June's Legendary Hero Arrives! Hector: Marquess of Ostia (June 28 ~ July 5)

Coolmanio

I THOUGHT THARJA EMBLEM WAS BAD.

So, Thunder Armads is another about allies nearby (preventing follow-ups), though I'm not feeling it. He's also got DC, Vengeful Fighter and Ostia's Pulse, which gives -1 to cooldown if those allies share a movement type. Armour Emblem gets a new boost at least.

Red has Leif, Winter Tharja and D!Ike so it's a good colour for me personally, Winter Tharja eluded me on the banner, D!Ike has Warding Breath and Leif could get a better nature or be used for Drive Atk. Blue has LA!Lyn, L'!Ephraim and F!Morgan so I'm not too pushed about it though F!Morgan's another magic flyer. Green has B!Ike and Myrrh so OH THANK CHRIST CHRISSA ISN'T HERE YET I can utterly skip this colour, it's a shame Myrrh but I just am uninterested in this likely broken legendary. Colourless has F!Grima, Elise and LA!Roy, who I have. All of them.

So this time it's Red >>>>>> Blue > Colourless >> Green

Christ on a bike IS, I'd be okay making Hector emblem if they weren't so similar. Seriously.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel Hector being an axe armor again is a continuation of the “I brought Armads” joke from the LA paralogue...

My main complaint here is this would have been an excellent opportunity to put Not Cornelius... er, FE6 Hector.  The constant axe armorness is annoying too, at least Tharja has some move type variety.

Anyway, pulling Colorless, let’s hope VRoy doesn’t hate me like he did in February.  I wouldn’t complain too much about a better Elise or FGrima so long as I still get Roy...

For every alt Hector gets, Armads gets an alt too 

I probably will pull green since there's no real reason not to. I still don't have a fire legendary, and I'd like to get a Myrrh that isn't -Def, and steady breath is always good to have, even though I've already pulled 5 BIkes.

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

For every alt Hector gets, Armads gets an alt too 

I probably will pull green since there's no real reason not to. I still don't have a fire legendary, and I'd like to get a Myrrh that isn't -Def, and steady breath is always good to have, even though I've already pulled 5 BIkes.

So if CYL Hector doesn't get Armads Bartre does?

I'm OK with that.

Hector himself is okay. As has been said so many times already, there's nothing new here. The banner itself is decent. I definitely want blue since LA!Lyn fills the magic armor niche I'm lacking, L!Ephraim is nice, and Morgan is my precious daughter who deserves all the merges. Green is pretty good with B!Ike, Myrrh, and of course L!Hector. Red is meh for me since I don't need Leif and I really don't care about Tharja. I can do without grey since I've already got Elise, F!Grima is meh, and LA!Roy can't match up to B!Lyn.

All in all, probably going to focus on green and blue. It's kind of disappointing that Hector's already gotten two variants with CYL2 still on the horizon, but these things tend to be planned out well ahead of time.

15 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

To break the monotony, we should get Tharja with Armads and Hector with a Candelabra. He can still use it as an axe anyway if he insists.

How about Hector in Tharja's costume then? 

Actually now I remember I still don't have a Fire legendary for my second account, so I might dip into blue if green doesn't show up.

i wonder if you combine thunder armads with wary fighter, does that mean he cant be doubled even if the oppnent uses bold fighter or axe breaker and outspeeds him? much like double QR lets original hector double dispite wary fighter?

.... woooooosh all thats missing then is a vantage seal

also that pulse tactics is BS, now i might need to worry for Reinhardt with Luna, Zelgius with steady breath and bold fighter and QR skill. or some other shenanigans!!!

Liking this new Armads. It's essentially a better Wary Fighter freeing up the B slot for other skills if Vengeful Fighter's not your cup of tea. LA Hector for Offense, Legend Hector for Tank and special trigger shenanigans. Poor old regular Hector...

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

i wonder if you combine thunder armads with wary fighter, does that mean he cant be doubled even if the oppnent uses bold fighter or axe breaker and outspeeds him? much like double QR lets original hector double dispite wary fighter?

.... woooooosh all thats missing then is a vantage seal

also that pulse tactics is BS, now i might need to worry for Reinhardt with Luna, Zelgius with steady breath and bold fighter and QR skill. or some other shenanigans!!!

I think this'll probably be a non-stack-able effect making Wary Fighter as effective as an empty slot outside of the case where Thunder Armads' effect is not active and Wary Fighter's condition is met.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

Gray is my top priority. F!Grima is one of my highest merges not yet +10 and would make my arena scoring much stronger. I'm missing V!Roy (Bow Valor will help me train my Faye). I got Elise recently, but with terrible IVs, +HP -Spd.

Blue is my second. L!Ephraim and V!Lyn could use a merge or two. F!Morgan will provide Guard to Spring Xander before merging higher.

Green is my third. Another Hector? I guess I could merge B!Ike if I got another. Myrrh could always use merges. 

Red is my lowest priority. W!Tharja is excellent (even with trash IVs, she'll be good for Red Tome Valor, I really need to grind SP on Summer Leo, Julius, and Lyon), but I'm a little while away from L!Ike merging all the way, and I already maxed out my Leif.

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am not sure if Ostia's Pulse is a Armour Emblem skill. It looks more like a Pulse Tactic, which only works in mixed teams. At least this is what I understood from the skill's description.

Whoops, you're right.

Well I'm now more convinced that I'm not pulling for him.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Whoops, you're right.

Well I'm now more convinced that I'm not pulling for him.

Yeah... I think his skill reference his main allies: Eliwood (cavalry) and Lyn (infantry). If I get Hector in this banner, Ostia's Pulse will not be in his build.

I think I prefer him not being on an armour team. Conveniently Lilina already has the Fire blessing, she and Hector would make a good basis for my first mixed team. Amelia and soon Grima have the green spots in my armour team on lockdown anyway.

Every other fire blessing so far has gone to a horse, as has wind, so it's a good time for me to start building mixed teams. Thinking Tailtiu would be a great third with a Tactics-powered Blade. A brave bow archer would be a nice fourth but it'd need to be Roy, which isn't likely, eh. Regardless, it won't be so hot for arena scoring, but then none of my teams are. No point planning it out too far though, my chances are pretty minuscule with around 60-80 orbs and if he doesn't turn up now, he'll be gone until September at the earliest.

Edited by Humanoid

I know FEH units are planned months before the unit's release, but this Hector looks so poorly made that looks like IS made L' Hector in less than a month. I am not surprised if we get Legendary Celica this year too. Right now, I am only excited with Brave Veronica, who I am thinking to make my free choice (with we have a free choice).

Also, with Hector as the new Legendary Hero, the one hero per game don't exist anymore. For  mage legendary hero, I believe Micaiah possessed by Yune is a possibility...

I can't believe I am saying this much. But this banner doesn't much interest me. Usually there is something I really want from at least 1 color, but this time is just meh. Green is probably the one I want most since more Myrrh would be nice and more Steady Breath is never a bad thing. Maybe blue since I don't have F Morgan yet and Ephraim is probably my main Legendary. Colorless would be nice for Robin, but now that I have checked Elise off my list I don't feel like going for more of her. Tharja would be nice for several reasons, BUT Ike is one of my least used Legendaries and I have little interest in Leif. So Red is a definite no.

Well just means I can better focus on getting SunTana.

I was hoping that VRoy would skip this legendary banner and wait for a little bit. I have a +speed/-hp Vroy and that 31 hp really hurts, but I don't have the orbs to pull for him now.

Hector is cool even if he has the same class and weapon as the last two Hectors.

This banner is pretty insane to me, I have none of the units except Vike, so almost anything would be pleasing to see (best scenario would be Bike for SB fodder).

2 hours ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

I think this'll probably be a non-stack-able effect making Wary Fighter as effective as an empty slot outside of the case where Thunder Armads' effect is not active and Wary Fighter's condition is met.

It most likely will stack, because it looks like 2 flags of 'Enemy cannot followup' which is similar to the 2 flags of 'Hector can followup' with that Armads+wary+QR seal effect.

I'm a starting to get sick of Hector (I think people love him for pretty much the worst reasons to like a character).

But... I can't skip this banner; it's has so many great things I would need; a Fire Legendary (Hector/Ephraim), more powerful fodder (Ike and Tharja) and many units I don't have (The rest).

So yeah Hector; I'll receive with a bittersweet feeling; because I don't want you but I need you... fuck xDU.

I'll be rolling red, green, and blue.

Green: Want Hector, Myrrh, and Brave Ike merges

Red: Want Vanguard Ike merges and Leif merges/better IV's. Tharja makes good fodder, as I hate Seasonals on principle.

Blue: Want Legendary Ephraim merges. Want Morgan merges. LA Lyn will make good fodder for my Soren.

Colorless: Skipping. While I want Robin merges, I despise Elise as a character, and avoid seasonals unless they are good fodder.

I think the reason why IS is making all Hector a green armored unit is because you only saw Hector wielding an axe.

And because otherwise Hector Emblem would be too op.