Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

58 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

And this time, only 1 unit has a prf weapon, which in my opinion is good. Last time I went with their prf weapon instead of using generic ones.

It would be nice if they could be given prf weapons from other characters, as long as they are the same weapon type, though

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Really not a fan of the Hall of Forms selection. Groom Marth is meh, Bride Caeda is one of the most underwhelming mages in existence at this point. Draug is massively outdated without a prf and Merric is just meh. I like the theme they went for. It's just... this mode is a good chance for people to try out units they'd otherwise never try and well... everyone has tried these units or simply doesn't need to.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

everyone has tried these units or simply doesn't need to.

Speak for yourself! I'm super happy to try out these units as I havent really given any of them a chance. Just because you don't care, doesn't mean everyone else feels the same you know.

16 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Speak for yourself! I'm super happy to try out these units as I havent really given any of them a chance. Just because you don't care, doesn't mean everyone else feels the same you know.

Realize that you're covering only one spectrum of the playerbase. new players, mid point ones and veterans. Veterans already have most of everything and have likely tried everything. Mid point players while they may or may not have given these units a chance it's more than likely they've pulled at least one (if not) multiple copies of these units (except in the case of Bridal Caeda in which case, even the newly released Bruunya is a better unit overall). That leaves one third of the playerbase which is the only that would likely be excited or even interested at the prospect of using these units.

I have nothing against the characters, but as far as units go there were far more interesting choices.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Realize that you're covering only one spectrum of the playerbase. new players, mid point ones and veterans. Veterans already have most of everything and have likely tried everything. Mid point players while they may or may not have given these units a chance it's more than likely they've pulled at least one (if not) multiple copies of these units (except in the case of Bridal Caeda in which case, even the newly released Bruunya is a better unit overall). That leaves one third of the playerbase which is the only that would likely be excited or even interested at the prospect of using these units.

I have nothing against the characters, but as far as units go there were far more interesting choices.

well unless they are like those people who try for Caeda - but only get Charlotte (If none of them). 

I have to say - i think the point of hall of forms (heh i wrote fjorms), is just to have fun with new units period. it doesn't matter if Brunnya is a better unit (or Fallen Delthea or whomever), you can play with a seasonal you may/may not have, and then play dressup barbie with them. it will be intriguing (and somewhat difficult with draug being armour as there will be no guidance-nigans applicable). but it should be still be fun. 

i mean last time we had celica (whom is tied/tested/true but i still had fun playing with skills and tomes for her), Alm (which i don't like his Brave variant and at the time didn't have his brave variant), and let me play with mae who i like but will never be able to build up - and Boey whom i'll probably never build up. 

so underwhelming as Caeda could be it can also give people the idea (which. i see you is) if you give them whatever they could be passible, do some damage etc etc

Is there a better way to protect Grail units from being accidentally used while not taking up Barracks space?

Right now, I am at like close to 1,100 occupied spaces, and I really do not want to get rid of copies of 3*/4* units that have ideal natures, even if I they are copies of units I do not frequently use.

One solution right now to free up space is to Manualize all my extra Grail units, but if I book them, they cannot be favorited any more and I worry that I might accidentally fodder them or send them home.

Ideally, I want to merge them all up to save space, but I do not have the Feathers to do that, and I have every single copy of every Grail unit ever released, so that is a lot of Feathers to go through.

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Yeah, this. I've of course used Groom Marth and Draug a good bit, but I've never had Bride Caeda and I've almost never used Merric.

You don't speak for all of us, Zeo.

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

Really not a fan of the Hall of Forms selection. Groom Marth is meh, Bride Caeda is one of the most underwhelming mages in existence at this point. Draug is massively outdated without a prf and Merric is just meh. I like the theme they went for. It's just... this mode is a good chance for people to try out units they'd otherwise never try and well... everyone has tried these units or simply doesn't need to.

I agree, I'm not a hugeeee fan of these units. I really like the Hall of Forma thing though, so it might still be fun, especially since we have to build them from absolute scratch, but I have limited care about these characters. I've tried 0 of these units and I have 0 desire too. Lol.

Yeah, I’m also not really feeling this selection of units. I’ve barely used groom Marth despite having him since his TT from 2018 and I quickly forgot I even had bride Caeda after pulling her earlier this year.

Sure, Zeo can’t speak for everyone but he isn’t incorrect in calling this group of units underwhelming because they really kinda are.

38 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I’m also not really feeling this selection of units. I’ve barely used groom Marth despite having him since his TT from 2018 and I quickly forgot I even had bride Caeda after pulling her earlier this year.

Sure, Zeo can’t speak for everyone but he isn’t incorrect in calling this group of units underwhelming because they really kinda are.

To be fair any group of units that includes First Year Unit (unless that unit it's Hector) it will feel underwhelming, that is a fact.

Just now, Troykv said:

To be fair any group of units that includes First Year Unit (unless that unit it's Hector) it will feel underwhelming, that is a fact.

Hector is not the only amazing year 1 unit. Celica, Klein, Brave Heroes units, etc. are all pretty strong to ridiculously amazing. Sonya and Lilina are down right terrifying on Aether Raids defense if you are not prepared to deal with them.

Cordelia with no Refine yet is still a staple 35/35 powerhouse that all nukes have their stat line compared to.

Reinhardt is still a core component for many Player Phase teams to deal with high pressure modes like Abyssal and Aether Raids.

Brave Ike is probably the best year 1 unit period now thanks to his refine and mixed tanking skills! No way is Hector the only good year one unit. And besides that, regular Hector now is underwhelming anyway because his LA and legendary versions outdo him.

Honestly I don't care about what units are picked for Hall of Forms. They could have told us to use Hector, Bector, Hector+Lilina, and Brave Camilla, but at the end of the day half of what makes a unit is their Personal skills. And that kinda dampened the last Hall of Forms for me, because by the end the only one who didn't have their Prf weapon was Celica.

Here, the only unit with a Prf is Merric, and his only barely manages to get a pass because it requires him to hover near Caeda. So I'm now required to try and reach the end of Hall of Forms using whatever weapons I can get ahold of, rather than just waiting for the Prf to appear.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Brave Ike is probably the best year 1 unit period now thanks to his refine and mixed tanking skills! No way is Hector the only good year one unit.

Maybe strong opinion, but I kinda don't like Brave Ike anymore.
...I'm not saying he's bad (he's not), in fact I'm saying the opposite: he's TOO good. Aside from Ophelia and other AoE special users, the only thing that can truly kill him is isolating him from units like Brave Lucina (with her refined Geirskogul) or Infantry Breath, or otherwise disabling his ability to access infinite Aethers and just chipping him. He completely trivializes the entire game, and he's honestly part of the reason why I'm barely playing anymore: because even with the little amount of "fun" I was having, at least I was still being challenged. Now everything is just one big joke, and it's because Brave Ike.

Probably the sickest joke is that he's a free unit (not even a limited time unit or Heroic Grail unit, he's from the disguised achievements guide thing), meaning that even a brand new player can access his overpowered shenanigans if they soft-reset for Brave Lucina or Nah.

...hm, maybe it's not Ike I don't like then. It's Urvan.

Edited by Xenomata

11 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...hm, maybe it's not Ike I don't like then. It's Urvan.

Yeah. You don't like Urvan, because without Urvan Ike is kinda meh.

I still have problems with Brave Ikes attacking my team in AR, but when I am attacking, he is not a issue.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

As someone who tends to struggle with AR and some infernal or abyssal difficulty maps, I'm glad Brave Ike is as good as he is lol. Christmas Sothis looks to be a similar godsend for me. I have to try using these two together more often! Well, provided I can give them the right support as well.

I actually don't have a lot of trouble beating enemy Brave Ikes either, but that might be due to him being a physical unit that I can just wall with Frederick or my own Brave Ike. lol

I struggle way more with annoying units like Fallen Corrin and Fallen Tiki.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I actually don't have a lot of trouble beating enemy Brave Ikes either, but that might be due to him being a physical unit that I can just wall with Frederick or my own Brave Ike. lol

Yeah. Ike works better as a enemy phase. If the player can bait him, he will not be a threat, since he has low Spd and Res.

Maybe Threaten Atk/Def would be a good skill for him, since if the player tries to bait him, Ike will inflict Atk/Def-5 and receive Atk/Def+5... once we get the skill, of course.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah. Ike works better as a enemy phase. If the player can bait him, he will not be a threat, since he has low Spd and Res.

Oh yeah, this too. It is easier to bait him on enemy phase than to attack him on player phase.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

One solution right now to free up space is to Manualize all my extra Grail units, but if I book them, they cannot be favorited any more and I worry that I might accidentally fodder them or send them home.

The way I do it is pretty similar to yours, what with keeping good IVs for all units, even the garbage units that probably wouldn't get built.

After that, I always keep 1 favorited copy of a grail unit in the barracks for use/HM farming, 2 if said unit isn't already 5* (mostly so if I did 5* one to fodder off, I could level it to 40 for the confession thing).

Right now I've been maintaining a barrack count of high 500s, with my cap being 660.

Yeah I'm not at all against Ike as an enemy: quite frankly, he's a joke as an enemy when his whole THING is rended useless.

But when I'm using him... well, I said my bit. Man, the fact that I+10ed him doesn't make matters any better, either...

@XRay I don't... huh.

I only have one copy of each hero, and that includes Grail heroes (keep the lowest rarity copy, book the rest of them), so I'm only sitting at like 575 or 600 barrack space. I just... know who's a Grail hero, to. Maybe it's because I've summoned every other 3*/4* hero in the game so many times compared to the minimum 3 times I seen the "summoning" scene of the Grail heroes, but it's a relatively simple reflex for me: don't touch them unless it's for a merge.

But uh... you sure you need that many heroes? I mean, you only ever need like 28 for a full Arena Assault run, and unless the AI just really sucks you shouldn't even be going through every selected hero in a Grand Conquest battle.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Maybe Threaten Atk/Def would be a good skill for him, since if the player tries to bait him, Ike will inflict Atk/Def-5 and receive Atk/Def+5... once we get the skill, of course.

It wouldn't cover his movement range unfortunately... such a skill is only really powerful on armours. For example, if there was an armour with a personal Threaten Spectrum skill, that would be really scary.

8 hours ago, Zeo said:

For trying out different units, Grand Conquest/Rival Domains exist. The point of Hall of Forms is the unique progression mechanic.

19 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Yeah I'm not at all against Ike as an enemy: quite frankly, he's a joke as an enemy when his whole THING is rended useless.

But when I'm using him... well, I said my bit. Man, the fact that I+10ed him doesn't make matters any better, either...

@XRay I don't... huh.

I only have one copy of each hero, and that includes Grail heroes (keep the lowest rarity copy, book the rest of them), so I'm only sitting at like 575 or 600 barrack space. I just... know who's a Grail hero, to. Maybe it's because I've summoned every other 3*/4* hero in the game so many times compared to the minimum 3 times I seen the "summoning" scene of the Grail heroes, but it's a relatively simple reflex for me: don't touch them unless it's for a merge.

But uh... you sure you need that many heroes? I mean, you only ever need like 28 for a full Arena Assault run, and unless the AI just really sucks you shouldn't even be going through every selected hero in a Grand Conquest battle.

Yeah, I manual all but two copies of my grail units and I've always been able to remember which ones they are.

For Hall of Forms, the real question we should be asking is are we going to actually be able to fully +10 our units this time around? Back in the SoV HoF, I did fumble a couple times, and I did replace skills on units a couple times as well, but even then I only managed to get up to +6 on average with my units. Even if I had had 0 deaths and no skill replacement, I wouldn't have been able to get up to +10 without leaving skills off of them. That...kinda sucks, and I hope that'll change this time. Probably won't, considering IS is allergic to making good ideas better, but a man can dream.

1 hour ago, Azuni said:

The way I do it is pretty similar to yours, what with keeping good IVs for all units, even the garbage units that probably wouldn't get built.

After that, I always keep 1 favorited copy of a grail unit in the barracks for use/HM farming, 2 if said unit isn't already 5* (mostly so if I did 5* one to fodder off, I could level it to 40 for the confession thing).

Right now I've been maintaining a barrack count of high 500s, with my cap being 660.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

@XRay I don't... huh.

I feel a little paranoid about accidentally sending them home. While I generally know who is a Grail unit and who is not, I sometimes do forget. When I am looking up skill fodder online, I see Rutger having Slaying Edge or Astram got Wrath, I then remember having a few copies of them and thinking of maybe foddering them. But then when I go into the game, I see that I favorited and marked them as Grail units, so that helps remind me to not touch them.

I am pretty sure I do not have to worry about foddering ranged units since I remember clearly which is a Grail unit and which one is not. However, I cannot say the same about melee units since I do not pay much attention to them.

48 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I have no idea how hall of forms works cause I wasnt around for its debut

But FEH isn't FEH without m o a r g a m e m o d e s

You're essentially given four specific units you have to use for the mode (first one had Brave Alm, Celica, Mae and Boey), but they all start with just a basic weapon (a Silver+ weapon) and at Lvl 10. After each map, you'll be given the option of either adding or changing a skill on the unit that scored the first KO in that map from a random selection, or you can just give that unit a merge if none of the skills are to your liking. Each time, you'll get the choice between a weapon, an assist, a special, an A Passive, a B Passive, a C Passive, or a sacred seal.