Ephraim, Legendary Lord (new Legendary Hero confirmed)

Armagon

Odd that they're doubling up on Blue before having a colorless Legendary Hero, but all the better for me, I suppose.  Ephraim's got a horse, which will work well for putting him on teams for me.

It will also give me a chance to pull Blues for more Rachels to merge, and if SCorrin breaks my pity rate, I can always merge her.  Shiro breaking it might not be as great, but there are worse units.  Hopefully, I can get more Subakis, too, since I only have two left, and I love my QR.

I can't wait for Daylight Savings Time, so the dates stop showing 11:00 PM PST and making me think everything is supposed to be coming out a day before it actually does.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I'll be very upset if Veronica gets an alt before her cyl debut. Too many coincidence in a row for me for the winners getting alts several week after cyl2.

Do you think it wasn't a coincidence? There's no way they just came up with these character designs and art that recently.

They make alts of popular units. As of this banner, out of the top 10 male and top 10 female characters on the original CYL, 18 of them have non-CYL alts: all of them except Marth and Micaiah. These winners got alts because they were already established as popular.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Do you think it wasn't a coincidence? There's no way they just came up with these character designs and art that recently.

They make alts of popular units. As of this banner, out of the top 10 male and top 10 female characters on the original CYL, 18 of them have non-CYL alts: all of them except Marth and Micaiah. These winners got alts because they were already established as popular.

I know it's it is a coincidence. It's just that the timing feels a bit off for me. And as a Marth fan, I feel slightly cheated.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

I think I'm going to focus on reds and blues here. Since I don't have summer Leo or Mia, I'd like both of them. V!Ike ... well, I'd be more enthusiastic about pulling for him if we weren't getting him for free. Will probably pull for blues since I lack all three of them, although I really don't want summer Corrin. Hopefully I can get Ephraim before she shows up, and if she does show up ... well, I did need a mage flier.

Seriously though ... it's kind of annoying that all of the CYL winners (except for Veronica) have now gotten an alt this year and will get a Brave form as well. Even if these were planned ahead in advance, the developers are really bad at this variety thing.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Odd that they're doubling up on Blue before having a colorless Legendary Hero, but all the better for me, I suppose.  Ephraim's got a horse, which will work well for putting him on teams for me.

It will also give me a chance to pull Blues for more Rachels to merge, and if SCorrin breaks my pity rate, I can always merge her.  Shiro breaking it might not be as great, but there are worse units.  Hopefully, I can get more Subakis, too, since I only have two left, and I love my QR.

I can't wait for Daylight Savings Time, so the dates stop showing 11:00 PM PST and making me think everything is supposed to be coming out a day before it actually does.

I'm sure they'll introduce a colorless legendary hero eventually (perhaps soon), but it looks like they're focusing primarily on element, and just didn't have it work out so that each element's first representative would be a different color. Hopefully the first colorless one isn't too far off.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- *goes on for a long, long, LONG while* -CCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

DAMN YOU EPHRAIM! DAMN YOU FOR STEALING SOMEONE ELSE'S PLACE AS THE LEGENDARY HERO!!!!

Ephriam stole nothing. 

So Eirika gets a generic alt while Ephraim gets to be a legendary hero. Sigh...I'm not surprised, but I'm still disappointed.

Might pull for Olivia. I'd also like Dorcas, but I already have the other greens, though Steady Breath fodder is always nice.

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I have no idea which topic was created first. lol I'm guessing this is the one most people are going with. XD Yeesh...people were excited to make 3 topics around basically the same time. 

Red: I have all three, and while I'd love Mia and Summer Leo merges, I'm Ike-ed out, so I may avoid this color.
Blue: Don't have Shiro and there's Ephraim... I'll think about this one.
Green: I may pull here. Dorcas and Ike are great fodder. And getting a new Gunnthra wouldn't be bad.
Colorless: I'd love a more optimal Jaffar (since mine is +RES -HP). Nino needs her husband to be in top form. I really want PA!Olivia.... But I also REALLY don't want Gaius... I guess he has DEF Ploy? 

I'm a little disappointed to see Ephraim even though it's cool he's getting an alt. 1.) No colorless legendary hero... Heroes has kinda given up on colorless units I guess? Sothe gave me hope! And now it's fading... 2.) No new male OCs. We've got a LOT of ladies. IDK what they have against making dude OCs. 3.) No Marth. I honestly thought IS loved this guy. XD Maybe they're planning something big for him. Who knows? 

That being said...Sturdy Stance got released. And I kind of want a copy of it for Lukas. XD Gah... I know for sure I'll pull green and colorless, but I don't know about blue quite yet.

We need Pantless Legendary Marth.

So we have 3 Male OCs: Alfonse, Bruno, Surtr vs 8 Females: Anna (this one anyway), Sharena, Veronica, Loki, Fjorm, Gunnthra, Fire Girl twins

Now this is the weakest legendary banner since November. The second-lamest lord and all these seasonals. Brave Ike is pretty much the only one worth pulling for.

I am annoyed with these stupid legendary alts. I am annoyed with alts.

Urk...I'm really not sure how to feel about Legendary Ephraim. He's already getting a brave variant through a very controversial win involving Marth, and now him getting a legendary variant before said Altean lord seems to leave a bitter taste. If we get Legendary Marth later, that'll take the bitter taste away, but I imagine this is a bad time to introduce a legendary version of a CYL winner.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

We need Pantless Legendary Marth.

So we have 3 Male OCs: Alfonse, Bruno, Surtr vs 8 Females: Anna (this one anyway), Sharena, Veronica, Loki, Fjorm, Gunnthra, Fire Girl twins

I mean, I'd be fine with that. XD 

At this point, I have a theory that Surtr killed off all the other dudes in his kingdom because he's a crazy super-villain with a god complex. That seems like a logical thing to do. ....It also means that all of the ladies are either married to him or related to him. ....or both?  His end goal isn't necessarily the end of the world. He just wants the ultimate harem. 

Just now, Rafiel's Aria said:

I mean, I'd be fine with that. XD 

At this point, I have a theory that Surtr killed off all the other dudes in his kingdom because he's a crazy super-villain with a god complex. That seems like a logical thing to do. ....It also means that all of the ladies are either married to him or related to him. ....or both?  His end goal isn't necessarily the end of the world. He just wants the ultimate harem. 

He takes cosplaying as Ganondorf to the extreme.  He really gets into the lore.

Not sure how I feel about Ephraim; he's got some neat stuff but his unique weapon does NOT really promote team play unless, perhaps, he's on a map in which the player's party is split up, such as on Berkut's GHB. Probably not gonna spend more than 15 orbs on the banner and try to hope for Gunnthra.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

He already stole the #2 position of CYL from Marth. ;-;

If marth had the popularity to win, he would have. Marth is no powerhouse, hector just as much stole his first place spot that he "Deserved". Ike also had split votes, he managed first in his bracket and second overall.

Just now, Rezzy said:

He takes cosplaying as Ganondorf to the extreme.  He really gets into the lore.

It's all just an elaborate DnD campaign with Loki as the DM (since she's the one pulling all the strings). Veronica thought it was fun to play, but now it's getting a little extreme for her tastes. This is why Bruno hasn't been around. He doesn't want to be a nerd.

Also guys, proof that I invented Sturdy Stance first. :P

I'm still amazed. XD Though my version is slightly different, I still used the same name and enemy phase concept! I came up with a skill that now exists in some form. lol

1 minute ago, thecrimsonflash said:

If marth had the popularity to win, he would have. Marth is no powerhouse, hector just as much stole his first place spot that he "Deserved". Ike also had split votes, he managed first in his bracket and second overall.

I've got no horse in the race, but characters like Marth really got screwed by having their votes split.  Ike overcoming his split shows just how popular he was, but you have to have a huge advantage to be able to overcoming having your vote essentially split in two.

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

It's all just an elaborate DnD campaign with Loki as the DM (since she's the one pulling all the strings). Veronica thought it was fun to play, but now it's getting a little extreme for her tastes. This is why Bruno hasn't been around. He doesn't want to be a nerd.

That would explain Surtr's murder hobo personality.

Damn, I am happy we get another cool blue horse emblem character, but I am a little salty that it came after my failed attempt to pull Grima. Unfortunately, I can't really pull for this one at all... Curse you student loans, cure you all!

On the positive side, I guess we all still get a free Ike for the new game mode?

Looking back, I think they were actually trying to avoid picking another CYL winner. They'd just picked Ike as the first legendary alt, so for the second, they kept in mind that Hector/Tharja/Chrom/Camilla had gotten the highest scores of the characters still in the running and looked past them, to the character who'd only been the 7th highest-ranked male in the original. Except he managed to improve his score and make it into the winning four. Whoops.

Hmm, this certainly was interesting. It makes the chances of CYL Ephraim getting Garm as his weapon even more likely now. 

I’ll just do the free roll, try a second orb and get out of the banner.