Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

So, Fates RNG has the quirk that below 50% it's actually 1 RN. So that's a little under a 2% chance both those attacks hit if they're 10 and 17.

What does 1 RN mean again?

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is why dodgetanks are bad.

I remember in both of my playthroughs of Birthright, Hana was a god solely because she dodged literally everything that was thrown at her, but now not even low hit chances will save me.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, starting Awakening now. Some girl in bronze valkyrie armor come out of nowhere is my sole companion. Zevran, Sten and Morrigan are gone. Morrigan and Sten make sense, but where'd Zevran go off to? I thought we said to stay together... Ah well, I'll do with this other woman for now. We'll see if she stays.

I don't remember those units in Awakening.

• Replies 175.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

It just uses one number to calculate. So what your Hit display states it is what you have. Unlike 2RN which takes two numbers and uses the average, so displayed Hit is kinda incorrect then. For hits over 50, it means the real number is higher, for under 50, it's lower. So, say, a Displayed Hit of 15 is "higher" in 1RN than in 2RN. While a 72 is lower in 1RN but higher in 2RN.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It just uses one number to calculate. So what your Hit display states it is what you have. Unlike 2RN which takes two numbers and uses the average, so displayed Hit is kinda incorrect then. For hits over 50, it means the real number is higher, for under 50, it's lower. So, say, a Displayed Hit of 15 is "higher" in 1RN than in 2RN. While a 72 is lower in 1RN but higher in 2RN.

Ah.

Those feckin' liars...

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Ah.

Those feckin' liars...

Yeah, the 2RN system is misgiving like that. As it is, it exists to benefit the player, since most of the time it's the player who has Hit rates over 50 than the enemy does.

16 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Pretty much what Acacia said.

For future reference, all of the Kaga FEs are 1 RN, BB to Awakening is 2 RN and I'm actually unsure with SoV and 3H, though I think 3H is just 2RN. SoV could be the same as Fates's hybrid RN but I don't remember.

Staves are usually 1 RN though.

Fire Emblem's 2RN is probably among the most egregious examples (ffs, 10 displayed hit is only 2% true hit), but it's interesting how many video games lie with their probabilities. Even Darkest Dungeon has a hidden +5% hit chance for every player attack. I think Sid Meier said in his autobiography that when he first put displayed chances of success in his games (must've been back in the 90s), everybody told him that while they liked the game, the odds were clearly rigged against them!!!

1 minute ago, Awoken Dayni said:

For future reference, all of the Kaga FEs are 1 RN, BB to Awakening is 2 RN and I'm actually unsure with SoV and 3H, though I think 3H is just 2RN. SoV could be the same as Fates's hybrid RN but I don't remember.

Isnt RD unique as far as RN's go?

5 minutes ago, ping said:

Fire Emblem's 2RN is probably among the most egregious examples (ffs, 10 displayed hit is only 2% true hit), but it's interesting how many video games lie with their probabilities. Even Darkest Dungeon has a hidden +5% hit chance for every player attack. I think Sid Meier said in his autobiography that when he first put displayed chances of success in his games (must've been back in the 90s), everybody told him that while they liked the game, the odds were clearly rigged against them!!!

That honestly is interesting.

I do like how Fates compared to Awakening encourages a lot more risk taking with it's RNG, since most of it feels more unclear than in Awakening, but at the same time...Felicia should've totally dodged at least one of those attacks.

6 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Good to know.

Edited by GuardianSing

Just now, GuardianSing said:

I do like how Fates compared to Awakening encourages a lot more risk taking with it's RNG, since most of it feels more unclear than in Awakening, but at the same time...Felicia should've totally dodged at least one of those attacks.

If there's no 0 Hit, it ain't "should" chief.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Isnt RD unique as far as RN's go?

I've never heard that, what are you referring to?

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Isn't TRS also 2RN?

I didn't think it was, it certainly hasn't seemed that way from experience either and Kaga using 2RN sounds OOC.

2 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

I thought it had a whole 'nother set of RN's compared to other FE games. Maybe I misread that. Xd

10 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

I didn't think it was, it certainly hasn't seemed that way from experience either and Kaga using 2RN sounds OOC.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/6p70eg/tearring_saga_true_hit_graph/

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If there's no 0 Hit, it ain't "should" chief.

Jesus Christ. I'm never going to trust a hit rate ever again, this is the only time something like this has ever happened in my four years of playing this game, but I'm going to think of it every time I encounter in enemy that has a low hit-chance in every Fire Emblem.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Currently level 72 in XC3! 

You actually will be Lv.99 by the time you fight the final boss.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy said:

YA DAGS!

Ah yes her. The character that will just call you the hard R completely unprovoked.

Love her, she's great.

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Oh yeah, I've seen the table of it before and it's...... weird to me.

Edit: My bad for misremembering, the table has it's own weirdness.

Calling it true hit is weird, but then calling any of these true hit is weird.

Edited by Awoken Dayni

I just finished Chapter 1 of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 recently, so I figured I'd give my initial impressions on the game so far. I'm very impressed with what I've seen in the 5+ hours I've put into the game at the moment. Story's looking pretty solid, gameplay's still great, and the cast may just be my favorite in the series. But I'm getting ahead of myself, so I'll hold back on any in-depth opinions until I've gotten much further in the game. Suffice to say, I'm really enjoying the game so far. 

Also, huge thanks to the people who have been kind enough to hide any Xenoblade Chronicles 3 spoilers in those hidden content boxes. I truly appreciate it. Alas, I was not so lucky with games like Live a Live, PM:TTYD and Shadows of Valentia, but otherwise I've managed to go spoiler-free with games pretty well.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Everyone is talking about Xenoblade 3. Dayni and I sit in our corner and discuss why Live a Live is Good a Good. Brightbow's playing Karajan Saga.

What am I, chopped liver? (I jest)

And CyberZord finally stopped procrastinating on discussing his initial thoughts on XC3 and got around to posting a reply about the game. 

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

What's fucked is that they allow you to level down post-game.

Like why the fuck can't you do it before then, they literally allowed us to do so in DE.

To be fair, I don't see why anyone would want to level their characters down during the main campaign, even if it was a feature in Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition. It only seems to beget more level grinding and time investment. At least, that's how I see it. 

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Currently level 72 in XC3! 

And here I am at a mere level 12 with my group. What kind of elites are you feeding your team? I must know your secret, lightcosmo.

2 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

What am I, chopped liver? (I jest)

Welcome to the club. My Skyrim playthrough narration might as well not exist.

3 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

To be fair, I don't see why anyone would want to level their characters down during the main campaign

Because the side content is legitimately amazing and it's so easy to overlevel yourself through it.

3 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

It only seems to beget more level grinding and time investment. At least, that's how I see it. 

Nah cause when you level down, the levels you already had get converted to BEXP. So if you need to level up again, you can just level up again, no grinding.

Edited by Armagon

Lying to the player is based as long as it benefits the player.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

@Newtype06

All right, starting Awakening now. Some girl in bronze valkyrie armor come out of nowhere is my sole companion. Zevran, Sten and Morrigan are gone. Morrigan and Sten make sense, but where'd Zevran go off to? I thought we said to stay together... Ah well, I'll do with this other woman for now. We'll see if she stays.

Aaaand naturally we start with disaster, because this is Dragon Age. Somehow I'm sure this is my fault.

Awakening has a new set of companions. I think the only returning character is Oghren.

31 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

here I am at a mere level 12 with my group. What kind of elites are you feeding your team? I must know your secret, lightcosmo.

Its called not having a personal life when a favorite is released! 

That and having skill. Yeah, lets go with that, it sounds cool that way!