"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

Selena herself can do the same job Tobin does, but her Attack is a lot lower than Tobin's, so she might have trouble with the extremely bulky ones.

@Czarpy

Selena's Atk is high enough to deal with any green armor in the game with Glimmer/Moonbow and Axebreaker except for some of the bulkier ones running Cancel Affinity. She can even take care of Grima as long as he isn't running Wary Fighter or Cancel Affinity.

Tobin can do the same, but his lower Spd makes him more vulnerable to failing to double attack opponents with Wary Fighter and failing to double attack Grima.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Czarpy

Selena's Atk is high enough to deal with any green armor in the game with Glimmer/Moonbow and Axebreaker except for some of the bulkier ones running Cancel Affinity. She can even take care of Grima as long as he isn't running Wary Fighter or Cancel Affinity.

Tobin can do the same, but his lower Spd makes him more vulnerable to failing to double attack opponents with Wary Fighter and failing to double attack Grima.

welp

guess I'll just use selena then. Although they're interchangeable, the deciding factor has got to be the twintails

This question got asked by @Stylish on the previous page, and I'm not sure if it got answered. But what are people using for their A skills on Grima!Robin? I plan to keep his Vengeful Fighter. I'm actually thinking of going with Steady Stance since the Steady Breath +1 cooldown doesn't stack, and I've got that spare Black Knight. Would Fury be a smarter or just as decent/cheaper choice?

I got a second question: This is my current healer situation (Boey is just a visitor):

Spoiler

Yu78Rx3.png

Lachesis and Lyn will max their HM pretty soon in the ongoing TTs. Azama, Lissa, Wrys and Serra are going to be 4*+10 units with Azama being close (+6 currently). Should I merge a 5* copy into them to get the 5* exclusive skills, or do they want other skills (especially Serra)? Maria and Lucius will get a promotion to 5* when I'm out of healers. With whom should I start? (tagging staff expert @Hilda). 

My other question I asked earlier: 

Spoiler
20 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Today I got my Cordelia (+ATK/-HP) to 5*+6. As she is getting near to the magical "10", I'm thinking what build to give her. She is a fixed member of my arena team and this would make me do some expensive investments. Currently she runs TA3/Brave+/Swordbreaker3 (Drag Back/Hit&Run)/Goad Fliers/Reposition/Galefoce, which works in arena but is kind of boring.

My Tana already runs Firesweep+/LnD, I don't want to go that route with Cordelia.

@Maaka made a great Cordelia (see here) with Slaying Axe+. While I'm missing the +SPD nature and a spare Elincia, I could replace Fury with Swift Sparrow (still the same spare Lyn rotting in my barracks). 

Are there any other cool builds for her that I'm missing? 

- - - - - 

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

This question got asked by @Stylish on the previous page, and I'm not sure if it got answered. But what are people using for their A skills on Grima!Robin? I plan to keep his Vengeful Fighter. I'm actually thinking of going with Steady Stance since the Steady Breath +1 cooldown doesn't stack, and I've got that spare Black Knight. Would Fury be a smarter or just as decent/cheaper choice?

Steady Stance is a solid choiche to make him a even greater physically tank, but perhaps you want to help him to survive mages (his DC breath weapon which aims the weaker defensive stat + vengeful fighter make him a good mage counter). Double Distant Defense 3 plus buffs brings him easily in RES 40 regions. Fury + Distant Defense seal is the cheaper variant and should suffice in most situations. 

40 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Anyone knows good place to complete "Battling with Fjorm" quest? All I could think of right now is  Book 1, CH. 8 part 5.

If you have trouble beating the Level 40 quests, some weaker Level 40 units can be found in the current warriors/shadow dragon maps. 

Edited by mampfoid

22 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

If you have trouble beating the Level 40 quests, some weaker Level 40 units can be found in the current warriors/shadow dragon maps. 

I'm gonna try it out but my Askr Trios 4 stars. They're not gonna get brutally maul by the mooks?

Just now, Zangetsu said:

I'm gonna try it out but my Askr Trios 4 stars. They're not gonna get brutally maul by the mooks?

Perhaps you better not try to solve all quests at once and bring some support. The stamina cost isn't too high (15). 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Perhaps you better not try to solve all quests at once and bring some support. The stamina cost isn't too high (15). 

Well there was always my original but thanks for responding to my question.

37 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I beat the quests with my 5★ Askrs… but they all are mostly reasonably built. Sharena is my usual Sharena, Alfonse runs Axebreaker, Anna runs Fury + Desperation, and Fjorm is vanilla + Reposition + Close Def seal.

@mampfoid

Azama without his 5 star skills (martyr+)needs to run rehabilitate and imbue to get some healing potency. His offense is kinda arsed without pain+ 

In general all Healers are underwhelming for Arena if they dont run their 5 Star skills. For PvE their 4 Star skillz can do the job

2 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Thanks for the reply.

I decided to go Fury 3, as I have a few Hinatas to spare. I have 1 Rhajat for DD3 just in case though.

Steady Stance doesn't cover mages, so I personally wouldn't run it unless you've got a dedicated Mage counter.

So I'm looking to build a Felicia after my armour team was destroyed by one last week.

+Spd/-Def is the most ideal boon/bane combo right?

That said, the closest ones I have are either +Spd/-HP or +Spd/-Res, and I'm not sure the lowered bulk would be effective. Should I promote any of these Felicias or just wait for a better one?

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I beat the quests with my 5★ Askrs… but they all are mostly reasonably built. Sharena is my usual Sharena, Alfonse runs Axebreaker, Anna runs Fury + Desperation, and Fjorm is vanilla + Reposition + Close Def seal.

Yeah, I wouldn't compare my Sharena to yours, but my Askirs are all 5* and got useful skills. Therefore those quests don't give me much trouble. 

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Well there was always my original but thanks for responding to my question.

I'm not sure what you mean with your "original", but you should be done with all quests with two runs of a shadow dragon map. 2 Askirs plus healer plus dancer. If that doesn't work, 1 Askir, 1 dancer, 1 healer, 1 cleaner in 3 runs. 

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

@mampfoid

Azama without his 5 star skills (martyr+)needs to run rehabilitate and imbue to get some healing potency. His offense is kinda arsed without pain+ 

In general all Healers are underwhelming for Arena if they dont run their 5 Star skills. For PvE their 4 Star skillz can do the job

I do have spare Priscillas (one 5* and two 4*), but because of his low ATK he doesn't need the "+" version of rehabilitate. 

Arena is not the place for my healers, but lunatic/7 TTs. I know they would work also with 4*+0, but that's no fun. 

What shall I do with Serra? Rehabilitate? I saw a video in reddit with her nearly soloing Narcians infernal GHB. That was a 5*+10, Close Counter Absorb+ Serra though. 

/Edit: I just recognized I'm missing only Mist in my roster. Time for some new healers IS! 

/Edit: A growing doubt is nagging at me over the seemingly necessity of promoting healers for TTs, as I'm leveling a 4*+0 Lissa from Level 1 to 40 in lunatic/7. 

Edited by mampfoid

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

So I'm looking to build a Felicia after my armour team was destroyed by one last week.

That said, the closest ones I have are either +Spd/-HP or +Spd/-Res, and I'm not sure the lowered bulk would be effective. Should I promote any of these Felicias or just wait for a better one?

You can try +Atk, +Res/ -Def if you have one. I'm focus on QR build so I use +Atk because most of the time she tied her Spd with speedy mages so she can't double them with +Spd boon anyway. So she have to double by force in order to one round those speedy mages.

It's just my opinion, if you prefer +Spd, go for it. it's still great anyways. +Spd/ - HP is an okay choice if you won't let her take any physical damage.

Edited by Ginko

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Steady Stance is a solid choiche to make him a even greater physically tank, but perhaps you want to help him to survive mages (his DC breath weapon which aims the weaker defensive stat + vengeful fighter make him a good mage counter). Double Distant Defense 3 plus buffs brings him easily in RES 40 regions. Fury + Distant Defense seal is the cheaper variant and should suffice in most situations. 

1 hour ago, Stylish said:

Thanks for the reply.

I decided to go Fury 3, as I have a few Hinatas to spare. I have 1 Rhajat for DD3 just in case though.

Steady Stance doesn't cover mages, so I personally wouldn't run it unless you've got a dedicated Mage counter.

Fury seems tried and true. XD Never fails. I wish I was brave enough to use some of the more expensive skill fodder in my barracks, but I'm way too indecisive. Otherwise some other characters would have Steady Breath, DC, CC... I'll go with Fury then. ^^ I'll probably switch out a Distant Defense seal and Armor boots (for when I use him on mixed teams).

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

My other question I asked earlier: 

Hide contents
On 2/22/2018 at 5:53 AM, mampfoid said:

Today I got my Cordelia (+ATK/-HP) to 5*+6. As she is getting near to the magical "10", I'm thinking what build to give her. She is a fixed member of my arena team and this would make me do some expensive investments. Currently she runs TA3/Brave+/Swordbreaker3 (Drag Back/Hit&Run)/Goad Fliers/Reposition/Galefoce, which works in arena but is kind of boring.

My Tana already runs Firesweep+/LnD, I don't want to go that route with Cordelia.

@Maaka made a great Cordelia (see here) with Slaying Axe+. While I'm missing the +SPD nature and a spare Elincia, I could replace Fury with Swift Sparrow (still the same spare Lyn rotting in my barracks). 

Are there any other cool builds for her that I'm missing? 

For Player Phase melee units, Weapons are usually Firesweep, Slaying, and Brave, as well as Wo Dao if you are a sword unit. Ridersbane and Slaying Spear are more niche and only used if you trouble with cavalry or armor units. I think that covers all the regular lances. If Silver Weapons get a buff with higher Mt to compensate for not having any effects, you might also want to consider it in the future.

In my opinion, Firesweep-Hit and Run is generally the coolest build in my opinion.

You can also considering giving her Watersweep so she can shut down dragons, although that is a pretty niche application.

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

[+Spd, -Def] is the generally the best boon that allows her to fulfill a variety of roles on top of tanking enemy mages. You might need [+Res, -Def] for tanking some mages, but she should be able to handle most with +Spd.

-HP and -Res eats into Felicia's bulk, so I would be very careful using her as a mage tank. Felicia barely holds on with single digit HP after tanking an offensive mage, so you might want to use the calculator and check which mages she can tank and which she cannot. With -HP or -Res, she cannot handle Celica running Luna-Heavy Blade for sure unless you give her some buffs, that means tanking buffed Blade mages without buffs is generally out of the question except for maybe Odin.

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

I have a bunch of F!Corrins. Most have decent natures, but I found two with +Atk -HP and +Spd -HP. Which one should I invest in?

I would go with +Atk unless you need +Spd to Speed stack to handle something specific. +Atk gives her a +4 to Attack at 5*, from 27 to 31, so she does not hit like a wet noodle. If you need more Speed you can just give her more buffs or Speed +3 Sacred Seal.

Just now, XRay said:

I would go with +Atk unless you need +Spd to Speed stack to handle something specific. +Atk gives her a +4 to Attack at 5*, from 27 to 31, so she does not hit like a wet noodle. If you need more Speed you can just give her more buffs or Speed +3 Sacred Seal.

thanks d00d

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

For Player Phase melee units, Weapons are usually Firesweep, Slaying, and Brave, as well as Wo Dao if you are a sword unit. Ridersbane and Slaying Spear are more niche and only used if you trouble with cavalry or armor units. I think that covers all the regular lances. If Silver Weapons get a buff with higher Mt to compensate for not having any effects, you might also want to consider it in the future.

In my opinion, Firesweep-Hit and Run is generally the coolest build in my opinion.

You can also considering giving her Watersweep so she can shut down dragons, although that is a pretty niche application.

Ok thank you, so I didn't miss any cool build. Perhaps I'll give her Firesweep anyway, I have some spare Rodericks. Slaying Axe sounds also pretty nice though. 

Hello, asking another question in regards to IVs:

I'm stuck between two IVS of Grima I'd like to be the base of my merges. There's (-HP / + Def) and (-Spd /+Res).  I've read HP can be tossed and after Atk, Def is the next best boon. However, I really enjoy the extra mixed bulk the later gives him for 35 Def /30 Res with no hit to HP.

What would you guys recommend over the other? If it helps, I am also going a steady breath / vengeful build.

Thanks again!

Edited by OmNomNom
Random Spoiler box

24 minutes ago, OmNomNom said:

Hello, asking another question in regards to IVs:

I'm stuck between two IVS of Grima I'd like to be the base of my merges. There's (-HP / + Def) and (-Spd /+Res).  I've read HP can be tossed and after Atk, Def is the next best boon. However, I really enjoy the extra mixed bulk the later gives him for 35 Def /30 Res with no hit to HP.

What would you guys recommend over the other? If it helps, I am also going a steady breath / vengeful build.

Thanks again!

You will never go wrong with -Spd because -Spd is his optimal bane and allow him to upgrade elsewhere. With that said, I'll pick -Spd/+Res so he can duel mage and dragon better.

Personally, I think he had enough Def so he don't need more of that except you prefer him to be physical wall than mixed tank.

Last thing is Steady Breath/ Warding Breath won't stack with Vengeful Fighter but it can synergize well with Bold Fighter if you want him to be mixed phase monster by fodder a Hardin.

24 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Has anyone figured out the most optimal A-slot skill for Fallen Celica? Mine has a +Spd nature and I have been trying to decide between giving her Fury, Swift Sparrow or Steady Breath.

Death Blow 3. Atk +3 is also okay.

12 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Why not further boost her speed? Speed boon plus beloved Sophia puts her at 42, add Swift Sparrow or Fury and you have one fast unit. 

Death Blow and Atk +3 are easily obtainable compared to Swift Sparrow. Fury is a good skill, but I would't use it on Celica. Swift Sparrow is premium fodder.