Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

15 minutes ago, Hilda said:

that Merric is sitting on 56 SPD: 38 base + 5 weapon + 7 Swift sparrow 3 + 6 Darting Blow. His Special is SpD based and 29 Res isnt exactly stellar nowadays and that Marths Repell skill isnt cutting any dmg, so whats the surprise here? Your merric is also benefiting from Arena unit buffs judging by his HP soooo?

I was just personally dumbfounded that that was even a kill. That's about it, really.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

14 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Edit: I tested Witchy Wand+ on Fallen Corrin and her special counter didn't change at all... stayed on zero.

Wait.... what? No that can't be right... that's not fair. That's breaking the rules.

It's one thing to give a pulse effect to enemy units for the sake of difficulty... but making them impervious to specific abilities to pad difficulty goes against the game's mechanics. That's utter trash, I really really hope that's a bug that's unrelated to this or they simply roll that decision back. This is literally one of the things that makes Melancholy such a good staff...

Huge step back.

That's certainly odd. I'm not going to say it's out of line, but if they want to do that, they should have it implemented through special enemy-only seals, not just... changing the rules.

Wow, yeah, I agree. If they're actually breaking their own rules for the sake of trying to make something harder (which they didn't really. It just makes it more difficult to use certain themed teams as far as I can tell, at least with Ashnard's map), that is unfair.

Huh. They had the chance for the Fallen Corrins to team up as wild dragons, but instead they use F Fallen Corrin and M Fallen Robin. ... Okay...?

I don't mind this new feature... Non-reinforcements map are pretty easy, so having something to give it a little more challenge is welcomed by me. Not that it made the map more difficult, but still... It just made Enemy Phase teams not that viable as before.

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

Wait.... what? No that can't be right... that's not fair. That's breaking the rules.

It's one thing to give a pulse effect to enemy units for the sake of difficulty... but making them impervious to specific abilities to pad difficulty goes against the game's mechanics. That's utter trash, I really really hope that's a bug that's unrelated to this or they simply roll that decision back. This is literally one of the things that makes Melancholy such a good staff...

Huge step back.

No, that's not a bug. That's exactly how a 0-cooldown Special skill would work in this game, and that's exactly what Ashnard has.

42 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No, that's not a bug. That's exactly how a 0-cooldown Special skill would work in this game, and that's exactly what Ashnard has.

If they want to give Ashnard a 0-cooldown special, they should properly build it into his skillset rather than having his skills arbitrarily function differently than the same skills do on other units. Say, give him an enemy-exclusive "Infernal Blessing N" seal with the effect "Cooldown count -N".

45 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I want a 0 cooldown Special. I think it would be neat for a Duo unit to change its allies' Special to 0 cooldown for a turn. Super tanks would have a field day in Aether Raids spamming Aether!

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

If they want to give Ashnard a 0-cooldown special, they should properly build it into his skillset rather than having his skills arbitrarily function differently than the same skills do on other units. Say, give him an enemy-exclusive "Infernal Blessing N" seal with the effect "Cooldown count -N".

They've been giving boss units the equivalent of an invisible Quickened Pulse ∞ for ages now. How is it that that gets a pass, but this doesn't, besides "you don't like it this time"?

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They've been giving boss units the equivalent of an invisible Quickened Pulse ∞ for ages now. How is it that that gets a pass, but this doesn't, besides "you don't like it this time"?

1. Starting a battle at lower cooldown than the unit's skillset gives reason for is at least possible through multi-map battles, this isn't possible anywhere.
  2. Ambiguity. It was established a long time ago that enemies could have invisible pulse effects and that you could just look at their starting cooldown to tell what was different at the start, with things being normal after that. Now, people expect it to mean that but it could mean a permanent change instead, and the only way to tell is to check the number in the skill's description.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Starting a battle at lower cooldown than the unit's skillset gives reason for is at least possible through multi-map battles, this isn't possible anywhere.

Multi-map battles didn't exist when starting at a lower cooldown was first implemented (I believe that was Michalis's Grand Hero Battle).

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Ambiguity. It was established a long time ago that enemies could have invisible pulse effects and that you could just look at their starting cooldown to tell what was different at the start, with things being normal after that. Now, people expect it to mean that but it could mean a permanent change instead, and the only way to tell is to check the number in the skill's description.

Checking a number in a skill description is not difficult nor out-of-the-way. You should be checking enemy stats at the beginning of a map anyways. One more tap on the Special skill isn't going to kill you.

Yeah, I didn’t even notice the zero count on either Ashnard or Fallen F!Corrin. Honestly, they needed a little extra something to spice these reinforcement-less challenge maps up.

That, and I’m numb to the concept of the computer players in games blatantly cheating. The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard exists as a trope for a reason.

45 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Multi-map battles didn't exist when starting at a lower cooldown was first implemented (I believe that was Michalis's Grand Hero Battle).

Checking a number in a skill description is not difficult nor out-of-the-way. You should be checking enemy stats at the beginning of a map anyways. One more tap on the Special skill isn't going to kill you.

Michalis's GHB is up today and he does have reduced cooldown even on Lunatic, so yeah, that predates multi-map battles. Regardless, it's a rationale that works now, and was how I thought about those decreased starting cooldowns for a long time before this, so I think it explains perfectly well why this new mechanic is getting more complaints now than the pulse effect did in the ~3 years since multi-map battles were introduced. Even before they were added, I'd say it's more intuitively understandable to arbitrarily change starting conditions to ones that could reasonably come up mid-battle than to make this kind of permanent change without an explanation.

In all other situations so far, skills can be identified based on how they're displayed in the unit's profile: between names and icons, all the information is there. This breaks from that precedent, making the first case of variation beyond that. So either it's a completely unnecessary exception to a perfectly good rule, which is annoying, or it's the beginning of a new precedent of variations, which is worse.

I don't particularly care whether or not you like these explanations. You asked why I'm not giving this the same pass, and I've explained it. I do not think there is anything further to say here.

Interesting... I can’t say I have noticed either Ashnard OR Corrin’s special cooldown not moving yet, so it hasn’t bothered me... for now. I don’t know how I feel, but I do wish they would tell us directly instead of having to force poor Adriana T. over there to be IS’s message deliverer lol.

Speaking of, I always wonder how many messages the Support Team goes through each day... specifically, how many complaints they gotta work through and deliver to the higher ups, hoping that they actually listen.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Michalis's GHB is up today and he does have reduced cooldown even on Lunatic, so yeah, that predates multi-map battles. Regardless, it's a rationale that works now, and was how I thought about those decreased starting cooldowns for a long time before this, so I think it explains perfectly well why this new mechanic is getting more complaints now than the pulse effect did in the ~3 years since multi-map battles were introduced. Even before they were added, I'd say it's more intuitively understandable to arbitrarily change starting conditions to ones that could reasonably come up mid-battle than to make this kind of permanent change without an explanation.

In all other situations so far, skills can be identified based on how they're displayed in the unit's profile: between names and icons, all the information is there. This breaks from that precedent, making the first case of variation beyond that. So either it's a completely unnecessary exception to a perfectly good rule, which is annoying, or it's the beginning of a new precedent of variations, which is worse.

I don't particularly care whether or not you like these explanations. You asked why I'm not giving this the same pass, and I've explained it. I do not think there is anything further to say here.

ok making the change retroactive on older maps is kinda bad for new players 😕

26 minutes ago, Hilda said:

ok making the change retroactive on older maps is kinda bad for new players 😕

I'm confused about what you're talking about changing retroactively.

18 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm confused about what you're talking about changing retroactively.

unless i misunderstood your post, you said the change was also made to Michalis GHB?

11 minutes ago, Hilda said:

unless i misunderstood your post, you said the change was also made to Michalis GHB?

No, Michalis GHB has the "start with a lower cooldown but function normally after the first use" thing they've been doing forever.

Looks like I phrased it ambiguously - that was about the "pulse" version, not the "slaying" version.

Edited by Othin

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

No, Michalis GHB has the "start with a lower cooldown but function normally after the first use" thing they've been doing forever.

Looks like I phrased it ambiguously - that was about the "pulse" version, not the "slaying" version.

ah ok thank you for clarifying that, guess everythings then good 😄

So bosses with infinite specials will be a thing on Hero Battle maps with no reinforcements. Nice as long as you can drop the woke boss quickly or at least kite it. 

We didn't get bride/groom silhouettes. I could've sworn they'd show tonight because the banner comes on the 20th, meaning the trailer would be tomorrow night just three days before.