Alice in Brexitland Mafia - Game Over

SB.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not suspect at all. Arcanite's been in this thread for so long with no posting but also apparently hasn't been 'reading up' And only comes back to state he was going to but "It seems things have been decided."  I still dislike this.

I'm still suspicious of Arcanite too.  Other people I'd look into are JB and Eclipse.  Don't lynch Weapons IMO.

Read back anyways. Especially with your role claim Arcanite. You aren't clear.

Here goes.

##Unvote

##Vote:Eurykins.

Dealing with a spam wave.  WOOHOO!

If Eury's role cop thing really is her scumbuddy's, her faction will be different from Bard's, which means any interaction between them will most likely be uninformed.  The thing that makes the most sense to me IMO is day rolecop.

Actually, don't hammer just yet.  I have an idea.

@Arcanite - If you could lynch four people today, who would it be and why?

Day 2.6 - Votals
Eurykins (8): Omega, Prims, Via, Refa, Arcanite, Weapons, Snike
Arcanite (2): Shinori, Eurykins
Omega (1): eclipse

Not Voting (2): BBM, JB,

Hammer shut up etc.

Eurykins was down on her luck with this whole mafia game business, but then someone suggested that she become an author. She was a little hesitant at first, but she soon got the knack of things. Rumour has it that her first printed draft was so heavy, it crushed the publisher's desk. Because of this, they had to break her first book up into volumes, each with a bi-yearly release.

Below is an excerpt from "Mafia Sucks - Volume 1 out of 60", buy now in all good bookstores for only £14.99!

Oh, the game started while I was starting work today (closing shift), so I got to miss the fun RVS shinanegans, boo. :(

Gonna take a moment to read things, and should have a post incoming in a bit. After foods. 

I am... attempting to utilize Makaze's ISO reader thing, and while it's working fine, I'm hoping the quoting/linking thing will work as well as I remember being able to do when I actually played Mafia. 

Propeller Knight

I think the bolded statement is something that isn't necessarily true, in a sense. Since it's not uncommon for both scum and town roles to be Goons/Vanillas, having them as actual roles in a rolemad mafia would inadvertently assist in counter-balancing a game without requiring a strong-arming of the scum side to give them a higher advantage. 

This is especially true if BBM's role is legit- in that it's completely garbage due to the lack of solid information actually given. One could say that a simple Numbers role would've offered more insight than his claimed role, since we'd actually have something to know for facts. 

The prior post noted that you vote swapped due to Refa's post/vote against Arcanite. However, this feels extremely easy- does the fact that Refa misread part of the what Arcanite actually said still warrant support on the Arcanite vote? Would like to hear more thoughts on the vote above.

Refa

Shinori has already covered the fact that the italicized was bad/poor in terms of misrep and such.

Also, what is the actual risk of someone faking being informed early in a day phase, when he basically gave out zero real information with his fakeclaim? All that was stated from BBM was the plausibility of a kill occurring at the end of the day phase, but nothing to validate or actually confirm said information, even from/by the mods themselves. What risk is there of being CC'd when there's no way anyone could?

What? Is pressure voting for responses no longer a thing in Mafia games? I don't recall voting having to be purely utilized for purely scum reads- seems pretty odd coming from you, Refa.

While I think the "interesting twist" comment in Arcanite's post did seem odd, I do not see it as "blending in". For one, would scum!Arcanite, new or not, really waffle or risk commenting on potential townie fatalities just for the sake of conversation? Seems moreso a generic of a comment post, much like your #60 "lol" post, Refa, so if anything- pot meet kettle with this notion. 

@Refa: What do you think of Shinori, Prims, and the rest of the players who've already posted a fair amount so far? For as many posts are in your ISO, there's a great deal of tunneling on Arcanite and very little else outside of fluffy comments regarding BBM's claim.

Prims

Quotes got a bit shuffled up in the multiquoting, sorry. 

Question regarding your vote though @Prims: It was stated above that Via unnerved you (in what could've been considered a buddying attempt), but also you gut-read Arcanite negatively. Whose actual actions/words strike the worse tone though, and why? Was the vote on Arcanite more prompted by the fact that Refa was likewise rallying behind it as well, which initially painted Arcanite worse than what was actually noted?

Arcanite

Interesting howso? What were you considering when you were posting, considering the situation of the aforementioned sentence? I don't think it was a bad thing to want to get a ball rolling ED1, but I'm more interested in the mindset behind this post when making it.

Vote feels more OMGUS than due to reads/casing, but Refa is not without blame/cause due to the misrep of wording of Arcanite's post. 

Regarding the bolded statement: "Saying something like that" = What exactly did BBM even say/offer to us as actual information with his claim? Without any evidence of solidity/confirmation on any of the information he had (which was minimal at best), was there an actual information claim garnered by his post that served to provide a trustworthy read on his slot? What's to trust if there's nothing actually being given to warrant said trust?

I hate losing posts. 4x. Shit sucks.

BBM

How common is an ITP in a 13 man game? Also, does the fact that it's a rolemadness game affect the chances of it occurring or not?

Vote here seems a little easy. Also seems to be defending Refa, albeit poorly.

I'm not sure I understand the notion of withholding commenting 'til a certain point. Couldn't a point be still taken/noted while awaiting response from the other party(s) involved? Seems like an odd way to excuse not committing to a discussion at hand. 

> Are we making a game out of constantly misreading (and inadvertently misrepping) posts being made by people? It seems to have been happening on multiple levels since the day phase started, and it's seeming less of an "actual mistake" and moreso either graspy or weak attempts to twist posts into something they weren't meant to be. 

What does the bolded even stand to mean? "Both of them sucked." Okay? Is this a good or bad thing? Is one side scummy for it or not? What is to be garnered here?

Last part of this post feels waffly to me. You're complaining that you'll find yourself unable to get a read on Arcanite, based on them being defensive about votes on them. Why not just start by focusing more questions towards Arcanite, and getting more information instead of merely watching them flail about- new player or not? Ask questions, ask for food for thought, anything? What would help you in being able to read their player slot?

A lot of thoughts/opinons seem to be altered based on misread information. How much of your casing, thoughts, etc. are being affected in this vote swap, and aside from the redirect to Prims, does it affect any thoughts on Refa, or Arcanite, or anyone else? And is your vote on Prims moreso due to META than anything? 

Weapons/Shinori post coming up, but posting this so I don't lose shit again.

It is not uncommon to take a risk or gamble in Mafia games. Especially if executed in a way that the information was as limited as it seems to be coming from BBM- basically little to no information actually given. 

I'm going to sleep after this post.

Shinori

As far as I know/have experienced in the past, this is the general consensus of the game of Mafia about limiting information we spoonfeed to the public. What is wrong about him attempting to close down the role speccing early on, when most games/senior players have generally supported that theory of not doing so? (What makes Shinori's actions here out of the ordinary?)

Vote isn't bad- understandable given Refa's activities at the time. 

So where are your gut/reads on Prims currently? Was his swap off of Weapons indicative of anything, or just something that left a bad gut vibe? 

@Shinori Where else do your reads lie? The vast majority of your posts are regarding responding to Refa/BBM, so interested in the rest of your reads on the playerbase so far.

EDIT: CANNOT GET WEAPONS QUOTES TO POST. REEEEEEEEEE

Italicized part implies that Refa was waffling over the BBM claim and with his early posts. Is this scummy? What does this offer as a read on Refa?

Bolded part seems to attempt to justify the vote on Refa, but seems non-commital/has the aura of fence-sitting and easy vote-sitting. If the suspect on Arcanite is not scummy in itself, is the vote swap/waffling over BBM claim the main meat of the vote? And does it remain as the biggest "scum" read for you currently, or is Refa merely the biggest fish flopping next to Arcanite? The loudest source of attention that can equate to the an easy vote swap target?

@WeaponsofMassConstruction Where do the rest of your reads reside? Prims? BBM? Shinori? Propeller? 

TL;DR Verdict from above posts (so I can sleep): Refa is the loudest magikarp in the group; BBM is flailing next to him, moreso due to the misreading of everything and a lot of questionable posting (With Refa's wagon having sufficient pressure to hopefully garner more information/response, I will apply some on the latter slot since I have a lot I want to hear back from him). Shinori and Prims and Propeller are in an okay boat, but wanting to see and hear more from them. The rest should be more active and contribute thoughts/posts when they can.

[Refa = BBM >>>>> Prims/Shinori/Prop = Everyone else]

##Vote: BBM 

I WAS POST SNIPED. WHY YOU DO THIS BBM

Her abilities were as follows:

House of cards: During Day 4 only, you may ##Protect a player from all attempts on their life from the end of the day phase until the end of the end of the following night. You may target yourself.
A fair trial: During the night, you may ##Scan another player a player to learn their role name. 

Eurykins, Mafia Cycle 4 Doctor + Rolecop, was lynched D2!

Alternatively, instead of reading Eury's wallpost limited edition hardback masterpiece, you could wait and read what's coming up next!

With another mafia lynch, Omega was feeling good. The game thread had been cleansed of wallposts and scumposts, and now he had the night off of work! Well, it was kind of a one night deal, but it was worth celebrating. He was a true professional at work, spending his time lurking outside of someone's apartment all night rather than actually going to the hospital to help out, but wasn't that what all doctors do nowadays? Maybe that's why they're all so shady. Just look at Eurykins!

Doctor lynches are really ironic when you think about it. The town is using their daily kill on the person who was only trying to protect them (although not in this case, since Eury  was a damn maflord) which is actually kind of sad. Okay, it's really sad. Darros was never the same man after you guys shoved him into a noose. I bet that Elieson would still be playing mafia now if not for the tragedy of FAYZ Mafia (mod note: add 'FAYZ Mafia never happened' to the rules, because it didn't). And these instances are only scratching the surface.

So yeah, next time you lynch a doctor, I hope you all feel bad about yourselves SFMafia. I don't even know where I'm going with those though, Omega just got shot. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Omega, Town Cycle 1 Doctor, was killed D2!

His abilities were as follows:

House of cards: During Day 1 only, you may ##Protect a player from all attempts on their life from the end of the day phase until the end of the end of the following night. 

It is now Night 2. I am not sure when it will end because I might not be in a position to update in 24 hours time and idk about Iris either, but send in your actions assuming a 24 hour deadline anyway please.

Yeah, so I might end phase in ~9 hours to put the phase end time back at a convenient time for the both of us, but we'll see. Send in your actions as soon as you can, anyways!

Arcanite was ecstatic: against their better judgment, they signed up for yet another mafia game. Get a ~REALLY COOL ROLE~? Check. Lynch scum the first couple days? Check. Confuse the rest of the players? Check. Things were shaping up to be better than Kemono Friends Mafia™, except, that, well, Iris kind of had to write their death flavor and she's not as ~devilishly funny and charming~ as Assbee. Oops, it looks like Arcanite died. Sorry, poor chap, mafia sucks!

Arcanite, Town Night 1+2 Roleblocker / Night 3 Onwards Vigilante, was killed Night 2!

Their abilities were as follows:

’Off with their heads!’: During Night 1 and 2, you may ##Block a player to prevent them from carrying out any actions during that night.
’OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!’ But this time it’s in all caps! During Night 3 and all following night phases, you may ##Kill a player and make an attempt on their life.

It is now Day 3. With 10 alive, it takes 4 to lynch and 7 to hammer. Day 3 ends in ~72 hours.

Edited by Iris

where did Eury even say which cycle my role was on?

thinking Shinori could be Eury's buddy. Shinori's posts about Eury all game have had the tone of "she's suspicious, BUT..." I need to go back through the thread to pull up examples of him defending her play (was planning on reading Shinori again near the end of the phase but it ended early, rip), but here's some role stuff that bothered me:

I get the feeling that Omega actually did block the Cycle 1 kill, perhaps during both the day and the night. One of the things that bothered me about the Eury hook, but I didn't vocalize because I was waiting for Eury to come back, was that it didn't really make sense for Eury to take the kill given she was one of the top suspects. Shinori's posts yesterday give me the feeling that he knew the kill hadn't been hooked, bc he kept bringing up the possibility of a Cycle 1 doc even when there wasn't really evidence that one existed.

there was also a post on D1 where Shinori guessed that I wasn't an informed, and that I actually had some other role that just implied that daykills existed. Originally I thought that was just a good guess. After Eury claimed though, it gave me the feeling that he was one of the cycle docs, but his posts yesterday implied he wasn't, so I was confused for a while. But this makes sense if he's Eury's buddy and was aware of the existence of a cycle doc.

neither of these are definitive by any means, but combined it gives me a bad feeling

you guys probably should have called Arcanite's hook to clear someone of being eury's buddy, but oh well.

Every night I predict that BBM is going to die and then he doesn't.  I'm kind of happy that Arcanite got NK'd because I was still suspicious, proving that I'm not the scumhunting god I thought I was at the end of the day.

@Shinori Why did you defend Eurykins yesterday on the premise of being suspicious of Arcanite when everything pointed towards Eurykins being scum (regardless of Arcanite's alignment)?

Don't really have anything to go off of w/JB and Eclipse.  My gut read is that Eclipse is town because her role stated that there were nine town remaining and not that the setup was 9/2/2, which makes more sense as town because SB wouldn't want to give away the multifaction aspect this early.

5 minutes ago, BBM said:

20 hours ago, Eurykins said:

Oh, didn't even know the night ended that soon. That's awkward.

Also, I will admit that I wasn't full with my claim. I am a Cycle day 4 Doc + Role cop, targeted BBM with the cop last night. Third time's the charm with the cycles, isn't it?

I was starting to suspect the same with Shinori. I think my main reasons to town read him on D1 go out the window in 9/2/2, and then I'm not sure what to think especially cause I think PK, Refa, BBM, eclipse, and Snike are all town based on interactions/role/reactions/whatnot. I guess numbers role could be given to scum if doc was given to scum but still. That leaves Prims, who probably has the least best interactions with Bard. Kind of want to camp on JB before doing anything else though.

Actually, I need help w/something.  Arcanite claimed to hook Eury, but Eury claimed Rolecop and that she knew what cycle BBM's role was.  Was Eury just bullshitting that?

oh I didn't realize that was supposed to refer to Cycle 3. So yeah, that's me. Guessing they rolecopped me bc they thought I might also have a second part to my role because Eury did.

refa, I think Omega did actually block the kill and just didn't claim bc he thought Eury was scum anyways.

17 minutes ago, BBM said:

thinking Shinori could be Eury's buddy. Shinori's posts about Eury all game have had the tone of "she's suspicious, BUT..." I need to go back through the thread to pull up examples of him defending her play (was planning on reading Shinori again near the end of the phase but it ended early, rip), but here's some role stuff that bothered me:

I get the feeling that Omega actually did block the Cycle 1 kill, perhaps during both the day and the night. One of the things that bothered me about the Eury hook, but I didn't vocalize because I was waiting for Eury to come back, was that it didn't really make sense for Eury to take the kill given she was one of the top suspects. Shinori's posts yesterday give me the feeling that he knew the kill hadn't been hooked, bc he kept bringing up the possibility of a Cycle 1 doc even when there wasn't really evidence that one existed.

there was also a post on D1 where Shinori guessed that I wasn't an informed, and that I actually had some other role that just implied that daykills existed. Originally I thought that was just a good guess. After Eury claimed though, it gave me the feeling that he was one of the cycle docs, but his posts yesterday implied he wasn't, so I was confused for a while. But this makes sense if he's Eury's buddy and was aware of the existence of a cycle doc.

neither of these are definitive by any means, but combined it gives me a bad feeling

you guys probably should have called Arcanite's hook to clear someone of being eury's buddy, but oh well.

Bolded is a misrep.  I was townreading here all day 1 and was only suspicious of her once Arcanite claimed to have roleblocked her.  I won't deny that I didn't defend her because I did.  I was leaning town on her along with a few other people so I won't argue the fact of me defending them.  I also wasn't the only person to do so during this game.

I didn't really bring up cycle 1 doc all that much actually.  However I was in the pull of people that believed there was a cycle 1 doc.

This post on day 1 is because of my role which I assumed you were something similar.  It's also one of the reasons I never really scum read you.  Now it's fairly safe for me to claim since my role has been used:  I am a Cycle 2 doc.  I targeted BBM yesterday assuming scum might go after him since Eury claimed him to be Cycle 3 doc.

12 minutes ago, Refa said:

Every night I predict that BBM is going to die and then he doesn't.  I'm kind of happy that Arcanite got NK'd because I was still suspicious, proving that I'm not the scumhunting god I thought I was at the end of the day.

@Shinori Why did you defend Eurykins yesterday on the premise of being suspicious of Arcanite when everything pointed towards Eurykins being scum (regardless of Arcanite's alignment)?

Don't really have anything to go off of w/JB and Eclipse.  My gut read is that Eclipse is town because her role stated that there were nine town remaining and not that the setup was 9/2/2, which makes more sense as town because SB wouldn't want to give away the multifaction aspect this early.

Because everything didn't point to Eurykings being scum WRT Role actions.  We didn't know if her role cop had actually worked or not, BBM could have easily verified if we waited and we had no evidence on if a cycle 1 doc existed or not.  Omega proved this fact by just not claiming, I assume because he was heavily scum reading Eury and figured if he claimed then Eury might not get lynched.  I still was just extremely suspicious of Arcanite.  His role really stood out to me compared to mine and other claimed roles so far that it was by far stronger than anything town seemed to have.  This plus his Day 1 interactions with Bard made me extremely confident that he was Bard's buddy.

I'm currently most suspicious of Weapons > Refa at the moment.  Weapons had bad interactions with both Bard and Eury.  BBM's argument about how Weapons could have just been voting Bard all of day 1 with the assumption that Bard would come back some time is valid but I think the thing that most stands out to me is also his EoD actions.

Weapons unvoting Bard and hard swapping last minute, not to Eury, but to Omega stands out.  If he's bard's buddy then yeah he wants to try and move the lynch.  And if he's Eury's buddy then they probably don't want the town to lynch scum on the first day.

@eclipse

That vote?