• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh yeah, @Saint Rubenio, did you see that Franp is back? That was reallee a blast from the past.

I noticed, yeah. One of my very first readers. Time really does fly, doesn't it? Back then I had only played four FEs.

OH MY GOD WHAT ARE SIGURD'S GROWTHS

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Then where would a game in need of presentation improvements fall? Because I can think of one where updating the 3D models wouldn't be quite enough for me, where the bones of the story scenes are fine (although more detail and such would always be appreciated), and it's adding modern vibrancy to those scenes which I yearn for.

Part of it depends on how far you go, if you're messing with the UI I could see it easily staying as remaster but stuff like camera angles and model editing becomes a more grey area.

I can see why it becomes confusing.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They are actually really good; some of the better ones, I think. (He also gets exp as much as any other lv. 1 unit despite the fact that he's already promoted.)

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Then where would a game in need of presentation improvements fall? Because I can think of one where updating the 3D models wouldn't be quite enough for me, where the bones of the story scenes are fine (although more detail and such would always be appreciated), and it's adding modern vibrancy to those scenes which I yearn for.

Fair question. It's a complicated topic, to say the least.

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

They are actually really good; some of the better ones, I think. (He also gets exp as much as any other lv. 1 unit despite the fact that he's already promoted.)

He got 2 HP

This shouldn't be legal

Ah, but no matter. I'm sure feeding DiMaggio to Arden is a far better investment. I mean, Sigurd is a prepromote, and prepromotes are EXP thieves!

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh my God Sigurd's almost dead I was told this couldn't happen please help--

He isn't entirely invincible contrary to the reputation, just very strong. I get how that could've almost killed him for you.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Add all his growths together, and you get 330. Which is the highest in Gen 1. 5 more than Roy for comparison. Although, 110 of those points are in HP for Sigurd.

Sigurd's Str is tied for the highest in Gen 1, Skl is a good 3rd highest, Def is tied for 2nd highest, 5% Mag & Res are low but very typical of physical units. His Spd is average and thats about his only fault compared to others in Gen 1.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Part of it depends on how far you go, if you're messing with the UI I could see it easily staying as remaster but stuff like camera angles and model editing becomes a more grey area.

The major addition I mostly want is more movement, more drama of fluid motion. Stiffness doesn't do stories justice in their high moments -well, if the game is already in 3D that is- which it is in this case.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, but no matter. I'm sure feeding DiMaggio to Arden is a far better investment. I mean, Sigurd is a prepromote, and prepromotes are EXP thieves!

Don't forget to use Dew, Raquesis, and Midir!

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Is Lachesis considered bad? I used her anyway if she is.

If you get her to Master Knight promotion, she can function, but getting her there without knowing the games mechanics can be difficult.

master knight has a beefy promotion which averages around +7's? Gained and a bit lower for mag and res.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

He isn't entirely invincible contrary to the reputation, just very strong. I get how that could've almost killed him for you.

No kiddin', I tossed him at the entire Verdanite army and he damn near got killed in turn 1 from low hitrates.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Don't forget to use Dew, Raquesis, and Midir!

Arden takes priority over all. Beyond that, we'll see.

Also, Raquesis makes me think of Raqueta, which is Spanish for "tennis racket." So yeah. Just a thing.

Also also, for the longest time I've associated Aideen's face with Lachesis. I have no idea why, I just did. Probably because Laquesis looks extremely generic.

Oh! It's him! The man himself! The myth, the legend! I love how from minute 1 you can tell something's up with him because his theme is the most ominous composition known to man. Like, seriously. If that one generic ukelele song that corporations love using in their gushy ads played when he arrived he'd be a lot better off.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Is Lachesis considered bad? I used her anyway if she is.

I dont think she's considered bad, but she is fun. Especially if you're Eldigan.

SF LET ME QUOTE MORE THAN ONE THING PER POST DANGIT

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, Raquesis makes me think of Raqueta, which is Spanish for "tennis racket." So yeah. Just a thing.

Maybe that'swhy they changed her name to Lachesis. 

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also also, for the longest time I've associated Aideen's face with Lachesis. I have no idea why, I just did. Probably because Laquesis looks extremely generic.

DO AIDEEN X AZELLE

DO IT FOR MY BOY THE OUTCLASSED MAGE