Thousand Names Mafia Day 4

Randa

I'll dig up one of the versions tomorrow. In the mean time bbm might be able to tell you the character and which role she would work with.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understood, Shinori was only blocked because he wasn't voting with Prims D2. Prims switched to LG well before phase end, so it's nobody's fault but his own he couldn't act N2.

btw i would ask no one argue about my role anymore let's just not talk about it inthread please i've said all i can about it and i really cannot argue about it anymore

I really really liked the concept behind my role, for whatever that's worth. Very interesting since the way the player handled it could be potentially telling, plus it was able to situationally clear people. I'd have made it so I could pick the person my target has to sheep for the sake of anonymity, though.

Yeah I definitely think I'm gonna use a variant of your role on the future. Gotta clean up the wording first tho. And I'm inclined to use a variant of shins role though I would combo it with a a cop or hook rather than a kill.

I initially expected my role to end up being a glorified vanilla, but I'm pretty chuffed I got to use it. Excellen, you really need to try and keep your cool, insulting everyone who cases you really isn't the way to go.

Cool but why extend deadline if game was going to be over anyway? having to go to sleep without seeing the flip sucks =/

Maybe after a couple more games like this one people will stop thinking that I might be a super mastermind bussing scumlord.

Mitsuki: So this game was actually fun to follow!

I'm pretty sure the only reason why people didn't scumread Yolo until the last part of the game is because it's hard to get used to the way he posts (Not to insult your play, Yolo, but I don't think you put much effort in this game overall). I get the impression that people didn't put much effort in understanding what he was doing.

Also I thought Excellen was obvtown. Not to defend him, since his attiude was terrible and he deserved to be lynched, but I don't think lynching someone just for their defense on scum should be the standard way to go. You're not looking at the reason why the person is doing what they are doing, and town can be wrong too. Hell, I've defended scum plenty of times and I'll probably do it again someday. But scumhunting is not about facts, it's about meanings.

Also how did people even consider that Vhaltz could be bussing. WHO WOULD BE SO CRUEL AS TO BUS SOMEONE LIKE THAT

I'm stealing Vhaltz's computer and not letting him type. SORRY VHALTZ

Edited by Vhaltz

I didn't have any trouble understanding Yolo's posts. only issue is I guess that when you're typing all lowercase it becomes harder to parse paragraphs presented as chunks of text.

I also thought Excellen looked townie, but for different reasons. I don't think he deserved to be lynched I guess until he stopped trying. He would probably benefit from being less invested in whether he get lynched or not or whether people are listening to him since it's just a game in the end. which isn't to say "don't try", just "don't insult people at the first sign of things not going your way".

Maybe after a couple more games like this one people will stop thinking that I might be a super masterming bussing scumlord.

my first game with scum!you was the game where you were scum mayor and let the godfather get lynched for no reason

TRUST NO ONE

Pretty sure that was my first game with Scum!Vhaltz too (except Eury was even more buff IIRC). The next game was amazing because I was like "I'm townreading Vhaltz, but I always townread him when he's scum" and he was scum so take that everyone else who called me out.

FIRE EMBLEM

Edited by Refa

my first game with scum!you was the game where you were scum mayor and let the godfather get lynched for no reason

TRUST NO ONE

That was much easier to do when I had virtually no ties with anybody in SF yet :V

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't play scum like that anymore.

That was much easier to do when I had virtually no ties with anybody in SF yet :V

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't play scum like that anymore.

That's just what you want us to think!

Pretty sure that was my first game with Scum!Vhaltz too (except Eury was even more buff IIRC). The next game was amazing because I was like "I'm townreading Vhaltz, but I always townread him when he's scum" and he was scum so take that everyone else who called me out.

FIRE EMBLEM

Also I'm pretty sure my next game after that one was FE6? In which I was town

Take that Refa's memory

Not bothered about being wrong on the Vhaltz vs Yolo thing as I was just going to push Yolo D5 if I was wrong anyway.

This game felt like it was mountainous. I don't know about Vhaltz's role, but I was just vanilla with a miller condition. I feel like the only really *good* role in this setup was Shinori's cop, and the entire mafia is setup to counter it so it's made into a laughing stock. Snike can mess with it by redirecting him, LG's role just avoids him completely and Yolo's tricks him. Then there's the persuader/glorified Roleblocker which can (and did) mess with the inspect and imo was negative utility (Iunno how it can be used to scumhunt, Prims explain).

Honestly Vhaltz you totally didn't think Excellen was obvtown you were like "can't see how he is town unless he is incredibly unlucky". He had terrible interaction with mafia, sure, he got unlucky and pushed the opposing wagon to LG that fell out of nowhere D2, but there is scum motivation in doing so.

i didnt put in much effort cuz i knew we were fucked like 2 days into d1. i told randa as much. that and i usually dont spend more than 5 minutes on a post

some good and bad about the setup. i dont like cops or indies or a lot of power roles being present but the vigs were cool (shins was good jus to get that indy nonsense out immediately). census idve loved as town jus to kno how many scum were on the team

Truth be told yolo, I think you did pretty well considering. If Via hadn't outed themselves, I think me and Eury would have come under a lot more fire. I was seriously torn between you and kirsche at the end, part of me really wasn't sure. Losing both your buddies D1 and 2 really put a hamper on things. I remember the same happened to scum in British Mafia, which left Shinori really apathetic.

Honestly Vhaltz you totally didn't think Excellen was obvtown you were like "can't see how he is town unless he is incredibly unlucky". He had terrible interaction with mafia, sure, he got unlucky and pushed the opposing wagon to LG that fell out of nowhere D2, but there is scum motivation in doing so.

That was Mitsuki dude

TRUST NO ONE

that sounds like something I would expect Vhaltz to do

EDIT: Bizz's role was horrible with like a very low chance of victory and Shin's role just sealed his fate

this also reminds me of Elie's mafia on YGO Season 1, where my role was info that ITP was a lyncher and ITP was OP as crazy there (as in, the mirror image of this ITP)

Edited by Blitz

Truth be told yolo, I think you did pretty well considering. If Via hadn't outed themselves, I think me and Eury would have come under a lot more fire. I was seriously torn between you and kirsche at the end, part of me really wasn't sure. Losing both your buddies D1 and 2 really put a hamper on things. I remember the same happened to scum in British Mafia, which left Shinori really apathetic.

thx bro

good game yall

Wait so I was left alive because the scumteam thought I was the cop, and they had ridiculous utility against it?

I thought the "assume I died and flipped VT" comment was extremely transparent and that's why I wasn't getting killed