• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I hope tomorrow things go straight to dealing with the fact the contract ends. I'd so not look forward to stay standing all day long one more time...

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

The Emperor herself agrees

These animes are running out of ideas for cute waifu sounds. What's next? Uwu?

Also, 0:21 has to be the strangest chiropractic session ever.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For starters, what do you mean, his motivation is "lame"?

It's lame because it's simply told to us. At the last second. Fire Emblem and Kaga have always had a problem with doing "show, not tell" and TRS is no different but i'll get into that later. Gwen Nachos tells us his motivation but we never really get to see it. Nergal's motivations being locked behind obscure requirements is bad, yes, but at least you're given flashbacks to what happened.

I don't mind using "i lost my girlfriend" as a source of bad guy motivation, it can be done well, but you really have to show us this. Otherwise, there'd just be no weight to it.

After this, unlike Nergal who just... sort of forgot himself in his search for power

Which honestly makes me more invested in Nergal ngl. At least when comparing the two. Nergal simply wanted to see his children again but he got so drunk on the dark kool-aid that he forgot. That's kinda tragic.

Also, Guenchaos is far more effective than Nergal is. Take Eisenbach, for instance. You take one look at him and go "hello Gotoh." Except, nope - Guenchaos arrives and, without wasting time, murders the shit out of him, then has his troops ravage what remains of the clergy.

I wish we actually saw the extent of Eisenbach's power. We're told he's "very powerful" but we never see it so when Gwen Nachos offs him, it's just......ok. Blazing Blade did good by having Athos display his full might.

Also, I like how you complain that Guenchaos immobilizes his enemies because he "probably thinks he'll lose otherwise."

This is just me poking fun.

In fact, until Richard betrays her near the end of the game, he couldn't put his hands on her.

Hey uhhhhhhhhhhhh, is there a requirement to view this scene. Cause i deadass didn't see it. Did it require Zeig being alive?

Speaking of tho, i'll probably talk about this later to have more room but Tia should've been the third Lord. She's still playable on the final map, so making her the third Lord wouldn't have been that hard.

Nergal had literally everything he needed before the start of the game. He had the twins, and he had Elbert's quintessence.

The twins were on the run, Elbert was captured in the one year between Lyn's story and Eliwood's story.

Also he needed enough quintessence to not only open the gate but control the dragons, because Nergal knew without that last part, he too would be reduced to ash. That's why he was sowing conflict everywhere. So yeah, there's your answer as to why he just didn't do it from the start.

Finally, I think it's all right that Guenchaos doesn't interact with the heroes.

I disagree. I think one of the most important things of writing an effective villain is to have them interact with the heroes at least once, in some way. I say at least once because it all depends on the story being told.

Also keep in mind for this specific part, i'm separating "effective villain" from "good villain". Cause like, i think Ashnard sucks, but he still interacts with the heroes, even if it's on the final chapter.

You get what i'm trying to say here.

Palpatine was powermad, but he always thought four steps ahead

Palpatine's plans are literally based on chance and circumstance and don't actually make sense when you think about them.

Okay, this is just ridiculous and objectively wrong. Why must you say things like this, Armagon? Why?

Because i really can't see how Gwen Nachos works. He has no presence, his motivation is peak "tell, not show". He's just not good.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

The nations' conflict is made less interesting by being tied to Gwenchaos's plan and Gerxel's cult.

THIS!

I talked about it in my review but the kingdom vs empire plot was far, far more interesting than cult shit and even then, the empire only started the war because of the cult's influence.

I think out of all the Fire Emblems, TRS suffers the most by having evil cult being thrown into it.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

To be honest, tRoS made me compare the Lopt Sect favourably to the Sith. It was a mistake.

Oh when i made the comparison, i was talking about the Sith themselves, not that branch cult that was in TROS. Even with "Rule of Two", the Sith count as a cult.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

but I think some of it is the story of the first half of the game's not at the front of your mind.

Yeah, the game got more interesting towards the end of the first route split for me.

I mean, the whole Wellt arc is basically just a prologue in the same way that Lyn's story is.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nergal dare I say isn't a person any more, he is a force of nature, an illness, an insane beast. That makes it harder to like him.

Well......if the character is a force of nature, i'd actually argue it's easier to like them. It's a lot easier to pull off a force of nature antagonist than a human antagonist.

Case in point:

6950775-godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-ki

(Ok maybe this isn't exactly the best comparison but you get what i'm trying to say).

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Of course, that'd fit TRS's darker tone far more.

I don't know if the difference in tone between TRS and Blazing Blade was that big tbh. TRS has some darker stuff but apart from the sacrifices, we never really get to see it.

You know, I honestly wish Ninian had stayed dead. The TRS shamans, too. They were all deus ex machina'd back to life, but it would've made for such an interesting bittersweet ending if they remained dead.

Hey look, it's time for me to disagree with you again.

He absolutely is an evil, selfish prick.

I will give Gwen Nachos this: I have to respect when the shamans were calling him out and his response to all of them was "i literally do not care". 

That's it, that's the only point he gets.

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

You are REALLY channeling your boomer today, heh.

Hey, I didn't even mean it in a bad way. Just, I mean, c'mon, what kind of sound even is "umu"?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's lame

I will reply to you in detail later, because now I cannot.

Just know that I hate you, how dare you disagree with my perfect opinions, also your waifus are trash and Three Houses killed my parents.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This reminded me. Apparently back in Thursday the local theatre had like three Fate movies in its listing.

The whole Heaven's Feel Trilogy?

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The whole Heaven's Feel Trilogy?

I think it was. I'm looking it up right now and yeah, theaters had a promo showing the entire trilogy as one feature back in Thursday.

Not the first time they do something like this. I remember a couple years back they also aired Ghibli movies one per weekend. Anime movies tend to pop up at theaters here from time to time when they're not new releases.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Fuck, i know who i should've used for my "why forces of nature villains are good" part

latest.png?width=611&height=432

I used King Ghidorah as the example out of Kaiju bias but Grima also fits that bill and he actually talks.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Just know that I hate you, how dare you disagree with my perfect opinions, also your waifus are trash and Three Houses killed my parents.

The absolute state of our discussions, summarized with one simple gif

c46.gif

This is just us at the other.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think it was. I'm looking it up right now and yeah, theaters had a promo showing the entire trilogy as one feature back in Thursday.

Not the first time they do something like this. I remember a couple years back they also aired Ghibli movies one per weekend. Anime movies tend to pop up at theaters here from time to time when they're not new releases.

Man, i would've liked to see that with alot of peeps. If only it wasn't Corona....

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of tho, i'll probably talk about this later to have more room but Tia should've been the third Lord. She's still playable on the final map, so making her the third Lord wouldn't have been that hard.

And Sennet as a fourth! The game definitely bit off too much narrative. Yet, in the end, you still get to see Sennet say goodbye to his adopted mother and other stuff. It's undeserved, because we don't see his journey save for a few snippets.

Canaan seems pretty interesting overall, Sennet would provide more of that.

Plus, Tia's adventure is inextricably linked to Sennet's, so it's a package deal.

Also keep in mind for this specific part, i'm separating "effective villain" from "good villain". Cause like, i think Ashnard sucks, but he still interacts with the heroes, even if it's on the final chapter.

Not defending Ashnard as a good villain. But if he had the chance to participate in more active villainy, I can see him having a lot of fun with it.😁 And that for some reason elevates him from being the worst villain ever. If you're gonna be evil and do it poorly, don't worry and be happy about it.😄

Ashnard dreams sweet sweet dreams he was in an SMT, Lucifer would appoint him as a leading general of Chaos in a heartbeat.

Hey uhhhhhhhhhhhh, is there a requirement to view this scene. Cause i deadass didn't see it. Did it require Zeig being alive?

What? You didn't see Richard hand Tia over to Gwenchaos? I think it happens at the end of Chapter 38.

Basically, Richard really wanted to be King of Leda, and was heartbroken when Tia didn't immediately reciprocate his public confession of love. She didn't say she didn't love him, she just needed time to think about. He felt utterly humiliated, refused to give and decided to ask Gwenchaos to affirm him as King of Leda instead, handing Tia over to him when they confronted Gwenchaos at the final battle site.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

No, the above.

I just play the damn games...

I think in this case though that the debating is in generally good nature. I don't think this time it's going to turn into a human-pretending-to-be-a-bot arguing ad infinitum against a thousand sane people.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No, the above.

I just play the damn games...

It’s not a heated discussion though. Just regular (actually, joking and in good faith might not be regular, but you get the gist).

Edited by Sooks

If Armagon is Godzilla, do I get to be Mothra? Or Rodan, whatever fits.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fuck, i know who i should've used for my "why forces of nature villains are good" part

latest.png?width=611&height=432

I used King Ghidorah as the example out of Kaiju bias but Grima also fits that bill and he actually talks.

King Ghidorah never dressed as a waifu werewolf for Halloween, so you can’t quite compare him to Grima yet.

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

k86dtXa.png

Based.

This is double funny because Rubeino likes beards and Kong has a beard in this new movie.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And Sennet as a fourth! The game definitely bit off too much narrative. Yet, in the end, you still get to see Sennet say goodbye to his adopted mother and other stuff. It's undeserved, because we don't see his journey save for a few snippets.

Canaan seems pretty interesting overall, Sennet would provide more of that.

Plus, Tia's adventure is inextricably linked to Sennet's, so it's a package deal.

I can see something like this working and I want it. Cause as it stands right now, Tia doesn't get a whole lot and Sennet and Neyfa only exist because four is the magic number and you needed four magic swords and four shamans.

Giving these guys a greater focuses would've been beneficial for everyone.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What? You didn't see Richard hand Tia over to Gwenchaos? I think it happens at the end of Chapter 38.

I warp skipped that chapter by putting Holmes at the exist and one-rounding the boss with a Brave Crossbow.

Maybe it was scripted to happen at some point during the chapter but I can say I never saw that scene. I don't remember hitting skip either.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

think in this case though that the debating is in generally good nature.

Yeah, we're literally just memeing.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

If Armagon is Godzilla, do I get to be Mothra? Or Rodan, whatever fits.

Well you have the Pyra pfp right now so Rodan is more fitting because fire.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

King Ghidorah never dressed as a waifu werewolf for Halloween, so you can’t quite compare him to Grima yet.

I'm sure that can be arranged.

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Based.

This is double funny because Rubeino likes beards and Kong has a beard in this new movie.

I picked that one because I knew you’re a kaiju fan and from you that the new one will be Godzilla v Kong (I think that’s promotional material for the new one?). I gave you Godzilla because he’s sorta the kaiju and Kong just seemed more fitting for a boomer at heart, idk why.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I picked that one because I knew you’re a kaiju fan and from you that the new one will be Godzilla v Kong (I think that’s promotional material for the new one?). I gave you Godzilla because he’s sorta the kaiju and Kong just seemed more fitting for a boomer at heart, idk why.

Well the original King Kong movie does predate the original Godzilla movie by 21 years so yeah, I guess that's fitting.

You should watch both btw. Really fascinating how they pulled it off in the era of rudimentary cinema.