Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

22 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Good to know.

Can't say the dungeon themes have been that great so far.

I don't remember Woodfall or Great Bay, and Snowhead's was hardly music at all.

I don’t remember Woodfall’s or Snowhead’s, but I thought Great Bay was nice for setting the atmosphere.

Either way, though, Stone Tower’s is leagues better than all of them

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

nah a magic mom considering i am using a mag corrin

I hope you’re prepared to use Corrin’s wife exclusively as a backpack then…

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

35 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Good to know.

Can't say the dungeon themes have been that great so far.

I don't remember Woodfall or Great Bay, and Snowhead's was hardly music at all.

Wait, MM, right? If so, I agree, the music is... Eh, at best.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Either way, though, Stone Tower’s is leagues better than all of them

284476113315561482.png?v=1

8 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

How appropriate to use a Trails reaction, since they added fishing.

All too fitting, indeed.

-------

I still have a little ways to go before beating the game, but if MM keeps its momentum going, it'll be top 3 under BotW and WW for me, definitely.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Wait, MM, right? If so, I agree, the music is... Eh, at best.

Yeah. Overall the music's hit or miss for me. Some songs are great, like the Deku Palace, Milk Bar, Clock Town, and Astral Observatory. And others are just forgettable or irritating.

I wonder what would happen, if anything, at Lauga’s godstone if Alette is your protagonist and Egil is dead. Sounds depressing, honestly.

21 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah. Overall the music's hit or miss for me. Some songs are great, like the Deku Palace, Milk Bar, Clock Town, and Astral Observatory. And others are just forgettable or irritating.

Did you not listen to the final hours theme for that long? I know you got to it since you finished the couple’s quest.

Or maybe you just did it find it forgettable or didn’t like it, idk.

🤔

The Kid run sounds like too much hassle

and i never completed my reverse Class Run either. Maybe i should complete that first...

when i am back at my own PC because i forgot my save files lol

But it's good to play Conquest again lol

Edited by Shrimperor

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Did you not listen to the final hours theme for that long? I know you got to it since you finished the couple’s quest.

Or maybe you just did it find it forgettable or didn’t like it, idk.

That one is also great. There's more beyond the few I mentioned that I liked. I was just using a few examples.

You know, though it's neat that they incorporate into the story most if not all of the new characters they add, it's a bummer that they still must be pulled for in the gacha. Ah well.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I don’t know if it’s because Alette is my protagonist or because I maintained a successful alliance with Rugga, but Rugga is speaking a lot less passive-aggressively from what I remember in the tent at Arberrang. Hm.

Screenshot_5781.png

Screenshot_5782.png

Screenshot_5784.png

I'm willing to believe the localization intentionally referenced this, given that they've already put in a bunch of references not present in the Japanese version.

Screenshot_5814.png

Screenshot_5815.png

Screenshot_5816.png

Screenshot_5817.png

Screenshot_5818.png

Screenshot_5819.png

RIP Dokurobo. Died doing his best. Gone but never forgotten.

Anyways that's two chapters down, two to go.

....Yeah @Shrimperor remember when you said you wanted to give Project X Zone 2 a try if it didn't have any Radiant Dawn Part 4 bloat? Yeah at this point, if there's any enemy bloat at all, it's gonna be in the last two chapters. And honestly, the way this game works, it'll probably just be a non-issue anyway.

So yeah, put it on the list i guess.

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I think that sums up Zelda music as a whole. Some games have it better than others but the OSTs in the series are a mixed bag.

Thing is tho, the highs of the OSTs are really high. So it makes lackluster half all the more noticable.

Banner Saga spoilers

Spoiler

Yl0WUwM.jpg

Yes Meinolf, this is also how I reacted when I got a character I liked killed.

Now I want to do a play through as Rook where I get Ludin killed because when Alette tries to comfort the king, he gets mad and says “have you ever lost a son?”, or something to the extent of that, and Rook’s daughter dies so there might be some interesting dialogue there. However, when Alette says no, but my dad died the king just slumps his shoulders and is a bit less rude, which they could very easily just apply to Rook’s route, even if they happen to share the loss of a kid.

I’m also interested how Meinolf talks to Alette when Ludin isn’t dead, because when he is she just strolls up in the middle of his anger at Hakon in his grief and he’s like “who in the depths is this!?”, saying nothing about how she’s a girl leading a massive caravan. I mean, he probably doesn’t anyway, but on the off chance he does, I’m curious if he has an opinion on that or if he’s actually a very progressive king for the time period this game is based on.

Edit: Nevermind, Alette being a young girl came up after some more of Meinolf yelling at Hakon (“Did Jorundr’s kendr die while he was a ward of the human kingdom!? No!”- he uses this as part of his excuse to not allow any of the varl into the city). He says “Tell me, girl, why are you leading an entire caravan of humans and horseborn? Why didn’t one of the men take point?” to which I can respond “my name is Alette, King Meinolf”. I really want to. Alternatively, she can confront him on his racism. I have a feeling it’s time for resetting to see every dialogue option’s results.

Of course when she responds to his question with “I’m a sundr slayer”, he just goes “sOmE wOuLd SaY yOuR fAtHeR dId AlL tHe WoRk ThErE tO.” I mean, I wasn’t the biggest Meinolf fan already, but… anyway, now I have to actually decide whether to confront his racism or sexism. I think I prefer “My name is Alette” because the way Alette talks and is described after that makes her seem so… strong, a nice little arc for her considering how she was at the beginning. Plus Meinolf is very grief stricken right now, maybe he doesn’t always blame an entire race for the actions of a few/the decisions of its leaders.

Also Meinolf offering to allow Alette’s caravan in Arberrang makes zero sense in this scenario.

@Saint Rubenio you might want to read this since you never got Ludin killed (or at least, that’s what you implied).

Edited by Sooks

Dang, my next LP update is gonna be late again... I've gotta get better at being industrious at home.

btw @Eltosian Kadath, brief update for DS2, I think I've done basically all available bosses up to my point of the game*, (just beat Mytha and stumbled into the Smelter Demon, who smelted me) and was running the Dragonrider Twinblades + Bleed, but I've mostly switched over to a +10 Flamberge, which I am quite liking. So far...Well, I feel like I've been extremely hard on the game, especially considering that it barely released, but... I'm just not enjoying it that much, despite some great moments. There are some massive improvements over DS1 for sure, though, such as the addition of spell-lowering items, improvement with the trading NPC and Boss Souls being more easily tradeable. I can't exactly diagnose why I don't have as much fun with it as DS1, so I digress. My favorite boss of the game so far has been Skeleton Lords, which was wonderful, and Harvest Valley was shockingly really fun.

*Alas, this includes Belfry Gargoyles and Executioner's chariot.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

stumbled into the Smelter Demon, who smelted me

Yeah, he is one of the toughest boss for the time that you fight him...

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

running the Dragonrider Twinblades + Bleed, but I've mostly switched over to a +10 Flamberge, which I am quite liking.

Personally I went with the Bone Scythe Boss weapon.

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

I'm just not enjoying it that much, despite some great moments. There are some massive improvements over DS1 for sure, though, such as the addition of spell-lowering items, improvement with the trading NPC and Boss Souls being more easily tradeable. I can't exactly diagnose why I don't have as much fun with it as DS1, so I digress.

Do you think its a gameplay, or story/setting thing?

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

My favorite boss of the game so far has been Skeleton Lords, which was wonderful, and Harvest Valley was shockingly really fun.

Interesting...neither of these was quiet what I was expecting.

I think I will end up rambling about the story, and its themes once you reach Vendrick...

5 AM. Yep, this is one of those days.

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Just, y'know... Less funny? Wait why the hell would I want that

The only good thing about it is that Garon willingly committed acts of terrorrism.

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

nah a magic mom considering i am using a mag corrin

57k91d0.pngujvvq4j.png6smfQ3i.png

You know what to do.

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Todd, you absolute genius.

He couldn't justify release on future platforms without an update, it makes total sense!

Next stop, retrofitting to older consoles. We need the PS1 port, stat!

47 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

57k91d0.pngujvvq4j.png6smfQ3i.png

You know what to do.

Yeah, I do.

FaGBP.png.ec14d4e96ec7248b82215a6de926418f.png

10 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

...Fine i will give Rev a try then

Oh boy.

9 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Damnit Kaga, give me closure on this already. How many years must I wait?

8 hours ago, WraithReborn said:

I always loved this one. It's hilarious.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

I like how you have a folder called Ruben on your computer.

It's an old folder, too. I've had it for three computers now. You can tell it's old because my completely legitimate copy of FE7 is still there, even though I have no use for it nowadays!

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Do you other identities have folders as well?

Unfortunately not.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

the only reason it was good for Ruben was because he played with all generics

And who says he can't do that too?

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

i actually enjoyed early Rev way more than BR.

Has a certain Kaga jank to it idk lol

Hah! Oh, my. Armagon in shambles.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Revelation is good and better than anything Kaga has ever put out because i said so.

Oh, look at little Kaga hater, gonna cry?

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

.....You know, that does explain some things. Ice breaking map is absolutely a thing i'd see him doing.

Turns out Armagon was the Kaga elitist all along.

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Fuck it

Conquest time

Special twist this time: Corrin + Waifu (dunno yet) + one unit + Kids

Well, i will use the Parents until i get the kids

We all knew this was going to happen.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Oh wow, Rugga is surprisingly nice if you maintain a successful alliance with him. That could be him being fake and deceptive for his own gain as usual, but after certain lines the game highlights that what he says/does “seems rehearsed” and stuff like that, but then near the end his smile seemed genuine, according to the game. Huh.

Rugga's more of an opportunistic vulture than evil for the sake of being evil. If you act according to his interests, he has no reason to betray you... until he sees one.

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

🤔

The Kid run sounds like too much hassle

and i never completed my reverse Class Run either. Maybe i should complete that first...

when i am back at my own PC because i forgot my save files lol

But it's good to play Conquest again lol

Not gonna lie, after Rev and Birthright, it really was for me too. And I like those two lol. Even if the generic run didn't work out, it was still fun. Look forward to my first lunatic run, with a regular team this time. I mean I guess I won't get bragging rights since it'll be tainted by the mods but oh well what can you do

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

I don’t know if it’s because Alette is my protagonist or because I maintained a successful alliance with Rugga, but Rugga is speaking a lot less passive-aggressively from what I remember in the tent at Arberrang. Hm.

He's generally a lot less of an asshole towards Alette. Mostly because he sees a young, naive, recently orphaned girl leading a whole caravan and he thinks he can manipulate her into a figurehead easily.

...Until she beats the shit out of him just as her father might've. Then he's not smiling anymore.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Banner Saga spoilers

Hide contents

Yl0WUwM.jpg

Yes Meinolf, this is also how I reacted when I got a character I liked killed.

Now I want to do a play through as Rook where I get Ludin killed because when Alette tries to comfort the king, he gets mad and says “have you ever lost a son?”, or something to the extent of that, and Rook’s daughter dies so there might be some interesting dialogue there. However, when Alette says no, but my dad died the king just slumps his shoulders and is a bit less rude, which they could very easily just apply to Rook’s route, even if they happen to share the loss of a kid.

I’m also interested how Meinolf talks to Alette when Ludin isn’t dead, because when he is she just strolls up in the middle of his anger at Hakon in his grief and he’s like “who in the depths is this!?”, saying nothing about how she’s a girl leading a massive caravan. I mean, he probably doesn’t anyway, but on the off chance he does, I’m curious if he has an opinion on that or if he’s actually a very progressive king for the time period this game is based on.

Edit: Nevermind, Alette being a young girl came up after some more of Meinolf yelling at Hakon (“Did Jorundr’s kendr die while he was a ward of the human kingdom!? No!”- he uses this as part of his excuse to not allow any of the varl into the city). He says “Tell me, girl, why are you leading an entire caravan of humans and horseborn? Why didn’t one of the men take point?” to which I can respond “my name is Alette, King Meinolf”. I really want to. Alternatively, she can confront him on his racism. I have a feeling it’s time for resetting to see every dialogue option’s results.

Of course when she responds to his question with “I’m a sundr slayer”, he just goes “sOmE wOuLd SaY yOuR fAtHeR dId AlL tHe WoRk ThErE tO.” I mean, I wasn’t the biggest Meinolf fan already, but… anyway, now I have to actually decide whether to confront his racism or sexism. I think I prefer “My name is Alette” because the way Alette talks and is described after that makes her seem so… strong, a nice little arc for her considering how she was at the beginning. Plus Meinolf is very grief stricken right now, maybe he doesn’t always blame an entire race for the actions of a few/the decisions of its leaders.

Also Meinolf offering to allow Alette’s caravan in Arberrang makes zero sense in this scenario.

@Saint Rubenio you might want to read this since you never got Ludin killed (or at least, that’s what you implied).

Spoiler

I don't know about Rook's conversation with the king if Ludin is dead, but if Alette and Ludin are both alive, this happens: When she shows up, Ludin introduces her as the Sundr-slayer. Then Meinolf turns to Ludin without addressing her and goes "please, son, you can introduce me to your pretty country girl later" and continues speaking to Hakon. Ludin and Alette both turn red. The text establishes Alette turns red out of anger. It's anyone's guess as to why Ludin reacts like that.

Then Hakon tries to remind the king that Alette was just as responsible for the caravan's (and his son's) survival, and Meinolf replies "careful, varl king. This is the human capital and my generosity is already stretched thin." After that, the "tell me, girl, why are you leading an entire caravan of humans and horseborn?" convo happens.

So yeah, even when he's not griefstricken, the guy's just generally a sexist prick. Honestly, Rugga stabbing him might've been a blessing in disguise. Ludin would make a far greater king in a rebuilt world, if he even accepts the crown, seeing how he doesn't really seem to believe in birthrights and fate that much at the end of the series.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Dang, my next LP update is gonna be late again... I've gotta get better at being industrious at home.

Dear, dear. Well, no rush. Update whenever you are able.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

So yeah, put it on the list i guess

Naisu

1 hour ago, Ghost_06_ said:

You know what to do.

Great minds think alike 😄

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We all knew this was going to happen

Lol

Yeah tbf

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

your punishment for being a quitter however, you must use Niles.

Niles isn't a kid :p

I will try to capture some early good generics to use however

Ya know what's making me so hesistant on kid only run?

No Azura...

CQ Lunatic without dancer is big oof

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Niles isn't a kid 😛

I will try to capture some early good generics to use however

H A I T A K A

Ya know what's making me so hesistant on kid only run?

No Azura...

CQ Lunatic without dancer is big oof

You can do what everyone else does when they attempt any sort of challenge like this: Exception for Azura. She's one of a kind, you can't really count her the same way as the rest.

1 hour ago, Ghost_06_ said:

The only good thing about it is that Garon willingly committed acts of terrorrism.

So I take it you're not too fond of the mod?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

You can do what everyone else does when they attempt any sort of challenge like this: Exception for Azura. She's one of a kind, you can't really count her the same way as the rest.

Yeah might just do that