FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

I actually fully expect Mercedes to be quite scary when she gets angry. That would fit her character archetype, at least. And now, I want to know more about Annette (I suppose she's a commoner, then?)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Tamanoir said:

I actually fully expect Mercedes to be quite scary when she gets angry. That would fit her character archetype, at least. And now, I want to know more about Annette (I suppose she's a commoner, then?)

I can totally see that happening, especially when people she cares about are threatened in some way.

I'm not sure if Anette is a noble or a commoner, since Lorenz was in the same school as well and he was a noble, so we'll have to wait and see. This actually made me wonder: which starting class will Mercedes have? Her background leaves both options open.

Edited by SushiCat

23 minutes ago, Tamanoir said:

Annette being a commoner or noble is hard to tell since she and Lorenz went to the same place with Mercedes at one point so we'll see. So far Ingrid and Mercedes for the Blue Lion girls are confirmed noble(even though Mercedes is now living as a commoner she still counts birthwise).

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

3 hours ago, Nanima said:

Can we go a single page in this thread without shitting on Fates? Yes, it's a very flawed game with numerous things I hope to see this game improve on, but as someone who still liked that game it gets incredibly tiresome to have every three posts be someone stating "Yes, not like that shitty Fates!" "Yes, not like that dumb character x I hate from Fates" "I hope it's anything but like Fates." ... It's like Fates is the anti-christ of gaming that murdered orphans and we have to bring it up every 5 minutes lest people forget. I am so tired of it. We get it already.

^^^^^Even as a person who heavily disliked the entirety of the game, I have to agree.

It IS really nice how alive his world already feels just from descriptions and character backstories alone. I know getting hyped for an FE game's story has been a bad idea for a while but it really does seem like they're trying with this one and not just rushing to connect everything or clumsily cramming new ideas onto an old plot. :^_^:

Edited by TheDreamReturns

Apparently Nintendo UK did a booboo revealing a plot detail although it was very obvious.

Spoiler

We'll be fighting the Church of Seiros at one point in the game.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=333186257395421&id=145686449478737

Someone's in trouble 

1 hour ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Apparently Nintendo UK did a booboo revealing a plot detail although it was vere obvious.

Reveal hidden contents

Someone's in trouble 

Spoiler

Just like all video game's churches, Fodlan's one is no different haha.

@Armagon Sorry, you're right.

Edited by Myrlan

Former noble of one nation who lives in another as a commoner. Reminds me of the Capua family from the Trails series. Wonder if Mercedes' family (i mean, i assume it was all of them and not just her) lost their nobility for the same reasons too. But that's just a guess. I'm curious to know why.

Mercedes looks cuter than she does in her portrait, though that's not a bad thing.

38 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Apparently Nintendo UK did a booboo revealing a plot detail although it was very obvious.

Reveal hidden contents

Someone's in trouble 

*Seinfield theme plays*

@Myrlan

Even if it's obvious, you probably should've spoiler tagged that. Game still isn't out yet.

Mercedes sounds interesting. Interestingly, Mercedes is shown using a bow in the group shots of the Blue Lions, despite going to the Mage Academy. Maybe magic will also be one of her talents? In the same vein, I kinda hope magic is one of Lorenz' weaknesses, as it'd be funny.

z_5cd5298928e41.jpg

I have a feeling she'll have a bonus in at least Faith magic - she looks like the motherly type of healer. If I can make her a flying healer I would be ecstatic and wouldn't be mad about being able to marry her and will in my first playthrough definitely. 

21 minutes ago, Calico said:

Mercedes sounds interesting. Interestingly, Mercedes is shown using a bow in the group shots of the Blue Lions, despite going to the Mage Academy. Maybe magic will also be one of her talents? In the same vein, I kinda hope magic is one of Lorenz' weaknesses, as it'd be funny.

z_5cd5298928e41.jpg

It's hard to tell. A lot of the screenshots generally show the characters near their base level with their main proficient weapons, but they do like to swap out weapons from time to time. Although, most of the time, they give them weapons that make sense for their progression. Like Caspar having gauntlets and axes (which fits with the Fighter and Brawler classes).

In any case, bow does make sense for Mercedes if she's going for a more support role and the gang is lacking a bow wielder otherwise. They're also lacking a Faith wielder, but pretty much any of the 8 could be wielding it out of sight, especially since they're all Commoners/Nobles who can wield magic.

If we're going off each weapon type having a "canon" user from the students I'd imagine it'll be(not counting Dimitri as he's got a canon one anyway):

Dedue: Axes

Felix: Swords

Mercedes: Faith

Annette: Reason

Ashe: Bows

Sylvain: Lances

Ingrid: Lances

2 Lances because it's Blue Lions

Sidenote: I have a feeling they may play the angle of Mercedes saying she's only a "little older" than the other students, then it being revealed she's like 30 or something.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

7 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Some part of me thinks that Mercedes is going to die. She has the dead Anime mom hairdo. Going to need more than a backstory to be interested in her.

she's got possible waifuing armor she'll be fine unless maybe if a different path is chosen certain characters (not because of hair) will fall(hope not).

Mercedes has a nice design. Reminds me of Ellen mixed with Sigrun. She also gives off that motherly retainer vibe, even if as far as I'm aware she's not a retainer but I'm sure she'll take on a caring role in the group.

The backstories are encouraging, as is the lore, I just hope they aren't just superficial details. I want the world to actually feel alive.

I'm intrigued to find out why she left the Empire, and specifically decided to become a Commoner when she moved to Faerghus? Will she have history with Edelgard or her family? Does she have a crest? Assuming it's one from Adrestia and not Faerghus. 

I really like Mercedes's design and bio. She's definitely the best girl out of all I've been shown so far. Still waiting on Marianne and Lysithea.

Edited by PrincessAlyson

1 hour ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Definitely going Lance(since that's Blue Lions specialty)/bow/reason flyer with her she'll grace the battlefield the best way possible so far my instant waifu when I go Blue Lions!

Pretty sure it's already been shown that classes still have fixed weapon types.

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

Doesn't mean we can't get really diverse classes and weapon combinations, seeing as though Heroes really brought that into the limelight and we seem to be getting a lot of classes going off of the pre-release so far.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

6 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Actually no only some class weapons like fist and magic are restricted every other weapon can be used.