"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

The strategy itself is simple. Jamke ends turn and procs Vantage for kills.

Jamke is fine against flier balls, but against other enemies, I would choose someone else as the primary Counter-Vantage unit. With how bulky things can get, I do not recommend Counter-Vantage for any unit unless they can easily achieve 85+ Atk or can simulate that insanely high Atk. While Jamke can get insanely high Atk against fliers, his Atk is kind of lacking against other enemies. He can reach 88 Atk with merges and Dragonflowers (58), Atk Tactic (6), double Savage Blows (14), and M!Corrin with double Drive Atks (10), but that requires a lot of support and effort.

HIgh Atk (one hit kill)/(two hit kill): Blade mages, Laevatein, Ares (via Bonfire triggers), Keaton, WOT!Reinhardt (Maybe? His Atk is a little low compared to Keaton.) 
These are your standard Counter-Vantage units. The red ones are the OG type that relies on killing things in one hit. The blue ones are the newer types that retaliate twice.

Pain: Pain healers, Jaffar
Their Atk "increases" by 10 after every round of combat since Pain reduces nearby enemies' HP by 10, which is basically a round about way of increasing Atk.

Effective Weapons: Archers, Naga, other units with Effective Weapons
Same idea as high Atk Counter-Vantage units, but it only works against a smaller number of enemies.

14 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Since I can finally start scoring optimally in AR, I’ve decided to start taking the mode more seriously this season. My resources are split between my Arena core and AR offense at the moment, so I don’t want to break the bank on my Astra season team if I can help it.

If you just want to climb to Tier 21 and not care about ranking, you do not have to invest in both Light and Astra teams unless you really want to get to Tier 21 faster or something. I recommend investing in Light units first since you will be spending less resources as the game already gives you 1 Eir for free and Eir is a better support unit than Naga in my opinion.

A super tank team consisting of Sharena, 2 M!Corrins, and 2 Eirs costs 80,000 Feathers (the extra 20,000 Feathers is for Guard on Sharena), 600 Divine Dew, and enough Orbs to summon 1 Distant Counter fodder and 1 extra Eir.

However, since you invested in 2 Nagas already, if you want to be really cheap, I recommend switching Sharena out for Fjorm, but it might be more difficult to outfit her since you will want Steady Stance 4 or Warding Stance 4 for A slot Guard which are less common than Distant Counter. You may also want Renewal on the B slot or prioritize Healing Tower (O) for sustainability since you do not have Eir for healing.

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Jamke is fine against flier balls, but against other enemies, I would choose someone else as the primary Counter-Vantage unit. With how bulky things can get, I do not recommend Counter-Vantage for any unit unless they can easily achieve 85+ Atk or can simulate that insanely high Atk.

HIgh Atk (one hit kill)/(two hit kill): Blade mages, Laevatein, Ares (via Bonfire triggers), Keaton, WOT!Reinhardt (Maybe? His Atk is a little low compared to Keaton.) 

Pain

Effective Weapons

I have a DC Vantage Ares, but I can’t say I’ve been overly impressed with his performance. He has a better stat total due to being melee, and he’ll likely outperform Jamke if he isn’t hard countered. However the situations where he gets countered are still very common. Red is worse than colorless for tanking, since many popular defense team units are blue. I think the units who care the least about color advantage are Laevatein and Bladetome users like Tharja.

It might be worthwhile to Astra bless Ares, but I have Def Smoke as his slot C instead of Savage Blow. And I have no Camillas left.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

If you just want to climb to Tier 21 and not care about ranking, you do not have to invest in both Light and Astra teams unless you really want to get to Tier 21 faster or something. I recommend investing in Light units first since you will be spending less resources as the game already gives you 1 Eir for free and Eir is a better support unit than Naga in my opinion.

However, since you invested in 2 Nagas already, if you want to be really cheap, I recommend switching Sharena out for Fjorm, but it might be more difficult to outfit her since you will want Steady Stance 4 or Warding Stance 4 for A slot Guard which are less common than Distant Counter. You may also want Renewal on the B slot or prioritize Healing Tower (O) for sustainability since you do not have Eir for healing.

Would promoting Aversa be a good idea for Light season then? She’s very good at checking inflated stats due to her weapon.

I’m planning on pulling in July for Eir and DC fodder Legendary Hector, so we’ll see how that goes.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

I have a DC Vantage Ares, but I can’t say I’ve been overly impressed with his performance. He has a better stat total due to being melee, and he’ll likely outperform Jamke if he isn’t hard countered. However the situations where he gets countered are still very common. Red is worse than colorless for tanking, since many popular defense team units are blue. I think the units who care the least about color advantage are Laevatein and Bladetome users like Tharja.

It might be worthwhile to Astra bless Ares, but I have Def Smoke as his slot C instead of Savage Blow. And I have no Camillas left.

I think they hit similar Atk numbers. Ares hits a bit lower, but his Bonfire damage is not affected by the color triangle so he might be able to face off against blues more effectively. Ares is harder to set up though since he not only needs his HP to be low, which is the easy part with so many Bolt Traps around, he also needs to charge his Bonfire quickly, which is not as easy unless you have Velouria.

Laevatein +Atk at +0 has 40 Atk, 19 Mt Laevatein, 7 Atk from Brazen Sacred Seal, and 30 Atk VS!Azura's buffs. That totals 96 Atk. At full merges and flowers, that totals 102 Atk. Including Summoner Support, that totals 104 Atk.

Ares +Atk at +0 got 39 Atk and 33 Def, 16 Mt Dark Mystletainn, 7 Atk/Def from Brazen Atk/Def, 6 Atk/Def from VS!Azura (or any unit with Atk Tactic-Def Tactic combo), and 23 damage Bonfire. That totals 91 Atk. At full merges and flowers, that totals 98 Atk if I did my math right. Including Summoner Support, that totals 101 Atk.

Def Smoke is totally fine. Def Smoke can work either phase to increase his Atk by 7, while Savage Blow does the same thing but only on Player Phase. You can stack Savage Blow repeatedly with multiple Dancers/Singers support on Player Phase, which is its main advantage over Def Smoke, but it is difficult to pull off.

Would promoting Aversa be a good idea for Light season then? She’s very good at checking inflated stats due to her weapon.

I’m planning on pulling in July for Eir and DC fodder Legendary Hector, so we’ll see how that goes.

If your goal is to just chill at Tier 21 and not care about rank, then I would not bother with investing in both seasons, since you can still get there with climbing only during Astra season.

I definitely recommend using Aversa since she is really good, but just be sure you really want her to be on the Light team and not Astra team since she cannot be in both places at once unless you switch her Blessing constantly or build 2 of her, which are both expensive options.

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I have a +Spd/-HP Siegbert- does he make a good Galeforce user and if so would a +Might weapon help him net more kills or would he be better speed stacking?

+Spd is fine. If you want him to Galeforce, you do not necessarily need to switch his Weapon, but you can switch to Slaying Edge if you want to so he can rely on Desperation to Galeforce.

If you are Refining Weapons, I recommend avoiding Atk Refinements since the stat gain is really low and Spd Refinement is generally better for Player Phase. There are exceptions such as Atk Refinement on Brave Weapons, but those are few and far between.

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I have a +Spd/-HP Siegbert- does he make a good Galeforce user and if so would a +Might weapon help him net more kills or would he be better speed stacking?

Siegbert isn't very unique among Galeforce units. If anything, his high Atk makes Galeforce procs very inconsistent.

Who are his teammates? A Velouria is a huge deal for Galeforce teams by giving him a cooldown reduction.

47 minutes ago, XRay said:

If your goal is to just chill at Tier 21 and not care about rank, then I would not bother with investing in both seasons, since you can still get there with climbing only during Astra season.

Another reason to roll the legendary banner in July is to get Alm for scoring in Allegiance Battles. But if I don't need the second Eir I could just keep using orbs on this current Mythic banner to get Naga and L Tiki merges. What do you think?

47 minutes ago, XRay said:

I definitely recommend using Aversa since she is really good, but just be sure you really want her to be on the Light team and not Astra team since she cannot be in both places at once unless you switch her Blessing constantly or build 2 of her, which are both expensive options.

The support units I currently use in AR are Leanne and Corrin, on separate teams. I want to save feathers to merge up my arena core. I think I will hold on investing into Aversa. For now, at least.

Well, I'm being indecisive again and would like to get some suggestions that I may or may not continue procrastinating on.

Question 1: Distant Def 4

I've managed to pick up 2 spare copies of Caineghis while pulling for Bride Fjorm and can't decide who I want to give Distant Def 4 to. I'm mostly focused on units that I could use for Aether Raids. My options are

• Merge them into my existing +1 Caineghis to get a +3 Caineghis.
  • Winter Fae. This would switch her build from Glittering Breath + Distant Counter to Lightning Breath + Distant Def 4. This will make her significantly better at tanking ranged units, but cost her 2 Atk and 2~4 bulk against annoying melee enemies (but would make her independent of positioning).
  • Legendary Tiki. Will replace Svalinn Shield in Aether Raids, though I also have the option of using Fortress Def/Res instead.
  • Dark Tiki. Will replace the mostly-useless-for-this-purpose Brazen Atk/Spd, though I also have the option of using Fortress Def/Res instead.
  • Faye. This would give me an excuse to build her (and merge her to +8), and she is not vulnerable to armor- and dragon-effective weapons.
  • Legendary Lyn. Laws of Sacae is getting a bit outdated, but it still provides +4 Atk and Spd that she really does want.

Question 2: Sturdy Impact

I've also been sitting on 2 spare copies of Tibarn, and Sturdy Impact is way too valuable to like ever merge him.

• Kinshi Hinoka. This one is almost guaranteed to happen. Hinoka has a lot to gain from Sturdy Impact considering her damage output with Warrior Princess is right on the line for one-hit kills on armors. The follow-up prevention and +10 Def are a great fall-back for the cases where she can't quite land a one-hit kill.
  • Catria or Est. (Palla's built-in Triangle Adept makes Sturdy Impact less important for her.)
  • Legendary Alm. Because he's made of bullshit and deserves to get all the bullshit he can get his hands on, though I might want to hold out for Bonus Doubler or Flashing Blade 4 instead since he's infantry.
  • Someone else?

Question 3: Bride Fjorm

+Spd or +Atk? Or +HP... maybe... if I get one?

Question 4: Naga

+Spd or +Atk? I'm leaning towards +Spd even though it has slightly worse performance when buffed to the moon and back.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, I'm being indecisive again and would like to get some suggestions that I may or may not continue procrastinating on.

I've managed to pick up 2 spare copies of Caineghis while pulling for Bride Fjorm and can't decide who I want to give Distant Def 4 to.

If you don't have an invested colorless tank in AR yet, merging Caineghis is definitely more worthwhile than foddering him off. DD4 isn't a very good skill in my opinion because it takes a valuable slot. Especially for a unit with weaknesses like an armor.

Even if you already have a colorless tank, making a second one for a different season wouldn't hurt. Caineghis is the best armor unit for this role at the moment, with Fallen Tiki being a close second.

I've also been sitting on 2 spare copies of Tibarn, and Sturdy Impact is way too valuable to like ever merge him.

Definitely Saint-King Alm. I hope I don't need to explain why Sturdy Impact + Null Follow Up is busted as hell.

• Question 3: Bride Fjorm

Definitely +HP. As a support unit, Fjorm won't be fighting. Like Aversa, you will want to stack her HP as much as possible to ensure you can get Isolation off consistently.

+Spd or +Atk? I'm leaning towards +Spd even though it has slightly worse performance when buffed to the moon and back.

I'm leaning +Spd since Naga getting extra Atk isn't as valuable if you can't hit for effective damage. And I doubt people will be using dragon units in high level AR in Astra.

56 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

If you don't have an invested colorless tank in AR yet, merging Caineghis is definitely more worthwhile than foddering him off. DD4 isn't a very good skill in my opinion because it takes a valuable slot. Especially for a unit with weaknesses like an armor.

Even if you already have a colorless tank, making a second one for a different season wouldn't hurt. Caineghis is the best armor unit for this role at the moment, with Fallen Tiki being a close second.

I still consider green to be a better color for tanking than colorless because blue is the most threatening nuke color, namely because of Ophelia and Reinhardt. My current tank is Winter Fae, and she's really only vulnerable to Raudhrblade (and will no longer be if she has Distant Def 4), red melee units, and red units with Triangle Adept or armor-effective weapons.

So even if I decide to merge Caineghis up (because he is probably the next best tank at the moment), I'd probably still hand out one copy of Distant Def 4 to Fae.

I also feel like I've seen a not-completely-negligible number of Triangle Adept Gronnraven Cecilias recently for some reason, but maybe it's just me.

Definitely Saint-King Alm. I hope I don't need to explain why Sturdy Impact + Null Follow Up is busted as hell.

Sturdy Impact's follow-up prevention is pretty much wasted when running Null Follow-Up (since Alm is naturally blisteringly fast), and Bonus Doubler does pretty much the same thing while also giving Alm a boost to Spd and Res. That's the primary reason I'm hesitant to give Sturdy Impact to Alm and most other infantry.

Definitely +HP. As a support unit, Fjorm won't be fighting. Like Aversa, you will want to stack her HP as much as possible to ensure you can get Isolation off consistently.

Neutral Fjorm has 42 base HP. The highest base HP on neutral dancers are

• 42 on Ninian
  • 40 on Sylvia
  • 38 on Xander
  • 37 on Inigo, New Year Azura, and Reyson

The most common dancers in Aether Raids are Legendary Azura and Micaiah, both of whom have only 33 HP. Azura is occasionally a bonus unit, giving her 43 HP, but almost never runs an HP boost for the Sacred Seal slot due to how Prayer Wheel interacts with Dance B skills.

Bonus unit +10 Legendary Azura [=HP] has 52 HP with B Duel Flying 3 equipped, which can still be hit by +10 Bride Fjorm [=HP], who has 56 HP with HP +5 equipped twice. Azura with an HP asset will require an HP asset on Fjorm, a Fortress level advantage, or a Mythic bonus stat advantage, but with how many Legendary Heroes there currently are in the rotation, I don't think Legendary Azura being a bonus unit is a threat that requires that urgent of countermeasures.

And then there's the fact that I don't actually have a +HP copy of Fjorm yet.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Who else or what else are you looking for with Sturdy Impact? And does anyone else have it? The one unit that comes to mind for me with giving Sturdy Impact is Flora due to how Hoarfrost Knife works against Distant Counter units. Otherwise, Hana to save her in cases where she needs to take a hit, I guess. Also, Naesala could run it to be a blue counterpart to Tibarn if that's useful to you. Maybe wait until the update if you're interested in those units getting new weapons?

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

With her being a flier, a bunch of Goads could make her speed overkill and it'd get even worse if she's running Divine Fang and she was adjacent to an ally or allies. At that point, more attack would be useful.

That said, +Spd would make her more flexible on mixed, off-flier teams and other than herself, summer kid Tiki and any flying dagger with Cloud Maiougi are the only fliers with effective damage against dragons and F!Grima and Myrrh are the only other flying dragons along with kid Tiki. That could make her speed reliant on positioning well with Divine Fang and however else she can get her speed buffed. That could be harder on mixed teams.

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Who else or what else are you looking for with Sturdy Impact? And does anyone else have it? The one unit that comes to mind for me with giving Sturdy Impact is Flora due to how Hoarfrost Knife works against Distant Counter units. Otherwise, Hana to save her in cases where she needs to take a hit, I guess. Also, Naesala could run it to be a blue counterpart to Tibarn if that's useful to you. Maybe wait until the update if you're interested in those units getting new weapons?

No one has Sturdy Impact right now except for the one Tibarn that I'm keeping, but Kinshi Hinoka is extremely likely to get my second copy.

I'm right now most closely considering fliers for the skill because infantry have access to Bonus Doubler, making my main focus fliers that don't have a strong need for their Spd stat and can use the boost to Def, like Catria, Est, and Elincia (which means I'm not going to be making a decision on Sturdy Impact until after the update drops). I think the only infantry unit that really has a chance of being considered right now is vanilla Ephraim.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I still consider green to be a better color for tanking than colorless because blue is the most threatening nuke color, namely because of Ophelia and Reinhardt. My current tank is Winter Fae, and she's really only vulnerable to Raudhrblade (and will no longer be if she has Distant Def 4), red melee units, and red units with Triangle Adept or armor-effective weapons.

So even if I decide to merge Caineghis up (because he is probably the next best tank at the moment), I'd probably still hand out one copy of Distant Def 4 to Fae.

I prefer the consistency that Caineghis has. His usefulness will remain the same even if another color becomes dominant later on. He's also one of the few armors with no weakness (barring the like five people that pulled for and merged up Picnic Flora, I guess). With Svalinn Shield he doesn't fear effective weapons.

Since you can spare the resources for Fae, she'll likely outperform Caineghis because blues are more common on AR defense. However I like Caine as a long-term investment since he's less prone to being affected by a meta shift.

Sturdy Impact's follow-up prevention is pretty much wasted when running Null Follow-Up (since Alm is naturally blisteringly fast), and Bonus Doubler does pretty much the same thing while also giving Alm a boost to Spd and Res. That's the primary reason I'm hesitant to give Sturdy Impact to Alm and most other infantry.

I wouldn't say it's wasted. If I'm not mistaken, Sturdy Impact and Null Follow Up together makes it so doubling Alm is completely impossible on enemy phase. Sturdy Impact also provides incombat buffs, which can't be Panic'd unlike Bonus Doubler. He can then utilize his high base Spd stat to avoid doubles on player phase. You pretty much have to use a brave weapon or net a oneshot to deal with him.

Neutral Fjorm has 42 base HP. The most common dancers in Aether Raids are Legendary Azura and Micaiah, both of whom have only 33 HP. Azura is occasionally a bonus unit, giving her 43 HP, but almost never runs an HP boost for the Sacred Seal slot due to how Prayer Wheel interacts with Dance B skills.

Bonus unit +10 Legendary Azura [=HP] has 52 HP with B Duel Flying 3 equipped, which can still be hit by +10 Bride Fjorm [=HP], who has 56 HP with HP +5 equipped twice. Azura with an HP asset will require an HP asset on Fjorm, a Fortress level advantage, or a Mythic bonus stat advantage, but with how many Legendary Heroes there currently are in the rotation, I don't think Legendary Azura being a bonus unit is a threat that requires that urgent of countermeasures.

And then there's the fact that I don't actually have a +HP copy of Fjorm yet.

The nice thing about Isolation is that you can use it against any Assist. It'll most likely be used to disable the Dancer, but hitting other units in say, a Rally trap is also very potent. +HP may be excessive, but it lets her do her job better. I'm not 100% familiar with how much HP other units will have in an optimized defense team, but you can check and see if it's necessary.

If your Fjorm is already +10, +Spd base might be good to keep.

Edited by MrSmokestack

21 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

He's also one of the few armors with no weakness (barring the like five people that pulled for and merged up Picnic Flora, I guess). With Svalinn Shield he doesn't fear effective weapons.

If he's running Svalinn Shield, he can't be running Distant Def 4, and I don't think his Res is nearly high enough to not be running Distant Def 4 if he wants to tank some of the more stacked enemy teams.

(After all, my solution for Infantry Pulse teams is typically to just let Fae tank all of it because she usually can.)

That said, I think you've made a pretty good case for building up Caineghis, so I'll definitely keep that option on the table (though I still want to see what other suggestions come in).

24 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I wouldn't say it's wasted. If I'm not mistaken, Sturdy Impact and Null Follow Up together makes it so doubling Alm is completely impossible on enemy phase. Sturdy Impact also provides incombat buffs, which can't be Panic'd unlike Bonus Doubler. He can then utilize his high base Spd stat to avoid doubles on player phase. You pretty much have to use a brave weapon or net a oneshot to deal with him.

His Spd is typically high enough such that it's generally not possible to double him on his player phase in the first place, and Bonus Doubler is specifically used to have +6 to all stats courtesy of Legendary Azura, meaning he'll have already shaken off his Panic to be danced before initiating combat.

Furthermore, I would prefer not to spend premium skills on my defense teams (considering my current one already hovers around a 70% win rate), meaning Alm's performance on his enemy phase is generally irrelevant. The only times I have him fight on enemy phase are in Allegiance Battles where enemies simply aren't threatening enough for premium skills to matter and killing enemies before they can swarm you is more important than optimizing combat performance.

32 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

The nice thing about Isolation is that you can use it against any Assist. It'll most likely be used to disable the Dancer, but hitting other units in say, a Rally trap is also very potent.

Rally traps can also be shut down by Isolating the dancer. If there are multiple dancers, it's extremely unlikely that both of them are Legendary Azura (it's also extremely unlikely that there are more than 2 of them), and the one that isn't Legendary Azura is significantly less threatening because the map is usually built with Gray Waves's movement boost in mind. Rally traps that don't include Legendary Azura at all appear to typically rely on both dancers being able to dance.

@Ice Dragon

Question 1:

I would personally prioritize 1) one or more of the dragons, 2) merge, and 3) Faye. I wouldn’t be keen on prioritizing Lyn because she has less opportunities to be used. I’m on the fence about Faye due to personal experience; DD4 is great for -blade tomes, but I wouldn’t take it over Steady Stance 4’s Special Charge reduction. I think that between 2x Eir, buffs, and stat stacking from her bow and seal slot (plus the relative rarity of -blade tomes compared to Special-focused threats, at least from my experience), she’s bulky enough to not need DD4. Merging is a good choice, but I think it would be easier to just use one or more of the dragons, who are merged already and don’t depend on the beast transformation mechanic.

Question 2:

I legitimately have no idea on this one, because I prefer my Player Phase units to avoid enemy follow-ups by KOing them before it happens (good point on using it to bump up the bulk of a unit that might otherwise get OHKO’d, though). I also agree with all of the points you’ve made thus far regarding Alm. I feel that Sturdy Impact is more impactful useful in enemy hands than the player’s, but that’s probably just my play style talking.

Maybe some physically bulky Galeforce users without Desperation would be able to benefit from it, if you’re into that. Especially the ones that don’t, or shouldn’t, have “Accelerates Special trigger” on their weapon, like Ephraim: Legendary Lord.

Question 3:

I’d lean toward one of the offenses. She should be fine for the biggest threat, Azura: Vallite Songstress, if you give her HP boosting skills. I believe that with a refined weapon and Mythic bonuses on top of their passive slots, Ninian and Sylvia can hit HP thresholds that +HP Fjorm can’t break without Summoner Support, and I think their threat level is lower enough than Azura’s that you can afford to let that go.

As far as +Atk vs +Spd, I want to say that I lean +Spd, but I don’t have any evidence to back it.

Question 4:

I lean +Atk for Naga. This is mostly because she has good Spd already, and a built-in way to stack it even higher. Her Atk could use the help; 33/36 offenses looks a lot better to me than 30/39. Atk is also marginally better for effective damage, which would come in handy for AA on Astra weeks, if that’s a use case you care about.

Total side note, I’ve been contemplating saving orbs to +10 Naga on her next appearance in August, because 1) AR, 2) Tiki is also reappearing then, and 3) she’s available for 50% of Arena seasons, and Divine Fang would be a nice support skill for a bonus unit.

Bumping my previous question because there is less than 6 hours left on the banner I still have a little over 470 orbs I don't mind using. As far as skill fodder I'm waiting for a G Duel Infantry banner and...that's it. But here:

8 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Another reason to roll the legendary banner in July is to get Alm for scoring in Allegiance Battles. But if I don't need the second Eir I could just keep using orbs on this current Mythic banner to get Naga and L Tiki merges. What do you think?

Edited by MrSmokestack

Bumping my previous question because there is less than 6 hours left on the banner I still have a little over 470 orbs I don't mind using.

It depends on your goals. If you're climbing Aether Raids on a more laid-back schedule, you only need one of 2 Eirs or 2 Nagas. If you're looking to be competitive, you'll want to get both 2 Eirs and 2 Nagas.

On the other hand, I highly encourage pulling for Alm, especially if you don't already have him.

On a side note, I have pulled all 11 Fjorms I need, and I didn't get a single +HP copy, though I have a neutral copy that can also contend for merge base...

Edited by Ice Dragon

23 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

In that case, I would save the Orbs for July. SK!Alm is pretty good, and once you have him, Allegiance Battles should be pretty easy.

Since you got 2 Nagas, you are pretty much set for climbing.

20 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I've managed to pick up 2 spare copies of Caineghis while pulling for Bride Fjorm and can't decide who I want to give Distant Def 4 to. I'm mostly focused on units that I could use for Aether Raids. My options are

•  Merge them into my existing +1 Caineghis to get a +3 Caineghis.
  •  Winter Fae. This would switch her build from Glittering Breath + Distant Counter to Lightning Breath + Distant Def 4. This will make her significantly better at tanking ranged units, but cost her 2 Atk and 2~4 bulk against annoying melee enemies (but would make her independent of positioning).
  • Legendary Tiki. Will replace Svalinn Shield in Aether Raids, though I also have the option of using Fortress Def/Res instead.
  •  Dark Tiki. Will replace the mostly-useless-for-this-purpose Brazen Atk/Spd, though I also have the option of using Fortress Def/Res instead.
  •  Faye. This would give me an excuse to build her (and merge her to +8), and she is not vulnerable to armor- and dragon-effective weapons.
  • Legendary Lyn. Laws of Sacae is getting a bit outdated, but it still provides +4 Atk and Spd that she really does want.

I lean towards Caineghis and DW!Y!Tiki. Both colorlerss armor units are absurd in that they got A skills not in their A slot. Caineghis got Distant Counter and Fury on his Weapon, while DW!Y!Tiki got Armored Boots and Fury on her C slot and Distant Counter on her Weapon.

Faye is also nice as she can tank almost all ranged units running all the important B skills: Quick Riposte (Weapon), Dull Range (A), and Guard (B). I am not sure how useful or practical she will be though since defense teams often have melee and ranged units overlapping.

•  Kinshi Hinoka. This one is almost guaranteed to happen. Hinoka has a lot to gain from Sturdy Impact considering her damage output with Warrior Princess is right on the line for one-hit kills on armors. The follow-up prevention and +10 Def are a great fall-back for the cases where she can't quite land a one-hit kill.
  • Catria or Est. (Palla's built-in Triangle Adept makes Sturdy Impact less important for her.)
  • Legendary Alm. Because he's made of bullshit and deserves to get all the bullshit he can get his hands on, though I might want to hold out for Bonus Doubler or Flashing Blade 4 instead since he's infantry.
  •  Someone else?

I lean towards units with Effective Weapons or Brave Weapons.

For SK!Alm, when I am using Sharena as a super tank, he is kind of pathetic since he is not fast enough to double Sharena unless he stacks enough Spd. And even then, he still cannot kill Sharena.

Question 3: Bride Fjorm

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

On a side note, I have pulled all 11 Fjorms I need, and I didn't get a single +HP copy, though I have a neutral copy that can also contend for merge base...

Since she is the best kouhai, you can pull 22 more Fjorms to get one of each +HP/Atk/Spd.

For combat, I personally would not bother with +Spd unless you are also outfitting the healer with an offensive A skill like Atk/Spd Solo or something. Without an offensive A skill, it is hard to double fast units, and your healer will double slow units anyways. +Spd is a bit better defensively though.

I lean towards +Spd to double fast units.

Edited by XRay

One copy of Distant Def 4 ended up going to Winter Fae. I'm leaning towards merging the other copy of Caineghis, but I'm still on the fence.

One copy of Sturdy Impact will go to Hinoka once I get off of my lazy ass. The other is on hold until Amiti's refine effect is revealed.

Fjorm is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Leaning towards +Spd.

Naga is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Leaning towards +Spd, but only slightly.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I refined Faye's weapon and intend to keep Distant Defense 9. Should I switch from QR on B because it's on her weapon now, or is double QR still worth it to counter Wary Winter Eirika?

EDIT TO ADD: I have Null Follow-Up. Is it worth it to also stop Brave-Bold H!Jakob? She survived him but was the worse for wear.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

The game gifted me a WoF!Hinoka so I'm thinking of building a team around Flier Guidance. Figured Est and Palla will fit well onto the team but I'm debating who should be the last team member. SF!Nino for magical damage or Cherche for her monstrous attack power? 

Decided to go all in on the Mythic banner and got some extra L Tikis and a Naga.

Which base should I keep for my Tiki, +Res, +Atk, or +Spd? I’m leaning toward +Atk since that seems the most generally useful. I doubt I will use her in AR because her weaknesses are a hassle to play around. I don’t even have Sheena for Svalinn

EDIT: I'm also planning on changing her build to this once I get the resources for it:

Spoiler

Divine Breath

Swap / Reposition

Noontime

Svalinn Shield

Special Fighter 3

With Everyone!

Atk Smoke 3

Arena build will just use the highest-scoring skills I have access to. So Rally Assist, Aether, Fierce Breath, and a Drive in the S slot

Which Naga should I merge into? I have a +Def -Atk unmerged one with no fodder that I use for scoring, but the other two are +Res and +Spd.

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Which base should I keep for my Tiki, +Res, +Atk, or +Spd? I’m leaning toward +Atk since that seems the most generally useful. I doubt I will use her in AR because her weaknesses are a hassle to play around. I don’t even have Sheena for Svalinn

A Special Fighter build pretty much requires her to run +Spd to get the most out of it, whereas +Atk is superior for Bold Fighter and Vengeful Fighter builds.

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Which Naga should I merge into? I have a +Def -Atk unmerged one with no fodder that I use for scoring, but the other two are +Res and +Spd.

Given your options, I'd go for +Spd if you're planning to use her primarily for player phase. Probably +Spd for enemy phase, too, though that's a less straightforward call.

@LordFrigid

I finally. Finally got a Caeda after all these months, but as is tradition she is minus attack. 
but this one is +speed. i figure i can just promote this one + 1 more and nullify that bane until the dream of +atk happens. I'd (eventually) like to get her DC for magic tanky - but for now would Fury be best for her? Death Blow to help her on player phase? 

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

@LordFrigid

I finally. Finally got a Caeda after all these months, but as is tradition she is minus attack. 
but this one is +speed. i figure i can just promote this one + 1 more and nullify that bane until the dream of +atk happens. I'd (eventually) like to get her DC for magic tanky - but for now would Fury be best for her? Death Blow to help her on player phase? 

Fury is good for the extra bulk (especially speed) if you choose +atk later. It also allows safer Desperation access. Death Blow is generally good on any offensive unit. If your ultimate goal is DC, then whatever you choose now is somewhat less important. I'd look at your current quantities of Fury and Death Blow, then figure out how many copies of those skills you plan on giving to various current (and future) units, and go from there.

I personally chose Fury/Desperation for my Caeda.

37 minutes ago, Tree said:

Fury is good for the extra bulk (especially speed) if you choose +atk later. It also allows safer Desperation access. Death Blow is generally good on any offensive unit. If your ultimate goal is DC, then whatever you choose now is somewhat less important. I'd look at your current quantities of Fury and Death Blow, then figure out how many copies of those skills you plan on giving to various current (and future) units, and go from there.

I personally chose Fury/Desperation for my Caeda.

i am swimming in Kleins. (i guess that's what happens when the last few banners all i've been doing is shopping in colourless). I had thought life and death but i figure why hurt her res (now). i can do fury and desperation. lol when in doubt, fury. 

thanks Tree.