• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

My eyes are starting to feel strained, 30 is catching up to me. I might need a day or two's break sooner than expected. The last Sakura Wars recruitment mission has appeared, but where is she, that excellent reason to take a break?

The Majestic Prince stuff which is currently in the forefront (Akurasu says this is its SRW debut, makes sense for it to be important)... the red unit looks kinda cool. Resembles XCX's Ganglion mechs somewhat, and the organic look to the Walgaru mechs and ships is vaguely reminding me of the Ghosts that still need an explainin'. However, the Majestic Prince BGM is rather lacking (GaoGaiGo's is probably the worst so far though). And the Majestic Prince characters... very cliche, almost painfully so, the kiddos aren't exactly leaving a good impression on me. At least they seemingly have a measure of self-awareness of anime-mecha meta?

@Acacia Sgt Do you know what counts towards triggering the next "EMERGENCY! Must do story mission now!"? Would DLC battles contribute to the countdown? I can tell Relic battles do (not that I need any additional fancy parts ATM, so I can put them off for now). Do the Front repeatable fights take time off the clock? Onboard chats don't b/c I was able to do one with the emergency blaring, but virtual battles with a character development aspect to them?

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sigh. Today is Father's Day over here, but one of his coworkers tested positive for COVID and a couple others had flu-like symptoms. He's fine... so far. So yeah, plans have been moved to next Sunday... if things hold up. Aw man...

It happens, American Thanksgiving was awkward for me last year b/c two in the household, including myself, were confined to bedrooms with the 'vid. I wish you and your family the best.

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

Had a fair bit of melancholy yesterday over an outburst I had at the party we threw and the long day I'd had before it, wasn't too enthused else I might have engaged more over the last two days.

You know I can offer some sympathies.🙂

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Do you know what counts towards triggering the next "EMERGENCY! Must do story mission now!"? Would DLC battles contribute to the countdown? I can tell Relic battles do (not that I need any additional fancy parts ATM, so I can put them off for now). Do the Front repeatable fights take time off the clock? Onboard chats don't b/c I was able to do one with the emergency blaring, but virtual battles with a character development aspect to them?

What counts is Area Missions. Onboard Missions don't.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Happy Juneteenth.

Frick, I can't believe I forgot that it was today...

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

I hope your parents and everyone else headed to that funeral are doing okay and are able to pull through. And everyone who knew the person who passed, really. That’s never easy.

I think they're doing OK- It'll be harder for my Avi, since the chap who passed away had known him for nearly 60 years. He really did live a full life, though.

Thank you for the condolences, though.

Xenoblade 2 major spoiler moment that nicely leads in to Xenoblade 3 thematically

Spoiler

je24lzkdls591.jpg?width=233&height=431

...You know, i did not realize this was an image for ants, this looks bigger on my phone. Zoom in on an alt tab.

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

DLC1 has the Sakura Wars crew, $12.49 for it purchased alone. The Season Pass has it with Season 2 included for $25, so no discount, which means it's probably not worth it for you specifically given the contents of DLC2.

I might get DLC 2 because that has the OGverse characters and i could be introduced to them.

Being introduced via crossovers is nothing new at this point.

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The game does include one free teaser mission each for the Season Pass and the Expansion Pack. Nothing more than a few easy turns where you get to control a small handful of the DLC characters (not all of them) with truncated attack lists.

Good to know. I'll probably buy the DLC once i'm a little ways in.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

When I first glanced at the image I thought it was two women, what a fool me.

Oh so i'm not the only one who saw that.

3 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

What if Gust involvement is in the music?

YES YES YES YES

Oh that's just an easy win for best OST in the series at that point.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Can’t wait for the game where you play as toothpaste to have the best OST of 2023.

Toothpaste-chan fighting the evil cavity dragon final boss while something like this plays in the background

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Mute in settings + skip button (+other video game music you like)

Actually Gust just adds Change BGM so you can change it to other songs yourself if you really wish.

Edited by Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Actually Gust just adds Change BGM so you can change it to other songs yourself if you really wish.

Atelier OST as DLC?

Would probably buy tbh

plays in the background

daymmmmmmmm

Edited by Shrimpolaris

Just 100%'d world 2 of Kirbo

Ya know, gotta say, this game reminds me alot of Yoshi's Island more than anything

• Super Long levels
  • Generally easy
  • Hard extras and pain in the butt hidden stuff

If Yoshi's Island ever got 3D, Kirbo and post climate change earth is how i imagine it would be.

I...just wish side quests weren't hidden before first try lol. Some are Kaga level obsocure

"Don't jump in water during fight"

gee thanks now i will have to replay whole level for that bit

10/10 level design tho

Edited by Shrimpolaris

23 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Atelier OST as DLC?

Would probably buy tbh

Well I was thinking just previous Fire Emblem OSTs but you know what, that works too.

24 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

daymmmmmmmm

It is the only Sophie 1 song I actually like (besides the Not Poppiswap song).

20 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I...just wish side quests weren't hidden before first try lol. Some are Kaga level obsocure

"Don't jump in water during fight"

gee thanks now i will have to replay whole level for that bit

Really wish there was a quick retry option. One particular quest had me raging because of how tight it was.

Toothpaste-chan fighting the evil cavity dragon final boss

-Only after the protagonist is convinced to not to lay down their life, which they had intended to do to reseal the plaque-laden menace via use of the ancient sealing magic that has banished the dragon for the past 4000 years called "The Root Canal". Instead, the protagonist encouraged to fight on and take the hard way forward, which means they must undergo the forbidden Trial of the Orthodontist, at the end of which they acquire the legendary drill.

Given my past dental record, I'm getting squeamish just writing this extended joke.😬

I might get DLC 2 because that has the OGverse characters and i could be introduced to them.

Being introduced via crossovers is nothing new at this point.

You'll be getting a few old OGverse characters regardless of whether or not you buy the DLC, several were added to SRW30 for free. DLC 1 adds one additional unit, DLC 2 adds two, and the Expansion Pack adds the last one- Sanger.

DLC2's OG duo would be... interesting for you. Somehow familiar, yet you haven't ever seen them before.

A few other notes on the SRW 30 OG inclusions.

• With the exception of the two-three mobile game characters (which are way too new to end up in the OGverse yet), and one person who is using a new version of their Classicverse (Famicom-Super Famicom-Early PS1) appearance, all the OGverse persons use the exact same portraits I saw back in PS2 OGs.
  • They've also recycled the same OGverse renditions of their personal/mech themes, which makes sense since those versions have reused in the OG games since 2007.
  • Some of the in-battle quips are identical (if translated a little differently b/c translation has some harmless fuzziness) to OGverse as well.
  • The voice actors are the same too (with one possible exception, they have yet to join me so IDK, but their VA died in the past decade, and a new one has been hired since).
  • The brief bio pages of the robots are also practically identical with a touch of trimming, although the spritework and animations are not borrowed from the OG games.

Lastly, it is worth mentioning that none of the OG characters are their specific OGverse selves. Banpresto chose to extract them from the dimensions of mainline SRW universes (Classicverse, Alphaverse, and Compact 2/Impact to be precise), which means they're already have some familiarity with Gundams and Mazingers and whatnot. -Although the personalities and backstories of everyone are practically the same, not that you'd be getting to see much of this from any of them in 30.

Okay, did more Winterhold stuff as I'm advancing through the College questline. Though I'm at the point I need to leave the hold to continue it, so basically post Saarthal. Well, it's on hold (ha ha) for now then.

Also, something I forgot to comment the other day. Had a dragon attack just as I left the Blue Palace... fortunately it was in the middle of the night and I kept it close to the palace itself. Suffice to say, there's now a dragon skeleton decorating the courtyard, pft.

Well, my first acting class/camp/thing in a WHILE is tomorrow. I keep alternating between nervous and excited, which I suppose is one benefit of me being in a weird video games mood, since if I had more stuff to do here I would definitely be less excited, and therefore more nervous.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Frick, I can't believe I forgot that it was today...

I mean, isn’t it just an American holiday? That’s understandable.

iirc Canada has a similar equivalent holiday, but I have no idea when that is, so… I’d figure it’s common.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Toothpaste-chan fighting the evil cavity dragon final boss while something like this plays in the background

“I’ve finally found it. The toothbrush approved by 10/10 dentists. And with this sacred weapon… I will defeat you!”

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well that’s neat.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

iirc Canada has a similar equivalent holiday, but I have no idea when that is, so… I’d figure it’s common.

I... Don't think we do? We have Orange Shirt Day, I suppose, but it's not quite equivalent.

Zoinks, how'd the time run away from me for the WYBO entry so fast? I really need to shake a tail...

47 minutes ago, Benice said:

I... Don't think we do? We have Orange Shirt Day, I suppose, but it's not quite equivalent.

I mean, according to a quick Google search, there is an Emancipation Day celebrated on August 1st, which is similar in nature.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I mean, according to a quick Google search, there is an Emancipation Day celebrated on August 1st, which is similar in nature.

Huh.

I probably should have known that.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Zoinks, how'd the time run away from me for the WYBO entry so fast? I really need to shake a tail...

Really? They last much longer now, feels the opposite for me, hahaha.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Really? They last much longer now, feels the opposite for me, hahaha.

Listen, spending 20 days trying to get the opening line just right is a perfectly valid thing to do!

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Listen, spending 20 days trying to get the opening line just right is a perfectly valid thing to do!

You writing the story:

Well, I'm off to bed. Tomorrow, my first day at my new work. Will certainly not be back here until quite a while tomorrow. Hopefully things do go fine...

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I'm off to bed. Tomorrow, my first day at my new work. Will certainly not be back here until quite a while tomorrow. Hopefully things do go fine...

I hope things go well too! Good luck!

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

DLC 1 adds one additional unit, DLC 2 adds two, and the Expansion Pack adds the last one- Sanger

Wait so there's two DLC packs and also a separate expansion pack?

Monopon stopped posting, a trailer is imminent. Possible Direct this week perhaps?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Toothpaste time.

The leaks did say it's supposed to release late 2022. And given that there's nothing after Splatoon 3 until November with Pokemon, it's possible. I mean look how close to launch Nintendo unveiled Xenoblade 3, it's plausible that FE17 gets unveiled and released only a few months later.