Legendary Hero Battle Across the Plains: Lyn

SatsumaFSoysoy

Listen up, kiddies, because I'm about the unload some knowledge into you.

Positioning is important.

For you see, I was running my Flier Emblem (ToD!Nowi, FeMorgan, Catria, and HNY!Azura) and kept losing because, the way I was targeting the enemy, I couldn't safely pick off enemies or retreat safely, and I already had to ensure my Azura was buffing Nowis Defense enough to survive a hit from the Firesweep Lance Flier.

Wanna know the winning strategy? I put Nowi in a different spot when she was targeting her enemies.

I won that round not because I was stronger, but because I found that sweetspot that would let me safely kill and retreat. Not even enemy AI manipulation positioning, just Where do I need to be? positioning.

Edited by Xenomata

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a d'oh moment when I realised I had just merged away my F Grima into a level 1 version so I couldn't employ her for this, and without her a couple attempts with Flier Emblem got nowhere close. Tried a number of attempts with full Horse Emblem teams, but they fell short too. Core of Xander, Reinhardt and Bowlyn, originally with Cecilia but positioning was too awkward to reliably use Blade. Then Clarine to try to QR-kill everything with Xander. That too failed. Relented and subbed in Olivia and got the kill by finishing the map early.

Final team:

Xander +0, Fury 2, Vantage 3, Hone Cavalry, Swap, Bonfire, QR seal
Reinhardt +2 (+atk), DB3, Lancebreaker, Goad Cavalry, Moonbow, QP seal
Bowlyn +0, summoner support, Reposition, Fortify Cavalry, Spd seal, rest default
Olivia 4*+10 Ruby Sword+, Fury, WoM, Hone Atk, Moonbow, Hone Spd seal

Even then it took a few attempts as playing defensively didn't get me anywhere. Instead I went hyper-aggressive:

1) Rein kills the armour lancer first turn, Xander uses Swap to tank the sword cav and also counterkills Lyn (with Vantage).

2) Xander runs in and finishes off the sword cav from the north, Rein kills the cav archer, and foot sword (switching the order of this means Rein gets counterkilled by the archer as Moonbow isn't up). To get the foot sword kill I have to use Lyn to reposition Olivia across the bridge so she can dance Rein from the north, and free up the space next to the bridge so Rein can kill the sword while staying away from the lance flier. Replacing the QP seal with the Atk one might simplify this, dunno.

3) Lyn kills the Firesweep flier on the left, Rein the Slaying one on the right, then is danced to damage the axe flier who is then finished off by Xander.

4) Rein kills the cav archer, is danced and kills the cav mage. Lyn counterkills the blue foot mage on the enemy phase.

5) Profit!

EDIT: This is the kind of map I'd give up on after 2-3 attempts if they still cost stamina, one of the times where a change IS made genuinely encourages people to try things, and that's great.

Edited by Humanoid

31 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

QR Ike and Fjorm (see a post I wrote above). You also just got drive atk seal so it should be enough for Fjorm not to let the sword cavalry proc heavy blade for galeforce

I don't have QR on Ike and don't have the resources to give it to him. Ditto for Fjorm. And there's only one QR seal around. I'll figure it out eventually, just get frustrated when I am struggling and see people talking about this being oh so easy.

I (and my trusty horses) did it:
Screenshot_20180501-185754.png

Proving that Yamada’s Lyn > Wada’s Lyn in the process.

Temporarily switched to Moonbow on Reinhardt instead of his usual Draconic Aura. This may have saved my run. I camped on my island, taking out the intruders until they stopped spawning.

@Zeo @mcsilas @Poimagic @DLNarshen @Infinite Dreams @LordFrigid @tobuShogi @NegativeExponents- 

Legendary Lyn Infernal in one turn:

Wary Fighter again, but luckily Quad-Cherche could handle that one. Roy needed Summoner Support, ATK Tactic and Savage Blow to kill the sword Fighter. 

The Firesweep bow will complicate EP clears, @LordFrigid. I'm looking forward to your solution. 

8 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Could you post a general strategy for using this team? I have the same characters and I'm stuck on infernal.

Sure! Just note that my Micaiah has a super offensive anti-sword build so my clear may not be all that useful. B!Lyn merge also skews the strategy a bit due to the Hp boost but the strategy still works if you give a neutral B!Lyn the Hp+3 seal.

https://imgur.com/a/irvoCZB

Turn 1: Should be pretty straightfoward. Let Micaiah kill the armor with Airzura's help and use B!Lyn's Draw back to ger her out of danger. Then dance B!Lyn with Olivia to get the formation in the second image (it's quite important to have said formation to clear the enemy reliably next turn).

Turn 2: Have Micaiah kill the archer first, dance her with Airzura and kill the red cav. Then you use Draw back with B!Lyn. You can either dance with PA!Olivia to put Lyn in front of Micaiah or not, it changes nothing.

Turn 3: Lyn kills the green flyer that just spawned then Airzura will dance her from the forest tile (it has to be that tile, otherwise she'll cause problems for Micaiah and Lyn). Micaiah will kill the sword infantry. Lyn will attack G!Lyn and will survive with 3 Hp if yours is neutral, mine survives with 1 or 4 depending on seal. Olivia will teleport to the right to dance Lyn. It has to be the right so Olivia doesn't die from the fliers.

From there it should be easy to clear the rest of the map thanks to WoM shenanigans. Don't fear the green armor, Micaiah can ORKO it because it is THAT slow (my Micaiah is something like +Def -Res).

Edited by Alexmender

7 hours ago, Nanima said:

This map is frustrating as hell and hearing people say it's easy just makes me feel even worse about it. 

My thoughts on almost every Infernal level challenge map in the game lol. I keep hearing about how easy each new GHB, BHB, and Legendary Battle is even on the highest difficulty, and I die a little bit inside every time.

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

The Firesweep bow will complicate EP clears, @LordFrigid. I'm looking forward to your solution. 

I’m seeing a Slaying Bow? In any case, I have all the math done (I think), so I just need to train up Finn later this afternoon...unless one of my pity-breaker Oscars just happens to be +Atk.

Edited by LordFrigid

52 minutes ago, TadpoleSuperHero said:

My thoughts on almost every Infernal level challenge map in the game lol. I keep hearing about how easy each new GHB, BHB, and Legendary Battle is even on the highest difficulty, and I die a little bit inside every time.

The thing is that it all comes down to the units you've got access to, and how suited they are for a particular map. When I had first completed my flier team and set it against Saias on infernal, I beat it on my first or second try and remember thinking "Wow, that was simple.". So I can see why people would jump on here and talk about it like that. Still, others have a much harder time of it, because they don't have the best units for the map. It sucks to hear about how easy it was for others after banging your head against it for hours. Thing is though, these maps are hard. Of course certain unit types have an easier time of it, but that doesn't mean they are "for babies". People who beat these challenges should be proud, not downplay it. There's also no shame in struggling where others breeze through or needing to look up F2P guides. At least that's what I keep telling myself whenever stuff like this happens.    

Beat infernal with Inigo, Ursula, B!Lyn and Olivia.  Ursula used QR3 ss, Inigo had spur def 2 ss, B!Lyn used speed 3 ss and Olivia had spur atk 3.  I used a f2p guide for team ideas but I had to mess with placement since my team had different IVs and I used Inigo instead of a second Olivia.  Placement is everything on this map, once you get the placement right it is pretty strait forward.  That vantage archer was the only enemy that gave me problems and it took several tries before I had the right placement, once I took them out everything was smooth sailing.

Neutral Reinhardt with default set, Brave Lyn with Draw Back and Life and Death , VL!Ike with -Spd/+Hp, and Fjorm took home the prize. A -Spd Reinhardt would not have worked for me given what I currently have(Hone Spd 1 seal)

Had to give Hone Spd 1 seal to Lyn to have Reinhardt nuke the Lance Armor on the first round. I can't remember how exactly I positioned my units the first time I cleared it, but it doesn't have to be one single way. Although a misstep and I have wind up dead. It is true though, Female Grima was more ridiculous because of the damn Troubadour's debuffs. I don't know if I could have handled it without Male Morgan.

That said, Infernal is true to the "Sacae route" of FE6. Fast enemies that are coming for your throat and those accursed Nomadic Troopers are there to truly make your life miserable with move, speed, and attack to make you cry. Thankfully, Bow Cavs aren't Nomadic Troopers but ranged enemies coming for you throat hearkens back to that mode. And this is me remembering NORMAL MODE of FE6. I have never done hard mode Sacae.

Also, I totally think Legendary Lyn is really hot while every other version of her makes me go meh....

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

@mampfoid Nice. You made it look like it was no problem at all. When I saw the lone sword fighter and enemy phase start I was expecting same turn reinforcements but I forget Heroes doesn’t do that.

@Zeo @mcsilas

This took all night to do successfully but I was able to pull through.

I struggled bad in this one but it just makes it all the more rewarding to be done with it. Outside of threaten atk, and possibly spur def, all passives and seals were an absolute necessity to make this work.

Not really a problem I had to deal with too much but I noticed that Hector actually needs a bit of spd stacking of all things to avoid being killed in the beginning. Just a def boost wasn’t enough.

The biggest problem came in the second and third turns. Everyone is low in hp. OG Lyn was too weak and needed atk. L!Lyn is able to k.o. Eliwood without some extra def. He also needs a speed boost to avoid wo dao double. Firesweep lance is a jerk. Hector can die. Rip Chrom who gave Eliwood aether he didn’t even use. Experimenting with a full on EP strategy (don’t). It was mess.

It was mostly smooth sailing after that with some tweaks here and there. The only other thing that gave me trouble was the hammer wyvern but didn’t take me nearly as long to figure how to deal with it.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

I’m seeing a Slaying Bow? In any case, I have all the math done (I think), so I just need to train up Finn later this afternoon.

Oh, my bad. I didn't want to bring on a panic. Looking forward to see Finn crushing some things! 

(Btw: I ran him with Sigurd some days in TTs and because of their resemblance I mixed them up from time to time. Which didn't end well a few times because of WTA). 

13 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Nice. You made it look like it was no problem at all. When I saw the lone sword fighter and enemy phase start I was expecting same turn reinforcements but I forget Heroes doesn’t do that.

Yep, with reinforcements on turn 1 this map would have been much more difficult to solve with an one turn strategy for me. I would have needed a unit which could do Cherches job, but with 1 more movement (= Cav) to save Azuras dance for an additional attack. 

Wow, your LA!Hector counter kills that sword Cav (and other units) like nothing! Another cool unit I'm missing. 

I like the music and in your video I can see all the stuff I'm missing with a one turn approach. Perhaps I'll do another one with different units. 

Oof that map was mean. Took me forever to figure out a way to clear the damn thing and then I promptly forgot an important middle step and spent another hour trying to remember what I had done that worked. Then I got to fight with media encoder crashing when I sped this thing up to fit twitter's unreasonable standard of video length.

3 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Sure! Just note that my Micaiah has a super offensive anti-sword build so my clear may not be all that useful. B!Lyn merge also skews the strategy a bit due to the Hp boost but the strategy still works if you give a neutral B!Lyn the Hp+3 seal.

https://imgur.com/a/irvoCZB

Turn 1: Should be pretty straightfoward. Let Micaiah kill the armor with Airzura's help and use B!Lyn's Draw back to ger her out of danger. Then dance B!Lyn with Olivia to get the formation in the second image (it's quite important to have said formation to clear the enemy reliably next turn).

Turn 2: Have Micaiah kill the archer first, dance her with Airzura and kill the red cav. Then you use Draw back with B!Lyn. You can either dance with PA!Olivia to put Lyn in front of Micaiah or not, it changes nothing.

Turn 3: Lyn kills the green flyer that just spawned then Airzura will dance her from the forest tile (it has to be that tile, otherwise she'll cause problems for Micaiah and Lyn). Micaiah will kill the sword infantry. Lyn will attack G!Lyn and will survive with 3 Hp if yours is neutral, mine survives with 1 or 4 depending on seal. Olivia will teleport to the right to dance Lyn. It has to be the right so Olivia doesn't die from the fliers.

From there it should be easy to clear the rest of the map thanks to WoM shenanigans. Don't fear the green armor, Micaiah can ORKO it because it is THAT slow (my Micaiah is something like +Def -Res).

This is a really nice strategy! I actually went and tried it myself using the units that you listed (that said, I actually used PA!Azura instead of Olivia because I misread something). I didn't use the exact strategy here, but thanks for giving me the idea!

I always hate having to resort to it, but I ended up turning to the tried and true Lynhardt and two dancers. Still took a few tries getting positioning and skills right, (and remembering that Bowbreaker now only work on colorless bows and so I useless against Lyn), but I eventually figured it out. These Legendary Infernals have been brutal so far!

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

This is a really nice strategy! I actually went and tried it myself using the units that you listed (that said, I actually used PA!Azura instead of Olivia because I misread something). I didn't use the exact strategy here, but thanks for giving me the idea!

I'm glad it helped you clear it! 

my Saizo +10 basicly solod half of the enemys there. Thank god for Smoke Daggers + and close defense makeing him the best opening unit at the beginning (and Rainbow Tactics!)

I followed PM's guide in the end because I really, really couldn't be bothered with it. Even the lack of stamina use doesn't really encourage me on reinforcement maps. 

Incidentally, if anyone else has a -Spd Lyn like me but still wants to follow his guide, an A support between Legendary Ike and CYL Lyn does the trick :) 

For this one, cleared Normal + Hard with low HM units.

Lunatic took way too many tries, but I did it with the usual suspects: Witch!Nowi, Newzura, Newmilla and Valter. Fuck the reinforcements, fuck Lyn's absurd EP stats with this many allies. Newmilla could still double her.

Infernal I have decided is not worth the insanity to clear myself. Tried Phoenixmaster's strat, only it would not work quite right. Had to slap on some drive seals to get it to work. Either way, Finn's support was appreciated.