Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

It might come out of nowhere, but for some reason I could imagine Melia becoming the next playable Xenoblade character in Smash. I mean she's from the same game as Shulk, but she got tons of spotlight in Xenoblade's remake and I can imagine more people would like to see a female character as newcomer and I think she's more beloved than Rex since some people consider him as kinda boring.

I think Rex has a better chance specifically because Pyra/Mythra would be with him, and that is all, really.

And Melia is pretty boring as well, TBH.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

56 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

I had an used copy of VI Dragon Quest which I played for one hour and then gave back to Gamestop. Copies of the DS games were quite common, but I'm talking from four years ago.

This game is expensive and very rare now, at least in the USA, I don't know the particulars for other countries.
So, you should have given this game to me instead.

Edited by Caster

28 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I think Rex has a better chance specifically because Pyra/Mythra would be with him, and that is all, really.

And Melia is pretty boring as well, TBH.

I have no issues with both (as with no single playable character in Xenoblade 1 and 2). Melia's introduction was already interesting. Future Connected also helped a lot in her characterization.

30 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I wouldn't know. I only really started paying attention to the series last year (I was running out of Final Fantasy games to marathon so I wanted a different RPG for when the scar-tissue on my hand acts up, and the Hero just made it into Smash Bros, then I found a copy of IX and figured "why not?").

I checked out, as expected isn't available anymore.

I came to this series by someone's praise. None of the parts could really impress me, mainly because the main protagonist is lacking on characterization and the battle system has not anything really interesting to offer for me. I have XI for PS4 (because 16 € is a reasonable price for a pretty recent game) but it has low priority in my backlog list for now.

54 minutes ago, Ika Musume said:

And hey @Falcom Knight Nice pfp!

Thanks!

So there's a chance to make you play Trails to Zero and Trails of Azure?

Done with the second dungeon in Persona 5 Royal.

Third Eye is so confusing if you can't change the camera's angle. There are multiple ways to jump to, but you can't see them due to the bad camera angle. These jump and hook parts are definitely the worst part of the dungeons. This automatically explains my detest to 3D platformers. I like the design of the dungeons for sure since it's the first Persona game which offers puzzles, but the execution could be definitely better. Third Eye is awkward to use for me.

Edited by Falcom Knight

Actually I bought Dragon Quest VI twice at GameStop (for 15-20 €) because I still didn't give my hopes left still to get into this, but it was in vain. But it was about 4-5 years ago, so it was not evident for me this game would gain that much value.

To be fair GameStop doesn't know about the game's value anyways. That's how I got an used copy of both Tellius games for 30 € each.

Edited by Falcom Knight

16 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

I have no issues with both (as with no single playable character in Xenoblade 1 and 2). Melia's introduction was already interesting. Future Connected also helped a lot in her characterization.

I personally don't feel much changed but it's hard for me to look at the original story, which was amazing, then look at FC, which wasn't quite as interesting. There was a lack of any seriously hype points in the story, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Apparently, they're making a remake for Fate/Extra. It looks pretty good so far, to be honest.

UBW hype

I hope the story is improved or more interesting than the Original and it's not just a straight up remake.

I would have much preferred an Fate Extra CCC remake if that was the case.

When I read Tio in Sky FC for the first time

Spoiler

I instantly thought on Tio from Crossbell.

40 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I personally don't feel much changed but it's hard for me to look at the original story, which was amazing, then look at FC, which wasn't quite as interesting. There was a lack of any seriously hype points in the story, in my opinion.

For a less then 10 hours game it offered more than some 30-40 hours JRPG I have played.

All the characters had a great characterization imo, and it was the proof that a RPG in this length can be great too.

I find Melia grew up a lot by her interactions with Gael'ghar.

I think Sky FC is the only Trails game I never would like to replay mainly because of the low ressources in terms of party member size and artes. The first half was a mess for me. These Jaeger fights were the worst in the entire series for me. Late game was fine and fun (aside final boss), but I don't want to redo early and mid game again.

I'm having fun, currently.
That passive aggressive comment when you interact with an already opened treasure chest made me laugh.
"This chest is empty... because of you. Nice work, hero."

I can almost feel the air quotes around the word 'hero'.

Edited by DragonFlames

6 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

I think Sky FC is the only Trails game I never would like to replay mainly because of the low ressources in terms of party member size and artes. The first half was a mess for me. These Jaeger fights were the worst in the entire series for me. Late game was fine and fun (aside final boss), but I don't want to redo early and mid game again.

2 words: Chaos Brand

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm having fun, currently.
That passive aggressive comment when you interact with an already opened treasure chest made me laugh.
"This chest is empty... because of you. Nice work, hero."

I can almost feel the air quotes around the word 'hero'.

Ayy chest qoutes 😄

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

2 words: Chaos Brand

😄

But what does it bring when the Jaegers attack first and use Shadow Strike to wipe out my party without giving me a single turn?

This was the typical fight against them because they were so fricking fast.

@Shrimperor how did you enjoy the character interactions on the Fallen Arm? And on that note, how do you like the Fallen Arm in general?

Oh and speaking on the Fallen Arm, i know you're being kinda completionist with the quests but i just wanna let you know that once you get the area to a two star ranking, you'll be able to do the Protect the Village -> Stop the Mechon Rampage questline, of which the completion of them will grant you acess to Monado Armor, Shulk's best Monado Art and actually just the best Art in the game.

5 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

It might come out of nowhere, but for some reason I could imagine Melia becoming the next playable Xenoblade character in Smash. I mean she's from the same game as Shulk, but she got tons of spotlight in Xenoblade's remake and I can imagine more people would like to see a female character as newcomer and I think she's more beloved than Rex since some people consider him as kinda boring.

I could see that but i personally wouldn't want a potential second Xenoblade rep to be another character from Xenoblade 1. Xenoblade is already represented pretty shitty in Smash (there's not a single Xenoblade X song) so i feel like another Xenoblade 1 character wouldn't do the series any favors.

At this point though, i'm just hoping there's any Xeno rep on the way. Could be Elma, Rex, KOS-MOS, hell, even Fei if Square Enix decides to not be stingy.

31 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

For a less then 10 hours game it offered more than some 30-40 hours JRPG I have played.

All the characters had a great characterization imo, and it was the proof that a RPG in this length can be great too.

I find Melia grew up a lot by her interactions with Gael'ghar.

Gael'ghar aside, i can agree with this statement. While i'll admit, the devs did kinda overhype Future Connected, i really do like the character writing. It is most evident in the characters of Nene and Kino. Like their father, Riki, neither of them has an actual stake in the plot and they just tagged along but those Quiet Moments really helped flesh them out as characters. Monolith Soft crafted a lot of characterziation for two irrelevant Nopon in a 7-10 hour campaign, i'm honestly kinda impressed.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Do other treasure chests have quotes like this, too?
Neat!

Indeed. All across the Sky Trilogy. 

But the treasure chest quotes are an Xseed localization thing only. You won't find them in the Crossbell games should you decide to play them and you can't even interact with chests in Cold Steel after you've opened them (though the trial chests in CS2 had treasure chest quotes).

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Do other treasure chests have quotes like this, too?
Neat!

Every chest in the trilogy does 😄

2 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

But what does it bring when the Jaegers attack first and use Shadow Strike to wipe out my party without giving me a single turn?

This was the typical fight against them because they were so fricking fast.

Huh

I never really had that much trouble with them

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

how did you enjoy the character interactions on the Fallen Arm?

They were quite cool (and much needed)

Didn't finish arm yet though, just arrived at the village

Also

Sharla, looking at Shulk's head: "wait, it's all Fiora?"

Dundun, pointing gun: always has been

XD