Fire Emblem: Pyrathi Warlords [Complete]

Jotari

46 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Is there a playable pyrathianย pirate in this hack?

Yes. He's introduced in the last chapter of the currently playable demo and becomes playable in the following chapter, which has been made but not released yet. Whether you want to imagine he's that one pirate from Old Mystery is up to you.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting this here more for my own benefit than anything else. It's the class list for the game. First columb is the base class, second is the Archanean promotion and the third is the Pyrathi promotion. All of the Archanean classes will function like they do in the DS games.ย 

Base Class Archanean Class Pyrathi Class
Cavalier Paladin
Dark Knight (Sword, lance magic cav)
Knight General
Fortress Knight (Sword, lance axe armour)
Pegasus Knight Draco Knight
Falcon Knight(Sword lance flier)?
Mercenary Hero ย 
Myrmidon Sword Master
Mortal Savant (Magic Sword)
Fighter Warrior ย 
Pirate Berserker ย 
Bigand Berserker ย 
Thief ย  Trickster (Sword, Staff)
Archer Sniper Adventurer (Bow, Staff)?
Hunter Horseman Adventurer (Bow, Staff)?
Mage Sage
Mage Fighter (Magic Sword)
Curate/Preistess Bishop
War Monk/Cleric (Axe Staff)
Dark Mager Sorcerer
Overlord (Axe Magic Armour)

ย 

Falcon Knight and Trickster have not been decided yet. Falcon Knight I'm wavering between making it available with an Elysian Whip, like in the DS games and thus having Pegasus Knight three promotion options, or just making Falcon Knight the alternate promotion. I'm leaning a bit more towards only Falcon Knight as I feel any alternative I can come up with (Seraph Knight lance and staff, or Dark Pegasus, lance and magic) would just be plain better than Falcon Knight, which wouldn't work well if you have to actively get an Elysian Whip, making it a more difficult class to reach.

Fate's Adventurer class seems like the obvious promotion to one of the bow wielding classes, I'm just not sure which one.

Mercenary, Fighter, Brigand and Pirate I have no set ideas for yet. I could make one of the axes promote into War Monk, but I kind of want to avoid two units promoting to the same class (I might even replace Berserker with Barbarian as a promotion for Brigand, as Barbarians were kind of Brigand's promotion in Old Mystery). I'll probably throw magic on one of them, but that still leaves the question of what to do with the other two. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to share.

Here's a video of an animation original to this project. I didn't make it myself, but the guy that did just made it as a gif, so I had to put in the work to actually make it a functioning battle animation. I'm pretty proud of the result.

23 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Are Soldier and Manakete (FIre and mage tribe brethern)ย available for OCs?

I had dismissed the idea of a Soldier since they don't promote in Archanea, but now that I've factored in my new Pyrathi promotion lines, I'm thinking a playable soldier could be a good idea.

As for a Manakete, I'm not just going to throw one in out of no where for the sake of having one. It'll be because they're a major plot character. And it'll also be in the back half of the game, which I'm still far from making (I'm doing chapter 8 now and I'm hoping the game will have about 25 chapters, plus or minus a few Gaidens). I do plan on showing some manakete pilgrims in the next chapter, however.

Looking at what you are planning, I have two ideas for other characters:

Renzak

A hunter and former arena gladiator fromย Knorda. He was son of a merchant, but his mother died when he was born. When he was young, Renzakย gotten himself in trouble with a minor noble while working for his father. The noble hadย his father killed an took Renzak as child slave as punishment.ย ย He begged the nobleย a few years later to grant him a chance of freedom. The noble told him that if he won ten rounds of gladiatorial combat in a row, he would grant him his freedom.ย For seven years, Renzak, fought in the arena, with mixed results. But then one day, he had won ten fights in a row in one day. But the noble reneged on the offer and tried to have Renzak killed. However, Renzar turned the tables on the noble wounding him in the process, and escaped to Pyrathi.

He's a little slower then an average hunter and his luck would be a bit shaky, but he'sย a bit bulkier then average.

ย 

Sarina

A mysterious black-haired 'cleric' who appired in Pyrathi shortly after the War of Shadows. Though she speaksย meekly and courteously to others, her remarks seem snide and bitter. The fact that she travels alone where bandits often roam belie that there is something amiss with her. The one thing the many who meet her notice is that the Barrier staff she carries is in fact a Pure Swordย . If one is perseptive enough, they could notice the faint accent of one who lived in the Samsooth Mountains. This is because she is, in truth, a Soothsire myrmidon who has worked with Julien and Rickard on jobs, dispite her dislike for Rickard.ย Sheย was on one such job, posing as a cleric,ย when Marth lead his troops through the Samsooth Mountains, killing Reynard to reachย Aurelis. She does not know that Julien betrayed the Soothsires to save Lena and currently resides in Macedon, believing he had perished.

Her magic and Res growth is lower then it should be for a cleric, but she starts off with 2 points in Str and a bit more Hp as well.

22 minutes ago, KKAfterbrun said:

Looking at what you are planning, I have two ideas for other characters:

Renzak

A hunter and former arena gladiator fromย Knorda. He was son of a merchant, but his mother died when he was born. When he was young, Renzakย gotten himself in trouble with a minor noble while working for his father. The noble hadย his father killed an took Renzak as child slave as punishment.ย ย He begged the nobleย a few years later to grant him a chance of freedom. The noble told him that if he won ten rounds of gladiatorial combat in a row, he would grant him his freedom.ย For seven years, Renzak, fought in the arena, with mixed results. But then one day, he had won ten fights in a row in one day. But the noble reneged on the offer and tried to have Renzak killed. However, Renzar turned the tables on the noble wounding him in the process, and escaped to Pyrathi.

He's a little slower then an average hunter and his luck would be a bit shaky, but he'sย a bit bulkier then average.

ย 

Sarina

A mysterious black-haired 'cleric' who appired in Pyrathi shortly after the War of Shadows. Though she speaksย meekly and courteously to others, her remarks seem snide and bitter. The fact that she travels alone where bandits often roam belie that there is something amiss with her. The one thing the many who meet her notice is that the Barrier staff she carries is in fact a Pure Swordย . If one is perseptive enough, they could notice the faint accent of one who lived in the Samsooth Mountains. This is because she is, in truth, a Soothsire myrmidon who has worked with Julien and Rickard on jobs, dispite her dislike for Rickard.ย Sheย was on one such job, posing as a cleric,ย when Marth lead his troops through the Samsooth Mountains, killing Reynard to reachย Aurelis. She does not know that Julien betrayed the Soothsires to save Lena and currently resides in Macedon, believing he had perished.

Her magic and Res growth is lower then it should be for a cleric, but she starts off with 2 points in Str and a bit more Hp as well.

I like these two, especially the first. Not sure where I'll fit them in though. Might have the two of them pop up together on the Pilgrim's Road. The next chapter I'm planning.

Okay. Big update to the demo. The game is playable up until Chapter 8. After which you can get access to Pyrathi promotions (Master Seals are now available as early as the Port Warren chapter, though you probably won't want to be, or be capable of, promoting that early). All classes are available. Though there's no actual part of the game to try them out on, unless you want to just play whatever remains of Vanilla Sacred Stones by continuing. Pegasus Riders do not promote using Salamander Statues, as I'm turning the presence of Pegasi into something of a plot point and wanted to implement the whole Master Seal/Elysian Whip dichotomy Shadow Dragon went with (the first Elysian Whip will be available in the next chapter). I also plan on putting in Dread Contracts so Thieves can have two promotion options. Oh, and the main characters now have custom portraits of their own made by me using the portrait builder. I hope everyone can spend a few hours playing the new chapters and tell me what you think of them. There won't be any more updates in December as I'm off on a holiday without my laptop later in the week. Enjoy your own Christmas and New Year.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzhp0f9aeh58tw2/PyrathiProject.zip?dl=0

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2022 at 10:37 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

ย 

Damian

Formerly (for obvious reasons) the personal chef to Mannu. Hailing from Pyrathi's back-country, he has a slight funny accent. Supports between Damian and other characters would be a great way to delve into the sort of person Mannu might've been when he wasn't a throne-bound boss, but he's not an entirely reliable narrator. Though mostly indifferent to politics, he has a tendency to stop short of saying anything negative about Mannu. It's rude to speak ill of the dead, and impolite to talk rudely about your superiors. Even the dead ones. He also tends to weave embellished tales which are overly long and full of superfluous details while skipping over more important things he either doesn't know or doesn't really care about. This applies to any story he tells, even ones about his personal life, sometimes casually mentioning some absurd event while spending hours recounting routine fishing trips. He always carries around his lucky charm- a cast iron skillet which is older than most of the cast and more valuable to him than the love of women (he is heterosexual). If you damage the seasoning, he will kill you. He joins as a fighter with high weapon rank, high luck, extremely high strength, and even more extreme skill. His other stats are kinda mid, but his high joining level means he can promote to warrior and function as a sniper if one-shotting enemies with effective weapons isn't working out for you.

Damian is one of those characters I have few opportunities for including in the plot, but Engage having a dedicated chef for a character, somewhat coincidentally, has inspired me slightly. And with Cooking now a recurring feature of the series, I've decided to implement it in a limited form. You get a free item for every chapter you field Damian in. Either by talking to him with Christopher each chapter or at the end of each chapter. Not sure which. At the end feels more like a thing rather than a series of conversations you need to go out of your way to get when you're trying to kill things, but it would be easier to implement and having it at the end of a chapter could run into tonal problems (not that him handing out food on the battle field isn't absurd, but at least it would be consistent absurdity). In either regards, what kind of items you get will depend on Damian's level. I think Vulneries from level 1-15, elixirs from 16-10 promoted, and an item to increase maximum HP from 11-20 promoted. I think it could make for a nice bonus incentive to field him, though I might need to make his combat weak to balance it.

14 hours ago, Jotari said:

Damian is one of those characters I have few opportunities for including in the plot, but Engage having a dedicated chef for a character, somewhat coincidentally, has inspired me slightly.

Speaking of Engage, I have not worked on any maps in part because I've been hammering away at that. Let me know if you have something specific you want worked on, though.

As for the mechanic, I think it's a fun idea. Handing out items through talk conversations sounds like the best implementation to me, since it's simple to both understand and implement, with limited conditionals, and you could put some chapter-appropriate flavor text in each talk conversation. One thing I don't like is the items themselves, though. I think using healing items is a little bit generic and loses the flavor this is ostensibly supposed to provide.

I think the most consistent thing with the standard implementation is making the food items like tonics, but I'm not sure if those have been implemented in the hacking scene, yet. Though someone might be working on it, who knows. Failing that, meals could provide both a stat boost and penalty depending on the dish, making them into "stat-rearranging" items than the more powerful stat-boosters. Not sure negative stat boosters are a thing. There is stuff like the Afa's Drops and Juna Fruit, items which are incredibly weak and could probably be re-imagined as food. Juna Fruit is literally a fruit already.

58 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Speaking of Engage, I have not worked on any maps in part because I've been hammering away at that. Let me know if you have something specific you want worked on, though.

As for the mechanic, I think it's a fun idea. Handing out items through talk conversations sounds like the best implementation to me, since it's simple to both understand and implement, with limited conditionals, and you could put some chapter-appropriate flavor text in each talk conversation. One thing I don't like is the items themselves, though. I think using healing items is a little bit generic and loses the flavor this is ostensibly supposed to provide.

I think the most consistent thing with the standard implementation is making the food items like tonics, but I'm not sure if those have been implemented in the hacking scene, yet. Though someone might be working on it, who knows. Failing that, meals could provide both a stat boost and penalty depending on the dish, making them into "stat-rearranging" items than the more powerful stat-boosters. Not sure negative stat boosters are a thing. There is stuff like the Afa's Drops and Juna Fruit, items which are incredibly weak and could probably be re-imagined as food. Juna Fruit is literally a fruit already.

Yeah, I would ideally like to make it work like tonics, especially since that's how cooking tends to actually work in the games it's featured in, but Tonics don't seem to be something the hacking community has produced yet. I have upped the price of the Vulnerary equivalent, however, so it can be sold and not just uselessly hoarded.

Edited by Jotari

• Jotari changed the title to Fire Emblem: Pyrathi 609
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2022 at 9:24 AM, KKAfterbrun said:

Sarina

ย 

Sarina has been implemented now. And I found a wonderful battle animation that fits her exactly.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Klokinator/FE-Repo/main/Battle%20Animations/Infantry%20-%20(Swd)%20Mercenaries%20and%20Heroes/%5BMercenary-Reskin%5D%20%5BF%5D%20Serra%20by%20Raiden/1.%20Sword/Sword.gif

Have to recolour the hair to black, but it's great and hilarious there's actually an animation out there of a mercenary trying to disguise herself as a cleric.

• 1 month later...

@AnonymousSpeed @lenticular @FlyingKitsune @๐™‡๐™ค๐™ ๐™ž @Shanty Pete's 1st Mate @eclipse @KKAfterbrun @Vicious Sal

CCing everyone who suggested a character concept for this project. First off, thanks for all the suggestions, pretty much everything suggested has made it in in some form. There are now 29 characters in the playable cast and 20 chapters of the planned 23 per route have been finished (not sure how many chapters will be shared between the routes just yet). So the project has pretty much taken form. Still a lot more to do as a whole other route will take time, as will the final chapters of the A route, but the structure of what it is is very much in place. The one big hole is, of course, supports. Which is why I'm updating you guys specifically. You've all suggested character/plot ideas and now they've been implemented, how enthusiastic do you feel about fleshing out those ideas via supports? And also, what characters would you even like to see support with other characters? I am prepared to write all the supports myself if need be, but the more people involved the less I have to do and, in general, I think the more fun the project would be.

And if anyone has any more character ideas I do still need a second hunter, fighter and brigand.

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

how enthusiastic do you feel about fleshing out those ideas via supports?

Haha, I'd love to do this! I'll just get there... eventually...

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

how enthusiastic do you feel about fleshing out those ideas via supports

I am but I've been trying to brainstorm ideas for some but I've been struggling real hard I can't lie, especially because I have no writing experience

Oh man I forgot about this. Cool to see the development!ย 

Is there a list of all characters/motivations/general plot line for plot important characters? That'd give me a bit of a direction for what supports would feel natural and organic.

And I will think of characters as well

46 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Is there a list of all characters/motivations/general plot line for plot important characters? That'd give me a bit of a direction for what supports would feel natural and organic.

I would like a list of all this as wellย 

1 hour ago, Vicious Sal said:

ย 

26 minutes ago, ๐™‡๐™ค๐™ ๐™ž said:

The game itself is available to play from a download link in the OP. That will show you, not only the characters recruitment chapters but also the character designs I've went with (mostly recolours and hair cuts of the existing gba portraits).

Edited by Jotari

Honestly, I totally forgot I ever made such a suggestion! I need to try this game over the weekend.

On 12/2/2022 at 3:20 AM, Jotari said:

Roger's Mytery of the Emblem ending says he never managed to actually get very far with any women, so I would need to insist they actually break up in their ending or supports.

You know what? Game on. Let me see what I can come up with...

On 12/2/2022 at 9:14 PM, Jotari said:

I've decided to call her Sheeda, asย  a joke about how unintuitive Caeda is as a spelling. Here is her temporary portrait.

WMm5x8W.png

It's meant to be Shiida with a unibrow,ย  but it's probably looks more like a circlet.

Ah great! I will definitely need to see her in the game itself, too.

12 hours ago, Jotari said:

supports

I would actually be interested in giving that a shot, but I'd like to get more acquainted with the demo first. That might also help with figuring out where a hunter, fighter, and brigand might go for gameplay purposes.

8 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I would actually be interested in giving that a shot, but I'd like to get more acquainted with the demo first. That might also help with figuring out where a hunter, fighter, and brigand might go for gameplay purposes.

The game also lacks pre-promotes with there only being two (the Jeigan and the final character). That's mostly because I wanted to avoid the "Nemi is the only archer" scenario and offer two options for every branched promotion, so a lot of the later game recruits come at level 15-17 where they might otherwise be pre-promotes. This I am mostly fine with, but if any more character ideas that do jump out fit well in the story and as a prepromote class, especially the Pyrathi classes, then they'd be welcome.

17 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

ย 

16 hours ago, ๐™‡๐™ค๐™ ๐™ž said:

ย 

16 hours ago, FlyingKitsune said:

I can try and make a list later.

I was thinking on it and a lot of the information is dispersed about this thread and in battle convos or justย  in my head, so a list is still useful even with the game available to play. Here is a link to a google doc with every character, their recruitment conditions, a brief blurb about them and who their (current) support partners are. The support partners are mostly random, based on whatever character from Sacred Stones I pasted over, though some intentional pairs were made from family members/established relationships. Support partners are also not set in stone, so if there's two characters you think should support, just suggest them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RfEA3lu9YuyQtTmQbRByphJZl9a-vOcpifNJaCxwBfY/edit?usp=sharing

And I'll see if I can paste the list here in a spoiler comment....and I can, but the character portraits didn't get carried along with the paste, so I reccomend the link.

Spoiler
Character Picture Info Base Class Recruitment Current Support Partners
Christopher ย  The main character. Gained fame by becoming a skilled commander in the previous war against Hardin's forces. Initaly a very nice guy who tries to avoid fighting, but the stress and growing expectation of him to solve the political strife gradually causes him to become more bitter and angry. His father was killed by Ogma in Marth's inital invasion and he has since lost the rest of his family. War Hero Automatically from Chapter 1 Ceres
Jones
Scoth
Agnes
Blase
Edd
Dolores
Enoch ย  The advisor character playing the August archtype. Encourages Christopher to seize more power. The lord of Ember Village and father of Genevieve and Cleo (strict father, does not get along well with his daughters). Initally tasked with commanding the border castle. Conversation with a boss called Bourke best sums up the character, see reference. Dark Knight Joins briefly in Prologue. Rejoins automatically at the end of Chapter 3 Louis
Virgin
Damian
Soz
Thalia
Cleo
Genevieve
Caesar ย  The advisor character playing the Dryas archtype. He encourages Christopher to have a more nuanced view of Marth's invasion. Despite being a foil to Enoch, he is still a mercenary and can be very pragmatic with his advice. Mercenary NPC talk in Chapter 3 Edd
Ceres
Scoth
Missie
Radd
Laim
Ceres ย  Christopher's wife and a major character. Plays the role of Christopher's moral compass as he gradually gets more stressed in the latter half. In Marth's inital invasion she convinced Christopher not to fight in defense of Pyrathi. Christopher agreed, but his father died during the fighting. She feels guilt for this but does not actually regret convincing him not to fight. Dancer Joins briefly in Chapter 1. Rejoins automatically at the end of Chapter 12 Rostoe
Caesar
Cleo

Christopher
Rene
Thalia
Columba ย  Christopher's friend from Ember Village. A pretty boy archer. He's androgynous in appearance, almost elfin (possibly he has a tiny bit of manakete ancestry five or six generations back?). He's also completely oblivious. He's completely asexual and aromantic, and he doesn't notice that women tend to fawn over him, and even if he did then he wouldn't know why and certainly wouldn't have any interest in acting on it. Instead, he's mostly interested in reading historical novels and playing chess. Hunter Automatically from Chapter 1 Virgin
Damian
Roger
Rene
Genevieve
Genevieve ย  Daughter of Enoch and sister of Cleo. Think of her as a cross between L'Arachel and Meg. She yearns to get out and see the world in all its splendor... but she's also a little bit terrified of it. She has a personality along the lines of the quixotic, overbearing nobelwoman (L'Arachel, Serra, Clair), but tinged with a slight layer of cowardice. She has a good heart, though, and her character arc would be about overcoming her fears and actually getting out and really living life to the fullest outside her family's manor. Knight Automatically in Chapter 1 Damian
Louis
Cleo
Balaam
Columba
Enoch
Cleo ย  Daughter of Enoch and sister of Genevieve. Someone that looked up to strong authority figures all her life, due to her father's sexist beliefs she always struggled with her gender and wanted to become a man, so when she became of age she did anything she could to bulk up and do things that many in her village found too masculine just to spite them. After a while, she became quite capable with a sword and was able to take out multiple targets without much trouble Myrmidon Automatically in Chapter 1 Blase
Ceres
Genevieve
Radd
Virgin
Enoch
Louis ย  One of Christopher's childhood friends and fought alongside him in the previous war. When the peace broke down in the capital he did not take a side and instead rushed to inform Christopher. Cavalier Reinforcement from Turn 2 of Chapter 1 Enoch
Genevieve
Dolores
Roger
Laim
Damian ย  Mannu's personal chef. During Marth's storming of the capital he was injured and forgot his receipres. He retired to Ember Village, but discovered fighting helped him remember how to cook. At the end of (most) chapters he is deployed, he will give the player and item whoose quality will vary with his level. Fighter Visit house in Chapter 1 Scoth
Rostoe
Enoch
Columba
Genevieve
Virgin ย  One of Enoch's spies. Had an uncle in the Teeth (implied to be Hyman). Very talkative and has a habbit of sneaking up on people. Seems oblivious that his name is strange. Thief Automatically from Chapter 2 Columba
Cleo
Enoch
Balaam
Hev
Agnes ย  One of Danu's Dark Mages. Felt guilty about ambushing Christopher and joined his side. She also became quite smitten with him. Dark Mage Enemy talk in Chapter 2 with Christopher Rene
Scoth
Callahan
Hev
Sheeda
Christopher
Radd ย  See Radd's New Mystery supports for basically all the characterisation for him that already exists. If he survives until Chapter 12, Caesar gives him the Merc Sword that let's him use the Warren Mercenaries as a battalion. Myrmidon NPC talk in Chapter 3 Laim
Edd
Rene
Sarina
Cleo
Caesar
Laim ย  Radd's wife. One of the replacement characters from Shadow Dragon and New Mystery. This means she was allegedly with Marth throughout his wars, yet no one except Radd seems to be able to remember her. She doesn't seem too bothered by this, so imagine a less depressed Kellam. Cleric NPC talk in Chapter 3 Radd
Callahan
Thalia
Caesar
Louis
Sarina
Roger ย  Typical Roger smitten and in love with a Pegasus Knight. Only this time it's a Caeda doppleganger and not the princess herself. He seems to realize this, but is in denial about the truth. His ending says he never has any look with women, so they need to break up by the end of the game (probably in their A support). Knight Talk in Chapter 3 after enemies show up Columba
Rostoe
Sheeda
Louis
Sheeda ย  A girl from parts unknown who happens to look almost identical to the princess of Talys. She doesn't overtly try to take advantage of this, but she also hesitates to correct people on this point. Pegasus Knight Talk to Roger in Chapter 3 after enemies show up Edd
Sox
Agnes
Dolores
Roger
Blase ย  A pegasus knight from Macedon who is trying to bring more justice to the world. She says that she likes to keep to herself and her pegasus (named Mar), buuuut she can't actually handle being alone for a long period of time. She's fairly prideful, even if she's discouraged extremely quickly, but she does keep in mind what people say as criticisms, even when angered. She doesn't take insults very well, and is subject to getting angry fast. Pegasus Knight NPC talk in Chapter 4 with Sheeda Cleo
Soz
Thalia
Edd
Christopher
Jones ย  One of the few Pyrathi who has first hand experience of the outside world. Was in Grust during Marth's invasion but fought against Hardin's forces. Admires Christopher's leadership. A religious person who worships the Dagons, but doesn't have any interest in Danu's organized religion. Speaks with a (no doubt inconsistent) pirate accent. Pirate NPC talk in Chapter 5 with Christopher Christpoher
Hev
Dolores
Missie
Sarina
Balaam ย  An Archanean priest working as a chaplain in the last penal colony. His smooth, soft, and sardonic voice accompany perpetually tired eyes. He seems to take some twisted pleasure in the hopeless plights of the prisoners he's supposed to minister to. However, circumstances inevitably force him to ally with those same factions.He is familiar with and most contemptuous of Pyrathi's native religion. Knew Linde's father Miloah (and probably Gharnef too) Curate NPC talk in Chapter 6 with Christopher Scoth
Virgin
Genevieve
Thalia
Scoth ย  A bandit from Valentia who fled to Archanea yet still wound up in the Pyrathi penal colony. He is trying to change his ways and respects Balaam. Wether he is a certain Brigand Boss Alm and company encountered (or ignored and left Silque to the mercy of) is ambiguous (nevertheless he follows Valentian boss tradition of having a name that ends in -th). Brigand NPC talk in Chapter 6 with Balaam Damian
Agnes
Balaam
Missie
Caesar

Christopher
Dolores ย  Christopher's personal second in command in the preivous war. That sounds important, but she really hasn't been characterized very much beyond being practical and eager to prove herself. She joined Mace's group when the peace broke down, but quickly changed her mind when he tried to kill Christopher. Cavalier Joins briefly in Prologue. Talk to NPC group with Christopher or Columba in Chapter 7 to rejoin. Hev
Sheeda
Jones
Louis
Christopher
Edd ย  Christopher's former war buddy who joined Mace's group when the peace broke down, along with Dolores and Rostoe. However all three defected when he tried to kill Christopher. He was the teenager in who told Marth where to get the Wyrmslayer in Shadow Dragon, this means he had actually been working as agent for Mace for several years. Christopher did not know that. This information has already been revealed in a support with Caesar and doesn't necessarily need to be mentioned elsewhere. Archer Talk to NPC group with Christopher or Columba in Chapter 7 Caesar
Sheeda
Blase
Radd
Sarina
Christopher
Rostoe ย  Same recruitment as Edd and Dolores above. At first glance, he appears to be one of those 'shy' characters, you know, the Bernadettas, the nervous ones. However, rather surprisingly, when he finds someone who actually reaches out to him and makes her feel comfortable, she becomes an extremely energetic. One of his main hobbies is cooking, but his concoctions end up mixing ingredients that feel like they shouldn't mix, and no one really wants to try them due to their looks. Mage Talk to NPC group with Christopher or Columba in Chapter 7 Ceres
Missie
Damian
Roger
Thalia ย  Ceres's cousin and one of Enoch's spies. She uses her feminine wiles to seduce her marks. This includes sleeping with women. Very confident and comfortable with flirting. I envision a support with Balaam wherein he attacks her for her lifestyle while she rejects his prudish view of the world. Thief Automatically from Chapter 9 Balaam
Blase
Laim
Rene
Enoch
Ceres
Callahan ย  Has a cold demeanor, with very little patience for nonsense. Her tongue is sharp and unforgiving, using few words and using them very harshly. Despite her sternness, she is still a mage of Khadein and has a passion for learning. She's especially fascinated by ancient civilizations and their lost knowledge. Hates being distracted from research and does not enjoy small talk or explaining "entry-level" material. Optimistic about the potential for magic to improve people's lives. Mage Talk and negotiate payment with Christopher or Thalia in Chapter 9 Laim
Agnes
Rene
Hev
Sarena ย  A mysterious 'cleric' who appired in Pyrathi shortly after the War of Shadows. In truth she is a Mercenary and a former member of the Soothsires, the group of Bandit's Marth wiped out in Chapter 3 of Shadow Dragon. Has a grudge against Ogma for killing Hyman her "main squeeze". She uses her cleirc act to cover up her true nature and joined Christopher mainly to be on the winning side. Despite a ruthless willingness to betray and abandon friends, she's not actually mean or cruel. Mercenary Clear Chapter 10 without killing her (it's a route map but it will end if she's the only enemy) Laim
Rennac
Radd
Edd
Jones
Rene ย  A dark mage working for Danu who joins if Christopher allies with the religious faction. He does not shy away from the fact that he is basically spying on Christopher. He has a passion for the darker aspect of magic and has an off putting demeanour that is tempered by an overly formal manner. He serves as a boss on the Mace route. Dark Mage Automatically from Chapter 14 if sided with Danu Agnes
Ceres
Thalia
Columba
Radd
Callahan
Hev ย  An assassin working for Mace who joins if Christopher allies with the republican faction. I haven't actually made the Mace route yet, so she's just a boss so far. She is a ruthless assassin loyal to Mace, but also enjoys fishing. Archer Automatically from Chapter 14 if sided with Mace Dolores
Jones
Sox
Virgin
Agnes
Callahan
Missie ย  A pirate who was loyal to Balon until her faith began to waver. She has a history with Jones and can be recruited by him. As a loyal Balon follower, she doesn't actually have much issue with reaving and plundering. Pirate Talk in Chapter 17 with Christopher or Jones Jones
Rostoe
Caesar
Scoth
Sox ย  A religious general who everyone assumed with throw in with Danu, but unexpectedly declared for Christopher before he had even met her. Encountered part way through but is charged with guarding a fortress until near end game. Has a family in the capital but also kept Thalia as a mistress. Her portrait is definitely a placeholder. Fortress Knight Automatically from Chapter 21 Hev
Sheeda
Blase
Enoch

ย 

As of now 3 full support chains have been done, Christopher X Ceres, Christopher X Scoth and Caesar X Edd. In addition, Christopher X Blase's C support has been written, but not B and A.

Edited by Jotari

I've had this character idea since I created Cleo, and I was going to make this character alongside Cleo but I thought me having two characters seemed too much when everyone else seemed to only have one. So here it is, it's copy and pasted from way back when this thread was made so if some details are amiss then feel free to change them to your heart's content.ย 

Name:ย Marcus

Class:ย Fighter (Brigand will also work if his class needs to be changed for whatever reason)

Backstory:ย A tough and intimidating man from an early age, he was well known across the village for his tremendous strength and athleticism and he was looked up to by the children living there. Ever since he was young he made a living chopping wood with his father and his grandfather, he was very close to them. His mother died giving birth to him so he never had a mother-figure growing up, there seems to be a theme in his family where the mother seems to die quite early in their child's life that seems to have gone on for generations. Sadly, this curse affected his wife as well, Chloe. They were deeply in love with each other since they were very, very young. Both of their fathers were childhood friends and because of that Chloe and Marcus were around each other a lot. Due to Chloe's death, Marcus refused to ever let another woman into his heart again, so he vowed to live the rest of his life alone so he wouldn't put anyone in danger. Due to this curse, Marcus has a hard time connecting with women and is very pessimistic about everything, which was a polar opposite with how he was before Chloe died. Fellow village folk were driven away by Marcus' new pessimistic views and he was kicked out and was forced to leave. Due to the village's cruelty he became a hermit and refused to talk to anyone that ran across his manmade hut that he made not too far from the village. Due to his hermit lifestyle, he doesn't know much about the War of Shadows and would probably never even know about Marth if it wasn't for Marth and his army passing by his village, Marcus noticed that the folks in Marth's army seemed happy and content, and Marcus wanted that, he wanted to be happy and around people again. So he set out and grabbed his axe and some armor from the local blacksmith that his father knew and was friends with, and set out on a journey to find a similar band of folks that were as happy and as cared for as Marth's army.ย 

Quirks:ย Has a pet duckling named Fishstick that he carries around in his pouch, seems to be his only true friend. He also chews on tree bark, a habit he's had since he was a child.

Supports:ย Marcus' supports will be centered around his tragic past and getting out of his hermit lifestyle, preferably with some comedic supports sprinkled here and there

And that's it! Like I said, if you need to change anything about this character then please do so! I had tons of fun making this character so if any more characters need to be made then I'll be happy to make more! ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

Edited by ๐™‡๐™ค๐™ ๐™ž

6 hours ago, ๐™‡๐™ค๐™ ๐™ž said:

I've had this character idea since I created Cleo, and I was going to make this character alongside Cleo but I thought me having two characters seemed too much when everyone else seemed to only have one. So here it is, it's copy and pasted from way back when this thread was made so if some details are amiss then feel free to change them to your heart's content.ย 

Name:ย Marcus

Class:ย Fighter (Brigand will also work if his class needs to be changed for whatever reason)

Backstory:ย A tough and intimidating man from an early age, he was well known across the village for his tremendous strength and athleticism and he was looked up to by the children living there. Ever since he was young he made a living chopping wood with his father and his grandfather, he was very close to them. His mother died giving birth to him so he never had a mother-figure growing up, there seems to be a theme in his family where the mother seems to die quite early in their child's life that seems to have gone on for generations. Sadly, this curse affected his wife as well, Chloe. They were deeply in love with each other since they were very, very young. Both of their fathers were childhood friends and because of that Chloe and Marcus were around each other a lot. Due to Chloe's death, Marcus refused to ever let another woman into his heart again, so he vowed to live the rest of his life alone so he wouldn't put anyone in danger. Due to this curse, Marcus has a hard time connecting with women and is very pessimistic about everything, which was a polar opposite with how he was before Chloe died. Fellow village folk were driven away by Marcus' new pessimistic views and he was kicked out and was forced to leave. Due to the village's cruelty he became a hermit and refused to talk to anyone that ran across his manmade hut that he made not too far from the village. Due to his hermit lifestyle, he doesn't know much about the War of Shadows and would probably never even know about Marth if it wasn't for Marth and his army passing by his village, Marcus noticed that the folks in Marth's army seemed happy and content, and Marcus wanted that, he wanted to be happy and around people again. So he set out and grabbed his axe and some armor from the local blacksmith that his father knew and was friends with, and set out on a journey to find a similar band of folks that were as happy and as cared for as Marth's army.ย 

Quirks:ย Has a pet duckling named Fishstick that he carries around in his pouch, seems to be his only true friend. He also chews on tree bark, a habit he's had since he was a child.

Supports:ย Marcus' supports will be centered around his tragic past and getting out of his hermit lifestyle, preferably with some comedic supports sprinkled here and there

And that's it! Like I said, if you need to change anything about this character then please do so! I had tons of fun making this character so if any more characters need to be made then I'll be happy to make more! ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

I do need another Fighter and I think he could actually slot in very easily into chapter 12. The one issue is the names, as Fire Emblem already has a well known Marcus character and Chloe sounds a bit too close to the Cleo of this game.

32 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I do need another Fighter and I think he could actually slot in very easily into chapter 12. The one issue is the names, as Fire Emblem already has a well known Marcus character and Chloe sounds a bit too close to the Cleo of this game.

Yeah I just noticed that.

Marcus' new name could be Dominic then, or if you need to shorten it for whatever reason then he can just be called Dom.

For Chloe, Katelynn would work just fine!ย 

If you have any other ideas then feel free to use those instead, I just thought of these names on the top of my head ๐Ÿ™‚ย