. That skill could hurt any potential

she might have as an offensive unit later on though.

fef7.png

Lana: Obligatory healer. That said she's great, gains exp at a nice pace and does good chip damage after promotion with a kill or two here and there.

fef8.png

Danstil (So THIS is that name a unit guy...): Pretty decent, I was a little surprised (and a tad disappointed) that he promoted into a great knight. He was one of my backup units. Threw him a speed ring, regretted it. Felt like a waste.

fef10.png

Fee: Better than your average Peg Knight. Had some strength issues but got some decent level ups and they eventually went away. Had doubling issues due to her con and lances so I gave her the body ring, was pretty much doubling everything from then on. She's your only flying unit anyway, so you have no choice but to use her anyway. Threw her the life ring too, looking at that durability she didn't particularly end up needing it, but that just means later on I can throw her out into the wild without worry of her dying.

fef13.png

Johalva: Not that great honestly. Never really doubled anything but the hero axe fixed that and he already hit pretty hard, if he actually hit his target that is. His luck is abysmal though. I kind of regretted not switching to Orson for my Axeman. Something tells me he would have been the better unit. This guy was great for mowing down enemy HP for lower level units to get kills though.

And most notably...

fef16.png

Delmud: Horrible. Couldn't double anything, had hit issues, fairly low strength, mediocre durability, low con, he couldn't even 2HKO things reliably. I tried really hard to use him but

eventually he just became a liability. When I got Ares and Finn I immediately dumped him. Felt bad for wasting the exp feeding him kills.

Edited by Zeo

Sorry I haven't been answering, been a bit busy lately.

wut abut bowz?

I don't want to do a Longbow tree (I find them really, really annoying whene it's enemies that have them). We'll see what I can come up with.

Idk why but at the end of chapter 10x it says I have a game over for some reason any closure?

Patch ends at Chapter 10x (or 10 if you didn't get the sidequest). Next real version (v3.0) will feature the full game.

Only thing is I feel as if your units level up at a fairly fast rate, for a game with supposedly 20+ intended chapters, I feel like my entire main army will be hitting 20/20 a good bit before the final chapter. Maybe it's just me.

Made it that way for two reasons: so it feels like the enemy is progressing as you do, and for underleveled characters to be able to catch up. I really don't like when games have you at lategame with enemies that are level 1.

Oh yeah, units, mostly the ones I used mainly.

fef12.png

Julia: ...Yeah, is this normal? Julia was a pretty solid bombing unit from the start but picked up really quickly. I gave her a speed ring on the chapter where you get Salem and after one more level up of speed she started doubling nearly everything and never stopped, no magic user could kill her, she had no issues hitting things coupled with her crazy magic which pretty much made her the best unit in my entire army. She was OHKOing 80% of her enemies. I must have been RNG blessed because she capped speed before she even promoted. Oh yeah and she's tied with Shanan for the fastest unit in my army. Isn't that something?

You be the judge here.

j0ww93.png

fef16.png

Delmud: Horrible. Couldn't double anything, had hit issues, fairly low strength, mediocre durability, low con, he couldn't even 2HKO things reliably. I tried really hard to use him but

eventually he just became a liability. When I got Ares and Finn I immediately dumped him. Felt bad for wasting the exp feeding him kills.

Wow, you got unlucky there.

swscxu.png

For anyone that's interested on what I've been working on, check this.

Actual work on Chapter 11 will start when I've got Leif's promoted animation ready (If anyone is willing to script it for me when it's ready so I don't have to learn how... :P:)

Also, regarding the poll, I'm going to leave it open for a bit more. While the first and second questions seem to be answered already, there's no real veredict on the last one, so I can't decide just yet. If anyone has any idea of other types of axes I could add, please tell!

Edited by Krad

I just recently finish it and I have some comment / problem:

1. The Tyrfing on the Prologue look way too big, Maybe change it to the size of noraml sword spite?

2. What is in the lock house of Chapter 2? How to unlock it?

3. Where are the master seal in the current version (2.2) ?

4. When Seliph and Leif promote?

5. I think Julia deserve a special map spite. Also, Leif spite in map is still red hair, change it to brown?

6. Consider to edit "repair" option?

7. Any source for infinite money? I found myself run out of gold.

8. Which chapters you plan to give us Forseti and Yewfelle?

1. He had changed the sword from the default sword version to the leak version.

3. One is found in chapter 2's desert map in a house. Pretty sure it's not locked.

Edited by Ubel Engel

The Tyrfing on the Prologue look way too big, Maybe change it to the size of noraml sword spite?

I like the way it looks, it isn't really meant to be a thin sword.

What is in the lock house of Chapter 2? How to unlock it?

A Master Seal, you can only visit it in Adults mode.

Where are the master seal in the current version (2.2) ?

• 1 in Chapter 2
  • 1 in Chapter 4
  • 2 in Chapter 6
  • 2 in Chapter 7
  • 1 in Chapter 7x
  • 2 in Chapter 9
  • 4 in Chapter 10
  • 1 in Chapter 10x

Includes secret ones.

When Seliph and Leif promote?

Beginning of Chapter 11.

I think Julia deserve a special map spite. Also, Leif spite in map is still red hair, change it to brown?

Maybe eventually, and it will be changed.

Consider to edit "repair" option?

What?

Any source for infinite money? I found myself run out of gold.

No, there will be no arenas in this game. And the game isn't really scarce on gold:

• 5000 in Chapter 1
  • 10000 in Chapter 3
  • 5000 in Chapter 4x
  • 15000 in Chapter 6 (hidden)
  • 4000 in Chapter 7
  • 8000 in Chapter 9

This is only raw gold or gems.

Which chapters you plan to give us Forseti and Yewfelle?

Yewfelle will appear somewhere in Thracia, and Forseti somewhere in Miletos.

EDIT: Goddamn like every bbcode is broken. I fix something and something else breaks.

Edited by Krad

• 1 in Chapter 2
  • 1 in Chapter 4
  • 2 in Chapter 6
  • 2 in Chapter 7
  • 1 in Chapter 7x
  • 2 in Chapter 9
  • 4 in Chapter 10
  • 1 in Chapter 10x

Includes secret ones.

where are the secret ones in Chapter 10 and 10x??

What?

By "repair", I mean using gold to fix the weapon durability. Personally, I found that the Holy Weapons are too awesome to use in this patch compare to the original FE4, where you can repair with expensive price. (1000 gold per use)

Yewfelle will appear somewhere in Thracia, and Forseti somewhere in Miletos.

Where is Valkyrie staff and what does it do in this patch??.

Also, when mage knight and sage using staff, they use their attack animation instead.

*recently find out that only the units that can't use staff before promotion have this problem (Julia, Authur, Tinny, and Asvel)

Anyway, thank for the patch.

Glad to see that FE4 advance is not an april fool joke.

Edited by crazyalex

I've seen this mentioned before, but I'd like to second Tinny being recruit able by Seliph, as I was unaware Tinny would be in the chapter, due to the chapters being shorter than their counterparts and it is a big chapter with limited units available, so I just wasted a long time since I didn't bring.

• 1 month later...

Finally got something new to show

48XU3ZV.pngudY7Sab.pngdcsx1vU.png

Chapter 11 is coming along nicely, it's not a huge chapter so it shouldn't take too long to finish.