16 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I'll always keep finding reasons to pull red orbs,

1. My favorite color is read

2. My mom's favorite color is red

3. My (sibling)'s favorite color is red

4. I'm color blind and red is the only color I see

I got you 4 more reasons! :D

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

So... wait. Is Ana complaining about units that she can essentially get the 4000+ points in the arena she wants?

Shhhhhhhhhh

Remember what Eclipse said:

"AND FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING, THIS IS A PULL TOPIC!"

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Shhhhhhhhhh

Remember what Eclipse said:

"AND FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING, THIS IS A PULL TOPIC!"

Well, I think it's perfectly fine to point out that getting frustrated about a pull that the game literally gives you as a solution to another problem is a bit weird.

Edited by shadowofchaos

10 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

So... wait. Is Ana complaining about units that she can essentially get the 4000+ points (for feathere, not ranking) in the arena she wants?

No. Because I can't get a score of 4,000 with them. Not with my skill level. They're not a solution to any problems I have.

I'd gladly throw away my Eirikas on you guys if I could. I'm getting tired of pulling her and the fact that I don't like her at all isn't helping either.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

1. My favorite color is read

Didn't know "read" was a color.

@Anacybele, Eirika is basically your ticket to 4700+ Arena points. Don't waste this opporunity. Double buff twins is the dream. Take it from me, I got a lot of use out of her back when I didn't have much else to work with, and I went from there.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Anacybele, Eirika is basically your ticket to 4700+ Arena points. Don't waste this opporunity. Double buff twins is the dream. Take it from me, I got a lot of use out of her back when I didn't have much else to work with, and I went from there.

Nah, not really. And just because she worked for you doesn't mean she'll work for me anyway. Besides, I have much better sword wielders in Ike and Marth.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No. Because I can't get a score of 4,000 with them. Not with my skill level. They're not a solution to any problems I have.

I'd gladly throw away my Eirikas on you guys if I could. I'm getting tired of pulling her and the fact that I don't like her at all isn't helping either.

I believe the only thing stopping you from using Eirika and Nino to get your weekly 1500 feathers with 4000 points... is yourself.

Not your skill level.

Just you not liking or wanting to use her and Nino.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Do I need anything from the Herofest banner? Not at all. Am I going to do a full pull of it just for the heck of it? sure thing!
- 4* Rebecca: Nice, Dartingblow 3 fodder. Even though I don't need it right now.
- 3* Arthur: Finally the game decided to send a Lancebreaker to me. Not that I have a use for it right now, but when the need arises, it will be there.
- 3* Sophia: Hey ho, you go there and just sit next to your 6 Clones there. One day, there will be an use for you, I'm sure of it.
- 3* Shanna: YES! Desperation fodder. My precious Nino will happily take it of your hands. Now I only need to pull a Hinata and my lovely little nuclear warhead will be finished. :D
- 4* Kagero: At least a dagger User thats not named Felicia. I actually planned on feeding her Poison dagger to one of my Felicias, but after seeing how ludicrously low the Mt on this thing is, I doubt Felicia will do ever damage with it. Might as well keep that busty Lady then and train her up. +Hp,-Spd sucks, but at least its not -Atk. I will have to think about what to inherit onto her though, LnD seems pretty decent.
Well, I didn't get a 5* out of it, but I certainly won't complain, especially not with 22 5* as a f2p-player. Nice skillfodder and a busty Ninja, I'm happy with this^^.

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

I believe the only thing stopping you from using Eirika to get your weekly 1500 feathers with 4000 points... is yourself.

Not your skill level.

Just you not liking or wanting to use her.

Thing is, I've been using other characters I'm not a big fan of. I used Bunny Xander until I decided he was meh and I HATE Xander. I'm not a big fan of Marth either and I use him. So no, it's not simply because I don't like Eirika (though that would naturally be part of it). And I was going to give her a chance if I liked her bane and boon enough. But it's not good, so I still have much better options in Ike and Marth.

1 minute ago, SakuraFish said:

- 4* Kagero: At least a dagger User thats not named Felicia. I actually planned on feeding her Poison dagger to one of my Felicias, but after seeing how ludicrously low the Mt on this thing is, I doubt Felicia will do ever damage with it. Might as well keep that busty Lady then and train her up. +Hp,-Spd sucks, but at least its not -Atk. I will have to think about what to inherit onto her though, LnD seems pretty decent.
Well, I didn't get a 5* out of it, but I certainly won't complain, especially not with 22 5* as a f2p-player. Nice skillfodder and a busty Ninja, I'm happy with this^^.

Felicia's niche is killing all kinds of mages anyway. Restricting her to killing only foot mages will hinder her contributions.

Do you have a poison strike free for her?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Thing is, I've been using other characters I'm not a big fan of. I used Bunny Xander until I decided he was meh and I HATE Xander. I'm not a big fan of Marth either and I use him. So no, it's not simply because I don't like Eirika (though that would naturally be part of it). And I was going to give her a chance if I liked her bane and boon enough. But it's not good, so I still have much better options in Ike and Marth.

Eirika isn't supposed to be killing stuff. And unlike Ike or Marth, she offers utility through her buffs that, with good positioning, can benefit the entire team. Support is just as valuable as offense when it comes to racking up arena wins. You underestimate the usefulness of buffs and overestimate how much better your other swords are just because they have higher Atk over her.

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

Felicia's niche is killing all kinds of mages anyway. Restricting her to killing only foot mages will hinder her contributions.

Poison Strike is the worst skill in the game. Fact.

Take a Tomebreaker if you want to improve her ability to check mages. Not getting doubled by -Blade users is great.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ana, dismissing characters you pull just because of their nature means you haven't learned anything regarding being resourceful or being creative. You seem to only see one road to your goal instead of multiple.

You don't realize that you're not the best resource to evaluate units. Others with more experience are.

Creativity means utilizing what you have and having the guts to try things. Including benching your favorite units.

I have the guts to bench my Ninian or Linde to go into the Arena. Would you bench Ike for Eirika if someone told you you'd get your feathers? This is disregarding all your biases.

@eclipse

Sorry for going off topic, but is there a way to move the posts in the General Discussion or Arena threads?

@MrSmokestack

I just actually want to give her poison strike to chip and debuff other types of units to build Glacies. I'm giving her options in other places like training tower. Not just Arena.

Edited by shadowofchaos

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Eirika isn't supposed to be killing stuff. And unlike Ike or Marth, she offers utility through her buffs that, with good positioning, can benefit the entire team. Support is just as valuable as offense when it comes to racking up arena wins. You underestimate the usefulness of buffs and overestimate how much better your other swords are just because they have higher Atk over her.

It's not a good idea to have multiple units of the same color on one team either.

And not just higher attack. Higher def and HP and better weapons too. Ragnell has built-in Distant Counter and Falchion has dragon effectiveness. Marth also might be faster.

4 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Ana, dismissing characters you pull just because of their nature means you haven't learned anything regarding being resourceful or being creative. You seem to only see one road to your goal instead of multiple.

You don't realize that you're not the best resource to evaluate units. Others with more experience are.

Creativity means utilizing what you have and having the guts to try things. Including benching your favorite units.

I'm not trying to be an expert at evaluating units?

And it's not simply because of the bad bane and boon, it's also that I have better sword units with better banes and boons.

You're crazy if you think I'd bench any of my favorite units. I put a lot of time and work into them. How would you like it if someone told you to bench a unit you'd put so much effort into? I bet it wouldn't feel good.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

Unfortunatly not, the only Daggerusers I have are a crapton of Felicias and the free Matthew. Well and that Kagero now. I like the idea though of making her into a Magekiller with the ability to chip down other kinds of units as well. Savage blow on top of it could make for some hilarious things I imagine.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Poison Strike is the worst skill in the game. Fact.

Take a Tomebreaker if you want to improve her ability to check mages. Not getting doubled by -Blade users is great.

This would be probably the best course of action for optimizing Felicia, considering all those nasty -Bladetome teams in the Arena. Luckily there are far better alternatives for dealing with them than a Felicia.

6 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

RIP People wanting Eirika and not getting her, I wish trading was in, I'd trade my 4* Eirika for 4* Cordelia, but alas it won't as people will just cheat the system

Yeah, I know, right? It stinks that some people would ruin things for others.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's not a good idea to have multiple units of the same color on one team either.

And not just higher attack. Higher def and HP and better weapons too. Ragnell has built-in Distant Counter and Falchion has dragon effectiveness. Marth also might be faster.

Marth doesn't have higher Spd than Eirika.

Utility can't be directly compared to stats. If Dance was on a unit with straight 0's in all stats and only 1 HP, it would still be considered one of the best units in the game, if not the best. If you just go into arena with your strongest units, you won't necessarily win.

And I didn't say anything about putting them all on the same team. But even then, what's so bad about stacking colors? Lots of teams can run two of the same color and not suffer in performance if their roles have been defined clearly beforehand. Eirika would run quite nicely alongside Ike, now that you mention it.

10 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

just actually want to give her poison strike to chip and debuff other types of units to build Glacies. I'm giving her options in other places like training tower. Not just Arena.

Understandable. I run Pain healers for grinding scrubs in the tower, and it's incredibly useful.

With all the Distant Counter fodder running around in Arena following Golden Week, though, chipping strats are going to become harder and harder to pull off.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Running two Blue units or two Green units these days is basically a staple. 

You're crazy if you think I'd bench any of my favorite units. I put a lot of time and work into them. How would you like it if someone told you to bench a unit you'd put so much effort into? I bet it wouldn't feel good.

Considering some of us haven't even rolled our favorite units (Hector, Raven), or don't even have them in the game, (Canas and Elincia come to mind), I'd take it with a grain of salt but give other things a try. How do you think it feels to the people giving you advice, to hear from you that you're so adamantly refusing to give other things a try? I bet that wouldn't feel good.

If you're doing your best with people that you want to use, that's cool, but there's little harm in giving others a try. The last thing I expected to do was rely on the Askr trio, and I dislike Nowi as I find her to be little more than a meme. Marth bores me to bits and I don't really know the first think about Julia. I've taken pride in getting some pretty hefty numbers though, and with these people that I either know little/nothing about or care little/nothing for (well Sharena now but yea), I found it pleasantly fun to find success when I was handed things I specifically didn't want. I knew nothing about Julia until this game and haven't researched her, but she's easily pulling the most weight on my roster along with silly free Sharena. Who even are these girls?

To be honest, I think you're not crazy for pulling units and immediately discrediting them just because you don't know/care much for them, but I think it's crazy to not give them a shot and see what's possible. The day I can unbench Bartre/Fir as Father/Daughter fun that I can IRL relate to, and earn success with them is the day I'll be super duper happy, but that pipedream is a long way away

Edited by Elieson

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

With all the Distant Counter fodder running around in Arena following Golden Week, though, chipping strats are going to become harder and harder to pull off.

Tell me about it. 

I've already run into an Ephraim, an Effie, an Azura, and even a goddamn Titania with Distant Counter.

All in this week (I burned a few swords last night to get a score). 

7 minutes ago, SakuraFish said:

Well and that Kagero now. I like the idea though of making her into a Magekiller with the ability to chip down other kinds of units as well. Savage blow on top of it could make for some hilarious things I imagine.

Yup, Savage Blowing left and right is all good fun and laughs. Until you notice that you have Savage Blown Hector and Takumi just below their Vantage point...

2 minutes ago, chirp said:

Yup, Savage Blowing left and right is all good fun and laughs. Until you notice that you have Savage Blown Hector and Takumi just below their Vantage point...

To be fair, I wouldn't take this into the Arena. Though if I would, keeping an eye on HP thresholds isn't all that hard. Besides pretty much every Team should run a Hectorcounter these days anyway, and Pineappleboy isn't that dangerous to begin with.

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How would you like it if someone told you to bench a unit you'd put so much effort into? I bet it wouldn't feel good.

I'd say:

"I see. I'd have to try your strategy out."

I don't like Donny, Harold, Ray or Tsubaki:

It's called being open minded to strategy and your pulls, Ana.

I benched Ninian for Hillbilly, Perfectionist loser, America, and angsty jerk with a kind heart.

And I have to say, I wouldn't have beaten Navarre or Ursula without a few of them.

Edited by shadowofchaos

17 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Marth doesn't have higher Spd than Eirika.

Utility can't be directly compared to stats. If Dance was on a unit with straight 0's in all stats and only 1 HP, it would still be considered one of the best units in the game, if not the best. If you just go into arena with your strongest units, you won't necessarily win.

My +Spd 5 star lv. 40+1 Marth would.

Good luck keeping such a dancer alive then.

9 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I'd say:

"I see. I'd have to try your strategy out."

I don't like Donny, Harold, Ray or Tsubaki:

It's called being open minded to strategy and your pulls, Ana.

I benched Ninian for Hillbilly, Perfectionist loser, America, and angsty jerk with a kind heart.

And I have to say, I wouldn't have beaten Navarre or Ursula without a few of them.

Goodie for you.

And I am open-minded. If I was using ONLY my absolute favorite units, my team would always be and only be Ike, Frederick, and Ephraim. No fourth unit. But see, I use way more than that. There's a difference between only using favorites and simply not bothering with least favorites. It doesn't mean I won't use characters I'm neutral or even meh on.

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

As long as she isn't -Rezzy or -Spd, you're good!

*crosses fingers*

Please Rezzy don't strike again!!

Now, I feel like Absol, I'm not the source of -Atk, just the harbinger.

2 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

-Rezzy implies that she's not Rezzy, so since Rezzy is usually -Atk cursed, then if you want it to be -Rezzy it would have to be - -Atk, which means you're effectively saying "As long as she isn't +Atk or -Spd, you're good!" which doesn't seem quite right to me :P

Hide contents

Sorry, I just like messing with you <3

It's a math equation!

So, I've wanted Linde, and since I don't have patience, I decided to try to Pull and not wait for the Gauntlet Banner.

Spoiler

Fire%20Emblem%20Heroes_2017-05-02-16-14-

5* Linde +Def,-Res  Hey, she's not -Atk!

4* Poison Strike +HP,-Res

5* Takumi -HP,+Spd

3* Frederick +HP, -Def

3* Donnel +HP,-Spd

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So, I've wanted Linde, and since I don't have patience, I decided to try to Pull and not wait for the Gauntlet Banner.

Hide contents

Fire%20Emblem%20Heroes_2017-05-02-16-14-

5* Linde +Def,-Res  Hey, she's not -Atk!

4* Poison Strike +HP,-Res

5* Takumi -HP,+Spd

3* Frederick +HP, -Def

3* Donnel +HP,-Spd

Where's the real Rezzy?! Two 5* not -Atk units? Nope, doesn't happen xD 

(Meaning, congrats. Wish my Takumi was +spd but I'm happy just having him!)

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Where's the real Rezzy?! Two 5* not -Atk units? Nope, doesn't happen xD 

(Meaning, congrats. Wish my Takumi was +spd but I'm happy just having him!)

I'm sorry to let you down.  I don't know what happened.  I promise it won't happen again.