Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, if we are to get technical, SRW already does the "can only deploy the women pilots of the team (men only participate if they're sub-pilots)"... as a one-map thing in the DLC. From Z3 to 30 and counting.

I do remember that battle. It was... bleh. It was supposed to be the women standing up for themselves and letting off some steam. It felt pretty random, unwarranted agitation, treading into the notion of women being "hysterical". One of the weaker moments of the solidly-written DLC silly battles.

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

*thinks for a second*

I give up.

Zeta and Nu. The Greek letters are practically owned by those two beloved fogies. -Just a slight (and clearly failed b/c unfunny) joke. Don't it take seriously.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I do remember that battle. It was... bleh. It was supposed to be the women standing up for themselves and letting off some steam. It felt pretty random, unwarranted agitation, treading into the notion of women being "hysterical". One of the weaker moments of the solid DLC silly battles.

Oh, you disliked it too, huh.

Yeah, I get the intention, but the way they executed it was... uh huh. Not just the women, but also the men got turned into idiots who couldn't open their mouths without putting their foot in them. So just plain OOC all around. This is the kind of thing that could've worked if Nadesico Prince of Darkness had been in the game, since the Martian Successors could be quite chauvinistic, considering things. You might've noticed it a bit in AP, most likely.

Less controversial would've been just doing the pageant thing one more time, which is what the others games do. The competition aspect always ends up on being their piloting/fighting skills anyway...

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Zeta and Nu. The Greek letters are practically owned by those two beloved fogies. -Just a slight joke. Don't it take seriously.

Ah, I see, haha.

I mean, SRW 3 had Daitarn 3 without much fuzz, so it'd be no big deal.

Zelda 2 is a game of all time

Beat the second temple and realized the game wasn't really gonna change much. To be fair, it's an NES game and there's only so much it can do. But man, when the game feels tedious even with the "cheat code" version that Nintendo put up on NSO, then you messed up somewhere. I think if they reduced battle encounters by like 50% the entire game would be smoother.

That being said, it is a creative idea for a Zelda game, an idea that hasn't been touched on outside of the brief 2D segments in the GB Zelda games. Perhaps one day we'd get a proper remake or a new game that takes Zelda 2's ideas and executes them properly.

I'm gonna give it a 3/10. Maybe a 2/10, idk. I at least had feelings towards this game, unlike Steamworld Heist, which is a game i actually gave a 2/10. And it's not Balan tiers of bad either.

56 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Try Castlevania II: Simon's Quest next, the NPCs are known to outright lie to you in that game.😛

Oh believe me, i know

The video that influenced an entire genre of YouTuber (and none ever came close except for like Jontron i guess)

(He doesn't actually talk about the dialogue in this one, that's in a later video)

Screenshot_2023-03-14-23-10-59-30_f9ee05

tenor_72.gif

33 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, you disliked it too, huh.

The one memorable good bit of it was the dialogue you get with Ange. (You already told me once before that their ambiguous gender wasn't handled so tastefully in Japanese as in the localization, and yet again, I'll be happier kept in the dark.)

Yeah, I get the intention, but the way they executed it was... uh huh. Not just the women, but also the men got turned into idiots who couldn't open their mouths without putting their foot in them. So just plain OOC all around.

I think a battle where people let off some pent-up petty steam would make sense. But next time, Banpresto should make it gender-neutral. I'm sure everyone has things they want to get off their chest. Most the time the heroes act as one and set aside any differences to save the world. Have one nothing fight where everyone at the same time is selfishly off in their own little world being exasperated.

This is the kind of thing that could've worked if Nadesico Prince of Darkness had been in the game, since the Martian Successors could be quite chauvinistic, considering things. You might've noticed it a bit in AP, most likely.

"Space Assault Superior Male Forces" -You can smell the incel wafting off it. ("Assault" and "Male" just don't look good in a single phrase no matter how you arrange them. "Superior" helps not one bit.)

Or, the fragrance could be a combination of the wordiness and discipline that one may expect of an honorable Japanese title translated into English. Maybe I could see it being Gekiganger-inspired, intending to be heroic, not chauvinist. Or maybe it began as heroic, and has since degraded into chauvinism.

Less controversial would've been just doing the pageant thing one more time, which is what the others games do. The competition aspect always ends up on being their piloting/fighting skills anyway...

We did get that "Rin-Rin's Candy Drops" battle. Not exactly a pageant, but a female idol group is pageantry enough. Ernie's hyperactive participation was unexpected, a little strange, yet 🤣.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

When you get Isekai'd but your priorities are in order:

FEc0D2YXIAMfeDM?format=jpg&name=medium

Sorry Ryusei, but the dimensional transfer process sometimes irretrievably corrupts files. Usually nothing you had on your computer before you jumped universes, only after, oddly enough.

He ought to have more than just a robot folder BTW.:

gsdx-20211119090848.png

-Explaining his interests to Aya. Back when they barely knew each other, as you can tell from this image.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Beat the second temple and realized the game wasn't really gonna change much.

I don't blame you. Tolerances for yesteryear vary, and a fan of a franchise is by no means required to go dumpster-diving into its past either.

We do have to thank AoL for inventing the Triforce of Courage. And Dark Link for he's worth, and the names of the six sages of OoT, and the boss of the Fire Temple for some reason.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The one memorable good bit of it was the dialogue you get with Ange. (You already told me once before that their ambiguous gender wasn't handled so tastefully in Japanese as in the localization, and yet again, I'll be happier kept in the dark.)

Don't actually know, but changes were to be had indeed.

I only recall one example where it more or less went like this:

Japanese:

*three characters wonder about the topic*

English:

*one character wonders and the other two berate him for wondering*

Whether you think that's better or worse, up to you.

I think a battle where people let off some pent-up petty steam would make sense. But next time, Banpresto should make it gender-neutral. I'm sure everyone has things they want to get off their chest. Most the time the heroes act as one and set aside any differences to save the world. Have one nothing fight where everyone at the same time is selfishly off in their own little world being exasperated.

That and also in the why it happens. Since as I said, most of the frustration arises from their rest of their teammates, who inexplicably only for that DLC stage they act in a way that only feeds into said frustration. It just doesn't really work.

It's kinda like say, the Largo and Mia supports from Path of Radiance. It comes out of nowhere since we don't really get an indication that it's a problem elsewhere. Or almost elsewhere at least. We can only take their word for it.

"Space Assault Superior Male Forces" -You can smell the incel wafting off it. ("Assault" and "Male" just don't look good in a single phrase no matter how you arrange them. "Superior" helps not one bit.)

Or, the fragrance could be a combination of the wordiness and discipline that one may expect of an honorable Japanese title translated into English. Maybe I could see it being Gekiganger-inspired, intending to be heroic, not chauvinist. Or maybe it began as heroic, and has since degraded into chauvinism.

I think that's the idea.

Gekiganger is meant to be a reference/parody of Super Robot anime, and the lead female character as a result is meant to follow the archetype as it was in those days (or rather, more to the 70's and 80's than the 90's when Nadesico came out). And since the Jovians built up their culture around Gekiganger... it would reflect on how the women are treated when they only have the one example. And yes, it's the sort of thing that, even if it began with good or at least neutral aspects, it gets corrupted and degrades.

We did get that "Rin-Rin's Candy Drops" battle. Not exactly a pageant, but a female idol group is pageantry enough. Ernie's hyperactive participation was unexpected, a little strange, yet 🤣.

Oh yes, I remember that one too, heh.

Sorry Ryusei, but the dimensional transfer process sometimes irretrievably corrupts files. Usually nothing you had on your computer before you jumped universes, only after, oddly enough.

Ah, ain't that always a pain.

He ought to have more than just a robot folder BTW.:

gsdx-20211119090848.png

-Explaining his interests to Aya. Back when they barely knew each other, as you can tell from this image.

Well, not like the world of 30 would give him a whole lot in those other categories compared to robots. XD

In case you're wondering why I haven't started Radiant Dawn yet it's because I wanted to finish our little linked playthrough first before jumping into another FE game.

Until then, I always have more Pokemon.

Eohg8F8.png

Welp, now I just feel bad.

EHBpgNO.png

Do you think the guy who invented the Pokeball took a look at Voltorb and was like "I now know exactly how I should design this Pokemon imprisoning device"

Then again, don't proto-modern Pokeballs exists that don't look entirely like the modern ones?

qLbPLsk.pngMJ5nB96.png

HERETIC!

RZo7FHa.png5nGgrTR.png

Me

uHhzM92.pngEyChbh2.png

Let the record show, this town's lack of building stairs nearly killed Jesus.

uH4SQBq.pngK98AFHb.png

What kind of horrific psychological conditioning do you have to do to get a Pokemon to just straight up forget a move?!

Further more, what's even the point of this guy if learning a new move allows you to forget an old move anyways?

dFeT3G0.pngO5ukonc.pngw6glXHe.png

I have mixed feelings on this.

QuOz5hr.png

l5zpz7e.jpg

waOESwW.png

Only in the Pokemon universe would the Safari people encourage you to throw rocks at the animals

YQoIC3C.png

*Hits blunt*

"So what if...we had a Pokemon...that was just a shit ton of broken eggs?"

YI70Kja.png

Do you think it would be considered animal cruelty if trainers evolved this Pokemon?

Y5MLDoW.png

Zuzu looks at this map distraught, for she wants to buy TMs at the Celadon city but the only public transit in Kanto is trainers flying on their bird Pokemon somehow.

KfWhKGe.png

So is it just me or are X stat boosters kinda useless in Pokemon where when in any battle where it might be useful it just wastes a turn and the enemy kills you instantly anyways?

bURR0YU.png

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T SELL ANTIDOTES?!!

HqR9bQB.png

Buddy you would not believe the amount of people I've beaten because of how many turns they wasted on stat boosters.

9rg6fNW.png

Isn't this supposed to be the poison gym?!
Y9c6li8.png

Solidarity forever~

Xh8SVtN.png

Alright time for Poke-ninja hell.

m6Fr6HD.png

So here's a fun fact, I was using my Sandslash who used dig to get that type effectiveness, while she was still underground Koga's Koffing used self destruct and killed itself leaving my Sandslash completely fine and still able to use dig on his next Pokemon.

This legitimately made me laugh out loud.

66j1eRR.png

k2QOyE5.png

SPXtjDf.png

Pfft! I didn't even know there was a love system in this game.

19 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

@GuardianSing

I thought of another random game or two to suggest to you

Fallout: New Vegas: A classic, which combined the best aspects of old Fallout, and Bethesda Fallout, which has a fair bit to say about politics, and morality, in a way I think you may end up enjoying. Do be warned, this is a buggy open world game (like all the Bethesda open world games really), and you will almost certainly have to reload the game at some point because of that. This at its core is a game about choice, and is surprisingly robust to things like failure (for instance, failing to prevent a President's assassination doesn't lead to a game over, it just has consequences for world continuing on), the player's willingness to murder hobo important characters, or the player's willingness to solve problems without violence (even letting you talk the final boss into retreating...if you can create an argument he actually finds convincing).

Undertale: Another RPG about choice, but this time its an indy darling, that you have probably at least heard of before, although you might want to wait until you have a few RPGs under your belt before playing it, as it tends to play with conventions of the genre in really clever ways. Well known as friendly RPG in which nobody has to die...but you always have that as an option. Best known for its two extreme routes, the Pacifist route, and No Mercy route (often referred to as the Genocide route as well), and its meta-commentary on the genre.

Ah yes, Fallout New Vagas, the game my brother is a huge fan of, so much so that he collected bottle caps when he was highschool and still collects them today for traditions sake.

I'll have to put that on the list as well.

With Undertale I will say the game has been spoiled for me several times over but I wouldn't mind trying to get into it.

Edited by GuardianSing

19 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

SPXtjDf.png

Introduced back in Gen2, mostly as an evolution mechanic. A fair number of Pokemon, including most baby Pokemon, have to level up while liking you this much in order to evolve. Bonus points for Eevee, who evolves into either Espeon or Umbreon through this method, depending on the time of day.

Pretty sure this won't work for you though, since FR/LG strictly enforces the Kanto 'dex until you reach the postgame. Which is a shame, because Crobat would've been a cool Pokemon to have. Certainly cooler than its prevo.

9 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I better be able to use my endgame units in the Fell Xenologue or else I’m going to be pissed. 

If I had to guess, it'll be a deal like Cindered Shadows where you get fixed units to use. Likely including a selection of highly marketable secondaries comprised entirely of characters I don't care much about and Alfred.

But then, unlike CS, this was already made before the game released, so there's a chance they figured everyone would love Saphir and Lindon, so they are in the DLC! Wouldn't that be somethin'. Or maybe Seforia will be in the DLC

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Constant its descent

Blossoming tree befuddled

For the vernal nears.

Briefly it touches the ground, 

Strikes my yearning heart.

It was snow flurries all day today.❄️ 

Meanwhile my room was scorching hot to the point where I became dehydrated in the middle of the night. Had to zombie my way to the kitchen and drink two full glasses of water. Felt myself revive almost immediately, I've never gone through anything like it.

I don't even know how it happened. This morning is the coldest one in the last two weeks. But my room was a fucking furnace last night.

Be careful with what you wish for.

Screen-Shot-2023-03-14-at-7-18-04-PM.png

The "W" is for "Witch". Witch-Otaku.

His attacks are pretty ordinary though, no craziness. He merely uses a guitar-shaped gun with plain projectiles.

That's not bad. Weaponized weaboo is rather entertaining. They didn't go hard enough, though. He should attack with anime. Literally, throwing generic romcoms at people.

An all mage team. Only one attack per character, but it looks like that isn't an issue here.

At least from the first enemies I could test my squad on, it seems like it's going to be pretty effective. Helps that I got them all fully stacked with the best gear available. Ailyth and Freya being unable to equip much of anything left me plenty of cash for these guys.

Dark Sacred Poison Fire Javelin Savior Blow Storm?

Conclusion: Fauxnel's shoes will never be the same.

Lockswell would've technically worked with Fauxnel, due to the implication that his wife/Cheripha's mother may have belonged to Fauxnel's fallen noble house.

I considered that, but I already used Lockswell in the Old People Team. I figured I'd throw in Langrey and enjoy his glorious voice acting.

Seriously, it isn't as deliciously smarmy as Fauxnel, but the guy feels it. He's really angry and I love it.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Next: Mauv's Warp shenanigans

Saphir time. Use her. Best girl.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Only problem i have with Sigurd!Celine tbh is that the drip is not as cool as Lucina!Celine. Lucina just fits Celine extremly drip wise XD

I have a confession to make: I could never tell the difference between the engaged outfits. I liked them, cool white suits. But the differences were too minute, and things like the wings, the massive rotor blades, the domes knights get and the neon hair colors distracted from them.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And oh so help you when the dialogue was mistranslated to boot...

"If I escape, so will everybody else."

22 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Hits blunt*

"So what if...we had a Pokemon...that was just a shit ton of broken eggs?

Call it Exeggcute too. That's not cute, that's execute with extra steps. With the eggs' really angry faces, it all becomes mote ominous than it probably should be.

23 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

KfWhKGe.png

So is it just me or are X stat boosters kinda useless in Pokemon where when in any battle where it might be useful it just wastes a turn and the enemy kills you instantly anyways?

Quetzal

My sweet summer child

I think that woman is just trying to sell you drugs.

24 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Isn't this supposed to be the poison gym?!

Even the poison gym knows poison is a garbage status effect in like, every game it appears.

25 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Ah yes, Fallout New Vagas, the game my brother is a huge fan of, so much so that he collected bottle caps when he was highschool and still collects them today for traditions sake.

I'll have to put that on the list as well.

I'd like to see a Fallout: New Quetzal run, if you get around to it after all. My reccs come first though, Berwick Sgaa beckons

45 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

KfWhKGe.png

Whoops, missed that at first, so sorry for the double notification...:

X items are really, really good, actually. Obviously not as good as Sword Dance or Agility, which raise the respective stat by two stages for Pokemon that can learn them, but setting up a bunch of X items while the opponent has a non-threatening Pokemon out can trivialise a lot of the fights. One or two X Speeds to outrun the opponent's entire team, then enough X (Sp.)Attack to one-shot everything.

And let's not even begin with Gen1 X Accuracy giving every attack a 100% hit chance, including the one-hit KO moves such as Fissure and Guillotine. That was just broken, only held back by those moves' low PP.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I have a confession to make: I could never tell the difference between the engaged outfits. I liked them, cool white suits. But the differences were too minute, and things like the wings, the massive rotor blades, the domes knights get and the neon hair colors distracted from them.

I can tell the difference only because i notice their outfit depends on the emblem, while the flying thingy based on their class archetype

But if someone were to show an engaged char with no context and weapon, i wouldnt know which  emblem they engaged too

And then veronica happen, with black outfit. Like, why??

2 minutes ago, joevar said:

I can tell the difference only because i notice their outfit depends on the emblem, while the flying thingy based on their class archetype

But if someone were to show an engaged char with no context and weapon, i wouldnt know which  emblem they engaged too

I can't say I ever paid attention to the little details haha. The neon hair was too distracting.

And then veronica happen, with black outfit. Like, why??

I believe all the DLC Emblems give dark clothes, actually. I suppose it's to differentiate them some more. As if breaking the whole progression and balance of the game wasn't enough to set them apart lol

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

DLC Emblems give dark clothes,

Oh? Didnt know that

Not super interested with the dlc anyway.but I guess thats where the theory about about dlc emblem originall from the fell xenologue world, come from

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can't say I ever paid attention to the little details haha. The neon hair was too distracting

I understand they want to simulate emblem aura. But i agree it was distracting and also monotonous to me.

Edit: its boring

Edited by joevar

14 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

EHBpgNO.png

Do you think the guy who invented the Pokeball took a look at Voltorb and was like "I now know exactly how I should design this Pokemon imprisoning device"

Then again, don't proto-modern Pokeballs exists that don't look entirely like the modern ones?

The pokemon game which takes place in the past (Pokemon Legend's Arceus) has Voltorbs which look more similar to the old-timey Pokeballs they use back then. Its one of the more clever uses of the "regional variant" system some of the latter Pokemon games add in.

8 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

RZo7FHa.png5nGgrTR.png

Me

Its a fun way to play.

15 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

uHhzM92.pngEyChbh2.png

Let the record show, this town's lack of building stairs nearly killed Jesus.

Truly an ADA lawsuit in the making 😛

15 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

uH4SQBq.pngK98AFHb.png

What kind of horrific psychological conditioning do you have to do to get a Pokemon to just straight up forget a move?!

Further more, what's even the point of this guy if learning a new move allows you to forget an old move anyways?

The HM moves Pokemon can learn, can only be deleted by this guy. Also there are very niche situations where you might want to delete moves for other reasons as well, but that usually only comes up in challenge runs and the like.

17 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

KfWhKGe.png

While attacking is usually the best option, buffing your pokemon is really powerful, and those items are really busted if you know how to use them. If a trainer starts with a weak pokemon, or a pokemon which your pokemon can tank rather well, you can use those items to buff the pokemon you have out to the point that you can easily sweep the rest of the team, even if the trainer's other pokemon are really powerful.

18 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

bURR0YU.png

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T SELL ANTIDOTES?!!

What shops sell can be really random at times, although you could just use one of those Full Heal items to recover from Poison as well.

19 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

m6Fr6HD.png

So here's a fun fact, I was using my Sandslash who used dig to get that type effectiveness, while she was still underground Koga's Koffing used self destruct and killed itself leaving my Sandslash completely fine and still able to use dig on his next Pokemon.

This legitimately made me laugh out loud.

Honestly classic Koga there. In Red/Blue his Weezing is kinda infamous for exploding on the player, and giving them a far easier win (as that guy can be rather tanky), so getting the free kill on it exploding when you dig/fly is a classic, and funny strat (although I think the moveset was changed in the remake, so the Weezing doesn't blow up in this game). Its extra funny in this case, as it exploding kinda saved you, as thanks to Koffing/Weezing's levitate ability they are normally immune to ground moves.

Oh? Didnt know that

Not super interested with the dlc anyway.but I guess thats where the theory about about dlc emblem originall from the fell xenologue world, come from

Pretty much everything I want from the DLC is in wave 4. Characters, classes, the campaign... Until then, basically the only thing I'm remotely interested in is Soren's proficiencies lol

I understand they want to simulate emblem aura. But i agree it was distracting and also monotonous to me.

Edit: its boring

Eh, personally, I'm okay with them not being too distinct. They all convey "big power times" well, which is the whole point to begin with.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pretty much everything I want from the DLC is in wave 4. Characters, classes, the campaign... Until then, basically the only thing I'm remotely interested in is Soren's proficiencies lol

Eh, personally, I'm okay with them not being too distinct. They all convey "big power times" well, which is the whole point to begin with.

Well im not. Because they all have different  skill, mechanics, etc. The emblem themselves wear their signature outfit, But somehow the engaged form is kinda samey with exactly same bluish colour. Almost like the 12 are not separate entities.

I didnt expect them to wear the emblem outfit, (which could interesting too), but modern FE always love to design their outfit "different"

6 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Ruben, a secret Trails fan!? XD

301baedf1aa17dcb4721f28220c6b81a.png

Hardly! I only played a couple hours of CS like a million years ago. It was all right, but TF2 is the superior FPS.

5 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Do you think it would be considered animal cruelty if trainers evolved this Pokemon?

Gen 7 retconned Mega Evolution to be animal cruelty. But it looks cool so imma keep doing it (or I would've but Game Freak decided to drop it in favor of mid gimmicks instead).

5 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

It's required for some evolutions.

6 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Try X Accuracy in R/B/Y. XD

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't actually know, but changes were to be had indeed.

I only recall one example where it more or less went like this:

Japanese:

*three characters wonder about the topic*

English:

*one character wonders and the other two berate him for wondering*

Whether you think that's better or worse, up to you.

Not the crazy anime offensiveness in the name of "funny" I thought it would be.

For what you describe, if that's all there is, I can see someone whining about it being an overzealous change. Though I usually don't get hung up on localization and translation changes/controversies.

t's kinda like say, the Largo and Mia supports from Path of Radiance.

🚨

One of my least favorite Path of Radiance supports. I know it well. Yes Largo was a little misogynistic in the C, and I suppose it ends okay in the A, but Mia bears full responsibility for unjustifiably assaulting Largo in the B.

Gekiganger is meant to be a reference/parody of Super Robot anime, and the lead female character as a result is meant to follow the archetype as it was in those days (or rather, more to the 70's and 80's than the 90's when Nadesico came out).

The iffy status of women is not unexpected (the 70s is soooo long ago), and capable of being discerned to a degree from what I've seen in SRW. Combattler and Voltes having a woman is kinda token on the surface, nowadays you'd expect at least two ladies in a five-person SR. Playable females in AP are mostly relegated to a supportive role and join in inferior mechs by default. Gundam the Prolific I'm aware only got its first solo female lead last year.

I don't mean to be overly critical, I still play this stuff without issue. As I do Tales -no solo female lead until 2016- and stuff like SMT which even with V lacks a female protagonist option.

uH4SQBq.pngK98AFHb.png

Nothing too complicated. Get the 'mon into a semi-conscious state, and then begin repeating the same things to them over and over again. If they refuse to accept what you're saying, just keep repeating that statement until their will breaks and they believe what they hear.😈

waOESwW.png

Only in the Pokemon universe would the Safari people encourage you to throw rocks at the animals

That is rather antiquated now that you point that out. I mean, rocks are relatively harmless compared to Pokemoves, including those involving rocks, but Pokemon Snap's "Pester Balls" seem like they would've been a better solution (...although New Pokemon Snap got rid of Pester Balls I've just learned b/c the devs thought it inhumane).

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't even know how it happened. This morning is the coldest one in the last two weeks. But my room was a fucking furnace last night.

As I woke up feeling a little overheated this morning (as I oft do outside of the winter months), I can say I understand. Albeit not to that freakish degree.😅

49 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not the crazy anime offensiveness in the name of "funny" I thought it would be.

For what you describe, if that's all there is, I can see someone whining about it being an overzealous change. Though I usually don't get hung up on localization and translation changes/controversies.

Some other scenes were changed, from what I recall. I think at least one more was in the same vein as that one.

Personally, I prefer accuracy. You can add all the purple prose you want so long the actual content is unchanged.

49 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The iffy status of women is not unexpected (the 70s is soooo long ago), and capable of being discerned to a degree from what I've seen in SRW. Combattler and Voltes having a woman is kinda token on the surface, nowadays you'd expect at least two ladies in a five-person SR. Playable females in AP are mostly relegated to a supportive role and join in inferior mechs by default. Gundam the Prolific I'm aware only got its first solo female lead last year.

I don't mean to be overly critical, I still play this stuff without issue. As I do Tales -no solo female lead until 2016- and stuff like SMT which even with V lacks a female protagonist option.

I think with Gekiganger it leaned more on the character being, yes, even more of a support role. If Gekiganger itself had a three-pilot ensemble like the Getter Team, then the girl was equivalent to Michiru from Getter as well. Well, Michiru eventually also piloted something (Getter Q and the Lady Command aircraft), but I think the Gekiganger woman didn't. Or I don't know if she ever did. Probably not, otherwise the Jovians wouldn't have a problem with the women also becoming mech pilots if their role model also did.

Still, even back then there was still some treading ground. From what I recall, all the way back with Sayaka Yumi it was considered already a breaking trend. Sayaka was unlike many other heroine roles from anime at the time, apparently. Sure, there was still more to be done about it, but she was already a step forward. As in, you wouldn't have expected her to be a Tsundere and pilot a mech too in a 1972 anime, even if the Aphrodite/Diana A was still a support mech to Mazinger Z.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

X Speed on Slash!Persian.

Persian was pretty much a Swordmaster in Gen I, with Slash as its Killing Edge.

I forgot about this! Yeah stuff like this makes them very deadly -especially- in Gen I.