Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, phineas81707 said:

My Alfie was in the middle of being raised after a promotion. He's level 31 now, but I think I'll gun for those rewards once Alfie has enough SP for Death Blow 3.

This is an intentionally vague goal.

As long as Alfonse has like 20 speed (enough to avoid the double from Michalis), he should have no problems smacking Michalis to death thanks to WTA and high bulk. The map is really easy since a star rating worth of difference at level 40 is basically -2 to all stats, and an additional -5 for Atk due to the lack of 5* weapon. (I had Alfonse at 40 from being a guaranteed arena unit---his bulk and high damage actually means he fills Lucina's spot on the team pretty well. Not perfectly, since he only covers greens, but I have Cordelia for everyone who isn't green.)

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

As long as Alfonse has like 20 speed (enough to avoid the double from Michalis), he should have no problems smacking Michalis to death thanks to WTA and high bulk. The map is really easy since a star rating worth of difference at level 40 is basically -2 to all stats, and an additional -5 for Atk due to the lack of 5* weapon. (I had Alfonse at 40 from being a guaranteed arena unit---his bulk and high damage actually means he fills Lucina's spot on the team pretty well. Not perfectly, since he only covers greens, but I have Cordelia for everyone who isn't green.)

...Then mine still needs experience. He has 19 Speed.

I'll try to keep that goal in mind, though. (What will stop me is I have an exam between now and the next time Alfie will be fed experience).

I wonder if we'll get another banner on 6/27 besides the healer gauntlet (because who is going to spend precious orbs on the chance to get a random 5* healer). Is it still too early for another batch of new characters? I'd roll on a Fury banner for Eldigan and I'd probably just get Hinata

12 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...Then mine still needs experience. He has 19 Speed.

I'll try to keep that goal in mind, though. (What will stop me is I have an exam between now and the next time Alfie will be fed experience).

I messed up a bit on the math, actually---he needs 21 speed since you double at 5 above, and Michalis has 25. (But you can speed seal him up to 21 once he hits 20, so it shouldn't matter too much.)

Just now, DehNutCase said:

I messed up a bit on the math, actually---he needs 21 speed since you double at 5 above, and Michalis has 25. (But you can speed seal him up to 21 once he hits 20, so it shouldn't matter too much.)

Eh, I've got plenty to keep track of. Now that I'm planning on switching Lilina with Olivia in Blade Emblem, I've got to keep track of how many Furies I need from Jagens. I have a complicated chain to get Jagen's defensive special, Hinata's Ruby Sword+ and Fury 3 on Olivia.

...It needs more promotions. At least I probably don't need Lilina's now.

Hmmm i really should train the rest of the Askr trio for these GHB quests with the level 40 requirements..

Do you guys bother going for the full lv 40 SP grind when training/promoting Anna/Alphonse? Or is training the 2 star all the way to 40 not worth the grind? (Especiall against Lunatic stratums)

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Hmmm i really should train the rest of the Askr trio for these GHB quests with the level 40 requirements..

Do you guys bother going for the full lv 40 SP grind when training/promoting Anna/Alphonse? Or is training the 2 star all the way to 40 not worth the grind? (Especiall against Lunatic stratums)

I only do 40/40/40 for 3 star and above

Alfonse is kinda nice about this since his base skillset is good enough

My Alfonse and Sharena have been at 5-star for quite some time. I just need to promote Anna, sadly she has quite a line in front of her (and I'm down to less than 1000 feathers, lol).

Fair enough, training 2 stars can get kind of painful. Maybe I won't 5 star them yet because there's a line for who I want to 5 star but 4 star level 40 should be alright.

speaking of, is Legion a good unit to 5 star for next Arena season? I notice i lack infantry Axes and most of my 5 star Axes are fliers.

actually speaking of Legion's Axe, would Camilla or Beruka use them well? I can sort of see Camilla using her good Res against blade mages. Theoretically maybe Distant Counter makes her a good anti-mage?

Beruka i'm a bit unsure of. I know QR Bonfire is her best set but I need other units for QR. She can be quite a wall and maybe do well against melee cavalry/fliers, and her attack is low so maybe Panic effect could be useful. maybe if i give her Renewal/Ardent Sacrifice for longevity she can be a utility wall?

46 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Fair enough, training 2 stars can get kind of painful. Maybe I won't 5 star them yet because there's a line for who I want to 5 star but 4 star level 40 should be alright.

speaking of, is Legion a good unit to 5 star for next Arena season? I notice i lack infantry Axes and most of my 5 star Axes are fliers.

actually speaking of Legion's Axe, would Camilla or Beruka use them well? I can sort of see Camilla using her good Res against blade mages. Theoretically maybe Distant Counter makes her a good anti-mage?

Beruka i'm a bit unsure of. I know QR Bonfire is her best set but I need other units for QR. She can be quite a wall and maybe do well against melee cavalry/fliers, and her attack is low so maybe Panic effect could be useful. maybe if i give her Renewal/Ardent Sacrifice for longevity she can be a utility wall?

Legion is excellent, he's only 1 Atk off from perfect Raven, who happens to be the best Axe user in terms mixed offenses.

Regarding his axe... panic simply isn't a good debuff when you have to attack to apply it---a great offensive unit (which Legion is, mind) wants to straight up ORKO rather than setup for a KO via debuffs. He can keep it himself since it's only 1 less MT than Silver Axe, and also the cheapest option since he doesn't have to eat a unit for it, but other people probably don't want to bother with it.

Off-topic Edit:

Anyone else notice how ridiculously optimized Ogama's spread is? 35/34 offenses (top tier), 47 hp (great for panic ploy), and, miraculously, 28 defense despite that ridiculous hp and speed stat. His 13 (lol) res doesn't even matter because if he's taking magical hits something went horribly, horribly wrong.

Edited by DehNutCase

38 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Anyone else notice how ridiculously optimized Ogama's spread is? 35/34 offenses (top tier), 47 hp (great for panic ploy), and, miraculously, 28 defense despite that ridiculous hp and speed stat. His 13 (lol) res doesn't even matter because if he's taking magical hits something went horribly, horribly wrong.

I've been noticing that since day 1 lol its just that back then i thought Brave Sword didn't went well with high speed and Lucina technically have the same ballpark of optimized stats which make me went there if i want to compare sword units. Someone once mentioned that Lyn is basically a worse version of Ogma since post set up, she beats Ogma's ATK by 1

Edited by JSND

36 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

My Ogma is even [+Atk, −Res], min-maxing him even further:

8KP8YFk4P1k.jpg

33 minutes ago, JSND said:

I've been noticing that since day 1 lol its just that back then i thought Brave Sword didn't went well with high speed and Lucina technically have the same ballpark of optimized stats

Which part of why i wonder why he's been considered Brave Sword fodder for a long time.

Not having a unique sword kind of sucks---and Brave+ and Noontime is the shittiest combo imaginable: you proc Noontime on your 4th hit, which is basically when the enemy has like 2 hp left. If you swap from Brave to keep his spd, then you start fighting against Lucina's Falchion advantage (1 more MT, negating Ogma's Atk lead, one extra skill slot---renewal, kills dragons). Lucina's bulk isn't noticeably worse, either, at 43/25, especially considering Falchion's renewal and her 2 higher speed.

Basically: Legendary swords too good---or generics too horrible.

Just a case of a 'pretty good' unit being outclassed by a 'utterly ridiculous' unit, I think. (Not that Lucina's actually utterly ridiculous, considering her melee infantry mobility.)

Edit:

That is, if Ogma were A/B/C/C/A in terms of offense/defense/counter-kill/mobility/support-needed then Lucina is A/A/B/C/A*, basically strictly out classing him. (And this rating doesn't take into account the fact that Lucina's far better in the 'long term,' Falchion's renewal is damn good for making sure Lucina is in fighting shape for every round of combat----Ogma has to choose between coverage and sustain from his B-slot, Lucina can have her cake and eat it, taking both sword-breaker and renewal.)

*This score looks very comparable to 'default' rein's A/B/C/A/A, but that's probably because the difference between A-tier (dies to about 10 units even after L&D inheritance for everyone) bulk and B-tier bulk (dies to ~30 people) is negligible, while the difference between A-tier mobility (cavalry and ranged) and C tier mobility (melee infantry---or armor ranged, I guess) is worlds apart. B-tier counter-kill and C-tier counter-kill does matter a bit---but mobility matters here again, a low counter-kill score doesn't matter as much if you're ranged, both things contribute to easier positioning.

That said, from a pure scoring perspective, both Lucina and Reinhardt deserves their spot in S tier.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I just pulled another Felicia. Which one is better, neutral or +res -def?

+res/-def is better simply because of the fact that if Felicia takes a physical hit, Felicia explodes no matter what set or nature she's running.

9 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I just pulled another Felicia. Which one is better, neutral or +res -def?

+Res -Def. She's a good mage killer so she needs all the Res she can get. Merge the neutral one into the +Res one later. 

Welp, another 20k promotion ahoy. My +ATK/-RES Cherche is now *5, shortening my still extremely long list of *5 promotions I need to do. She still needs a Brave Axe+ and Draconic Aura, but we'll get there. Plus I've got a Klein waiting to give Death Blow 3 to whichever comes first (Camilla *5 for Cherche's supplies or *5 Reinhardt). Also used the last 2k feathers I had to promote Frederick (+ATK/-SPD) to give Luna to Cordelia. His boon/bane was 100x better than the +HP/-ATK Frederick I currently have, but that one's *5 and I'm not using 20k feathers on him when I have 3 death dealing green units already.

Still, I've got a ways to go for *5ing. My feathers won't be getting a break any time soon.

Spoiler
  1. Matthew 
  2. Felicia (Silver Dagger+ for Matthew)
  3. Gordin/Klein (Brave Bow+ for B!Cordelia)
  4. Nino (A Good Boon/Bane to replace my current one)
  5. Nino #2 (Gronnblade+ for Soren)
  6. Camilla (Brave Axe+/Draconic Aura for Cherche)
  7. Hana (3) (LnD3 for B!Cordelia/Kagero/Athena)
  8. Xander
  9. Kagero (+DEF/-RES)
  10. Cherche (+ATK/-RES)
  11. Camus
  12. Anna
  13. Catria (+ATK)
  14. F!Robin
  15. Sakura
  16. Wrys
  17. Alfonse
  18. A!Tiki (Lightning Breath+ / Bonfire for Y!Tiki)
  19. Sharena

Edited by Zeo

20 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Welp, another 20k promotion ahoy. My +ATK/-RES Cherche is now *5, shortening my still extremely long list of *5 promotions I need to do. She still needs a Brave Axe+ and Draconic Aura, but we'll get there. Plus I've got a Klein waiting to give Death Blow 3 to whichever comes first (Camilla *5 for Cherche's supplies or *5 Reinhardt). Also used the last 2k feathers I had to promote Frederick (+ATK/-SPD) to give Luna to Cordelia. His boon/bane was 100x better than the +HP/-ATK Frederick I currently have, but that one's *5 and I'm not using 20k feathers on him when I have 3 death dealing green units already.

Still, I've got a ways to go for *5ing. My feathers won't be getting a break any time soon.

Hide contents
  1. Matthew 
  2. Felicia (Silver Dagger+ for Matthew)
  3. Gordin/Klein (Brave Bow+ for B!Cordelia)
  4. Nino (A Good Boon/Bane to replace my current one)
  5. Nino #2 (Gronnblade+ for Soren)
  6. Camilla (Brave Axe+/Draconic Aura for Cherche)
  7. Hana (3) (LnD3 for B!Cordelia/Kagero/Athena)
  8. Xander
  9. Kagero (+DEF/-RES)
  10. Cherche (+ATK/-RES)
  11. Camus
  12. Anna
  13. Catria (+ATK)
  14. F!Robin
  15. Sakura
  16. Wrys
  17. Alfonse
  18. A!Tiki (Lightning Breath+ / Bonfire for Y!Tiki)
  19. Sharena

Congrats on the Cherche! That's a lovely boon/bane combo you have there. Mine is +Atk/-Spd and she murders things on enemy phase even with just a Hammer+. (I do have a Camilla but I'm keeping her for now since she's +Atk/-Res and she's still pretty useful against mages in things like Tempest Trials. Just have to wait for a duplicate).

Get ready to one-shot murder Hectors and Effies ahoy! (I gave her Brave Axe but didn't equip it yet since Hammer was stronger. The one time I was about to, I decided against it and all the next three or four arena battles had Hectors/Effies to murder).

I also recommend giving her Reposition when you can! (Barst would be good to inherit from since he also has Brave Axe)

7 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

FINALLY PROMOTED XANDER, BRITCHES

TIME TO DIEEEEEEEE EHEEHHEHEEHEHEeHHEEhEHEEHEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:squeezedtangerine:

Promoting Xander before Camus..., Scrub

Congrats on a new 5* I guess, the guy's pretty cool. Do you have some cavalry friends for him?

Meanwhile, my two Xanders remain unused. I'm considering sending them home since they're taking up precious barracks space. I know he can be good but Horse Emblem has become too cancerous. Having no attachment to the character doesn't help things either.