Grand Hero Battle - Kana (M): Dragon Spawn (May 3rd, 2018 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zeo Awesome! you found a pattern from misclick. I'm surprise that Matthew doesn't care about Ravenmage and one-round kill him. That Inigo took a hit from red dragon was a close call. (same with my Siegbert tanking blue mage from Lyn's map)

@mampfoid It's funny to watch Olwen got smited. I just wonder how many Galeforce units do you have? You must be very diligent to built all of them. I have a 5* Cordelia for 3 month, I guess. She still doesn't learn Galeforce yet.(Astra for 3 months). 

Seeing as we've got Infantry and Cavalry clears posted here, I'll add my Armor clear to the pile.

I didn't have to use Black Knight at the end because Amelia is invincible after everything but the Bow Cavalier is dead, but using Black Knight was faster and I wanted him to see some action.

Chunking Sheena's HP to restore Effie's despite her being front and center might seem suicidal, but Effie 1) needed to bait most of the units towards Sheena, and 2) needed her HP back to reactivate Wary Fighter for later. Sheena is a wall god anyway.

Also, that Red Manakete and his Vantage can go step on a lego.

Infernal was annoying because my Fjorm is +atk so most of the f2p guides with her did not work for me, but I finally found one that worked with some tinkering.  The team was Fjorm, BK, Wrys and Gerome.  I had to take all of BK's skills off (because my is merged) so that the bow cav and green mage would attack him so he could activate black luna on Kana.  Fjorm had QR3 and she went up on the first tun to lure everyone into moving, turn 2 Fjorm moves down and is healed on enemy turn she finishes off the archer, turn three she is healed finishes of the red dragon BK swaps with Wrys on enemy turn BK gets black luna charged and takes out the bow cav, next turn gerome waits for the lance peg and Fjorm takes care of the green mage on enemy turn lance peg and Kana attack, next turn Gerome finishes off the lance peg and BK finishes off Kana with black luna.  

Edited by EricaofRenais

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

@mampfoid That Smite was great! It always makes me happy when you throw in some unorthodox moves for these clears.

Perhaps I can join the cool kids club on this GHB, as here's my 1 turn clear. However it's not nearly as flashy as yours or @LordFrigid's.

https://my.mixtape.moe/sdbtiq.MP4

Camilla can also solo, but the red manakete needed some extra damage to make the 1 turn finish happen. Hinoka's just there to cheer on her fellow princess from across the map.

Glad you liked it! I could tag you next time if it's ok for you. 

(My original plan didn't include Smite, but with defense tiles Titania could deal only 4x4 damage to Kana instead of 16x4.)

Not much coolness here, but very welcome to the club and congratulations to your clear!

How is your clear not flashy? Only the red dragon could deal damage (6!) at all to that awesome Camilla. I still haven't build one. 

20 minutes ago, Ginko said:

It's funny to watch Olwen got smited. I just wonder how many Galeforce units do you have? You must be very diligent to built all of them. I have a 5* Cordelia for 3 month, I guess. She still doesn't learn Galeforce yet.(Astra for 3 months). 

Olwen doesn't look too massive, but Olwen incl. horse? That's always hilarious, true. 

Currently I have 5 GF units:

Cordelia (of course), BH!Roy (showed me the coolness of GF), Elincia, Cherche and the newest addition Oscar. Titania or NY!Azura will be next. 

Forge your Heavy Blade seal and have fun with Cordelia. ;-)

I actually beat all three modes (including many, many tries of infernal) earlier this morning. But I can't remember any of it at all now. I think I used Fjorm, Xander, Oboro, and Deirdre?

Edited by Sunwoo

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

This one made me a little sad. I already had a solution for Titania killing Kana (no GF yet though), which would have made it possible to clear everything on Player Phase with melee units (aside from Nowi ploying the red dragon). Until I double checked the numbers and realized this giant space in the middle is all freaking defense terrain! None of my current units is able to kill Kana in one round and proc Galeforce. 

Therefore the grand return of Olwen and Smite. Elincia had to smite Olwen to prevent the green mage from attacking her or Oscar. The red dragon could only be killed by Elincia, because the others didn't take enough damage to proc WoM. Nowi needed Summoner C support to gain enough RES to ploy the red dragon. Oscar needed some help to kill the archer.

I never get tired of seeing Smite. I wasn't paying attention at the beginning of the video and I half expected Olwen to have Miracle so she could survive the raven mage at the end before seeing he could only do 1 damage. 

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I just love how you find approaches I never would have thought of, congratulations! The idea to let TA Inigo tank an infernal red dragon seems desperate on the first glance and this already on the second or third try, but somehow it's your strategy. 

Ironically the fastes kill Matthew does was the Gronraven mage. I was a little surprised you let Ayra kill the archer, I thought it was possible to give Matthew all kills on this map (after debuffing and charging Bonfire).

Things like this are why I don't switch to TA3 even though I have Roys now. And yeah I could have done a full Matthew clear, but I just went ahead and threw Ayra a bone for the heck of it. She was only really there for Drive ATK this time around. I could have just danced Matthew to attack Kana twice at the end after proc-cing Bonfire on the bow cav.

@NegativeExponents- It was pretty perfect I have to admit. Even if Inigo hadn't tanked the red dragon Matt would have been able to survive had he went for him. Putting him on a defensive tile is just asking for him to solo the map. As for your clear, it was somewhat similar in the sense that it was a battle of attrition. It's just hard to deal with a team when they're running a healer.

19 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I never get tired of seeing Smite

I'm slowly running out of Bartres (who would have thought someone would ever say that?). 

20 minutes ago, Zeo said:

expected Olwen to have Miracle so she could survive the raven mage at the end before seeing he could only do 1 damage. 

Defense tiles.

It's doubly ridiculous how much damage she can deal regardless of the defense tiles ... without an A-Skill on Enemy Phase, without full buffs (only Hone Cav and Fortify RES) and without Ally and Summoner support. One year ago everyone went crazy over Bladetomes and still it's the easiest way to stack ATK. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

@Some Jerk Stop making me sympathize with armors! Congratulations on your clear though. 

Too bad Sheena couldn't finish her epic slug race with the red dragon, she stopped everything at the choke point. 

Letting Sheena finish off the Red Manakete would've been a lot funnier, but sadly I couldn't pull it off. Kana dying opened up his space for the ranged units to use, so I couldn't get anyone in to feed Sheena HP/Wards without them dying, and sending her in alone against the remaining units gets her killed by a difference of ONE HP.

Yes finally another GHB that is not the reinforcement variety!  Anyways dragon emblem did the job fairly easily.  Nowi honed and fortified, gets to the top left most defensive tile blocking off the bridge so enemy units from there can't get into the def tiles.  Sits there and kills a bunch of stuff, Myrrh with Iote shield lures Kana and one of the horse archers getting Kana off that def tile making him an easy kill.  Nowi takes care of the rest.  

Had to go in with Bladetome cavalry for Infernal. Green Olwen makes her debut here, and SM!Eirika and L'Arachel got to A support off this map. S!Alfonse got rid of the peggy at the end.

This, after carefully crafting a strategy with Deirdre wiping out M!Kana and Hardin tanking the left, only to have it fall apart on freaking Lunatic.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

6 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

Letting Sheena finish off the Red Manakete would've been a lot funnier, but sadly I couldn't pull it off. Kana dying opened up his space for the ranged units to use, so I couldn't get anyone in to feed Sheena HP/Wards without them dying, and sending her in alone against the remaining units gets her killed by a difference of ONE HP.

Would it make a difference to upgrade her seal? 

I've beaten Infernal hours ago after many attempts. Just never gave up.

Though I will admit, my Kana with Close Def 2 is a lil beast. He was able to withstand hits as long as my Male Morgan, who I got him supported with is by him, but also Male Morgan is a great support unit to have, since Grima's Truth, is just wonderful. 

Though I will personally say, that I do hate the map you fight in, but it did provide great challenge.
Just need to later in life, merge all my M!Kana's into one~

Well rather than put my fire team to the test I just decided to see what Archnoka and her buddies could do. Definitely a fighting retreat to get them off those dratted defense tiles. That said such retreats aren't exactly hard to do when you team flies. Not like @Ginko's retreat where there wasn't margin for error to do what was needed. That said I did need to shift Airzura's seal. She needed a HP+5 seal to survive what she needed to survive. With 1 HP left even. Normally I just leave her with a drive seal just as a general option. But no one needed a drive this map.

Also did an armor clear just to see what that would be like. Sadly I couldn't come up with a way for Amelia to take out everything on her own. That red dragon just doesn't take damage on those tiles. But even with leaving Amelia out on her lonesome for most of the match it was easy enough. Tanky characters on defense tiles just don't like dying.

Final Thoughts: Easy enough map if you have a tank or fliers who can attack and retreat to lure them off the defense tiles. If you have to attack and retreat without fliers that is where things get tricky.

53 minutes ago, Usana said:

Well rather than put my fire team to the test I just decided to see what Archnoka and her buddies could do. Definitely a fighting retreat to get them off those dratted defense tiles. That said such retreats aren't exactly hard to do when you team flies. Not like @Ginko's retreat where there wasn't margin for error to do what was needed.

I will consider that is a compliment to my strategy, I guess.

Yeah, I have to start 1st turn by putting Roy and Siegbert on the right-bridge to kite Kana to Siegbert. Otherwise, Kana and the rest of enemies will move to Shiro and... he will die.

Fliers team has advantage on this map for sure. As long as those flier units can get rid of archers soon enough, the rest is pretty easy.

@mampfoid Too bad about the Titania strat, but the Smite looked cool at least!  Maybe I should stop sending all my 3* Bartres home and start giving out Smite to random units lol. 

Haven't uploaded one of my own clears in a while, so let's remedy that.  It's not particularly impressive, but here we go.

Spoiler

No Distant Counter

No Dancers

No Merges

Kamukamu and Dragon Fang Only (All Units must kill something with Dragon Fang)

Final Destination

Spoiler

Both Kamuis and Female Kanna are +SPD.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Same old boring team of Nino, Eirika, dancer. Except this time Fjorm filled the final slot. She is surprisingly good. She tanked the Red Manakete and Bow Fighter while Nino tanked the Green Mage and Kana - including the turn 3, when both of them unloaded their Specials onto her.

And all of this on my first attempt of Infernal. Fjorm is great.