Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, Sophie said:

What would be a good activation skill?

Ideally, people use moonbow since lightning breath increases proc count by 1 (so moonbow will proc in 3 as opposed to 2)

Your +Def Nowi will also appreciate bonfire if you don't mind a 4 turn proc!

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Sophie said:

I mean, I wouldn't be using her right away, she's only 4 star, she is on the planned upgrade list, but I'm not sure when, but regardless I'll train her, if I get another Nowi I can just fuse them off or skill inheritance if I end up giving her more skills.
What would be a good activation skill?

Lightning Breath+ slows special procs, so pretty much none of them happen fast enough to matter.

That said, if you're fighting a heavy red group with the TA-3 build, Bonfire let's her explode something after 2 combats or so. (That is, it'll happen near the end of the second fight or the start of the third, I suggest keeping track of her special growth, and using ignis or bonfire depending on which one is more useful.)

Speaking of Dragons honestly right now i probably would go as far as saying Adult Tiki is the best Dragon in the game that isn't Ninian

but then again i had zero experience using them so lol

Edited by JSND

Just now, JSND said:

Speaking of Dragons honestly right now i probably would go as far as saying Adult Tiki is the best Dragon in the game that isn't Ninian

A!Tiki got bloody shafted by her weapon. Y!Tiki's weapon would've been so good. (Archers do 0 damage regardless, so she doesn't need DC to fight them, and mages explode her anyway, so DC won't help.) Slowing special charge on someone who desperately wants bonfire/ignis up also hurts like hell.

That said, I think F!Corrin has the better spread. Damn nice speed and bulk makes for a good 'sit on fort and murder' unit.

I'm hoping for another green dragon to exist down the line.
I would like to run a dragon team but I can't do much with all these blues and red and not having Fae

I realised I never used Karel so I decided to donate his sword to someone who would use it more often.

O4STtKQ.png

Considering she will usually be under the influence of Goad Fliers (and get some extra bulk from Ward Fliers) she's going to constantly proc moonbow and get that delicious +10 damage bonus.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What if Lighting Breath didn't exist, and all Breaths had built-in Distant Counter to begin with, in addition to their other effect?

I just realized how awkward it is for Distant Counter DStone to hit res when majority of the reason to run DC is to check Mages

fuck my Cecilia PTSD returns

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What if Lighting Breath didn't exist, and all Breaths had built-in Distant Counter to begin with, in addition to their other effect?

Their might would be zoinked to single digits or manaketes would just have lower attack in general

I had built up a pity bonus of 5% in the female mage banner and I hoped it would net me Sanaki, Linde or Julia, but it went and gave me a -Spd Tharja urgh. 

I thought Leo would like Raudhrrblade, but considering mine's -Spd, he won't ever double anything even with goad/hone Cavalry and he doesn't have high enough attack for one-shot build. 

I guess I'll keep her until they release a red mage with Linde's spd

or I'll just give it to Celica or Sanaki.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Their might would be zoinked to single digits or manaketes would just have lower attack in general

I don't think it's necessary. As it stands, they have serious defensive issues, and rather poor offense without inheritance.

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

I just realized how awkward it is for Distant Counter DStone to hit res when majority of the reason to run DC is to check Mages

fuck my Cecilia PTSD returns

Kinda, yeah.

@LuxSpes Celica only loves explosion magic

Spoiler

5badf3553c54c825f6c8f1cf80ab3891e6eaa35e

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

Well, yes. Windsweep by its nature also let's Felicia Iceberg nuke versus Vantage counter users as well.

But do remember that Windsweep prevents follow ups, so 2 charge is more or less the max during player phase. (Barring the rare QR user that's faster than Felicia, why is a unit that fast using QR?) Just realized mages don't need to be faster to QR her, brainfarted.

I kind of assumed that the debuff and follow up killing the physical unit is... obvious, since otherwise we have a dead Felicia once EP rolls around.

Everything we're saying is pretty much obvious from just looking at the build.

A physical opponent would have to literally be made out of broken glass to die to Felicia on player phase. With only 30 Atk, 35 effective Atk after the Rogue Dagger+ debuff, and her inability to double attack due to Windsweep, Felicia needs to activate Iceberg to deal damage. As such, I'd assume this build is meant to use enemy physical units only as a means to activate Rogue Dagger+'s buff to counter kill an enemy mage on the following enemy phase and let her teammates actually finish the deed on the debuffed melee unit.

This talk about lightning breath+ makes me wonder if I should have Adult!Tiki absorb one of my other manaketes for their 1 range breath weapons (she's nice as a archer counter but if she takes no damage she might as well just kill them on player phase).

I have a young!Tiki who I rarely use nowadays but she's +2 and I don't think it's worth it for just her weapon.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

A physical opponent would have to literally be made out of broken glass to die to Felicia on player phase. With only 30 Atk, 35 effective Atk after the Rogue Dagger+ debuff, and her inability to double attack due to Windsweep, Felicia needs to activate Iceberg to deal damage. As such, I'd assume this build is meant to use enemy physical units only as a means to activate Rogue Dagger+'s buff to counter kill an enemy mage on the following enemy phase and let her teammates actually finish the deed on the debuffed melee unit.

That's what I meant by follow up, as in, another unit comes in to kill the physical, not that Felicia kills them herself. I just realized the wording is pretty ambiguous.

Edit:

1 minute ago, HyperBowser said:

This talk about lightning breath+ makes me wonder if I should have Adult!Tiki absorb one of my other manaketes for their 1 range breath weapons (she's nice as a archer counter but if she takes no damage she might as well just kill them on player phase).

I have a young!Tiki who I rarely use nowadays but she's +2 and I don't think it's worth it for just her weapon.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't have merged Y!Tiki, she's the only source for the 'silver' breath variant for some reason. It's fine to keep lightning breath if Y!Tiki's doesn't open up----less MT and slower special hurts, but it's not the end of the world. I guess dark breath is decent if you're sending A!Tiki out into a horde, but that's also where lightning breath does best, since it's annoying to kill even a horde of archers if you don't have DC.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

@LuxSpes Celica is pretty great with the traditional -Blade / Desperation build. It would also patch up her -Atk quite nicely.

On top of that, a stat up like Fury, LaD or even just Atk+ would be icing.

The problem with that is you have to sacrifice a Tharja to grab a Blade tome, and Tharja's the better blade-tomer.

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

That's what I meant by follow up, as in, another unit comes in to kill the physical, not that Felicia kills them herself. I just realized the wording is pretty ambiguous.

Edit:

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't have merged Y!Tiki, she's the only source for the 'silver' breath variant for some reason. It's fine to keep lightning breath if Y!Tiki's doesn't open up----less MT and slower special hurts, but it's not the end of the world. I guess dark breath is decent if you're sending A!Tiki out into a horde, but that's also where lightning breath does best, since it's annoying to kill even a horde of archers if you don't have DC.

I got about three of them in the first week of release bevore they even announced skill inheritance.

She did get overly balanced 42/50/30/30/30 stats out of it though.

Just now, DehNutCase said:

The problem with that is you have to sacrifice a Tharja to grab a Blade tome, and Tharja's the better blade-tomer.

He has a -Spd Tharja. I don't think he'd mind since Spd is usually the worse bane between it and Atk.

2 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I had built up a pity bonus of 5% in the female mage banner and I hoped it would net me Sanaki, Linde or Julia, but it went and gave me a -Spd Tharja urgh. 

I thought Leo would like Raudhrrblade, but considering mine's -Spd, he won't ever double anything even with goad/hone Cavalry and he doesn't have high enough attack for one-shot build. 

I guess I'll keep her until they release a red mage with Linde's spd

or I'll just give it to Celica or Sanaki.

Leo's attack with Blade and Hone Cavalry is as high as Eliwood after Deathblow

Thats actually really high

3 minutes ago, JSND said:

Leo's attack with Blade and Hone Cavalry is as high as Eliwood after Deathblow

Thats actually really high

Leo has a 'terrific' max speed of 25 with a boon, though. 60 66 after DB 3 Atk hitting res is pretty good,but that 1 hit better be a 1HKO since he's not doubling anyone ever. (And he suffers from the fact that Alfonse steals his niche, what with 62 atk with his self-buff up. Sure, Leo's a bit better thanks to mobility + hitting res, but Alfonse is a bonus every 3 seasons.)

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Life and Death Swift Sparrow Ragnarok Celica is still master race screw your Blade tomes

That's exactly what I did with my Celica

7 minutes ago, HyperBowser said:

There are three main reasons to want to counter kill even when you can simply follow up with a player phase attack:

1. Terrain. A ranged unit attacking from the other side of a tile that cannot be walked on cannot be reached on player phase.
  2. Nearby enemy units. Moving in to attack the enemy ranged unit costs you a turn that could otherwise be spent attacking other enemies. Furthermore, if the ranged unit is accompanied by a unit that can kill your unit back, it's unsafe to move in without also killing the accompanying unit (or using positioning assist skills to move your unit back afterwards).
  3. Enemy positioning assist skills. The AI likes to use positioning assist skills when their units are unable to reach yours to attack. Teams with Draw Back, Swap, or Reposition will commonly use those to move the units that just attacked out of the way.