Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Interestingly enough we might not have a new heroes banner this month as a new heroes banner should have replace Fire and Ice, but we got Hero Fest instead.

Obviously, this way they can avoid giving us a demote until January, because we all know IS is deathly allergic to them 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Obviously, this way they can avoid giving us a demote until January, because we all know IS is deathly allergic to them 

I doubt we'll even get one from the RD banner as it seems like it'll be royals only

13 minutes ago, DarkAlf said:

Keep saving for your goal!  If Idunn becomes summonable, I think you'll absolutely get her to +10!  Fingers crossed!

Thanks, I don't plan on actually going for +10 but I appreciate the thought. Though Idunn would probably be armor dragon whalebait so it wouldn't be a bad investment.

13 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Interestingly enough we might not have a new heroes banner this month as a new heroes banner should have replace Fire and Ice, but we got Hero Fest instead.

We're probably getting Christmas next because IS didn't have a banner associated with Book 3's addition. Then we'll get New Years before the Radiant Dawn/Laguz banner in January, Valentine's in February, and Binding Blade in March, and whatever banners are in-between those. Then we have Spring, brides, three two swimsuit banners...

21 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I doubt we'll even get one from the RD banner as it seems like it'll be royals only

Ah but there is only one female laguz royal, so a laguz royal only banner would have a gender ratio skewed towards males, which is obviously a taboo and thus would never happen 

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Has Hero Fest ever outright replaced a banner before?

Nope, never.

3 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Ah but there is only one female laguz royal, so a laguz royal only banner would have a gender ratio skewed towards males, which is obviously a taboo and thus would never happen 

Leanne can be a thing.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Leanne can be a thing.

As much as I like Leanne, Reyson should get in first considering he is the closest thing we have to heron representative among the Laguz royals (since his dad never shows up).

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

As much as I like Leanne, Reyson should get in first considering he is the closest thing we have to heron representative among the Laguz royals (since his dad never shows up).

I do expect Reyson before Leanne, but if they desperately need another laguz royal girl, Leanne is their only choice.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I do expect Reyson before Leanne, but if they desperately need another laguz royal girl, Leanne is their only choice.

Sanaki was in the game before Ike, there are no rules.

1 hour ago, Mackc2 said:

Armoured dancers, is a dancer with decreased reach and increase combat potential supposed to sounds useful?

Armoured dancer wouldn't be for their combat (unless they're ranged), it'd be so they can carry Hone/Goad/Fort/Ward Armor as a dancer.

Horse Dancers, on the other hand, would be for their ridiculous 3 move + dance & and Hone/Goad thing. (Which is why they shouldn't be printed---the game needs a lot of changes before it's ready to handle Horse Dancers, in my opinion.)

1 hour ago, Mackc2 said:

But armours really don't need a dancer on their team, with the exception of Jacob their job is stand in the enemies range and kill them, then walk up to one of the other enemies that have made their way over and stab them too 

Jakob is far from the only armor with a viable player phase, and even enemy phase armors can benefit from additional flexibility.

52 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I don't see a reason to assume that. Ranulf would fit in plenty well, and I think he's the next highest-scoring laguz.

11 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

This change is welcomed:

Absolutely. I liked this little but at the same time massive QoL change a huge lot. See, they can improve their UI when they want to, not only drive it into the ground.

@Vaximillian How do you like sad/goth Sharena so far? I was a little disappointed she was a dagger unit. Thought she would be something new, for example colorless sword. 

Also did you try if the whitewings need to meet the "2 flying allies within 2 spaces" requirement for the brave effect? The English description isn't clear in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Vaximillian How do you like sad/goth Sharena so far? I was a little disappointed she was a dagger unit. Thought she would be something new, for example colorless sword. 

Also did you try if the whitewings need to meet the "2 flying allies within 2 spaces" requirement for the brave effect? The English description isn't clear in my opinion. 

I’m indifferent about her as a character yet but I like her design a lot. I’m also indifferent about her as a unit because I haven’t used her yet, waiting for Friday.

Yes, both effects depend on flying allies. To me the description is perfectly clear.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I’m indifferent about her as a character yet but I like her design a lot. I’m also indifferent about her as a unit because I haven’t used her yet, waiting for Friday

Mine got leveled up in the story chapters.

About the level 40 conversation (minor spoiler):

Spoiler

Indifferent hits the nail

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yes, both effects depend on flying allies. To me the description is perfectly clear.

Ah, too bad. They had the condition in another sentence. If you have the "brave" sentence alone, it could have been ... 

Perhaps I'll promote an Est then ... 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Perhaps I'll promote an Est then ... 

You can’t spell best without Est. Est says fuck you to Surtrs and Grimas, and asks for more. You can also say fuck you to Surtrs and Grimas in a more conventional way by using Palla. And Catria is just the queen of the skies, as she’s supposed to be.

The Whitewing sisters are awesome now.

44 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

A New Banner will have to be coming in the next couple days because the one with Ward Skills ends in 2 days and they aren't gonna just have one Banner going on at a time~ Might be the Refine one~

My understanding is that there's always exactly one "miscellaneous rerun" banner at a time. Could be this month's New Power, or another skill-based one.

If they post the new calendar soon, we'll know in advance.

I am thinking Christmas banner will be really soon.  We should be getting the new calendar tomorrow, since they have been coming on the 12th of the month for awhile now.