Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

An older japanese man is gushing about how cute Twins and Tubers are and how a battle with them makes him excited. Doesn't that sound weird?

Do you know what Japan's standards of beauty and cuteness are? And what Japan considers sexy?

I'm sorry... what? How did you go from cute to sexy?

Ahem, anyways, VGC 2017 rules are fully out.

http://www.serebii.net/vgc/2017.shtml

I guess I'm messing with my team now to add an UB or two since they're confirmed to be allowed now.

Edited by Emerson

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry... what? How did you go from cute to sexy?

I'm talking about Japan and different standards. To many japanese men, cute and sexy go hand in hand.

I mean, it's the reason idols are so popular there, but their carrer ends by the time they become.

Not really. Probably because there a (perceived) greater room for variance in female character designs. I honestly can't believe you think more female designs is an example of fanservice when presumably most of those designs have nothing to do with it.

It's like one or two lines in a game, so I don't think it's particularly bothersome. Not sure where you're going with the next two questions.

As I saying before, it has a lot do with what Japan considers what is attractive in a women.

Perhaps I'm being to judgemental of Japan, but knowing their standards when it comes female beauty, it's tend to look at some japanese artists with a bit of negativity when they draw young girls.

Edited by Water Mage

I caught a Feebas just now-off the 1% chance marker, too. I accidentally hit the A button again and fished in the spot with bubbling rocks after the bubbles had vanished, and caught a Feebas. It has Swift Swim, too, which means Marvel Scale Milotic. =D

This isn't strictly SuMo related, but there's a second chance Arceus event going on now for North Americans. Just put the code "ARCEUS20" into any Gen. VI game. In addition, Meloetta is now available for download in any of the aforementioned Gen. VI games.

This isn't strictly SuMo related, but there's a second chance Arceus event going on now for North Americans. Just put the code "ARCEUS20" into any Gen. VI game. In addition, Meloetta is now available for download in any of the aforementioned Gen. VI games.

Woah, thanks.

^You're welcome.

It turns out the the second chance Arceus event works for Europe and Australia too. You just have to use the code "ARCEUS2016" instead. You can redeem the code until December 31st.

Also, just a reminder that Magearna will be released soon, on December 5th. To get it, you need to scan its QR code (after completing the game), and then you can receive it from the the antique shop in Hau'oli Mall.

Edited by Lightchao42

Then i am a little confused... Why would cute clothes not be ok for an E rated game?

No high heeled shoes/pumps either.

Some male swimmers in past games had their speedos altered to cover more skin. But those swimmers weren't fanservice. They just wore a swimsuit that most American parents would find a little too revealing, despite being entirely non sexual.

However the male swimmers in SM is plenty fanservice and he is wearing regular swim trunks.

I caught my first shiny, a Crabrawler! It continues my cursed trend of every Iron Fist mon having a -Attack nature though...

Shinies have a 1/4000 chance now as a Team Skull grunt mentions about it at the Aether office.

I caught a Feebas just now-off the 1% chance marker, too. I accidentally hit the A button again and fished in the spot with bubbling rocks after the bubbles had vanished, and caught a Feebas. It has Swift Swim, too, which means Marvel Scale Milotic. =D

Knowing this iit's going to be hard to fullfill a job that the man by the fifth trail town will ask for a Feebas.

Already got two of them from the last give out and have 5 Meoletta's already from the last give out. One of them is even Naive natured with Somewhat Vain. ^_^

One of the two Arceus's has a perfect IV in HP which I love. :D

Well, while attempting to SoS chain a Castform in the rain in Lush Jungle, I found myself a shiny Butterfree. =I Decided to name her Madama B.

The chaining is back?! :o

Thank you, Nintendo for not having to get the Shiny charm to more easily find them.

-----

I gotta post some pictures of them sometime! :)

Edited by PuffPuff

No high heeled shoes/pumps either.

Bolding it and giving another example of other clothing does not explain why cute clothes (and perhaps it is the fact that the term is so subjective and vague that is the problem) are not allowed in E-rated games. Why does deeming something as "cute" make it inappropriate for E rated games? Hell, the flowers on the hats for females in XY could be considered cute, yet they were still added.

Shinies have a 1/4000 chance now as a Team Skull grunt mentions about it at the Aether office.

Neat, i didn't know that. I hope that makes it even easier to find shinies while chaining too... although knowing my luck, they will be wrong natured and have the wrong ability. lol

It's still 1/4096. He says about 4000 to 1.

The change has been since there since XY.

Also, question, is the Shiny Charm from catching everything in the Alola Dex now instead of the National Dex?

I'd assume the Oval Charm is from seeing everything in the Alola Dex then?

Actually I just looked it up and wow, they made that a LOT easier to get.

I have yet to see a shiny in this game. I never saw one in ORAS either. I guess the crazy luck I used to have with shinies is over. xP I found at least one shiny in nearly every game I played before then.

I haven't touched Sun in the last couple days though. But I will pick it back up today. There are still Pokemon in the dex that I haven't even seen yet and it's not just evolutions or pre-evolutions that I missed.

I defeated the Elite Four yesterday. I heard they where though and they did not dissapoint. They where still quite manageable though and I managed to beat them on my first try.

Anyway with the main game these are some things I did and did't like.

Things I liked

Streamlining: Sun and Moon introduced many features that remove the more tedious aspects from previous games. No HM's is the best thing they could have done and it is very convenient to be able to add a captured Pokemon to your party immediately.

Presentation: The game looks very nice and I was pleased to see how they reworked several moves to look more impressive. Moves such as Astonish look much better then they ever did before.

Setting and story: The vast majority of characters in the game are either likeable or interesting which is a nice change of pace compared to the boring characters of XY. I was a bit sceptical about Totem battles and the Alolan region, but I ended up liking both a lot while playing.

Difficulty: I did't use the exp share so that might have something to do with it, but this game had a lot more bite to it then XY.

Things I did't like

Fishing: I stopped bothering with fishing since half of the time I got nothing and the other half consisted entirely of Magikarps. Most games eased up on the Magikarps later on, but I haven't seen that here yet.

Low encounter rates for new Pokemon: I've seen a lot of 5% encounter rates while looking for search rates and certain Pokemon like the ones requiring fishing are an even bigger pain to catch.

Ultra Beasts: I have no problem with the UB's by themselves, but they have the same problem as the Ba'als in Bravely Second. They barely show up in the main story. Its probably the only thing about the story I think did't work too well.

Minor complaints aside I do think Sun and Moon are one of the better Pokemon games alongside BW2.

I have yet to see a shiny in this game. I never saw one in ORAS either. I guess the crazy luck I used to have with shinies is over. xP I found at least one shiny in nearly every game I played before then.

I haven't touched Sun in the last couple days though. But I will pick it back up today. There are still Pokemon in the dex that I haven't even seen yet and it's not just evolutions or pre-evolutions that I missed.

How bout with breeding?!

Only one I've ever got period was with a Charmander in the Pokemon Black game. =P

I defeated the Elite Four yesterday. I heard they where though and they did not dissapoint. They where still quite manageable though and I managed to beat them on my first try.

Anyway with the main game these are some things I did and did't like.

Things I liked

Streamlining: Sun and Moon introduced many features that remove the more tedious aspects from previous games. No HM's is the best thing they could have done and it is very convenient to be able to add a captured Pokemon to your party immediately.

Presentation: The game looks very nice and I was pleased to see how they reworked several moves to look more impressive. Moves such as Astonish look much better then they ever did before.

Setting and story: The vast majority of characters in the game are either likeable or interesting which is a nice change of pace compared to the boring characters of XY. I was a bit sceptical about Totem battles and the Alolan region, but I ended up liking both a lot while playing.

Difficulty: I did't use the exp share so that might have something to do with it, but this game had a lot more bite to it then XY.

Things I did't like

Fishing: I stopped bothering with fishing since half of the time I got nothing and the other half consisted entirely of Magikarps. Most games eased up on the Magikarps later on, but I haven't seen that here yet.

Low encounter rates for new Pokemon: I've seen a lot of 5% encounter rates while looking for search rates and certain Pokemon like the ones requiring fishing are an even bigger pain to catch.

Ultra Beasts: I have no problem with the UB's by themselves, but they have the same problem as the Ba'als in Bravely Second. They barely show up in the main story. Its probably the only thing about the story I think did't work too well.

Minor complaints aside I do think Sun and Moon are one of the better Pokemon games alongside BW2.

Still gonna need it for my breeding.

-----

a73vr7.jpg3mVdjf.jpg
Still love it's good HP that it gets.
EiJ39z.jpg7WbI9L.jpg
Nearly done. Just gotta breed a Rufflet to also get it Defog.
4PUqvq.jpgjCNu3b.jpg
Breeded so far for Aqua Ring. Now going to breed Psyduck to also get it Amnesia and Wonder Room.
Aqua Ring-Stacks well with a Leftovers and with it's good Sp.Def makes it all the worthwhile.
Wonder Room to switch it's boosted Amnesia'd statistics.
Amnesia Yes. For an unstoppable tank.
rVjPL2.jpgB0jdDl.jpg
I just had to name her after my favorite character in the game. Looks like Lillie as a Pokemon. ^.^
Still have to play further into the game though. Only passed Trial five still. Those Aetherians as I see it have to be bad people as they chased her at the start of the game. Why should Team Skull exist? They're just annoying and interfering with the story which the Aetherians should have been the only organization to exist in these games.
pf5f5c.jpgSex0Vo.jpg
!
UUyRpm.jpgr3Bn32.jpg
!
DxX5DJ.jpgQzV45K.jpg
Just your average female Haxorus. Only the female ones can evolve and these dragons make perfume! Makes me want to use it. Gren will sit on this one. Plus this one has about the same amount of base Speed and Sp.Attk...too. When it evolves. Sp.Attk 111 and Speed 117
qg7urc.jpgzhBryG.jpg
Not vain either as she needs to hit harder with Diamond Storm.
V2KYGp.jpg8i5dQF.jpg
This one went through the bank as I've actually got it from the third gen and got it Softboiled from there!
njenHM.jpg0AO0Vm.jpg
:D:
q7a01D.jpgK1OzYC.jpg
My favorite NU Poke.
Xn4tAp.jpgoSxs9p.jpg
...An Uber in the making. Need the bank so bad to bring her to my Sun game. D:
d2ptT5.jpgLgN7qA.jpg
Rock Slide needed to clip birds wings. Endeaver needed for the Focus Sash that it gets when it's up againsat a bulky Fire type. Other two are recommended.
6SmeIT.jpga7akHF.jpg
!
8CieaC.jpgu335rE.jpg
The event one. Got two of them.
ip3UYZ.jpg4qbqWc.jpg
My Defensive one.
ZKJM9C.jpgPpve3l.jpg
My faster one!
-----
I also need to breed Litten with Meowth to get it both Fake Out and Nasty Plot. The starters. I'm using them in my Sun game. Just getting their Egg moves first in my Moon game before I do so.
Edited by PuffPuff

KOrhZR.jpgXM7dzV.jpg

Not disappointing.

f16sKM.png

FF8 Boss

Based off of this design makes it worthy to teach it this set...

-Spider Web(Stop)

-Ice Beam(PK Beam)

-Mirror Coat(PSI Shield)

-Protect(PSI Power Shield)/Double Team(Quick)

Just about finished breeding it at the daycare.

Edited by PuffPuff

I have a small question.

Does anyone know if its possible to have 6 vs 6 matches online with random people? I recall being able to do that in XY, but so far I have only found 3vs3 pokemon battles, doubles and some things I have to make an acount for.

For the first time since Gen1 i managed to fully complete my Pokedex.. and that in only a few days.

Thank God for the GTS and the willingness of people to give away tons of rare and hard to get Pokemon for Goomys, Gibles and Vanillites, these 3 saved me so much work (and in that regard, thanks to that random dude who pretty much gave away his goomy for free, allowing me to breed it and use it to get everything else).

wviwjwvwev_zpsngu02hxz.jpg

Honestly, I hadn't this much fun with a pokemon game as i had here completing that thing for a long time, and I usually don't even care for the dex. I pretty much played nonstop for 70 hours, with a little sleep in between. I guess i take a short break from Moon though before I start to hunt shinys with my fancy new pin or breeding some mons for the battle tree.

For some reason, I'm not as interested in completing the Pokedex here as I was before. I'm not sure why really. Maybe I'm subconsciously waiting for a Sinnoh remake to do that in instead? Or maybe it's that the National dex will be in the Bank only this time... I dunno.

But I still ought to try some time anyway. I don't want to be completely done with Sun this fast. I want to do more stuff in it. I just don't know what yet. I haven't tried the Festival Plaza yet, I should check that out.

6w2raT.jpg

O5YtWw.jpg8HWt2V.jpg

All done.

Ice Beam will be the last one. Naive for the better Speed for it being slow and it's good preservance nature gives it more Physical Def.

P4ZCaI.jpgQnEQD2.jpg

Fake Out is good for it's 115 base attk. Getting it this is recommended. Gonna make this one a Sp.Attker to take opponents by surprise since it is actually a higher physical attacker than a Special one. It's base Sp.Attk isn't bad either. :) Giving it Will-O-Wisp for one of the other two moves and went with Naive to have it allow to get better Physical def to have it tank better after burning opponents with Will-O-Wisp. Naive will just dwindle the Sp.Def stat down!

I'm having fun with the games (Sun/Moon). :D

Are yous enjoying it...too?

Edited by PuffPuff

Nope, you're the only person in the world who's enjoying the games. Everyone else hates them. A real pity, I know.