• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

46 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Oh.

Is it ever explained by the way how the royals got their special weapons?

Nope. Leo has murder trees because he has them.

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

know this is from forever ago for this topic, as in "yesterday", but commenters have suggested it isn't Igavania. It's "Classicvania", Circle of the Moon, not Ritual of the Night. Having a timer in the upper right corner makes no sense for an Igavania, but for an old school action-platformer a timer is old-timey.

Ahh, huh.

Well, still. I hope the writing is bad.

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Are you sure the enjoyment won't be from watching us watch you say "third time ain't the charm, the franchise sure ain't for me"? Choose wisely, you needn't entertain us.

No, I've had about enough awkwardness. Dread alwyas looked more like I'd enjoy it than other Metroids. I just wasn't sure I wanted to risk the investment after past disappointments with the series. But if I get it as a bonus reward from getting rid of Houses... Not to mention, now I know it's a national product! Patriotism!

My coworker happens to be a Metroid fan. Naturally, upon noticing my interest, he immediately attempted to sabotage the project by trying to convince me I must play the entire series before Dread to get the most enjoyment out of it. I told him The Witcher series has been sitting in my Steam library untouched for half a decade because of the necessity to play 1 and 2 before 3.

He got the hint, luckily. So now he just wants me to read a short manga and that's it.

48 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

I mean, looking at series history games do kinda come in pairs, either story wise or game play style before changing

FE1 and FE3 story wise

FE4 and FE5 as well

Same with FE6 and 7, and 8 having similar gameplay style

9-10 Tellius

11/12 being 1/3 remakes

Fates taking the elements awakening introduced, expanding it and making legit great gameplay with it

3 Houses also shares gameplay Elements with Echoes, and had 3 Copes as a "follow up"

Going by series history we should get something new next

Like no matter how much they fuck up, IS does try new stuff every couple games

May they hear you.

33 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

With all this Three Houses talk I decided to finally buy the game.

It wont arrive while I'm here but when I do get back it'll be one of the games to play along with Xenoblade.

Even this statement cannot spoil my happiness at trading it in for a good game.

33 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I trust them on that matter. I mean they're not Mario Sports team.

Yes, that much I have to give them.

51 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Man, am i glad i bought it with a coupon from my mobile provider for renewing contract or i would be hella pissed for paying 60€

And i will sell it soon to get something else

RIP but hey that's good it worked out well enough

52 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Now, Xenoblade 3... that game worth a 100 bucks

everything I've heard about it has me crazy hyped to play it

folks already calling it GOTY 2022

4 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

Says the girl who bathes with him (and everyone really) no problem lmao

Yeah that whole convo was them going "wait there's nothing actually wrong with nudity is there?"

4 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

I will say

Xenoblade 3 is a game i am no lifing consequences be damned. My future self can deal with the consequences.

The last time i did that...

Sky SC no lifing it in the middle of a project and having to speedrun the project in 2 days lmao

worth it

A small price to pay.

4 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Japan has a weird history with fetishes

I wish for five seconds ago when I didn't see what it was you had posted.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey @Armagon in case you haven't read my posts.

I may end up buying one of your top 10 favorite games of all time.

With spite.

Not out of spite. With spite.

Will confirm if this happens next monday.

I saw.

Well see, since I've been enjoying Mario+Rabbids, the universe requires balance. You will like Dread.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

😋

I wonder why it is I think Lanz will be your favorite character in the game.

41 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So I just

Reveal hidden contents

Seen Mio revealed as "M" 

And that "N" was stuck in a loop where Mio and him were separated, causing him to go crazy and side with Moebius in hopes for Eternity with her.

Poor guy, worst luck ever.

Xenoblade 3 Ch.6 spoilers (Shrimpy don't click)

Spoiler

Second spoiler box for good measure

Spoiler

The finale of Ch.5 followed by the opening plot twists of Ch.6 is just *chef's kiss*. One of the hardest emotional scenes followed up by one of the rawest reverse uno cards.

And my man Noah. "If the world holds our lives back, I will end it! It's that simple" is such an insane line.

I love that entire sequence. So satisfying to see after N forces Noah to watch "Mio" die and even telling him to send her off.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Naturally, upon noticing my interest, he immediately attempted to sabotage the project by trying to convince me I must play the entire series before Dread to get the most enjoyment out of

Honestly, you don't. I mean if anything, Samus Returns and Fusion are the games most relevant to Dread and even then, you don't actually need to play them, what with Metroid being very light on story. If you're like me, you'd get the most out of it sure but many many people began their Metroid journey with Dread. You'll be fine.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My coworker happens to be a Metroid fan. Naturally, upon noticing my interest, he immediately attempted to sabotage the project by trying to convince me I must play the entire series before Dread to get the most enjoyment out of it. I told him The Witcher series has been sitting in my Steam library untouched for half a decade because of the necessity to play 1 and 2 before 3.

Yeah, I hadn't finished any Metroids before Dread and I survived, it's not story reliant.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

off the top of my head only Elden Ring and Stray?

but could be more I just haven't kept up with it

I feel like Kirby got that talk from some too, though I doubt on the level of Elden Ring.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I saw.

Well see, since I've been enjoying Mario+Rabbids, the universe requires balance. You will like Dread.

Imagine if Xeno 3 had been an option

...It wasn't though. They have it elsewhere, but not in the store at my city. Them's the breaks.

Anyway, that would certainly be a sweet state of affairs.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, you don't. I mean if anything, Samus Returns and Fusion are the games most relevant to Dread and even then, you don't actually need to play them, what with Metroid being very light on story. If you're like me, you'd get the most out of it sure but many many people began their Metroid journey with Dread. You'll be fine.

I get where he's coming from. He means well, but... Frankly, all I want is to run around and shoot things in a game that hopefully doesn't struggle with the same issues as the other Metroids I've played.

Maybe I'll check out some gameplay first. I could still get Breath of the Wild. Or like, the new Animal Crossing lolololololol

2 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Yeah, I hadn't finished any Metroids before Dread and I survived, it's not story reliant.

He's a big fan. Big enough to care about the lore. Again, he means well, but he missed the mark here.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He's a big fan. Big enough to care about the lore. Again, he means well, but he missed the mark here.

Admittedly I hadn't gotten to finishing either GBA Metroid beforehand 😛

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Reveal hidden contents

Second spoiler box for good measure

Reveal hidden contents

The finale of Ch.5 followed by the opening plot twists of Ch.6 is just *chef's kiss*. One of the hardest emotional scenes followed up by one of the rawest reverse uno cards.

And my man Noah. "If the world holds our lives back, I will end it! It's that simple" is such an insane line.

I love that entire sequence. So satisfying to see after N forces Noah to watch "Mio" die and even telling him to send her off.

Yeah it was neat! 

Spoiler

Also, did Noah just gain Jin's Heavenly Disrupt? 

Also, invincibility Art? What? 

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah it was neat! 

Reveal hidden contents

Also, did Noah just gain Jin's Heavenly Disrupt? 

Also, invincibility Art? What? 

Xenoblade 3 Ch.6

Spoiler

Yeah Final Lucky Seven is literally Heavenly Disrupt.

The invincibility buff lasts for five seconds but uh...well

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade 3 Ch.6

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah Final Lucky Seven is literally Heavenly Disrupt.

The invincibility buff lasts for five seconds but uh...well

Spoiler

Yep, its broken.

Im not gonna watch that yet haha.

I like the JP symbols they use in omage to the Monaco arts.

2 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

I'm pretty sure we (the campaign I'm a part of) were discussing between rolling against AC and we had to hit below the threshold in one case. Or I'm just remembering wrong the specifics, I've not played much of this campaign and it's my first contact with D&D specifically.

Back in the olden days, there was THAC0 - To Hit Armor Class Zero, as in "you have to roll this high to hit AC 0". If you have 15 Thac0, you have to roll 15 vs AC 0, 14 vs. AC 1, 13 vs. AC 2 etc, or [Thac0-AC] in general, which means that both AC and Thac0 follow the rule "the lower the better". In Baldur's Gate, which generally tries to reproduce the PnP rules, a +1 weapon will give a +1 bonus to Thac0 (which means that it will reduce Thac0 by one) and a standard shield will give a +1 bonus to your AC (which means that it will reduce AC by one).

The maths isn't actually any more difficult than the "modern" To Hit bonuses, unless you struggle with the concept of subtracting negative numbers, but you get the impression that there's an attempt to make it look much more complicated than it really is. The part where "+x" means "-x" honestly is the worst part.

Today's standard, I'm pretty sure, is to roll D20 and add your To Hit bonus, and compare that number with the target's AC. If you match or exceed it, you hit; if your result is below the AC; you miss. I obviously have no idea if there's some exceptions to the rule, I was just assuming that the newer rulebooks try to be consistent about the general "more = better" rule.

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Poor sisters, they don't get anything.

None of them do, come to think about it. It's all the guys. The girls are the ones who get to be clingy over MC-kun. Even more than the boys, I mean. But then, what's a little sexism in the most morally bankrupt game in the series?

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Also how dare you use the fandom wiki.

The other one has no Berwick Saga. That means no official artwork of Alvina, Quetzal.

Soonâ„¢

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

so true, old timer!

Would you kindly stop slandering me?

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But the way he joins in Conquest makes him super interchangeable with Rinkah. They both come to the same "Corrin's not bad" realization, but then Kaze joins while Rinkah vanishes forever. It's weird.

Maybe it's because they were already "even" atm, while Kaze still owed Corrin for saving his life.

He tells me Houses turned out to be his least favorite FE. The validation. It is sweeeeeeet...

For a moment I read it "Heroes" and was puzzled.

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

and that's coming from someone who does enjoy 3H

doesn't mean I'm necessarily pleased with the current direction for the series' gameplay

Ehh I dunno, 3H's success was big. Maybe for the sake of profit, they'll just keep going that way... But we'll see.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

The reason i believe lol yes is because IS is willing to change every couple games, so who knows

The only post Awakening staple that IS will keep moving forward are the Dating Sim elements. The rest will change.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Then what is even the point????🤨 I don't get it.

Because I wanted to share the news that not even Rune Factory was safe from the degeneration of the Internet Dwellers...

I have no idea. It's an SMT spinoff flavored with cannibalism and East Asian flourishes.

It probably is, Berserk is super famous. Just like JoJo.

To not be so spoilery and more general. Pretend an evil scheming old man murdered your beloved sister, captured you and gave you total amnesia, symbiotically bound you to him -and in the case of this horrible doujin- proceeded to ravish you. I mean, for Haze herself it might (I am NOT going to look this up!) not be too bad because amnesia, but for us IRL who know her past- yikes!

Sounds like your average mindbreak NTR doujin. Now I now why some people dislike XC2.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

folks already calling it GOTY 2022

Doubt it will win it though, it doesn't have the same clout as Elden Ring.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I wish for five seconds ago when I didn't see what it was you had posted.

The new fetish or the xeno 2 slander?

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

None of them do, come to think about it. It's all the guys. The girls are the ones who get to be clingy over MC-kun. Even more than the boys, I mean. But then, what's a little sexism in the most morally bankrupt game in the series?

There's something to be said about Awakening doing a pretty good job at having male and female equality in a series that had a long history of sexism only for Fates to go back on all of that with it's primary female characters.

That's not to say Fates doesn't have really good female characters, in fact I'd say they outnumber the good male characters, but none of them are main characters.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The other one has no Berwick Saga. That means no official artwork of Alvina, Quetzal.

Hmm...Okay, I'll let it slide just this once.

8 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Maybe it's because they were already "even" atm, while Kaze still owed Corrin for saving his life.

Bah, bleh.

The only post Awakening staple that IS will keep moving forward are the Dating Sim elements. The rest will change.

I will take that.

Doubt it will win it though, it doesn't have the same clout as Elden Ring.

It's gonna be a close bout between the two of them, I'd say. The weebs vs the elitists, so to speak.

Me, I'll sit in the corner there with the funny rabbids game, probably. It has Mario Payne, Bow Loogi, an edgelord called Edge, a sentient disco ball, I mean, it's already the game for me.

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

There's something to be said about Awakening doing a pretty good job at having male and female equality in a series that had a long history of sexism only for Fates to go back on all of that with it's primary female characters.

At least Fates has no gender locks for classes. Women get to be fighters and men get to be troubadours. Now that, that is pretty sweet.

That's not to say Fates doesn't have really good female characters, in fact I'd say they outnumber the good male characters, but none of them are main characters.

In fairness, I feel the secondaries in Fates are consistently better than the awful main characters regardless of gender, just in general lol

Hmm...Okay, I'll let it slide just this once.

I   h a v e   f o u n d   y o u r   w e a k n e s s ,   Q u e t z a l

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I guess since I've reached that point I have to put everything in spoilers now

Spoiler

When a villager takes his shirt off to give to Oersted, he actually takes it off and it stays off.

He even asks if you talk to him again if you seriously want to take more off him as he's literally given the shirt of his back.

JUST PLAY LIVEALIVE BRO

And the Trifle's item description: "At a glance, it appears to be edible, but......".

JUST PLAY LIVEALIVE BRO

12 minutes ago, ping said:

Back in the olden days, there was THAC0 - To Hit Armor Class Zero, as in "you have to roll this high to hit AC 0". If you have 15 Thac0, you have to roll 15 vs AC 0, 14 vs. AC 1, 13 vs. AC 2 etc, or [Thac0-AC] in general, which means that both AC and Thac0 follow the rule "the lower the better". In Baldur's Gate, which generally tries to reproduce the PnP rules, a +1 weapon will give a +1 bonus to Thac0 (which means that it will reduce Thac0 by one) and a standard shield will give a +1 bonus to your AC (which means that it will reduce AC by one).

The maths isn't actually any more difficult than the "modern" To Hit bonuses, unless you struggle with the concept of subtracting negative numbers, but you get the impression that there's an attempt to make it look much more complicated than it really is. The part where "+x" means "-x" honestly is the worst part.

Today's standard, I'm pretty sure, is to roll D20 and add your To Hit bonus, and compare that number with the target's AC. If you match or exceed it, you hit; if your result is below the AC; you miss. I obviously have no idea if there's some exceptions to the rule, I was just assuming that the newer rulebooks try to be consistent about the general "more = better" rule.

Yeah it'd be more of stuff from the last paragraph, the calculations are seemingly mostly unchanged from regular D&D.