Feh Channel - August 1st, 2022

I'm not sure what's scarier, the Tier 4 B skills or the inheritable Canto weapons.

Spoiler

You bet your ass Silvia will be eating Rickard alive the second he shows up in my barracks.

Edited by Some Jerk

Uh ... I am legitimately baffled by Cath being a 5-star exclusive unit on the Thieves banner over Sothe, and being so premium as a matter of fact. Is Cath overall more popular than Sothe, even accounting for potential "wasn't-in-the-game-until-recently bias"? Of all "thief"-like characters, I wouldn't have considered Cath to be liked enough to be premium ...

Also, someone at IS must really love Kagero. There's no other way to explain her getting two alts and a backpack before Saizo, Tsubaki, Azama, or Setsuna get anything. Is she even still popular?

Besides that, I actually can't complain. The new mode looks interesting enough too.

Rickard!!!

New take on Hall of Forms looks fun. And the expected summoning pool changes, which finally adds Duo Ephraim into the regular pool. That'll be a funny way to get him.

And finally, B skills get to Tier 4.

Yeah, I'm not really digging this new Special Heroes banner though the character choices might have a lot to do with it.

11 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Is Cath overall more popular than Sothe, even accounting for potential "wasn't-in-the-game-until-recently bias"?

Sothe was 147th in CYL6 while Cath was 315th, so no.

As for Kagero, she is still decently popular (134th in CYL6, coincidently Niles placed directly ahead of her). Those other Hoshidan characters you named are all about 100 places lower than Kagero in CYL6 (except Azama, he's all the way down at 414th).

The thing that makes me most happy is Fiora getting kicked out of the 5* pool she has shown up too many times and her not being there any more makes me so glad.  The new mode looks interesting so I look forward to it.  I might try for Sothe but I'm not inerested in anyone else on the banner since I like harmonics better then duos.  

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Sothe was 147th in CYL6 while Cath was 315th, so no.

Lol

Just now, Tybrosion said:

As for Kagero, she is still decently popular (134th in CYL6, coincidently Niles placed directly ahead of her). Those other Hoshidan characters you named are all about 100 places lower than Kagero in CYL6 (except Azama, he's all the way down at 414th).

That's fair, but I'm not 100% sure if it justifies Kagero having so many alts when even Niles only ever got one.

Heck, if Bartre, Juno, and Zelot get alts then I think it's okay for Tsubaki, Saizo, Setsuna, and Azama to have at least one so they're not forever stuck with crappy launch BST only version syndrome.

What really wounds me about this thief banner is that Leila got an alt before Matthew. They could have at least made Leila and Matthew the duo unit, it literally would have been the most perfect thing they could have done aside from maybe Julian/Rickard.

I will give credit where it's due, I was not expecting them to switch things up with the Pirate banner.

I was thinking that while one-off seasonals could happen if they did a seasonal two years in a row it would mean that it was a new staple, but clearly that's not the case.
I'm happy to know this because it means we are not 100% getting a new Crusaders' Festival, Ninja and Desert banner and those slots could go to new themes which is awesome for two reasons:

1. It keeps things fresh.
  2. Some of my most wanted seasonals do not exist yet. I'm talking Cooking, I'm talking Sports, I'm talking F***ing Victorian Maids and Butlers.

Pretty good FEH channel all around.

18 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

What really wounds me about this thief banner is that Leila got an alt before Matthew. They could have at least made Leila and Matthew the duo unit, it literally would have been the most perfect thing they could have done aside from maybe Julian/Rickard.

I agree. Leila without Matthew feels wrong. There's a reason we have exactly 2 Pents and 2 Louises. I do not demand they be the duo unit because I don't think either of them are popular enough even compared to other FE7 characters, but they should have thrown out Sothe/Cath for Matthew.

I usually skip Hero Fests, but this one has Muspell and Nifl on it, so I'm interested! As for the new seasonal, eh... I'm glad Sothe's getting some attention, and I'm super glad Ricken's finally here! He's so cute in this -- so eager to impress his teacher! X3 I'm glad he's free. I wonder who the demote is. I hope I can get Sothe, but I'm basically out of orbs after failing to summon Askr. XD; The new event (the enclosures thing) is so perfectly themed, and it looks like it could be really fun! I'm looking forward to trying it!

• Free Forma Soul? Cool. Free GHB units starting from Yen'day? Nice. Bunch of other crap? Always appreciated.
  • The Fire and Ice gang are all finally in a single banner together, and with 11 total free first summons? Hopefully I can get at least one freebie focus hero with those.
  • ...Nina feel specifically targeted at me.
    Also good thing these guys aren't actually trying to be sneaky thieves, cause they would all fail IMMEDIATELY.
  • Alm and Naga will be getting remixed next? Sweet. Duo Ephraim will finally be available for summoning again? About freaking time. All the other demoted units are actually pretty alright, if slightly dated, so this is a sound number of additions to the 4* special pool.
  • Binding Worlds looks interesting.

And we also have promise of another Feh Channel for Choose Your Legends. Overall neat. Shame Nina is coming so close to CYL... because I will be desperately needing her.

The new Hero Fest does very little for me as I already have all 4 units. Guess I'll use the tickets to try and stock up on Hardy Fighter fodder. 

Pirates were replaced with thieves, eh? Can't say I'm the biggest fan of those outfits, and even less about the characters they chose for the banner. Still, CYL comes right after this so I'd guess that's why IS used less profitable characters here. 

Naga gaining Dive Bomb is great, I'm glad I held off on merging my 3 Nagas so now I can fodder one to Cordelia. 

Binding Worlds is a variant of Hall of Forms, but it's now based on getting kills and then using a random unit from other players that can go up to level 99. Not that I think it'll be hard at all, but this mode screams Canto dominance. 

Kita Senri's art is always so damned good, as expected of the Tellius games' official artist. Sure, the girls all look great, but Sothe's idle art is definitely my favorite of the bunch.

As far as character picks, I have no real objections. It's nice to see Nina get an alt. Never really cared about Ricard, though. I'm pretty sure I just used Julian in FE3, though it's hard to remember since it's been well over a decade since I last played the game.

I find it a bit weird that Cath and Nina are cavalry. Horses are good for a speedy getaway, but not particularly good for stealth. I feel like they should've made all of the units infantry or fliers. Maybe with one of the infantry getting +1 movement like Yuri or teleportation like Ninja Igrene to fit the theme.

This banner is making it difficult for me to figure out how I want to split up my budget for the next month or so with both CYL and the FGO summer event coming up later this month, though I suppose that's why I've been saving up a separate gacha fund specifically for FGO summer (I still don't want to use that much of it, though).

I'm not surprised we're finally getting tier-4 B skills. They feel like they've been long overdue, as there are a bunch of B skills that are in serious need of an upgrade. The Weaponbreaker skills have been almost completely irrelevant ever since Null Follow-Up made them useless against a lot of faster units. Brash Assault has been shit ever since it was released at launch. It's a bit of a bummer that the first one will be a Chill skill, though. They're not amazing in their slot, but they don't really need an upgrade quite yet.

Florid Cane being an inheritable sword with Canto is pretty cool, though we can't tell yet if it's Canto (Rem.+1) or Canto (1). And it also has +5 Atk/Spd.

Remix for Alm is pretty tame. Makes sense since Alm isn't too outdated compared to his competition simply by virtue of Lunar Flash being a really good Special skill. Lunar Flash II only gains the ability to ignore percentage damage reduction like Deadeye. Time's Pulse already has pretty good distribution with 14 other units having the skill, 4 of which are Legendary or Mythic Heroes.

Naga's remix is pretty nice. Divine Fang+ grants an additional +6 Atk/Spd as a Bonus to herself and allies within 2 spaces as well as a guaranteed follow-up on player phase as a status effect. Quite solid. Dive-Bomb as the new skill is rather nice, too, given that it has pretty low distribution. Those 17 spare copies of Naga I have will now see some use.

Duo Ephraim being dropped to the 4-star SR pool is cool.

It's nice of them to make it so that I don't have to pull much from the Hero Fest. I already have Nifl, Fjorm, and Laegjarn at +10, and Muspell is close at +8, so I don't really have any need to pull for any of them. But if there's a spark, I'll probably take it. And then learn my lesson and not go for a plus-one.

Binding Worlds looks like it could be pretty fun. Like Hall of Forms, but even more random.

I'll include translation notes when we actually get the banner trailer.

It is nice that I finally get confirmation on the pronunciations of Muspell's and Nifl's epithets, though: 炎神 (enshin) for Muspell and 氷神 (hyōshin) for Nifl.

I was expecting something special for the weapon refinery since they'd usually have given an update notification by now, even if it would be pretty barren on account of the upcoming FEH Channel, but I guess they held it off just so they could show Alm's and Naga's remixes in the FEH Channel.

I like the look of Binding Worlds, assuming it doesn't somehow become more PvP nonsense.

46 minutes ago, Jave said:

Looks like Chill Def/Res 3 is our first Tier 4 B skill.

And yeah, inheritable Canto Sword. That's just scary.

Dagger, too. The map ended and Sothe isn't grayed out after his action, meaning he activated Canto.

Someone must really like Kagero indeed, but not enough to save her duo alt for her best friend instead of giving it to a child unit she has little chance to even meet. 😔 Nina makes sense for this banner, but I wish she had a different backpack that doesn't destroy Orochi's pretty much only chance to be featured in a seasonal.

...wait no, Kagero is the backpack, I can still hope. Maybe.

Surprised not to see the pirates banner this year (I had hope for pirate herons, it could have been hilarious), but this is a fun theme, most of the outfits and art are stylish (Cath I love the cat theme but please find yourself a different artist and put on some pants, you're what, 15 at best), Kita Senri knocks it out of the park again and Sothe gets a solo alt (even if he still appears to have one and only one thing in mind), Rickard looks cute and I don't mind him for a free unit. It's just a shame that Leila is here without Matthew, indeed. I'd have taken them as a duo over the featured one (or, if they really wanted a Nina duo, at least do Nina and Niles, it's not like he's swimming in alts either and it would have made more sense).

Scattered thoughts:

- I like the return of the rotating seasonal theme and look forward to ninjas being gone as well.

- This specific banner though is not up my alley with its weird costumes. I like thieves, I always play one in RPGs and have always disliked the sanitised "rogue", so I take my thieving very seriously. 😉

- Duo Ephraim finally leaving limbo is cool, I've pulled a few copies of him previously so not all that important for me to get more, but it bothered me how he was treated as as special case.

- The Hero Fest is alright, but rather hampered by the lack of any Duo/Harmonic units. I may not have any of the units on offer, but aside from the Floretes there's nothing exceptional to be had.

- Actually since I'm typing this after the reset, I figure I may as well do the pulls now. And looking at Muspell and Nifl's skills for the first time, I see they have AR skills instead of real ones. So scratch those, I'll just pull green and grey on all ticket rounds.

- Two remixed Legendaries are good. I have both those units so I benefit.

- New modes have been a miss lately, so hopefully they're due for a hit. I tuned out when they went into the details though.

Another new mode that doesn't involve My Summoner.

The themed banner looks interesting and the designs are cool, but too close to CYL. Might get canto sword for my Cain though. I don't understand why Kagero is the backpack, this is the most perplexing duo that confused me throughout the entire video.

Done the 11 pulls on Hero Fest banner and not even a pitybreak. 

Naga C skill refine makes her a good support. L!Alm is gonna be pain to deal with again, his weapon isn't too outdated and even a tame refine would up his offensive prowess. 

8 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

I'm not sure what's scarier, the Tier 4 B skills or the inheritable Canto weapons.

Hide contents

You bet your ass Silvia will be eating Rickard alive the second he shows up in my barracks.

I will make a guess here and say these weapons will have the following description: If unit is a cavalry or flying unit, grants [Canto] to unit.

I can see the Atk/Spd+5 being for everyone that uses it, but the Canto effect I can see being exclusive to cavalry and fliers, even though we have example of canto in infantry units like Nailah and Dimitri. Don't get me wrong... I would love to have these canto effects in melee and armor, if possible, but I am prepared for the worst.

For the canto effects, the dagger should be [Canto], while the sword may be [Canto (Rem.)].

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I think I am line with most of you here. I like the point about if you are already giving two thieves horsies, why don't we make the other thieves flyers. That said, Sothe is really my only interest in the banner. If they had done Ashe (which I realize would be two alts and no regular unit) then I would have been interested there. (I understand that a lot of people are over three houses, but, still Ashe is a good boy.)

I am personally happy with the Hero Fest, especially picking up Laegjarn on the first free pull. Plus, statistically since I am pulling for Fjorm, I should be able to get the Balthus units that I need to complete my +10 project.

The new mode is ... a new mode.

The new skills are exciting.

10 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

lThey could have at least made Leila and Matthew the duo unit, it literally would have been the most perfect thing they could have done aside from maybe Julian/Rickard.

I would love a Julian/Rickard duo, although neither are popular enough to be considered for that. In the CYL rankings, Julian is in the high 300s (closer to 400 than 300) and Rickard dropped into the mid-400s this year.

8 hours ago, Kori said:

Surprised not to see the pirates banner this year (I had hope for pirate herons, it could have been hilarious), but this is a fun theme, most of the outfits and art are stylish 

I was really hoping for pirate Reyson. He’s one of my favorite Tellius characters, and want him to someday have an alt.

1 hour ago, jameslove001 said:

If they had done Ashe (which I realize would be two alts and no regular unit) then I would have been interested there. (I understand that a lot of people are over three houses, but, still Ashe is a good boy.)

Ashe would be wonderful! In my speculative phantom thief seasonal banner idea, I had Ashe and Shura as a Harmonic Hero, since they’re both former thieves who regret their actions and want to be good, and also I like the idea of a Harmonic with characters with significant age differences.

Yaaaaaaay! Rickard is now in Heroes, AND is a free Tempest Trial unit AND his alt has a theme I really love! He’s my second most-wanted (no pun intended) character behind Shura.

I’m thrilled about this banner on several levels. I love kaitou/phantom thieves, and Rickard is now in Heroes! A while back (I wish I could find the topic) I came up with a phantom thief-themed banner. Of the characters I speculated, I think Nina is the only one on this banner, and I might have added Rickard and Cath. 

But the timing is absolutely awful. This Tempest Trial is going to run right during my honeymoon, and I think it starts the day after the month of Feh Pass I got to spark for Legendary Xander and get Resplendent Corrin ends.

I may summon for Sothe, but I’m also saving orbs in anticipation for several upcoming New Heroes banners I’m interested in—Fates, Path of Radiance, Archanea and Awakening—which will probably happen consecutively and drain my orbs.

6 hours ago, Humanoid said:

This specific banner though is not up my alley with its weird costumes. I like thieves, I always play one in RPGs and have always disliked the sanitised "rogue", so I take my thieving very seriously.

They don't properly say what the actual theme of the banner is in the English video, but it's "phantom thieves" ("怪盗" (kaitō) in Japanese, which is mentioned in the Japanese video), the trope where the thief leaves a calling card before the heist to tip off the law enforcement, still manages to steal the goods from under their noses, then makes a flashy getaway. Cath, Leila, and Sothe's outfits are quite typical of the trope (the typical male outfit is masquerade ball; the typical female outfit is somewhere on the spectrum between masquerade ball and Catwoman; bonus points for having a top hat) with the others being a bit more stylized.

So they are proper thieves and not just "rogues". The origin of the trope is Arsène Lupin, and the origins of the typical outfit are Lupin and Catwoman.

Edited by Ice Dragon

@Ice Dragon I can picture those elaborate parties rich people hold where they might stage some sort of mystery heist as entertainment, yeah.

In general I do feel Fire Emblem is pretty good about having thieves be thieves instead of the tiresome trend of supplanting them with rogues who are simply lightly-armoured dual-wielding fighters in most games. Hate hate hate that trope.