"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 hours ago, Bartozio said:

The way I usually build my teams, I see 4 spots: one of each color and some extra unit (could be a colorless unit, a bonus unit, or a second unit of some color that still contributes).

If you plan to use both a healer and a dancer, your dancer should be the only unit of her color, but that doesn't need to be a problem, especially if your other two units can help her out a bit (for instance, if Olivia is your only red unit, a Nino can help deal with green units).

The thing is, most units that help to compensate for a dancers lower offence are nukes who don't benefit from a healer. Dancers work best on heavy offence teams, but healers are only benificial on more defensive teams (I mean counter killing units, not arena defence teams).

52 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Xenomata: in addition to what @Bartozio said, you could use a pseudo healer of the same color as the dancer, typically a falcion/renewal user plus Olivia. 

The way I see it, a Dancer can do one of two things in their turn: allow for her team to (usually almost) nuke the enemies entire team in one go ("almost" only happening because one of the enemy wandered out of range), or give her turn to the designated healer (rather than Pseudo Healer) to bring either one unit or two back up to full health in preparation for an enemy counter-attack. Each scenario does, however, assume that the other units on my team are either heavily geared for a full-on offense, or that at least one of my other units is an Enemy-Phase unit, and as I said earlier, I was shocked at how effective Brave Freddy and Peri were in the Arena despite not having all of the skills they would want (Freddy doesn't have Death Blow 3, Peri doesn't even have B, C, or Assist slot skills) and the fact that they were mostly carrying Hana, who only had the skills she would have as a 4* pulled unit.

Thanks for the info though, I'll have to take another look at what I could possibly do in another month when I can do another big summoning ritual.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Do you have to use the free summoning the day it happens? Or can you save it?

Your first summon on the banner is free whenever you first start pulling from it.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I have several questions that were on my mind:

1.One thing that confused me for a while was to utilize Lilina her fullest. Currently I have a 4* (+atk, -res) version of her. I know she is a powerhouse, but she is just not strong enough to one shot units, plus it's difficult for she to double units.. Any build ideas would be appreciated.

2. Should I use Fury or triangle adept on a quick reposte  (+atk,-hp Fae) ?

3. What A-slot skills work well with a quick reposte young tiki (+res- hp / adult tiki (+atk, -spd)

4. Who is the the best candidate for a triangle adept , green raven tome user?

For Lilina, she can hit 30 Speed with Life and Death and 58 Attack (using Bolganone/Rauðrblade) if you do not mind the drop in defense. With a speed buff, she can hit 34 Speed. It is not great, but considering how poorly the AI utilizes buffs, 34 Speed can knock out many slow enemies. If you can get a +Spd version of Lilina, that will be ideal as she has 29 Speed naturally, and Life and Death and a Speed buff will get her to a respectable 38 Speed.

Hey, so are -blade tome builds always the best for nuke mages? I ask because I'm not sure whether to SI Blarblade onto my Mae in place of Blarowl (and just how good Blarowl is in general), or give my Lilina a Rauorblade in place of Bolganone. As a side note, how effective are -blade tomes on bulkier mages like M!Robin?

11 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Hey, so are -blade tome builds always the best for nuke mages?

Always. The question rests on who you want to save those tomes for.

Mae has one of the highest Atk bases of any mage in the game, and giving her a tome with 3 more Mt than her default with the potential for even more Atk is basically a straight upgrade for her.

You can give Lilina Raudrblade only if you really like her and want to use her, since Tharja ends up better with it anyway.

-Blade's effectiveness is biased towards mages with higher Spd bases, since their Atk is rarely a problem once they've been buffed. Bulkier mages have a nice niche of running -Raven Adept to make them hard checks to colorless and another color of your choice. Merric, Boey, both Robins, and Sophia are all excellent users of it. You can run -Blade with them, but their performance is noticeably worse without the Spd to match.

@MrSmokestack Thanks so much! I've got so much -blade tome fodder isn't not even funny, including a grand total of 6 Odins, 4 Ninos and 3 Tharjas. I just wasn't sure if it was always the best option.

Question, is Julia the exception to the -blade thing? I imagine super-effectiveness against dragons is too good to pass up.

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:

Question, is Julia the exception to the -blade thing? I imagine super-effectiveness against dragons is too good to pass up.

Julia's Prf is a bit niche but I would still keep it since it gives more points than -Blade+ because of its higher SP cost.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Julia's Prf is a bit niche but I would still keep it since it gives more points than -Blade+ because of its higher SP cost.

Cool, thanks for all the advice.

47 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Your first summon on the banner is free whenever you first start pulling from it.

About that, when they say "first summon" they literally mean the "first summon", as in one free unit, not 5, right?

6 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

About that, when they say "first summon" they literally mean the "first summon", as in one free unit, not 5, right?

Literally, the first summon, not your whole first summoning session. The JP stream was more clear on this than NA, admittedly.

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Literally, the first summon, not your whole first summoning session. The JP stream was more clear on this than NA, admittedly.

Ah, no wonder I was confused...

I wonder if the orb cost decay will apply as normal, so we can effectively skip the spending of 5 orbs per session...?

Oh, don't feel the need to answer that, I'd probably stockpile 20 orbs as normal anyways.

To add to that, the first free summon applies to all banners that will be released starting from 8/7. So basically your first time summoning on a banner has the 5 orb cost waived.

It seems like our first round of summons on a banner can be done with 15 orbs but we'll just have to wait and see. 

I am currently trying to build a future competitive arena team around Nowi. I already have a Ninian and probably less important a 4* Reinhardt and 5* Olwen. Would Ike and Julia, from the upcoming hero fest, be good additions to Nowi and Ninian? 

12 minutes ago, Nowi said:

I am currently trying to build a future competitive arena team around Nowi. I already have a Ninian and probably less important a 4* Reinhardt and 5* Olwen. Would Ike and Julia, from the upcoming hero fest, be good additions to Nowi and Ninian? 

Yes, Julia would strengthen your arena team. After all, blue the most common color in arena. Especially the mages, which  left unchecked can destroy the entire team. For Ike, he has a strong attack, great bulk, has Distant Counter on his weapon,and is considered one of the best red swordsman in the game. The team set up you have is solid, just be lucky in the summoning.

With the new tweak out soon to summoning. is it a good idea to just to summon one unit from every new banner?

Edited by Jingle Jangle

6 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Checking for accuracy.

No problems there.

4 hours ago, Extrasolar said:

Hey, so are -blade tome builds always the best for nuke mages? I ask because I'm not sure whether to SI Blarblade onto my Mae in place of Blarowl (and just how good Blarowl is in general), or give my Lilina a Rauorblade in place of Bolganone. As a side note, how effective are -blade tomes on bulkier mages like M!Robin?

@MrSmokestack

Litrblade is always the best choice when attempting to deal as much damage as possible in as many match-ups as possible.

There are basically two situations where Litrblade is not the best choice (outside of exclusive weapons):

• Litrraven gives better colorless coverage defensively and is typically paired with Triangle Adept. This, however, comes at the risk of being vulnerable to colorless units with Cancel Affinity.
  • Litrowl is used for specific niche cases where you need to Spd creep on a specific target. I used Blarowl to give Mae enough Spd to double attack Celica in the last Tempest Trial while keeping Desperation to plow through the earlier maps without taking damage.

Litrwolf is also situationally useful in specific fixed maps like Grand Hero Battles.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

With the new tweak out soon to summoning. is it a good idea to just to summon one unit from every new banner?

If there's a unit you want from a banner, then you should focus on that banner, but if, say, you don't care much for the banner, it's the last day of the banner (or close and you don't think you will be playing FEH for the day) and you still haven't done the free pull, then yeah you should.

I mean, regardless of if it's a banner you care about, free is free.

Edited by Xenomata

54 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Litrwolf is also situationally useful in specific fixed maps like Grand Hero Battles.

Because I'm too cheap to upgrade an Odin for Blarblade+, I leave Ursula with her native Blarwolf+ in Arena over regular Blarblade. Of course this is in part for the score bonus, but with how common cavalry units are now, it's proven to be good enough, while demanding fewer buffs.

5 minutes ago, Johann said:

Because I'm too cheap to upgrade an Odin for Blarblade+, I leave Ursula with her native Blarwolf+ in Arena over regular Blarblade. Of course this is in part for the score bonus, but with how common cavalry units are now, it's proven to be good enough, while demanding fewer buffs.

"Good enough" doesn't equate to the "best choice", though, since Blarblade+ is significantly better against non-cavalry units and comparable against cavalry units. And the question was "best choice" as opposed to "good enough".

@Ice Dragon Thanks for the information! Thankfully Cancel Affinity is Mathilda-only, so I don't imagine many colorless units will be running it (not to mention the fact that there are far better B-slot skills, especially for the more powerful/common colorless units).

Question, you mentioned that exclusive weapons are better for mages than -blade tomes. Do you mean every single exclusive tome, including Linde's Aura effect, which is just Breath of Life 2?

I've always went back and forth between training up some -wolf tome users. They can be Horse Emblem counters, but -blade tomes are much more versatile in terms of nuking potential. Once I'm done with my other projects, I'll probably train them up just to have them in reserve, and bring them out maybe for PvE situations that are cavalry heavy.

3 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

@Ice Dragon Thanks for the information! Thankfully Cancel Affinity is Mathilda-only, so I don't imagine many colorless units will be running it (not to mention the fact that there are far better B-slot skills, especially for the more powerful/common colorless units).

Bride Cordelia (and other archers) have a habit of having Cancel Affinity at high Arena scores.

4 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

uestion, you mentioned that exclusive weapons are better for mages than -blade tomes. Do you mean every single exclusive tome, including Linde's Aura effect, which is just Breath of Life 2?

Only some. I just didn't want to list out each one.

53 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Good enough" doesn't equate to the "best choice", though, since Blarblade+ is significantly better against non-cavalry units and comparable against cavalry units. And the question was "best choice" as opposed to "good enough".

Oh I know, I definitely feel the sting when I'm in a specific spot where I wish I had Blarblade, but having used Blarwolf+ has let me see its value. I used to consider Wolf tomes practically worthless, though there's something to be said for being able to kill units like Reinhardt, Olwen, Camus, and Xander without any buffing or even counter attacking.

22 minutes ago, Johann said:

Oh I know, I definitely feel the sting when I'm in a specific spot where I wish I had Blarblade, but having used Blarwolf+ has let me see its value. I used to consider Wolf tomes practically worthless, though there's something to be said for being able to kill units like Reinhardt, Olwen, Camus, and Xander without any buffing or even counter attacking.

The only way that I could see Wolf tomes being more popular is by having triangle adept 2 built in against any horse unit regardless of color. So that any wolf tomes user can be a tough counter against horse teams. The same idea could apply to  armor slaying weapons. Or Intelligent Systems could create a B -slot skill that can do this. 

Edited by Jingle Jangle

20 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you're going the merged 4-star route, you may as well just promote one of the inferior Marths and merge down to get Falchion instead of promoting someone else and inheriting a different weapon. Either way, you'll end up with a +4 4-star Marth with a 5-star weapon and have spent 20,000 feathers, but this way, you'll have Falchion instead of a different weapon.

I'd say either do that or go with a 5-star Marth and toss the other four.

Looks like 5-star Marth and toss the other four is the way to go. With identical builds a merged *4 Marth has to be at least +7 in order to be superior to a +0 *5 Marth if they are both +SPD/-RES. I would have to pull 4 more Marths for essentially one additional point of ATK and SPD. So yeah... pass.

Also what do you mean merging down to get Falchion... I thought legendary weapons couldn't be inherit- Ah! merging. Merging a unit with it's higher starred version will give you their *5 weapon? BUT! You can't use SI to give say.. *5 Chrom's Falchion to Marth or even to a *4 Chrom, you would have to merge in the latter's case?