Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

Seifer? Xd

Thaaaaat's the one.

27 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Hide contents

1vtq0jA.jpg

Beating maddening the way the devs intended (Spoilers obvs)

And that's maddening.

One of the most fun FE experience for sure, and the punch i felt lacking in hard i got here. Most of the maps i found better on maddening than on hard, although a couple (mainly ch.19 and 22) i found weaker on maddening, as i found maddening enemy strength doesn't really mesh well with these 2 maps.

MVPs:

Alear - 12

Celine - 10

Anna - 8

Kagetsu - 4

Spoiler-chan - 3

Louis, Chloe, Clanne, Merrin and Alcryst - 1

Fair write up.

27 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Does it beat CQ Luna tho...hard question. Hard question....

From experience, just the fact it has you asking that question is good enough.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But then again, it hasn't been the first time this game has proven you wrong.

lol it's only ever proven me wrong. Except on the lack of Fates Capture. That's sadly going to remain true, it seems. F Waluigi and Brigand Waifu.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

My brother in Christ you literally made an arc about how art theft is bad.

Yes but listen to me, Armagon: money.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:
My brother in Christ you literally made an arc about how art theft is bad.

Hypocrisy? In a corporation? Likelier than you think!

Better call the real Phantom Thieves.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

lol it's only ever proven me wrong

Nel expectation: *boring stoic*

Nel actuality: "despite turning into a literal dragon, she is terrified of lizards"

I dont really play fightung game, but looking at this, it Seems like fighting game fans is also eating good this year. The game looks polished and also feels like having a proper interaction than just fight random character before continuing with cutscenes

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Nel expectation: *boring stoic*

Nel actuality: "despite turning into a literal dragon, she is terrified of lizards"

But of course, cant have a single modern FE character without gimmick for personality.

You know, by virtue of losing voted and sheer coincidence, I've actually ended up with a decently good-natured run of Triangle Strategy. I protected the oppressed at every turn, brought the crimes of the corrupt to light, didn't destroy half my demesne to defend some asshole...

...Aaaaaand now democracy strikes again. I couldn't go with Frederica's fairy tale fantasy ending even if I wanted to. The dickheads won't be swayed. I know I picked the right dialogue options from their responses, but they all still vote against me. By default Benedict wins. I mean, duh, his plan is the best by virtue of being a plan, but still. I already saw that ending, people!

I can, however, convince enough of them to go to the horrible ending. So I guess we are oppressors now. Yay.

Third-year battle theme surprised me. After the initial shock ...not bad, I suppose. They also got rid of that annoying campus theme and went with a slower, grandiose, nostalgic remix. Not like there is much to be nostalgic about, the gameplay is good, but the school isn't well-developed.

10 hours ago, ping said:

The story never clicked with me at all (...whatever.), but I loved the dork with the machine gun.

IIRC, Western audiences liked Laguna, Japan didn't as much and had a liking for Seifer. -Or so I think I heard secondhand years ago.

And I can get why Laguna would have been popular in the West, he was older and not typical at all for a JRPG. He is strange in a way, a limited-playable semi-protagonist. *Checks FF Wiki* ...His little trio was always intended as contrast to the Squall's group, but Laguna had his storyline trimmed down for several unexplained reasons (maybe the fact the game already took four discs is one of them).

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

rom experience, just the fact it has you asking that question is good enough

isn't it? Definetly upper Echleon FE for sure.

Hopefully in the future FE takes notes from it and Fates and less..everything else

Not that i want every game to be like them, as FE should keep changing imo, but for the challenge and difficulty to follow the same philosophy

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

34 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

isn't it? Definetly upper Echleon FE for sure.

Hopefully in the future FE takes notes from it and Fates and less..everything else

Not that i want every game to be like them, as FE should keep changing imo, but for the challenge and difficulty to follow the same philosophy

Man I wanna play this game again. Unfortunately it's probably going to miss my vacation. I'm not sure how many runs in a row I'll end up doing of TriStrat, but I kinda don't want to buy the DLC at release. I want to ascertain a couple of things first, because at the moment it's looking... Okay, but not 30 bucks okay, y'know? A handful of characters I'm feeling lukewarm about, extra maps for extra risk of burning out before finishing the run and Soren's weapon proficiencies are something I might take for 15 bucks.

Of course Fates Capture would ensure instant buy regardless, but the chance of that is -54% and only getting lower with each character highlight lol

Sup4FOl.png

FBI open up

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

. Okay, but not 30 bucks okay, y'know? A handful of characters I'm feeling lukewarm about, extra maps for extra risk of burning out before finishing the run and Soren's weapon proficiencies are something I might take for 15 bucks.

Imo, 30 bucks for 12 maps is quite a good price, but ymmw

51 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Its difficult to stay the same when it keeps changing, though. Xd

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

IIRC, Western audiences liked Laguna, Japan didn't as much and had a liking for Seifer. -Or so I think I heard secondhand years ago.

And I can get why Laguna would have been popular in the West, he was older and not typical at all for a JRPG. He is strange in a way, a limited-playable semi-protagonist. *Checks FF Wiki* ...His little trio was always intended as contrast to the Squall's group, but Laguna had his storyline trimmed down for several unexplained reasons (maybe the fact the game already took four discs is one of them).

Well, I've only played halfway through the game or so, so I've only experienced Laguna the young dork, although I know how he turns out to relate to the main crew. I much preferred his outgoing (if dorky) and friendly attitute to Squall, who's permanently annoyed at everybody and everything, which extends to his trio being a genuine group of friends as opposed to Squall "...whatever"-ing whenever somebody tries to talk with him.

All judgement coming with the caveats that I've played (a) only half the game (b) probably 10 years ago at this point, so maybe I'd think differently today.

I did make the experience that people talking about FF8 liked Laguna, too, although I've not really come into combat with Japanese fans, as far as I know.

6 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

It's difficult, but they proved they can do it from Fates -> Engage

Different to play, yet similar design philosophy, FE at it's peak

3 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Well, when "keeps changing" is the thing that stays the same...

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Sup4FOl.png

FBI open up

Well that's hilarious. Context?

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Imo, 30 bucks for 12 map is quite a good price, but ymmw

It's definitely a step up from previous DLCs, which is funny to say, considering how harsh I was on it at the start. It's not great, but with a 7 map campaign + 6 Emblem maps = 11 DLC maps (Houses lords have no map as far as I'm aware, good), 5 characters, 5 bracelets, 2 (super unique) classes and like a billion tinier rewards spread throughout, it offers a decent amount of value. Maybe not quite 30 bucks of value, in my opinion, but like you said, Yieldly Mauviers Muster Wonderment.

Either way, it's certainly better value than Houses's zilch until Cindered shadows - which is smaller than the Fell Xenologues alone, lest we forget - and Echoes's complete mess, which amounts to way less than Engage for a way higher total price.

...On an unrelated note, reading the good wiki's page on Engage's DLC, I discovered that apparently the little Heroes promotion will become available at the Eshop starting April 5. So I guess you can add that as a little bit of extra content for us Heroes deniers, or something.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well that's hilarious. Context?

An eroge someone on reddit was talking about, decided to look it up and found this XD

7 map campaign + 6 Emblem maps = 11 DLC maps

Math?

Echoes's complete mess, which amounts to way less than Engage for a way higher total price.

Echoes DLC was more expensive than the game itself lmao

Fates and Awakening had pretty good dlc tho.

HoF was 15 bucks, and most other maps were like ~2€ a piece or smth.

It's Echoes and 3H where they were...meh.

I discovered that apparently the little Heroes promotion will become available at the Eshop starting April 5. So I guess you can add that as a little bit of extra content for us Heroes deniers, or something.

I dl'd heroes, got the rewards, then deinstalled lol

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I dl'd heroes, got the rewards, then deinstalled lol

Haha, same. I hadn't touched Heroes since 2017 (only played a couple weeks when it came out). lol