Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious as to how a hypothetical runners-up CYL banner would be like. For the girls, the top two characters not in Heroes yet are Selkie and Morgan while the top two males (excluding Leif on account of his main character status like Micaiah was) are Kliff and Keaton. Only issue is that beasts aren't in the game yet outside of dragons.

10 minutes ago, Florete said:

Were there really that many people making duplicate accounts to get more votes in or is there something else I'm missing?

Well, I know someone who made 50 accounts, so maybe there are other fanatics like that out there....

Not quite sure what they'll do with Veronica, and I honestly wouldn't have minded if Camilla won anyway. But let's go Celicaaaaaaaaaa

Aaaand Hicks is our new Thracia underdog, placing third from last above Garth and Blume, who are unplayable vilains. With 9 votes.

Glade garnered roughly 30 times as many votes as last time, which... is okay.

Salty girl right here.

Marth comes second overall if you combine his votes for a total of 37192. I told you I'd be salty, so I'm really sorry but fgs this stings.

I've noticed that he appears with the winners though, so hopefully IS pulls their finger out and does something with him.

17 minutes ago, Florete said:

I do.

The first one was announced in the FE direct. It would have had most of the series' fanbase voting, and with more individual votes for each person. This one didn't get so much attention. You'd likely only know about it at all if you still play Heroes, and even then it's entirely possible you missed it if you're a more casual player who isn't involved in fan sites and doesn't check the news board all the time.

I don't know about FE Direct and all that, but as far as the casual player goes, the news board of the game literally opens automatically as soon you start the game every single day. 

Those levels of not paying attention transcend even "Complete Book II to get Fjorm as an ally!"'s levels of idiocy.

4 minutes ago, Lau said:

Salty girl right here.

Marth comes second overall if you combine his votes for a total of 37192. I told you I'd be salty, so I'm really sorry but fgs this stings.

I've noticed that he appears with the winners though, so hopefully IS pulls their finger out and does something with him.

And the reason they will might be because they already have CYL Camilla designed. :P Still, ends justifies the means in this case I guess.

Normally I'd say that combining votes doesn't really create an accurate picture...

But Marth really did get screwed over. SD Marth is only ~2k less than Ephraim, and New Mystery Marth has ~8k. A single Marth entry almost certainly would have beaten Ephraim.

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I don't know about FE Direct and all that, but as far as the casual player goes, the news board of the game literally opens automatically as soon you start the game every single day. 

Those levels of not paying attention transcend even "Complete Book II to get Fjorm as an ally!"'s levels of idiocy.

Uh, no, it doesn't, or at least it doesn't have to. Whatever front banner shows up, and if you close out of that the news comes up, but if you click anywhere else it won't. I've played every day but I very rarely look at the news board because of this.

But thanks for calling me an idiot without even knowing that.

Edited by Florete

15 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I'm curious as to how a hypothetical runners-up CYL banner would be like. For the girls, the top two characters not in Heroes yet are Selkie and Morgan while the top two males (excluding Leif on account of his main character status like Micaiah was) are Kliff and Keaton. Only issue is that beasts aren't in the game yet outside of dragons.

Adding on to this, the top-ranked non-beast female is Genealogy's Ishtar and for males, it's Fates' Kaze. Only thing is that they're both outside the top 20.

7 minutes ago, Florete said:

Normally I'd say that combining votes doesn't really create an accurate picture...

But Marth really did get screwed over. SD Marth is only ~2k less than Ephraim, and New Mystery Marth has ~8k. A single Marth entry almost certainly would have beaten Ephraim.

Uh, no, it doesn't, or at least it doesn't have to. Whatever front banner shows up, and if you close out of that the news comes up, but if you click anywhere else it won't. I've played every day but I very rarely look at the news board because of this.

But thanks for calling me an idiot without even knowing that.

I didn't know that, and likely most casuals don't either, I just close the banner and I'm sure a lot of others do too. I don't know what shows up for you, but whatever the current news is of the game (new quests, Tempest, CYL) pops up when the news board opens up. Likely anyone who knows about that trick to bypass the news board has probably been playing a while and is aware of the news regardless.

And I don't insult people for no reason. I didn't call you an idiot, I referred to idiocy as people who are exposed to the news (as in the board comes up, not you intentionally bypassing it) and still somehow aren't paying attention enough to be aware of the game's events (IE "Complete Book II to get Fjorm as an ally!"). Don't misunderstand.

Everyone on the internet isn't a douche. I would appreciate not being written off as one.

Edited by Zeo

How are we at 72 pages right now?  It's been 56 minutes....

Anyways this is gonna make people mad but I'm going to say it anyways.  

No, Marth was not robbed in CYL 2.  CYL 2 had the same rules when it ended as it did when it began.  And CYL 2 had the same rules as CYL 1.  That's the way it is.  I know people think that the voting split gave Marth an unfair disadvantage but guess what?  Marth had several advantages.  He's the first FE Lord so that gives him an advantage.  He's in two games which means two different audiences vote for him whereas Ephraim only has one game.  And Marth is in smash!  Not only that, but with Ike and Roy gone he pretty much inherited the entire smash fanbase.  That's probably where a lot of the new mystery votes came from - people who didn't know there were two Marths.

So yes.  The voting split was a disadvantage.  But CYL is filled with advantages and disadvantages - that's how it is.  And if you took away smash and combined Marth's votes I would wager he probably still would have lost to Ephraim.  And this goes both ways.  Ephraim had a lot of unfair advantages as well such as being such a giant meme and having a bunch of Sacred Stones content released right before CYL.  Heck all the campaigning on reddit was probably enough to sway the votes his way and make him win over Marth.  And Veronica won because the interim showed she had a chance and Eirika lost b/c Eirika 2 was announced.  I think saying that Marth was robbed is kind of cherry picking advantages/disadvantages to suit the argument.  CYL isn't fair with vote splitting and it wouldn't be fair without it.  It's just how it is.

Edited by Lushen

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Everyone on the internet isn't a douche. I would appreciate not being written off as one.

Sturgeon's law makes it more difficult than it should be. I really need to work on that problem.

7 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I didn't know that, and likely most casuals don't either, I just close the banner and I'm sure a lot of others do too. I don't know what shows up for you, but whatever the current news is of the game (new quests, Tempest, CYL) pops up when the news board opens up. Likely anyone who knows about that trick to bypass the news board has probably been playing a while and is aware of the news regardless.

And I don't insult people for no reason. I didn't call you an idiot, I referred to idiocy as people who are exposed to the news (as in the board comes up, not you intentionally bypassing it) and still somehow aren't paying attention enough to be aware of the game's events (IE "Complete Book II to get Fjorm as an ally!").

It's not a "trick." You literally just tap to go somewhere else, like the home or allies button, and the news won't pop up. It's not hard to figure out and I suspect most people who have been playing for any amount of time have probably figured it out because they want to play the game.

And yet, even if they do get that popup all the time, that's no guarantee that people would have seen it anyway. As far as I can tell, there was no "Choose Your Legends Round 2!" big announcement, it was just an extra line in the anniversary announcement, and it was only the top news for a couple days.

So my point, because we're going a little off the rails here: fewer voters, fewer votes for each, yet what appears to be a very similar total vote count.

7 minutes ago, Zeo said:

My apologies for that misunderstanding, but read it over again and I'm sure you'll be able to understand how I misinterpreted your meaning.

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Vaximillian Fjorm just beat out Sharena :(

Allso interesting how they are so close together. Also go Alfonse.

P O W E R C R E P T

Alfonse is 37th, Fjorm is 39th, Sharena is 40th, Ishtar is 43rd, Heroes Anna is 75th. Nice overall.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

P O W E R C R E P T

Alfonse is 37th, Fjorm is 39th, Sharena is 40th, Ishtar is 43rd, Heroes Anna is 75th. Nice overall.

Alfonse beating all of them is really good effort for his fans. Amazing since he was usually deemed the worst Askr especially early on

Gunnthra is 103 which is interesting. Lukas just couldn't make in the top 100 but is a respectable 102 after Daddy Hector.

Conrad at 106 and Python at 107 is also pretty nice

Also love the random Mercenary/Hero cluster of:

239 Dieck

240 Raven

241 Gregor

242 Flavia

Didn't expect Veronica, but sure, why not. It will be a couple of months before they arrive, so the story can still develop a reason for her to join forces with Askr.

From the winners I only dislike Celica as a character, so it could be way worse, though it's fine overall; Memehardt didn't make it, Brigand Boss has an amusing following, it's not like my picks had any chance of winning, and Scarlet placed higher than expected. Haar isn't high enough to arrive soonish, so I guess I'll remain patient (don't wait too long on him, plox IS). I'm rather satisfied.

Aversa is place 41 overall. I hope her chances to become a GHB will increase with that. And Laevantein is also placed pretty high.
I can't complain about the Top 4 Heroes and Veronica is a good choice.