Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Well, I don't see a topic for it yet, so I'll just put my guesses here for the new silhouettes.

The one on the right looks like Yarne to me. The left one... Not sure. I feel like it's just barely escaping me- WAIT IS THAT ELM? Oh shoot I'm sure that's Elm! So, looks like we're for sure getting a bunny and a bat this year! (Makes sense -- looks like we're going into the Year of the Rabbit. We might see Panne this year, too.) Which means we may be getting a duo Askr, too. Just not sure if they're going to put him with Elmbla or Ash yet. Man, I'm so excited for this banner! X3

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Which means we may be getting a duo Askr, too. Just not sure if they're going to put him with Elmbla or Ash yet. Man, I'm so excited for this banner! X3

personally I suspect they'll be holding out Ash and Askr for the Valentine banner. Them being daddy and daughter fits with the family theming of those banners.

I'm expecting Panne on the banner and Yarne as the Tempest Trials reward, which is the reverse of their normal versions.

Elm is probably on the banner (though he could replace Yarne as the Tempest Trials reward), which means I'm expecting to see Ash, Askr, and Embla somewhere on the banner. Ash + Askr (Ash in front) and Askr + Embla (either in front, though Embla is more likely since she has the more desirable skills) are both plausible options for the Duo Heroes. The former would be cute and is probably more likely, but I really want to see how Embla would respond to being stuck with Askr.

No one has mentioned that the two silhouettes look like they are holding hands have they?  Which means this is probably the duo/harmonic for the banner.  Yarne is on the right and I think that may be Elm on the left.  Of course I could be wrong on the holding hands, but that is sure what it looks like to me.  Though it could also be Elm slapping Yarne which would make sense, but I still think the hands are too close to not be a duo/harmonic.

37 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

No one has mentioned that the two silhouettes look like they are holding hands have they?

I'm seeing "Elm" with his left hand open and outstretched toward the viewer. The two projections upward would be his thumb on the left and index finger on the right, and the remaining fingers overlap "Yarne's" hand.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm seeing "Elm" with his left hand open and outstretched toward the viewer. The two projections upward would be his thumb on the left and index finger on the right, and the remaining fingers overlap "Yarne's" hand.

I guess I am just seeing things, though I still think the art is really close to be 2 different units.  Well I will just have to see how wrong I end up being.

2 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I guess I am just seeing things, though I still think the art is really close to be 2 different units.  Well I will just have to see how wrong I end up being.

I'm thinking that they're not close enough to be a single unit. The art for Duo and Harmonized Heroes needs to fit on a mobile screen in portrait orientation, and this usually means that the characters overlap even more. And I think we've also historically had silhouettes that overlap even more than this.

Also, it looks like "Elm's" silhouette is his attacking art, whereas "Yarne's" is his idle art.

I can't understand their reasoning for giving us trailer and all 4 days before the banner goes live. IDK, i feel like 2 days apart is generally what they go for? It feels like it's taking forever for the banner to drop. It's not im excited for it or anything, 3* Wrys will be my first pull of 2023, wohoo.

1 hour ago, Sil/phire said:

I can't understand their reasoning for giving us trailer and all 4 days before the banner goes live.

They probably dropped it early so everyone (including the interns) could go home for New Year's and not worry about this game for a couple of days.

I'm not really a New Years Resolutions person, but I think I'll "resolve" to spend less money on the games I play, ESPECIALLY Fire Emblem Heroes, which has been the biggest money sink of my entire life, all 25 years of it.

Maybe recording all of my in-game purchases will help with that...

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

If you are on Android, you can check your purchase history. When I checked mine about a year or two ago, it really put things into perspective. Haha!

10 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I'm not really a New Years Resolutions person, but I think I'll "resolve" to spend less money on the games I play, ESPECIALLY Fire Emblem Heroes, which has been the biggest money sink of my entire life, all 25 years of it.

That might help. There was a period of a few years where I did spend money on this game. I had a document where I recorded all my spendings on this game and I kept a running total of how much I'd sunk into the game so far. Eventually, I ended up setting a limit for myself. "If I spend more money on this game than I did for my Switch, that is too much for me".

It's worked for me at least. I haven't spent money since, uh ... the starter pack with legendary Sothis, I think.

I have spent enough on just three gacha games for more than  what my spending on all games prior had been, this from the times of the gameboy advance to the ps4, where i stopped and switched to gachas and steam. I was pretty destructive about my solutions to it, too. I still spend, but my spending has switched to mostly cosmetics. Here in FEH, i'm really just waiting for Resplendent F!Corrin and few others from Fates and Awekening, but I am confident I will never buy orb packs or any other type of packs from the game again.

I"m very sure this year will the year I spend the least on games, lol.

When Heroes first launched, I looked at the orb prices, thought about how Smash Bros sells DLC characters for like $5 each, and decided that Heroes characters costing even that much would be questionable. Coming up on 6 years now, and I still haven't spent a cent.

Given that I've still gotten most of the units I want even without spending money, I'm quite happy with that call.

Edited by Othin

Oh hey, didn't know about the Android purchase history since I don't really use any other paid apps (besides one for Picross).

Looks like my totals are:
2017: $103 AUD
2018: $6 AUD
2020: $6 AUD
2022: $6 AUD

The last three would be those BK/Sothis value meal thingies, while most of the 2017 purchases would have been done in a post-surgery stupor back then which brought me pretty immediate regret. I think those orbs mostly just got me a Julia.

$121 AUD total, which with the current exchange rate that's about $82 USD. In practice it'd have been a bit bit more as the exchange rate is at a relative trough.

I don't know if I'll ever spend again, but I do have ~$15 sitting in my Play account that I can't see myself spending on anything else. I was considering a month of FEH Pass with Resplendent Lucina's launch, but Gordin put the kibosh on that. Maybe if the next resplendent is absolutely top tier?

15 hours ago, Xenomata said:

That's what I've been doing. I have a spreadsheet that keeps track of the date and amount of each purchase I make, which game it was for, and the reason for each purchase (e.g. "forma soul pack", "such-and-such banner").

Since I keep a monthly budget, I make a new sheet for each month (starting on the 15th of each month), which lets me keep track of how much I spend each month and also gives me a running total of how much I've so far spent in the current month.

I spent all told maybe $120 on the game over the years, though now being an android user I will only be spending google rewards and google play points from now on.  Considering I have played from day 1 I don't feel to bad about the $120 since I have had a lot of fun with it over the years.

Y'all who are still only in the early 3-digit amounts at worst... yeah pretty sure if I were to go through my entire purchase history, I'd just burn up my wallet and become one with nature.

Edited by Xenomata

I spent more than what I think would be sane, but I don't really regret my previous spending. Most likely because I don't make spur-of-the-moment purchases or decisions. Before I bought any orb pack, I would think a lot -- and I do mean A LOT -- on whether I really did want to make a purchase. Sometimes it took me several days to finally convince myself that yes I'm going to do it and I won't regret it. The amount of thinking I had to do to even make the purchases helps me not regret it. But I also don't wanna do it anymore.

Edited by Sunwoo

On 1/2/2023 at 7:22 AM, Othin said:

When Heroes first launched, I looked at the orb prices, thought about how Smash Bros sells DLC characters for like $5 each, and decided that Heroes characters costing even that much would be questionable. Coming up on 6 years now, and I still haven't spent a cent.

Given that I've still gotten most of the units I want even without spending money, I'm quite happy with that call.

Yeah, I don't really get spending money on heroes. It's so crazy generous to free to play players I feel there's no incentive to aoend money even if I had cash to spare. One of the few times I did spend money way back when I was trying to get new released Duma and after spending like twenty euro on orbs thinking the pity rate was high enough that I was sure to get him,  I didn't. And then like a month later they gave away Duma for free in some kind of event. Anyone I've wanted I've just eventually got by continuously playing. The only thing I lack by being free to play is merges for high quality units, but imo not being ablento steam roll abyssal maps on stats alone makes the game better.

Edited by Jotari

I've spent a fair share of money into the game but never too much to regret it later. I don't intend on doing stuff like +10 premium Heroes, so it's not like I need to spend much on the game.

Also I'm positive I haven't purchased any of the normal-valued packs since Year 2 or so. I always buy the cheaper orb packs with bonus stuff and that's usually enough for me if I ever want to buy orbs.

44 minutes ago, Jave said:

I've spent a fair share of money into the game but never too much to regret it later. I don't intend on doing stuff like +10 premium Heroes, so it's not like I need to spend much on the game.

Also I'm positive I haven't purchased any of the normal-valued packs since Year 2 or so. I always buy the cheaper orb packs with bonus stuff and that's usually enough for me if I ever want to buy orbs.

You sound exactly like the kind of person who will be shocked to discover how much they've spent  by looking at their playstore.