New Heroes Banner (Desert Mercenaries)

Alexmender

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm interested to know whether there will be enough 3H steam that even when split between at least three lords, all of them can raise into the top two.

Lyn and Roy did both rise to the top in the first CYL, but I question whether Roy's steam is actually at all shared with Lyn's, or whether she had all of the Elibe fanbase and Roy just had SMAAAASH! as his fanbase.

Though considering Eirika had a chance to win CYL2 were it not for the halfway results giving Veronique a likely Rally Spectrum, and that Ephraim won a male slot, a shared source of steam, if such things actually exist, was able to almost get two Magvelians to the top.

So Edelweiss and False Dimitri V could both reach the top two. Or since votes don't care about gender, it could be both guys. But three or four, there were only two Magvel lords, their example isn't perfect for this.

And where is By the Shy Protag going to end up? It should be high, but how high?

This is also what I've been thinking - Marth and Eirika plus Edelgard and one out of Dimitri/Claude.

No avatar units have made it into the top so far, but it may happen eventually as the competition thins out. I'm curious how Byleth will compare to Robin and Corrin.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, XRay said:

How units are ordered in the catalog is based on when a unit is introduced or coded into the game, so I do not think order has a bearing on whether Intelligent Systems will release the base form of a unit or not.

For example, similar to Shigure, Bridal Belonging Sigrun is released into the game before Sigrun, so BB!Sigrun is listed first.

I meant for being eligible for Farfetched.

Spoiler

Cormag seems alright. Though like Conrad, I may not even bother with recruiting him, I've got to really value every slot I use now.

19 minutes ago, Othin said:

This is also what I've been thinking - Marth and Eirika plus Edelgard and one out of Dimitri/Claude.

No avatar units have made it into the top so far, but it may happen eventually as the competition thins out. I'm curious how Byleth will compare to Robin and Corrin.

I know for me, I'm probably going to split my female votes between Azura and Byleth.(F). I really liked her. 
My male votes are for Dimitri, then i spend a few on those whom i'd like an Alt. but i might throw one Eirika's way i do like her. 

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Wow look at that Ross's Atk!!! Gerik's a lot speedier than I thought he would be. Ewan's Atk is also quite high.

I'm okay with Cormag, I don't use Valter and I need Def based lance fliers, so I'm building him straight away. Too bad he has Dull Close, I really want to give Luke Dull Close from someone.

Why not use Subkai?  now that he has a Prf....?

Spoiler

So Ross, a young scrawnyish boy, hits harder than obviously much bulkier/stronger Gerik. Makes a lot of sense, IS... He'll be pretty good with a brave axe build though.

Cormag is basically flying Silas but with a not-crappy Spd stat I see. It's workable. Tanky fliers aren't common anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

13 minutes ago, Etheus said:
  Hide contents

I'm still really disappointed by Cormag. No prf and a really mediocre stat spread. He'd probably do alright with a budget Fury/Desperation build or a Steady Stance 4 build, but he deserved so much better.

His only real redeeming quality is that BST.

Spoiler

What's even more disappointing is that I'm pretty sure Cormag was in the running for this years current farfetched or at least trailing really close behind and this is the treatment he gets.

Valter who was released forever ago still has +1 spd over him and his recoil is debatably a plus for him too since he'll reach desperation and brazen thresholds easily and all Cormag has is +4 res over him.

I don't know what it is with Heroes and screwing over popular males like this. It's a bit infuriating honestly.

10 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:
  Hide contents

What's even more disappointing is that I'm pretty sure Cormag was in the running for this years current farfetched or at least trailing really close behind and this is the treatment he gets.

Valter who was released forever ago still has +1 spd over him and his recoil is debatably a plus for him too since he'll reach desperation and brazen thresholds easily and all Cormag has is +4 res over him.

I don't know what it is with Heroes and screwing over popular males like this. It's a bit infuriating honestly.

Spoiler

Also, possibly unpopular opinion, but his art irks me.

His face too expressive in his attack, special, and damaged arts and almost cartoony in a way that more closely resembles Zoro from One Piece than Fire Emblem. It looks bad to me, and frankly, I think it's one of the worst done facial arts since Lloyd.

Edited by Etheus

@Anacybele Not like it matters for anything in this game, but Gerik's Hero class has a Str cap of 25 compared to Ross's Journeyman class having a Str cap of 30 in the Japanese version (nerfed to 26 for no good reason in the overseas releases).

@Etheus I'm pretty sure his face was always that way. It looks exactly how I remember him. Dark and displeased.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not like it matters for anything in this game, but Gerik's Hero class has a Str cap of 25 compared to Ross's Journeyman class having a Str cap of 30 in the Japanese version (nerfed to 26 for no good reason in the overseas releases).

Huh, that's weird. That nerf even more so. 😕

I gave up on my great big percentages of everyone in FE per game topic because it got too big and unwieldy, and the rise of Seasonal debuts made things too messy.

But, I'm just going to give an update on Magvel representation, leaving out Creature Campaign only characters.:

1. Eirika
  2. Ephraim
  3. Seth
  4. Innes
  5. Tana
  6. Joshua
  7. L'Arachel
  8. Myrrh
  9. Lute
  10. Amelia
  11. Marisa
  12. Gerik
  13. Ewan
  14. Tethys
  15. Ross
  16. Cormag
    1. Halloween Dozla

The total cast of SS is 33 non-CC playables, so 16-17 puts us at exactly half of them being in. The missing half is:

1. Franz
  2. Gilliam
  3. Vanessa
  4. Moulder
  5. Garcia
  6. Neimi
  7. Colm
  8. Artur
  9. Natasha
  10. Forde
  11. Kyle
  12. Saleh
  13. Rennac
  14. Duessel
  15. Knoll
  16. Syrene
    1. Dozla

And, Orson, Selena, Glen, Caellach, Riev, and Formortiis!Lyon are all feasible villains that I'd say have a slim realistic chance of getting in.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

14 minutes ago, Etheus said:

And yep. Cormag's original art still looks way better and more grounded in the face.

The Default art is really good though. It's exactly what I would want and expect.

Is he not allowed to open his mouth or constrict his irises or something?

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Is he not allowed to open his mouth or constrict his irises or something?

Girls are not allowed to fart either, Cordelia's wierd face looks like she really needs let rip a huge one, so I guess it is a fair trade off for being male.

Edited by XRay

19 minutes ago, Etheus said:

It's a matter of mouth proportion primarily. It looks unrealistically large and doesn't fit with the way most other Heroes characters perform similar expressions. Don't be facetious about it.

I'm just trying to figure out what you're seeing that I'm not, and those are literally the only things I can see on his face that are different from his idle art.

Oh god I'm excited. Sacred Stones is still #3 on my top FE's, and Cormag was one of my favorites. He's a little bit more 'sketch' style than I would have liked, but nothing too out of place that I won't merge him up. Also those abs in his damaged art. Excuse my drool.

Ross also looks adorable, and that STR stat, yes. I love that they went in lore with his crazy strong stats like in game. He was my favorite little Berserker that always hit. Haha.

I was hoping Ewan's face would look better, but I hate the sorta lack of a pupil/bug eye look they gave him. Something about it is weird, so I'm gonna have to pass even though he was one of my favs. My colorful Shaman. Haha.

Gerik looks amazing, so hi, hello. Welcome to my team. I hope I pull Ross while going for Gerik. I've always been lacking green users, but with H!L'Archael and now Ross and Gerik, I'm catching up. 

Nice to see f2p dull close now, Cormag got treated much better than Haar in terms of actually having useful fodder. And is a slightly more unique spread than the disgusting flood of f2p lance pegasus we had in recent months.

Ross looks like a beefed up green Donnel, I like his spread a lot. Slightly annoyed how we've been getting so many quality green tank options for AR, like Libra, Bike, Hawkeye, and now Ross. Would be nice to get a beefy f2p red for a change, or even blue to replace Donnel with a higher bst unit.

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Tethys has Ninian-tier attack.

If she is built as a mage counter, Kitty Paddle fixes that issue. Tethys just needs to stack her Res and maybe Spd as high as possible. Refined Barb Shuriken is a also good alternative for activating Moonbow or Iceberg if Kitty Paddle is too expensive or if more bulk is necessary.

Spoiler

Tethys: Oh god, you come with THAT attack stat in Gen 3...?
Well... yeah she's a dancer, but come on we have dancers with much higher Atk than that.

Gerik: He looks like a very middle-of-the-road axe user, not having any single specialty but not having any single detriment either (besides his Res).
Real good HP though, in fact if you gave him a different, refinable axe, he'd have a number of Sudden Panic triggers under his belt.

Ewan: Wow, he really reminds me of Lugh...
Nothing impressive here, other Red Tomes have far better stats and Prfs.

Dynastic Duo: You'd think Lyon would back up Ephraim's Res a little more... not like he needed the Spd.
Well, it's about what I was expecting out of EphLyon.

Ross: Huh, came out a little better than I was expecting. Certainly didn't expect the Atk Superasset.
His skills are Brave Axe+, Smite, Fire Boost, and Threaten Def, with Fire Boost as his 4* skill... that's cute I guess. Least a crummy skill isn't locked to freaking Luke anymore, and at least his HP means he can run it pretty well regardless of opinions... until he sees just what kind of enemies are in Abyssal...

Cormag: Pretty middle of the road-looking, but then he still looks good for a Grail unit.
Slaying Lance+, Ignis, Dull Close, and Def Opening... interesting base kit there.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I gave up on my great big percentages of everyone in FE per game topic because it got too big and unwieldy, and the rise of Seasonal debuts made things too messy.

But, I'm just going to give an update on Magvel representation, leaving out Creature Campaign only characters.:

1. Eirika
  2. Ephraim
  3. Seth
  4. Innes
  5. Tana
  6. Joshua
  7. L'Arachel
  8. Myrrh
  9. Lute
  10. Amelia
  11. Marisa
  12. Gerik
  13. Ewan
  14. Tethys
  15. Ross
  16. Cormag
    1. Halloween Dozla

The total cast of SS is 33 non-CC playables, so 16-17 puts us at exactly half of them being in. The missing half is:

1. Franz
  2. Gilliam
  3. Vanessa
  4. Moulder
  5. Garcia
  6. Neimi
  7. Colm
  8. Artur
  9. Natasha
  10. Forde
  11. Kyle
  12. Saleh
  13. Rennac
  14. Duessel
  15. Knoll
  16. Syrene
    1. Dozla

And, Orson, Selena, Glen, Caellach, Riev, and Formortiis!Lyon are all feasible villains that I'd say have a slim realistic chance of getting in.

Is the rate at which heroes are being added good, satisfactory or bad? 

I was listening to a video of the new heroes voices and a comment said that Jennifer Losi's, the English voice for Tethys, first Fire Emblem game was Sacred Stones which she tweeted out. So, I went and check and yeah. This is so sweet.

If I recall correctly, Christian La Monte is also a fan of Fire Emblem and there is also a seiyuu who is a fan of Fire Emblem.

Edit: Christian La Monte was a fan since Blazing Blade and it was Koyasu Takehito, the seiyuu for Lewyn, where apparently Genealogy of the Holy War was his favorite Fire Emblem. Apparently Rachelle Heger, Leanne's English voice, likes Fire Emblem too.

Edited by Kaden