Jump to content
redlight

Aether Raids General Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Usana said:

@Anacybele Congrats! Maintaining 21 shouldn't be too hard. I don't recall the maps being that much worse up here on average unless you are trying to climb all the way up to the top.  But getting enough lift to maintain is pretty easy, though it does help if you have defense teams set up to reduce average lift loss either through winning more often than not or just through blessings and mythics. If you can keep your average weekly lost lift below your teams score then you just need to win one match each week. Which is pretty easy.

But yeah if you know how much lift you usually lose each week you know roughly how many matches you need to win.  That said sometimes you can have really rough weeks. At this point my recommendation is to find as many ways to reduce defense losses as much as possible. Makes maintaining MUCH easier. Kinda of annoying to make, but you can actually get away with copying the team of a high level player. My Cav Line isn't one I thought up. I basically just copied the layout of the one posted in this thread(I do believe) back when they were becoming popular. OF course I have different units and tend to use fewer staff cavs, but it still works pretty well. I only lost 34 lift this week, though a bit of that was luck with the Lift Loss Control grabbing the two complete failures the team had.

4 Successes
2 Failures where 2 foes were defeated
1 Failure with 1 foe defeated(the 34 lost lift)
2 Complete Failures.

Even in a worst case scenario this week where all failures landed outside my protected window, I would only have lost 170(54+54+34+14+14). Which isn't too hard to gain back, though not ideal. Not sure what I can do to reduce it more since it is the well thought out super tank teams that bring it down. Brave Ike and the Askr Duo were the main problems wiping my team this week(2 Brave Ikes and 1 Askr Duo are the source of the 2 complete failures and the 1 foe lost failure, that last one didn't leave enough back room space and had to leave Duo Hector out. Poor guy thought Hector could tank Brave Lyn, didn't work out for him). Casa Blanca Valentine Eliwood and Great Flame Myrrh were the 2 failures with 2 foes defeated. And 2 of the 4 successes were against Dragon Tanks. Nowi was felled and a Fallen Corrin(who I thought was usually a problem for this team) got nuked as well. The other two were bouts where the person clearly had no idea how to deal with a cav line. But anyways the point of a cav line is to get those 1+foes killed(more is better obviously) each and every bout to reduce your lift loss. A good one will even have plenty of successes. Mine is not so good since usually half my successes are from folks just surrendering once one unit drops. This week was just better than average. Still I need to go in and shuffle things a bit. It gets wrecked by Brave Ike too easily and that is a threat I really should be prepared for(even if it was originally built before he was an AR threat).
 

I see, I see... I did just win a battle while in tier 21, so yeah, it shouldn't be too hard to maintain. Climbing a few more tiers is probably another story. But I don't care about being super high tier. Though it'd be nice to get a throne.

54 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Hey congrats! 

Thanks, mampf! ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After two perfect matches yesterday, I was able to break into T20 😁 Now I just need to find the time to sneak in one or two matches today to offset any defense losses that will pull me back down to T19

mD7jGeIl.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I agree, it's annoying to get to tier 21, but once you're there, it's not as stressful. I'm so glad I actually managed it, and I wasn't even seriously trying for the most part because I didn't think I could do it. 😛

Nice! Should be much less stressful now.

You can celebrate by cooking a huge feast in Aether Resort and unlock all the recipes.

4 hours ago, Landmaster said:

It's been so long since I used a bonus unit not named Naga and been able to get this high of a score~

Damn. Tier 26 is not even enough to get a Gold Throne on Light Season. I guess I will try for it during Astra whenever Naga comes back around.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, XRay said:

Damn. Tier 26 is not even enough to get a Gold Throne on Light Season. I guess I will try for it during Astra whenever Naga comes back around.

Probably not Silver, either. I'm Rank 5,948 right now with 2 hours left~ Doubt it'll hold~

I'd defs try to get Gold in Astra. All of my Golds have been in Astra so far and I only needed T25 for them~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, XRay said:

Nice! Should be much less stressful now.

You can celebrate by cooking a huge feast in Aether Resort and unlock all the recipes.

Yeah, I hope so!

OMG, that's a good idea! Thanks for the suggestion!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided I wanted to record my defense replays so I can go back and watch them to help me improve it a bit. @Landmaster made me leave animations on, so it's a bit long, but feel free to watch it. This defense had gotten me a few flawless weeks, but it did pretty poorly this week. Didn't get attacked by as many mega whales this week, but they generally forfeit when they lose a single unit, so I can't say that is a good thing. In any case, those who did win had a couple deaths and none of them got both pots, so that's always nice.

If anyone has any suggestions for my defense, let me know. I am considering giving Eliwood panic smoke, which may have prevented some of the losses I had this week. Also probably going to swap out the darting blow seal for the swift sparrow seal now that we have it.

 

Edited by Maaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One death on offense (I was trying to be a little more conservative with my ladders, but ended up with 3 left over) and -85 on defense got me a T27 finish. Having at least one bonus unit (Peony) on every team really came in handy.

I have decided that it’s much more fun to be on the delivering end of the bonus unit Winter Sothis experience than the receiving end.

Hopefully next week will put an end to my string of meh performances in Astra season...fingers crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tier 26 courtesy of W!Sothis soloing maps by herself. My defense was my meme Lyns so obviously it was nothing but losing lift. 

It was fun while it lasted, next season is going to be a bit of a pain but I guess putting Selkie on support duty with her Sabotage skill and a Ploy seal while Altina solos stuff is going to be the way to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maaka said:

Decided I wanted to record my defense replays so I can go back and watch them to help me improve it a bit. @Landmaster made me leave animations on, so it's a bit long, but feel free to watch it. This defense had gotten me a few flawless weeks, but it did pretty poorly this week. Didn't get attacked by as many mega whales this week, but they generally forfeit when they lose a single unit, so I can't say that is a good thing. In any case, those who did win had a couple deaths and none of them got both pots, so that's always nice.

If anyone has any suggestions for my defense, let me know. I am considering giving Eliwood panic smoke, which may have prevented some of the losses I had this week. Also probably going to swap out the darting blow seal for the swift sparrow seal now that we have it.

 

BOLGANONE MICAIAH, what are these 3000 IQ players you are facing?

WHEW that exact lethal on A!F!Corrin hurt.

Honestly Alm saying “There’s no escape” as he runs halfway across the map is pretty godlike. Ergo, we leave animations on~

Dude leaving his Lucina in range had absolutely no fear and his whole team got slaughtered, this was the timeline where only Omega Chrom and Lucina survive~

The IQ on that L!Marth player was pretty large until Eliwood got free and killed all his Eirs.

I would defs go Panic Smoke on Eliwood, I ran into one today and lost because of it (well I didn’t really try after I saw Panic Smoke, but I don’t think I would have won either way)~ Also seen it on B!Roys, those two run it really well due to built in Impact~

The 3H music going through both Thunder and Rain was lit!~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking I wanted to put someone with the Temari+ dagger on one of my AR teams, but not sure who I should give it to. I thought about giving it to Eir since I have two regular Eirs, although I rarely run both of them together on a team instead of Peony + Eir. My second Eir has Fury so she has 2 higher Res than the neutral one (36). My other option is Tethys (34 Res now, but I will start merging her soon). I only have two dancers that are blessed Astra, Reyson and Dancing Xander. Xander can't use the Temari, so should I just replace him with Temari Tethys and give her an Astra blessing? Or should I just give it to one of my Eirs and use it during light season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

BOLGANONE MICAIAH, what are these 3000 IQ players you are facing?

WHEW that exact lethal on A!F!Corrin hurt.

Honestly Alm saying “There’s no escape” as he runs halfway across the map is pretty godlike. Ergo, we leave animations on~

Dude leaving his Lucina in range had absolutely no fear and his whole team got slaughtered, this was the timeline where only Omega Chrom and Lucina survive~

The IQ on that L!Marth player was pretty large until Eliwood got free and killed all his Eirs.

I would defs go Panic Smoke on Eliwood, I ran into one today and lost because of it (well I didn’t really try after I saw Panic Smoke, but I don’t think I would have won either way)~ Also seen it on B!Roys, those two run it really well due to built in Impact~

The 3H music going through both Thunder and Rain was lit!~

It is rather nice hearing all of the special quotes. Also, guess a Thrasir is being eaten by Eliwood this week. Glad you liked the music. I spent far too much time on that than I should have, but I love the 3H music too much to have passed up that opportunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

I was thinking I wanted to put someone with the Temari+ dagger on one of my AR teams, but not sure who I should give it to. I thought about giving it to Eir since I have two regular Eirs, although I rarely run both of them together on a team instead of Peony + Eir. My second Eir has Fury so she has 2 higher Res than the neutral one (36). My other option is Tethys (34 Res now, but I will start merging her soon). I only have two dancers that are blessed Astra, Reyson and Dancing Xander. Xander can't use the Temari, so should I just replace him with Temari Tethys and give her an Astra blessing? Or should I just give it to one of my Eirs and use it during light season?

I lean towards Eir since she is a staple on many super tank teams, and Temari's Atk/Spd-5 would be very useful. I recommend giving it to the one that is not the free neutral one, since your free neutral one should stay unmerged for following guide videos, while your other one you can give it merges and Flowers as you please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a lovely first day in AR this season.

I got a easy map today. A team withou Hardy Bearing or Rally Traps. I just smited Laevatein into the enemy team after the rest of my units got both pots, that were in a easy location.

For defense, I got a success! And for my surprise... Against a +10 Brave Ike + Brave Lucina combo!!! He even had NY Alfonse to grant him Special Cooldown-2 at start of combat. However, he was not match to both Picnic Flora and Thrasir.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I got a great perfect win with my Keaton team, got all the pots and everything. A great start, right? But somehow I nevertheless screwed up. I forgot to give New Year Anna a blessing before doing the battle. So I only got 130x2 lift instead of the 140x2 lift I should have gotten. Darn. I manage to screw up even when I play perfectly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I goofed and forgot NY!Alfonse had boosted HP this Season and he didn't get his IP from Raven in the first match, SMH~ Thankfully I noticed it early enough to not have that happen again~ It was still a Success, fortunately so it didn't really matter this time but I still want to gauge how well this team does~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Astra week sucks as usual. Why can't Astra mythics be as good as the Light ones? The Light ones are freaking FREE and they're really good. Naga and Altina are terrible though. They're killed easily all the time. Which is odd to me in Altina's case because she seemed stupid good originally. Maybe I'm somehow not using her right? I don't know.

I still can't find a good enough unit to do during Astra what Brave Ike can do in Light weeks either... I thought Christmas Sothis might, but no, she's no good. Maybe she'd be much better if I could merge her the way I did Brave Ike, but that's not happening anytime soon.

I just don't know what to do for Astra week anymore... I will maintain tier 21+ but I've already used up all my ladders, so I don't think I'll climb much higher than where I'm currently at. I don't care about going all the way to the top, it'd just be nice to earn a throne.

Though I noticed a certain someone said don't help me here anymore... So I guess if anyone does, shoot me a PM. I promise to do my best to listen. I just need a good Brave Ike-like tank for Astra week. Brave Ike's been the best thing by far for me in AR, so if I can replicate those results in Astra week, that'd be great.

Units I'm considering for an Astra mixed tank that I currently have:
- Christmas Sothis (if I'm wrong that she's not good enough, that is. I really wanted it to be her because she's the same color as Brave Ike and has DC and since her Def is lower than her Res, she'd benefit the most from Naga's Def boost)
- NY Alfonse + Sharena (they're not the same color, but they do have CC and good defensive stats. I'd have to change their blessing though, and they wouldn't benefit as much from a Def boost as they would Eir's Res boost. They currently have a Light blessing)
- Halloween Myrrh (again not the same color, but she has great defensive stats as well and I gave her DC awhile back. I'd have to change her blessing too, though she'd also benefit more from a Res boost)
- Christmas Cecilia (she'd benefit from the Def boost, though she also would need a blessing change and to be built up a little more, as she lacks CC or even a full kit. I've started liking her more because she has a nice design and she looks really pretty with the Handmade Clip EX accessory!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Anacybele I use W!Cecilia for Astra. She is working so far.

I'm also thinking about building Hawkeye for Astra. A +Res copy with his prf refine should work nicely. I just need to figure the rest of the build (DC on A slot, obv. But the rest I'm not sure). Has someone had succes with Hawkeye?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Astra week sucks as usual. Why can't Astra mythics be as good as the Light ones? The Light ones are freaking FREE and they're really good. Naga and Altina are terrible though. They're killed easily all the time. Which is odd to me in Altina's case because she seemed stupid good originally. Maybe I'm somehow not using her right? I don't know.

Altina is usually used as a Counter-Vantage unit. She is also sometimes used as a Galeforcer. And sometimes she does both.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Rinco said:

@Anacybele I use W!Cecilia for Astra. She is working so far.

I'm also thinking about building Hawkeye for Astra. A +Res copy with his prf refine should work nicely. I just need to figure the rest of the build (DC on A slot, obv. But the rest I'm not sure). Has someone had succes with Hawkeye?

That's good to hear. I should build up mine more regardless.

I forgot about Hawkeye! I still have a +Atk one I can work with too, though he needs upgrading. But yeah, I'd need to know if others have had success with him as well.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Altina is usually used as a Counter-Vantage unit. She is also sometimes used as a Galeforcer. And sometimes she does both.

I see. I was thinking mixed phase because she has the brave effect on both phases like Sword Reinhardt. But I can give her Galeforce at some point anyway for the sake of options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I'm also thinking about building Hawkeye for Astra. A +Res copy with his prf refine should work nicely. I just need to figure the rest of the build (DC on A slot, obv. But the rest I'm not sure). Has someone had succes with Hawkeye?

You found the right man, my friend. I use Hawkeye during Astra Season, and he didn't disappoit me.

QJbLSWe.png

Of course I do not try to bait Thrasir with him. Haha

But he is able to bait Alms, Celicas, Julias, and, with buffs, even Ophelias. I went with Ruptured Sky, and with his Guardian's Axe, so he will trigger his special attack in every counterattack.

When i started to use him he didn't have Null C-Disrupt, but I started to encounter some firesweep units and Dazzling healers, so I foddered my other Nailah to him. Before this, he had Quick Riposte on his B slot, and Fierce Stance on his Seal slot.

Here's an example of me testing Hawkeye in a mock battle in the spoilers tab:

Spoiler

 

 

@Anacybele 

I am not sure from where you think that Altina is terrible.

I use Altina and she does her job pretty well! I gave her Quickened Pulse for her Seal slow, so she is guaranteed to trigger her special in the first combat she enters... unless foe has Guard effect.

What you need to do with her is to use Bold Traps to make her enter Vantage mode as soon as possible. When she is in vantage, she can easily bait non blue units and units without hardy Bearing effect. If you don't use Quickened Pulse, a Brazen Atk/Def or Brazen Atk/Res will do the job. And try to avoid leaving her in Healing Tower range, because it will heal her and take her out of Vantage mode.

In vantage range, you can even use her to bait Thrasir. I do this a lot.

Winter Sothis is good, but maybe you have a different opinion about her now because she is not a bonus unit anymore.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang, that is a really good Hawkeye.

29 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am not sure from where you think that Altina is terrible.

I use Altina and she does her job pretty well! I gave her Quickened Pulse for her Seal slow, so she is guaranteed to trigger her special in the first combat she enters... unless foe has Guard effect.

What you need to do with her is to use Bold Traps to make her enter Vantage mode as soon as possible. When she is in vantage, she can easily bait non blue units and units without hardy Bearing effect. If you don't use Quickened Pulse, a Brazen Atk/Def or Brazen Atk/Res will do the job. And try to avoid leaving her in Healing Tower range, because it will heal her and take her out of Vantage mode.

In vantage range, you can even use her to bait Thrasir. I do this a lot.

Winter Sothis is good, but maybe you have a different opinion about her now because she is not a bonus unit anymore.

Oh yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I should have Altina trigger the bolt traps more often then.

As for Christmas Sothis, Brave Ike's not been a bonus unit in AR lately, and he's done wonders for me. So...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

As for Christmas Sothis, Brave Ike's not been a bonus unit in AR lately, and he's done wonders for me. So...

No, it's not the same thing.

Sothis cannot force Desperation on the enemy and reduce theirs two attacks by 40% and 80% respectively. They are totally different units. The only thing they share in common it's the color.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

Np, it's not the same thing.

Sothis cannot force Desperation on the enemy and reduce theirs two attacks by 40% and 80% respectively. They are totally different units. The only thing they share in common it's the color.

I didn't say they were the same thing. I said they were similar being green and having both high Def and Res. That's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

You found the right man, my friend. I use Hawkeye during Astra Season, and he didn't disappoit me.

QJbLSWe.png

Of course I do not try to bait Thrasir with him. Haha

But he is able to bait Alms, Celicas, Julias, and, with buffs, even Ophelias. I went with Ruptured Sky, and with his Guardian's Axe, so he will trigger his special attack in every counterattack.

When i started to use him he didn't have Null C-Disrupt, but I started to encounter some firesweep units and Dazzling healers, so I foddered my other Nailah to him. Before this, he had Quick Riposte on his B slot, and Fierce Stance on his Seal slot.

Here's an example of me testing Hawkeye in a mock battle in the spoilers tab:

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

I don't have another Null C to fodder him. I'll probably go with Q-Riposte on the B slot and either Renewal or Atk/Def Smoke (the one that isn't on the C slot). Since he won't be running Aether, I'll like to have something giving him more sustain. Ike can do it pretty well with Aether + Eir's C skill, Hawkeye will have to do with Renewal.
I think I'll make the leap and +10 him already if I have a +Res one on my barracks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...