Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I'm thinking of giving Celica Darting Blow and Renewal. Won't patch up her atk as much as Fury or Death Blow, but with Darting Blow and Hone Spd on her, she'll hit 48 Spd when attacking with full HP.

Darting Blow is pretty much only good for dumpstering the Fury Sword lords, and it gets fewer kills overall than Death Blow. But hey, the niche is there, and depending on your team it could be perfect.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

What does everyone generally prefer, Fury or Life and Death? Just wondering since they're similar concepts (stat boosts for other reductions)

@Arcanite I actually didn't realize you changed your profile pic and thought you were a completely different person. But now after seeing that spinning Oboro...

Spoiler

I kinda regret thinking that

Spoiler

Nah I'm kidding, I like your spinning Oboro...

Spoiler

But I feel like it's missing something...

15 minutes ago, Big Smoke said:

What does everyone generally prefer, Fury or Life and Death? Just wondering since they're similar concepts (stat boosts for other reductions)

That really depends on the base strat spread. If the unit has anyway low res and def i go with Life and Death, if the unit has one of those stats at a high point i'll like ot go Fury. Also depends if the unit is more a player phase unit or an enemy phase unit.

25 minutes ago, Big Smoke said:

Depends on matchups, and what you need and/or what you're willing to sacrifice. Want some bulk in addition to some extra speed and attack? Go fury! Do you really only need speed and attack and defenses don't matter? Go Life and death! Also, life and death 3 can't be acquired by 4 star units, while fury 3 can. Ideally, Life and Death wins more matchups too.

7 minutes ago, Falcom said:

@Arcanite I actually didn't realize you changed your profile pic and thought you were a completely different person. But now after seeing that spinning Oboro...

Reveal hidden contents

I kinda regret thinking that

Reveal hidden contents

Nah I'm kidding, I like your spinning Oboro...

Reveal hidden contents

But I feel like it's missing something...

What do you think it's missing?

12 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

What do you think it's missing?

I honestly don't know. I mean it's fine the way it is. But I feel like it needs to be more silly than that.

Spoiler

Spinning Oboro in outer space?

Spoiler

Scratch that. I really don't know.

39 minutes ago, Big Smoke said:

It mostly depends on whether I intend the unit to do anything on enemy phase. A counter killer or both-phase unit will use Fury instead of Life and Death. A unit meant only for player phase will use Life and Death.

2 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I honestly don't know. I mean it's fine the way it is. But I feel like it needs to be more silly than that.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

@Arcanite It needs to both spin and rubber band bounce back and forth at the same time.

Wow I'm definitely grateful of getting Mist in the Radiance banner. She literally is the best healer I've experienced. Kindled-Fire Balm and Spur Def/Res give a good coverage of buffs. Today I trained a bronze Sophia and gave her Seal Spd 3 and I train my units in no-time. An extra dancer would be neat tho!

1 hour ago, Big Smoke said:

I prefer Fury. Life and Death isn't bad at all, don't get me wrong, but Fury is easier to acquire and use overall, and more units can benefit from it than they do Life and Death. LaD is pretty much only for hyper-offense player phase builds sans slower units like Reinhardt who want Death Blow instead.

Fury's drawback adds some skill ceiling in terms of HP management and manipulation, since you can use assists like Reciprocal Aid and Ardent Sacrifice to force procs for skills like Desperation or a Weaponbreaker that require a certain HP%. Even then, Fury doesn't need either assist if you're just looking to drop one of your units below a certain threshold, since most of the time Vantage / Desperation proc after two rounds of combat assuming they have taken no damage.

I'd use LaD more only if they add 4* fodder for it. It's just a huge investment as it is right now outside of Minerva and Hana who get it naturally.

14 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'd use LaD more only if they add 4* fodder for it. It's just a huge investment as it is right now outside of Minerva and Hana who get it naturally.

Jaffar wants a word with you.

Argh! Someone's sheep daughter and a particular slow waifu are the bane of my existence for Lunatic 11-5. Guess who can't do damage to Genny? 3* Raigh and 4* F!Robin with Gronnwolf. Raigh can substitute for Sophia to kill Boey sort of... not really, I just tried it and it failed since his stupid Renewal activated and Raigh not having a +4 attack buff ruined it on the second enemy phase where Boey attacks Raigh. Anyway, but once Genny is involved, everything goes downhill. 4* Donnel leaves Genny with exactly 6 HP which a =Atk 4* Sophia does with +4 to her attack which is how nstyler's strategy works or Mkv how had Dragon Gaze activate on the poor thing.

5 more levels. 5! until Sophia is level 40 and hopefully being merged once does not screw up anything. So much envy to anyone with fast red mages or very high damaging ones like Sanaki.

Also, @MaskedAmpharos, why do you call Genny a "sheep daughter"? Is it because of her fluffy hair which is like a sheep or lamb's wool?

Edited by Kaden

3 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Darting Blow is pretty much only good for dumpstering the Fury Sword lords, and it gets fewer kills overall than Death Blow. But hey, the niche is there, and depending on your team it could be perfect.

I just checked and Death Blow is indeed better but I'm still woefully missing DB3 fodder (I have a couple of 4* heroes that have DB2, but I'm not sure if I want to invest 20k feathers in 1 DB. Maybe my luck will turn and I'll finally pull a Klein). Looking at the calcs though, Fury seems nearly as good as Death Blow 3, though Fury's recoil will make it harder to stay at high health when compounded with Ragnarok's recoil (11 recoil if at full health sounds painful).

In the meantime however, I managed to scrounge enough orbs to do a full pull and I managed to snag a +Def/-Res Celica as well as a my first ever Olwen, who's +Def/-Res.

So, no more -Atk Celica problem lol.

2 hours ago, Falcom said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

I know what it's missing. 

Spoiler

It's missing the blood of her enemies. Like the ones who would try to hurt her sweet Tacomeme. People like you. REPENT SINNER!

7 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I just checked and Death Blow is indeed better but I'm still woefully missing DB3 fodder (I have a couple of 4* heroes that have DB2, but I'm not sure if I want to invest 20k feathers in 1 DB. Maybe my luck will turn and I'll finally pull a Klein). Looking at the calcs though, Fury seems nearly as good as Death Blow 3, though Fury's recoil will make it harder to stay at high health when compounded with Ragnarok's recoil (11 recoil if at full health sounds painful).

In the meantime however, I managed to scrounge enough orbs to do a full pull and I managed to snag a +Def/-Res Celica as well as a my first ever Olwen, who's +Def/-Res.

So, no more -Atk Celica problem lol.

I hope IS will release Swift Sparrow fodder soon. I need it in my life.

Fury pads Celica when not at full health, but that means your Ragnarok boost will pretty much be 1 use only.

GIMME THAT CELICA MINE IS -ATK TOO

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I hope IS will release Swift Sparrow fodder soon. I need it in my life.

GIMME THAT CELICA MINE IS -ATK TOO

I'm honestly surprised Swift Sparrow and Attack Def + are still exclusive to Spring Lucina and Spring Chrom. I also hope they're released on other characters even if they're 5* exclusive. 

You didn't manage to snag this one, 5* thief! 

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It mostly depends on whether I intend the unit to do anything on enemy phase. A counter killer or both-phase unit will use Fury instead of Life and Death. A unit meant only for player phase will use Life and Death.

My Celica is +Atk, -Res, which makes Life and Death a bit more appealing than Fury, I assume?

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Also, @MaskedAmpharos, why do you call Genny a "sheep daughter"? Is it because of her fluffy hair which is like a sheep or lamb's wool?

It's mostly her floofy hair, but also because she has a soul as pure and white as a sheep's wool <3

Also @Ice Dragon I'm curious as to your thoughts on how to build Celica (specifically +Spd/-HP). I'm currently thinking LD/Renewal, but I can be convinced to go Fury if that's better. I don't have the fodder for Swift Sparrow if that comes up. 

46 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I'm honestly surprised Swift Sparrow and Attack Def + are still exclusive to Spring Lucina and Spring Chrom. I also hope they're released on other characters even if they're 5* exclusive. 

You didn't manage to snag this one, 5* thief! 

And the Wo Dao too. Like, goddamn.

Someday I will learn how to check natures before stealing. :(

15 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It's mostly her floofy hair, but also because she has a soul as pure and white as a sheep's wool <3

Also @Ice Dragon I'm curious as to your thoughts on how to build Celica (specifically +Spd/-HP). I'm currently thinking LD/Renewal, but I can be convinced to go Fury if that's better. I don't have the fodder for Swift Sparrow if that comes up. 

For +Spd Celicas, Death Blow actually does better after Atk +1 or Spd +1 is added.

I derped and I thought you said Fury. Anyway, L&D does better than DB on Player Phase, but DB does better than Fury with Sacred Seals.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

22 minutes ago, Eridras said:

My Celica is +Atk, -Res, which makes Life and Death a bit more appealing than Fury, I assume?

18 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I haven't run calcs yet because my spreadsheet has been getting outdated and I seriously need to turn it into an actual executable program.

I'll leave the others to handle calcs on the new characters until I get my things back up to speed.

For calculations, looks like the new people are up (Celica, Boey, Mae, Genny). Go nuts.

Link: https://rocketmo.github.io/feh-damage-calc/

Trivia: Neutral!Celica with Life and Death 3 has... 

101 Wins
3 Losses (Odin, Kagero, Linde)
25 Draws (mostly against Blues, to be expected due to weapon triangle disadvantage)

Edited by Sire

15 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

And the Wo Dao too. Like, goddamn.

Someday I will learn how to check natures before stealing. :(

For +Spd Celicas, Death Blow actually does better after Atk +1 or Spd +1 is added.

I derped and I thought you said Fury. Anyway, L&D does better than DB on Player Phase, but DB does better than Fury with Sacred Seals.

I had forgotten the Wo Dao. Probably because I never got a Karel so I'm better off ignoring the Wo Dao's existence. 

You might have stolen a second -Atk Celica and left me with the -Res one :3