Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Zap Arc 2: Electric Boogaloo

Featuring Alfred's giant blue balls

Okay no, but seriously, does anyone know if that attack ever runs out? The man goes super saiyan and I become a snail, it's ridiculous. At one point, after getting hit, I tried waiting it out and see if it ever ended... But it didn't.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Featuring Alfred's giant blue balls

Zap Arc Gaiden: Lewds of Teehee

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

seriously, does anyone know if that attack ever runs out? The man goes super saiyan and I become a snail, it's ridiculous. At one point, after getting hit, I tried waiting it out and see if it ever ended... But it didn't.

Honestly i slightly remember tanking my way through, but not sure

♪ ¡Únanse al baile,
De los que sobran!
Nadie nos va a echar de más.
Nadie nos quiso ayudar de verdad. 

♪ ¡Hey!, conozco los cuentos,
Sobre el futuro.
¡Hey!, el tiempo en que los aprendí,
Fue más seguro. 

---

Yo, what's happening, people.

Rapido, hay que aprovechar que no hay nadie. ¡Que venga mas música ochentera!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

@Sooks and @Saint Rubenio, I summon you! Which edition of Banner Saga is better: Deluxe or Stoic? Are the legendary items, title and ebook worth it?

53 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yo, what's happening, people.

It's actually a cool song.

7 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

@Sooks and @Saint Rubenio, I summon you!

I am summoned.

Which edition of Banner Saga is better: Deluxe or Stoic? Are the legendary items, title and ebook worth it?

I believe I got the Stoic edition. The differences are minimal.

It's actually a cool song.

I have nothing to add, but Serenes on mobile is wonky so I can't remove this part.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I have nothing to add, but Serenes on mobile is wonky so I can't remove this part.

Nothing to say about 80's music, huh. Too early of your time? XD

Weird as in, I listen to videogame music and nothing else. No great arguments, just... Regular music has something that I just can't get into, for some reason. I've tried listening to some, and the closest thing I ever found was Dragonforce.

52 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

@Sooks and @Saint Rubenio, I summon you!

I’m here 52 minutes late! Truly the best pull from the gacha of life.

52 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Which edition of Banner Saga is better: Deluxe or Stoic? Are the legendary items, title and ebook worth it?

I got the physical trilogy for the ps4, which is labeled bonus edition, and came with an artbook, a mini poster of some of the characters and the sound track on CD (lol). I can’t say anything about the items or title, but I will say I didn’t need them to beat the game. My guess is they would just make the game a bit easier, but there are already quite a few good items and I’m pretty sure every heroic title is good. As far as the ebook, if you want to read it I would just look at some reviews. I don’t know if this is true where you live, but (maybe because of the sale) the deluxe pack is cheaper than buying all three games individually on Steam, so if you really don’t care, I would go with that (unless it’s not cheaper over there, I don’t know if it’s different between currency/region).

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Weird as in, I listen to videogame music and nothing else. No great arguments, just... Regular music has something that I just can't get into, for some reason. I've tried listening to some, and the closest thing I ever found was Dragonforce.

Same.

12 hours ago, Sooks said:

Enjoy! I think Breath of the Wild is pretty good. Never played Fe Warriors since I don’t think musou games are for me.

I have not much Zelda experience aside of Ocarina of Time and A Link Between Worlds since I am not really good at adventure games. Though Breath of the Wild looked gorgeous lots of my friends recommended it who also support me since they know that I am no Zelda pro.

I do not say I am a big fan of hack and slash games, but Nights of Azure 2 was a decent introduction into this genre for me. Persona 5 Strikers was very good actually. FE Warriors should be  appealing as well for representing the FE series.

Just came back from an almost 4 h stream which was pretty disastrous. Wanted to finish all modes of Kirby Superstar, but I could not beat one certain boss in Milkyway Wishes. This stream showed me that playing with a gamepad is not comparable to joycons in any regard. It might be because it is a third party gamepad, but I literally have no feeling with the joystick. I have so many issues to dash, regardless if it's in Kirby or in any other game. I ordered new joycons besides Breath Of The Wild yesterday. They should arrive in the beginning of next week.

Chapter one opens with best boy who isn’t Olivier, talking about plot stuff with another cool character, so that’s a nice start..

Oh wow, @Shrimperor does SC have a route split?

Spoiler

I get to pick to partner with Agate or Schera, but Elnan said they’re both investing different places, so is this a full on route split, or am I just picking who joins?

Gameplay wise, Schera was leagues better than Agate in FC, no question about that. However, iirc you said Agate is much better in SC and Sky the 3rd and physical attacks vs arts is more balanced.

Character wise, I think I slightly prefer Agate, but Schera is Estelle’s mentor… but maybe, since she’s coming into her own, I shouldn’t pick her mentor story wise. Hmm.

Or is the difference not big and is this just a “play style” thing? That’s what the game seems to be implying, and my “play style” definitely matches Schera.

Unrelated but my laptop has an “rpg mode” in the configuration type menu, and I am playing an rpg, so I switched to that out of curiosity, and the game looks gorgeous. Woah.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Chapter one opens with best boy who isn’t Olivier, nice.

Oh wow, @Shrimperor does SC have a route split?

Reveal hidden contents

I get to pick to partner with Agate or Schera, but Elnan said they’re both investing different places, so is this a full on route split, or am I just picking who joins?

Gameplay wise, Schera was leagues better than Agate in FC, no question about that. However, iirc you said Agate is much better in SC and Sky the 3rd and physical attacks vs arts is more balanced.

Character wise, I think I slightly prefer Agate, but Schera is Estelle’s mentor… but maybe, since she’s coming into her own, I shouldn’t pick her mentor story wise. Hmm.

Or is the difference not big and is this just a “play style” thing? That’s what the game seems to be implying, and my “play style” definitely matches Schera.

You didnt ask me, but I think both are actually pretty good in SC. 

Shera has quicken, granting all alloes in range a free turn, while agate has crafts and easier to use in physical strength.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@SooksI went with Agate, and I enjoyed the story and gameplay a lot with him. Up to you though.

But is the story actually different between the two of them? That’s my main question.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

You didnt ask me, but I think both are actually pretty good in SC. 

Shera has quicken, granting all alloes in range a free turn, while agate has crafts and easier to use in physical strength.

Quicken does sound good.

This is a hard decision…

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

i doubt increasing the cost will be what saves them

If anything, they should be lowering prices. Lower prices = more people can buy it.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be honest, the problem with Alfred's slowmo attack is less the slowmo and more that with his gigantic blue balls all up in my face I can't see shit. It's a struggle just to find him, let alone reach him while dodging a bunch of attacks I can hardly see coming. Also, I could swear he becomes faster when he uses that attack.

That and it's big enough that you pretty much have to get hit by it.

Anyways they do go away after a while. But he can summon them again.