"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

29 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Anyone know if Ragnarok damages even when Celica attacks while not at full hp? The wording is ambiguous.

From what I've heard, it doesn't.

The Japanese wording is unambiguous: "At the start of battle, if this unit's HP is at 100%, +5 Atk and Spd. If this unit attacks under these circumstances, this unit takes 5 damage after battle."

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's a good build for Xander? I'm looking to use him in the arena next season as I didn't pull a Celica unfortunately...

I was thinking:
A Skill- Fury 3, B Skill- Vantage 3, R/G Tomebreaker 3 or Quick Riposte 3 and then C either Fortify or Hone Cav (though I don't have a Cav team built yet). Speaking of, in a team of Cecilia, Xander, Camus, (Insert blue tome cav here), who should get Hone/Fortify? I assume I want two of each?

21 minutes ago, AuraGuardianR said:

What's a good build for Xander? I'm looking to use him in the arena next season as I didn't pull a Celica unfortunately...

I was thinking:
A Skill- Fury 3, B Skill- Vantage 3, R/G Tomebreaker 3 or Quick Riposte 3 and then C either Fortify or Hone Cav (though I don't have a Cav team built yet). Speaking of, in a team of Cecilia, Xander, Camus, (Insert blue tome cav here), who should get Hone/Fortify? I assume I want two of each?

My good buddy @MrSmokestack wrote up a Xander analysis not long ago, so I'd recommend taking a look:

Fury/QR/Hone sounds good to me though. 

You always want the buffs to go on the units that need them least. Of your team, Cecilia and Reinhardt/Olwen/Ursula benefit more from Hone Cavalry than Xander or Camus, so they should get Fortify. As a result, Xander and Camus should be the ones to carry Hone Cavalry if you wanted two of each.

5 hours ago, AuraGuardianR said:

I was thinking:

Vantage 3 is a must.  I use Fortify Cavalry for slot C because I have Priscilla with Hone Cavalry who always ends up behind him.  This gives prinscilla more survivabillity while letting Xander KO more units that come after him.  Additionally, between Priscilla and Xander I can give Cecilia +6+6+12+12=+36 attack and +6 speed assuming it all stacks right.  Still missing Nino though...

I'll also be getting Fury 3 on him when I get another Hinata.  With a rehabilitate healer, fury knocking his hp down -6 can actually help heal him more the next turn.

Edited by Lushen

Got two simple questions.  1. What the music they use for fire emblem heroes chapter 11 maps.  I want to track that down since that sound just cool to listen in the background. 2. Anyone know the two new secret achievements in the google play achievement list?

3 minutes ago, Skids said:

1. What the music they use for fire emblem heroes chapter 11 maps.  I want to track that down since that sound just cool to listen in the background.

Celica's battle theme (also known as With Mila's Divine Protection thanks to Smash), Echoes: Shadows of Valentia version:

And yes, it's amazing.

Edited by Vaximillian

Any opinions on whether Escape Route or Wings of Mercy is better for Ninian? I've heard it said that you shouldn't let your dancer get hit in the first place so WoM is better, but from my experience ER is great because it lets Ninian warp to anyone instead of just hurt characters (not to mention getting herself out of sticky situations). Thoughts?

If not Ninian, who else would like WoM? I thought about putting it on Hector for a defense team but Hector is already pretty awesome with Vantage.

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

Any opinions on whether Escape Route or Wings of Mercy is better for Ninian? I've heard it said that you shouldn't let your dancer get hit in the first place so WoM is better, but from my experience ER is great because it lets Ninian warp to anyone instead of just hurt characters (not to mention getting herself out of sticky situations). Thoughts?

I'm preferring Escape Route. I typically don't let my units take too much damage in the first place, so Wings of Mercy doesn't do me any good on offense. Even if you're not supposed to have your dancer take a hit, Ninian has good mixed bulk since she dumped Atk for more HP, meaning she can safely take hits from a lot of enemies, including greens.

2 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

If not Ninian, who else would like WoM? I thought about putting it on Hector for a defense team but Hector is already pretty awesome with Vantage.

Anyone who can splatter some faces across the floor and doesn't need a different passive B skill to be effective. Cherche and Litrblade users come to mind.

Huh, I just realized Alfonse's set is perfectly set-up to: Take 2 hits when enemy initates, counter once, kill on player phase, and then heal to basically full from 1HKOing a loser after a dance.

Edit: With this in mind, QR is probably the better general B skill over Brash. Although Brash has the advantage of barely managing the 'Hector on a defense tile' KO.

Edited by DehNutCase

I think I remember reading somewhere earlier that someone managed to beat 11-3 with only a Michalis flying around the map to avoid everything. Or was that speculation? Is there a video or a strategy someone has a link to?

6 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I think I remember reading somewhere earlier that someone managed to beat 11-3 with only a Michalis flying around the map to avoid everything. Or was that speculation? Is there a video or a strategy someone has a link to?

I beat 11-3 with my Whitewings + Michalis flying team consisting of 5⋆ Michalis (duh), 5⋆ Catria, 4⋆ Palla, and 4⋆ Est.
Michalis started on the right along with, I think, Palla. Michalis did kill Genny and Mae, as well as the lance cavalier thanks to his QR2.

I don't quite remember the actual actions I took, however.

Edited by Vaximillian

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I beat 11-3 with my Whitewings + Michalis flying team consisting of 5⋆ Michalis (duh), 5⋆ Catria, 4⋆ Palla, and 4⋆ Est.
Michalis started on the right along with, I think, Palla. Michalis did kill Genny and Mae, as well as the lance cavalier thanks to his QR2.

I don't quite remember the actual actions I took, however.

I may give my Flier Emblem team a shot instead. I managed to beat the other chapters by just having Michalis run around, but Lunatic doesn't seem to want to cooperate. XD I'll probably just have to kill people.

26 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Mkv did a vid on a 3* neutral Subaki soloing Lunatic 11-3 and taking no damage at all.

For the axe thing, Mkv used Gunter, Olivia, Palla, and Est; the Whitewing sisters and Michalis.

Edited by Roflolxp54

@Roflolxp54 Thanks for the vid! I was probably remembering the Subaki solo instead of Michalis solo. 

But that second strategy video really helps. I could probably pull off the same strategy or a similar one with Palla, Michalis, Olivia, and Est.

Just finally pulled a Saizo, and I'm wanting to build him up into a suicide/assassin ninja. Death Blow/Fury, Threaten Def, etc.

Only thing is, he's -ATK/+SPD

At 4* his max speed is 37, which is almost on par with my 5* Eirika and she doubles everything lol.

So, is he still worth using?

[Also keep Swordbreaker or put Vantage on Ike?]

Edited by Big Smoke
Added a question

1 hour ago, Big Smoke said:

Just finally pulled a Saizo, and I'm wanting to build him up into a suicide/assassin ninja. Death Blow/Fury, Threaten Def, etc.

Only thing is, he's -ATK/+SPD

At 4* his max speed is 37, which is almost on par with my 5* Eirika and she doubles everything lol.

So, is he still worth using?

His Atk already isn't very good. You should wait until you get another one. He is a fairly common unit.

1 hour ago, Big Smoke said:

[Also keep Swordbreaker or put Vantage on Ike?]

That depends on his Spd. If he is slow, You will want Swordbreaker so he doesn't get double attacked by all of the faster sword wielders.

So what kind of Celica builds are people trying? I saw some discussion yesterday but didn't jump in yet. I saw people recommend using Swift Sparrow, but I don't want to part with my Spring Lucina. After running some calculations, i'm thinking I'll do Darting Blow 3 + Renewal 2/Swordbreaker 2 + Whatever buff is convenient. Though...giving her Savage Blow might be fun. Breath of Life could probably be convenient as well...  And her special will be...either Draconic Aura or Dragon Fang.

I'm curious to hear what everyone else is trying. 

7 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

So what kind of Celica builds are people trying? I saw some discussion yesterday but didn't jump in yet. I saw people recommend using Swift Sparrow, but I don't want to part with my Spring Lucina. After running some calculations, i'm thinking I'll do Darting Blow 3 + Renewal 2/Swordbreaker 2 + Whatever buff is convenient. Though...giving her Savage Blow might be fun. Breath of Life could probably be convenient as well...  And her special will be...either Draconic Aura or Dragon Fang.

Either:

Fury & Desperation

or

Life and Death & Renewal

are what i'm seeing most often.

Fury/Desp knocks her from one round of combat, out of Ragnarok range and comfortably into Desperation range, and her stats aren't exactly bad for this kind of build. +Spd is appreciated in both cases.

10 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Draconic aura on the special!

Savage blow for the C sounds...... deadly.... I like it!

I gave mine Life and Death + Desperation because I don't have renewal fodder right now, nor Fury Fodder. But what @Elieson said makes sense!

Darting blow is kind of nyeh, but I can definitely see it working out. Fury and Life and death win more matchups though so just keep that in mind!

13 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Either:

Fury & Desperation

or

Life and Death & Renewal

are what i'm seeing most often.

Fury/Desp knocks her from one round of combat, out of Ragnarok range and comfortably into Desperation range, and her stats aren't exactly bad for this kind of build. +Spd is appreciated in both cases.

Yeah. My Celica ended up being -SPD. She still has 30 SPD which isn't bad, but desperation probably wouldn't be as useful on her. Darting Blow + Swordbreaker gets her 83 kills and Fury seems to get her 89. But a Rally ATK (or any +4 ATK) boosts both skill sets to 98 kills apparently.  I may stick with Darting Blow for now simply because I've got a ton of Florinas and not many Hinatas. And Fury seems to be an incredibly popular skill. XD

18 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Draconic aura on the special!

Savage blow for the C sounds...... deadly.... I like it!

I gave mine Life and Death + Desperation because I don't have renewal fodder right now, nor Fury Fodder. But what @Elieson said makes sense!

Darting blow is kind of nyeh, but I can definitely see it working out. Fury and Life and death win more matchups though so just keep that in mind!

I may have to try out Savage Blow then just to see how much chaos I can create. Celica seems to be somewhere in-between a bulky mage like M. Robin and a glass canon like Nino. She's kind of a happy medium which is really nice.  

I think Darting Blow appealed to me most because it doesn't make Celica sacrifice any of her bulk for a boost. She doesn't seem like the type of mage that wants to sit around in combat for too long, but if she has to take a hit, she won't suffer too much for it.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Yeah. My Celica ended up being -SPD. She still has 30 SPD which isn't bad, but desperation probably wouldn't be as useful on her. Darting Blow + Swordbreaker gets her 83 kills and Fury seems to get her 89. But a Rally ATK (or any +4 ATK) boosts both skill sets to 98 kills apparently.  I may stick with Darting Blow for now simply because I've got a ton of Florinas and not many Hinatas. And Fury seems to be an incredibly popular skill. XD

Are you running checks on Fury opponents? That set's rather high.

You'd probably be best running Darting Blow & Swordbreaker (or Renewal), to maintain consistent 36 playerphase speed. Neutral offense is more than fine. 

If you're not running Renewal, def bring Breath of Life support (Linde, Julia....someone with BoL).

Just now, Rafiel's Aria said:

I think Darting Blow appealed to me most because it doesn't make Celica sacrifice any of her bulk for a boost. She doesn't seem like the type of mage that wants to sit around in combat for too long, but if she has to take a hit, she won't suffer too much for it.

She doesn't exactly have much "bulk" though. 22 defense and resistance is uh... not too amazing.

Also, Life and Death + Sword Breaker (with -Spd and for the boon I kept it neutral) gets 98 wins. But if you really think you want to keep her defenses high, just fo darting blow

(My Celica is -Spd +Atk XD)

Say, I just got my 20k Feathers...

I'm torn between promoting these folks to 5*

A. Cecilia (+SPD, -RES) - My thoughts towards Cecilia is that if I get her to 5*, that means I get Gronnraven+ which I can use to screw up Bow-wielding enemies. Aside from that, I can get her Hone Attack to finally become Hone Cavalry. She's packing Glacies to at least cause some pain with her decent RES despite of the bane.

B. Eliwood (+HP, -RES) - Durandal, that is all...

C. Shanna (+ATK, -SPD) - Uhmm... because she's my favorite character?

D. Ursula (Neutral) - She's starting to become my Glass Cannon on a horse as of lately. She has Iceberg since I'm intending her to become a Blarblade user (I have an Odin but I'm still leveling him).

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

Say, I just got my 20k Feathers...

I'm torn between promoting these folks to 5*

A. Cecilia (+SPD, -RES) - My thoughts towards Cecilia is that if I get her to 5*, that means I get Gronnraven+ which I can use to screw up Bow-wielding enemies. Aside from that, I can get her Hone Attack to finally become Hone Cavalry. She's packing Glacies to at least cause some pain with her decent RES despite of the bane.

B. Eliwood (+HP, -RES) - Durandal, that is all...

C. Shanna (+ATK, -SPD) - Uhmm... because she's my favorite character?

D. Ursula (Neutral) - She's starting to become my Glass Cannon on a horse as of lately. She has Iceberg since I'm intending her to become a Blarblade user (I have an Odin but I'm still leveling him).

IMO FYPOV:

Shanna>Ursula>Cecilia>Eliwood

Shanna will probably pull more standalone weight than the ponies, but inevitably, the ponies will rock harder. That +Spd though <3

7 minutes ago, Elieson said:

IMO FYPOV:

Shanna>Ursula>Cecilia>Eliwood

Shanna will probably pull more standalone weight than the ponies, but inevitably, the ponies will rock harder. That +Spd though <3

Oooh... I see... Shall my Shanna pack a Silver Lance so she nuke stuff or... keep the Killer Lance?

Speaking of Cecilia though, do you think a Death Blow Cecilia will rock well? I'm again... intending her to screw up Bow users big time and if her Glacies is ready; someone is going to really die...

The only missing person in my pony team is Reinhardt so that Goad Cavalry with Cecilia's inherited Hone Cavalry will meld well. I just can't seem to get him.

Edited by Frosty